Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259222 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #805: Jun 13, 2018 08:23:03 pm
      Yea I believe Suarez and Phil both said similar.

How about just say "I'm happy at Liverpool".

Don't know why these guys always have to add "but you never know".

Because all of us know that, you can never say never. Carragher and Gerrard's type are a thing of the past. I'm not alarmed either way.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #806: Jun 13, 2018 08:55:37 pm
      Because all of us know that, you can never say never. Carragher and Gerrard's type are a thing of the past. I'm not alarmed either way.

Haha. When people ask me if I'm happy at my job I tell them yes, I love where I work and they'd have to kick me out. Even though I would possibly listen to offers from other places should they arise, I wouldn't have any reason to say "Well you never know".

Kopite78
      Reply #807: Jun 13, 2018 09:21:17 pm
      Yea I believe Suarez and Phil both said similar.

How about just say "I'm happy at Liverpool".

Don't know why these guys always have to add "but you never know".

They want to win?

That's why we have to.

If we don't compete we will keep losing our best players

That's why we need to invest and need to compete
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #808: Jun 13, 2018 09:25:15 pm

If we don't compete we will keep losing our best players

That's why we need to invest and need to compete
      Does anyone dispute this?
      Kopite78
      Reply #809: Jun 13, 2018 09:39:54 pm

So why is anyone surprised by it then?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #810: Jun 13, 2018 10:13:21 pm
      So why is anyone surprised by it then?

I’m not surprised, I said I don’t understand why they have to keep saying it. I don’t remember Salah or Firmino making a point of saying it. It seems to be a precursor to a player itching for a move that’s my point.  I don’t think I said anywhere that a player shouldn’t want to win trophies did I?
      Kopite78
      Reply #811: Jun 13, 2018 10:18:52 pm
      I’m not surprised, I said I don’t understand why they have to keep saying it. I don’t remember Salah or Firmino making a point of saying it. It seems to be a precursor to a player itching for a move that’s my point.  I don’t think I said anywhere that a player shouldn’t want to win trophies did I?

They don't say it without prompting they get asked by journos

I'm sure everyone of the modern players answer it the same way if they get asked
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #812: Jun 14, 2018 02:21:20 am
      Mane could have done better in his interview, probably is trying to get a pay rise? It's strange for a Barcelona fan to wanting to play for RM. At the end of the day, not worried one bit about him moving as long as we can find a suitable replacement. Nothing to worry about really.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #813: Jun 14, 2018 10:51:59 am
      Haha. When people ask me if I'm happy at my job I tell them yes, I love where I work and they'd have to kick me out. Even though I would possibly listen to offers from other places should they arise, I wouldn't have any reason to say "Well you never know".

Because normal jobs will kick you out saying that, that's why we do not say it. In football, to be kicked out is either through cases of violence, abuse or crime.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #814: Jun 28, 2018 09:17:45 pm
      Sorry Mane, go get some rest buddy :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #815: Jun 28, 2018 09:21:00 pm
      they just couldn't find Mane could they a case of a good player surrounded by AVG players
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #816: Jul 02, 2018 09:54:13 am
      With Salah and Firmino signed up, can we now look into giving Mane a new contract?!
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #817: Jul 02, 2018 11:02:10 am
      With Salah and Firmino signed up, can we now look into giving Mane a new contract?!

I believe Firmino and Salah are considered critical (and therefore untouchable) players for club and system, while Mane (while great) is expendable if the right transfer offer came along. So with three years still left on his contract, there is no need to extend that into his thirties or bump up his 100k pw salary just yet.

Because, for example, if a club like say, Madrid or Barcelona, came in with around a 100 mil offer in the next year, I'd totally see us selling him and replacing him with, say, Malcom and Bailey for 80-90 mil combined to compete for his spot.

But hey, if he has a blinder this year, and he's happy to stay, there's little doubt he'd get an extension then and bumped up to that 150-200k pw zone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #818: Jul 02, 2018 01:07:06 pm
      I believe Firmino and Salah are considered critical (and therefore untouchable) players for club and system, while Mane (while great) is expendable if the right transfer offer came along. So with three years still left on his contract, there is no need to extend that into his thirties or bump up his 100k pw salary just yet.

Because, for example, if a club like say, Madrid or Barcelona, came in with around a 100 mil offer in the next year, I'd totally see us selling him and replacing him with, say, Malcom and Bailey for 80-90 mil combined to compete for his spot.

But hey, if he has a blinder this year, and he's happy to stay, there's little doubt he'd get an extension then and bumped up to that 150-200k pw zone.

Sorry but I strongly disagree, Mane was our best forward towards the end of last season and is vital to the team, the same as Mo and Bobby.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #819: Jul 02, 2018 01:11:50 pm
      Sorry but I strongly disagree, Mane was our best forward towards the end of last season and is vital to the team, the same as Mo and Bobby.

I can see him being right up there in goal scoring this season I think he is under-rated and will be a huge player for us this season
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #820: Jul 02, 2018 01:18:39 pm

Sorry mate but can't agree with that,  one of the major elements of our front 3 is how they conpliment each other
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #821: Jul 02, 2018 01:54:40 pm
      Oh I totally agree they compliment each other, and hope they're our front three for the next five years. But I do believe the club view the other two on a slightly higher and more critical level than Mane, and so are not compelled to extend a contract that still has three years to run. I mean, usually only the biggest stars (or grossly underpaid youngsters) get contract extensions with 3+ years left.

I actually reckon Mane's WC experience of being a leader for his nation will really drive him to take his game to that next level this year and, if so, no doubt Liverpool will look to extend his deal before the start of next season. But I don't see the club rushing to do so like they did with the other two, and I don't fault them for not being impatient, that's all.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #822: Jul 02, 2018 05:12:56 pm

This.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #823: Jul 02, 2018 05:22:02 pm
      Mane = Firmino = Salah

If 2 have been given contract extensions, so should Sadio.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #824: Jul 02, 2018 05:43:05 pm

Word is he's already been offered a new deal, just needs to sign it.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #825: Jul 02, 2018 06:39:54 pm

At this moment in time there are only (IMO) two players that could play in the system Mane plays under Klopp.and neither will track back as well., and that's Sane and Hazard,  and we aint getting neither of them
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #826: Jul 20, 2018 01:23:19 pm
      Gonna be wearing the number 10 this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #827: Jul 20, 2018 03:21:41 pm
      I wouldn't swap Mane for anyone and the fact he has requested the number 10 means his body and soul are in Liverpool.

Quick Reply