Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 262486 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #736: Apr 11, 2018 10:41:45 am
      Happy 26th Birthday Sadio. Thanks for the present. 🎂 🎉 🎉🎉🎉🎉🍻🍻🍻
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #737: Apr 15, 2018 01:58:24 pm
      Of players to have hit 10 or more goals in all of their Premier League seasons, only Sergio Aguero (seven) and Eric Cantona (five) have done it more often than Mane (four).
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #738: Apr 15, 2018 05:25:27 pm
      I don’t see him as the weakest of the three, I put him right up there with Mohamed and Roberto.

His work rate is absolutely superb and the off ball running is of the highest standard. He frightens defenders and draws so many fouls.

I am literally in awe of him, what a signing.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #739: Apr 15, 2018 11:52:50 pm
      Massive boost to see him playing so well at the business end of the season. Is now approaching the form he showed for much of last season. Is working his socks off, touch and dribbling has improved and he is scoring goals regularly and now looks odds on to break 20 for the season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #740: Apr 16, 2018 09:43:15 am
      I don’t see him as the weakest of the three, I put him right up there with Mohamed and Roberto.

His work rate is absolutely superb and the off ball running is of the highest standard. He frightens defenders and draws so many fouls.

I am literally in awe of him, what a signing.

Massive boost to see him playing so well at the business end of the season. Is now approaching the form he showed for much of last season. Is working his socks off, touch and dribbling has improved and he is scoring goals regularly and now looks odds on to break 20 for the season.

Love his post match tunnel Interviews as well. Big F***ing smile and just the way he talks is infectious.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #741: Apr 16, 2018 11:15:05 am
      Love his imitations of Bobbys post goal celebrations even more  :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #742: Apr 16, 2018 11:55:12 am
      So important to us that he's coming back into form right now. With Bobby getting a bit more clinical in front of goal lately as well then we have a truly scary front three for any defence to deal with. Add to that the Ox who seems to be getting more confident by the game and a defence which keeps improving then this could be one hell of an end to the season :-)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #743: Apr 16, 2018 08:14:44 pm
      Been absolutely incredible these past few weeks. Also is it me or does he come back deeper into midfield more these days or has it always been that way? I was re-watching that first half against Man City at Anfield and it's sublime seeing the confusion and bedlam amongst the City folks as one moment it's Mane occupying the hole, then the next it's Firmino and then AOO or even Milner steps forward to have a shot there. And for what it's worth, that 10 minute period between Chamberlain's goal and Mane's (20-30 minutes) in that match is probably the most consistently brilliant 10 minutes I have ever seen us, or any other team for that matter, play. Spread out to the left, spread out to the right, Bobby coming backwards, Bobby going forward, Lovren and VVD heading it forward and picking up their own headers, Hendo and Milner sandwiching every shirt in blue, Robbo and TAA cutting it out and then pinging it forward, Ox harrassing, Salah shining. Perfection.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2018 08:19:49 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #744: Apr 26, 2018 12:26:54 am
      Been absolutely incredible these past few weeks. Also is it me or does he come back deeper into midfield more these days or has it always been that way? I was re-watching that first half against Man City at Anfield and it's sublime seeing the confusion and bedlam amongst the City folks as one moment it's Mane occupying the hole, then the next it's Firmino and then AOO or even Milner steps forward to have a shot there. And for what it's worth, that 10 minute period between Chamberlain's goal and Mane's (20-30 minutes) in that match is probably the most consistently brilliant 10 minutes I have ever seen us, or any other team for that matter, play. Spread out to the left, spread out to the right, Bobby coming backwards, Bobby going forward, Lovren and VVD heading it forward and picking up their own headers, Hendo and Milner sandwiching every shirt in blue, Robbo and TAA cutting it out and then pinging it forward, Ox harrassing, Salah shining. Perfection.

He has been really good. Even last night he kick started our evening. I was screaming at the tv when he missed those first two, but its his constant movement and attack that starts the Roma backline getting pulled all over the place. At one point in the second half there CB's did not want the ball and literally shat themselves when one of the trio came after it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #745: Apr 26, 2018 01:36:58 am
      He has been really good. Even last night he kick started our evening. I was screaming at the tv when he missed those first two, but its his constant movement and attack that starts the Roma backline getting pulled all over the place. At one point in the second half there CB's did not want the ball and literally shat themselves when one of the trio came after it.

He sometimes gets a hard time from some for not being as clinical as the other two alongside him but it's incredible how one moment so many people are going 'I can't believe he missed that' and the next they're saying 'amazing goal by Mane!' or 'what a great ball that was to set up etc etc'. Watching Frank Ribery tonight for Bayern and time after time he got into good positions and then mucked up. All game that was. Mane gives off the perception that he's going to do the same but he always proves everyone wrong by getting one thing VERY right and then after he gets that one thing VERY right he seems unstoppable, just like his amazing performance away to Porto a couple of months back where after a misfiring start he scored one and then became unplayable. His ability to bounce back from a glaring miss in games is fantastic it must be said.

Also there has been a belief amongst some quarters that Mane hasn't had as good a season this year as he did last when he was our best player. But that's just the perception created by Firmino and Salah alongside him who are playing at astonishingly high levels. I'd say he's every bit as good as he was last season, better even. I also think his role has become much more dynamic than it was previously - you see him coming back deep and playing balls from deep quite often (the Watford home match a few weeks back was a great example of that) and I think his technical skills are improving all the time which is just what Klopp wants as opposed to many managers (mainly British managers) who'd rely on his pace and his pace only.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #746: Apr 26, 2018 10:06:48 am
      Mane is awesome. So important to the Klopp system.

Went into his shell a couple of months ago but glad to see he is back and firing on all cylinders.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #747: Apr 26, 2018 12:17:11 pm
      Gets kicked around a good bit too doesn’t he, and always seems to get back up. He’s certainly showing a toughness you might not expect from a “speedy” wide player.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #748: Apr 26, 2018 04:26:01 pm
      Ben Smith claims he is out for the rest of the season  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

my fingers are crossed that its a lie

edit: the tweet has now been deleted 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #749: Apr 26, 2018 04:36:10 pm
      Ben Smith claims he is out for the rest of the season  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

my fingers are crossed that its a lie

edit: the tweet has now been deleted 

He had a scan at Spire Hospital, was seen limping but will probably still be fit for the Roma second leg.

Can see him not playing tomorrow.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #750: Apr 26, 2018 05:22:51 pm
      F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k

We literally have no replacement
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #751: Apr 26, 2018 05:25:59 pm
      He had a scan at Spire Hospital, was seen limping but will probably still be fit for the Roma second leg.

Can see him not playing tomorrow.

Or Saturday even
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #752: Apr 26, 2018 06:24:44 pm
      Any update?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #753: Apr 26, 2018 06:43:11 pm

I reckon he is faking it so he can stay at home and play God of War 4!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #754: Apr 26, 2018 06:53:43 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #755: Apr 26, 2018 07:02:56 pm

Hahaha yeah for some reason I keep thinking it's Friday!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #757: Apr 26, 2018 07:09:51 pm
      Jürgen's press conference is at 10.30 tomorrow,  hopefully news will be positive
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #758: Apr 26, 2018 07:42:47 pm

Quick Reply