Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259196 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #874: Oct 05, 2018 01:42:53 pm
      Let me guess, Jones should take his place?

:lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #875: Oct 05, 2018 01:49:31 pm
      Getting away with murder this last month.

Going through one of those periods when he’s playing for himself not the team. His decision making has been awful.

He's been poor for like 2 games let's not right him off just yet.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #876: Oct 05, 2018 02:02:57 pm
      He's been poor for like 2 games let's not right him off just yet.

Not writing him off at all mate - lads a wonderful player but I stand by the above 100%.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #877: Oct 06, 2018 06:30:56 am
      Getting away with murder this last month.

Going through one of those periods when he’s playing for himself not the team. His decision making has been awful.

Agreed, not been good enough. Blistering start to the season but playing below par again.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #878: Oct 07, 2018 09:29:09 pm
      Boss over played mane he needs drop rest couple games
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #879: Oct 16, 2018 01:46:42 am
      Damn it, I hope it's not serious.  :o
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #880: Oct 16, 2018 09:15:03 am
      Damn it, I hope it's not serious.  :o

These internationals are a F***ing joke aren't they, potentially 2 of the front 3 and van dijk out of the Huddersfield match now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #881: Oct 16, 2018 09:33:42 am
      These internationals are a f**king joke aren't they, potentially 2 of the front 3 and van dijk out of the Huddersfield match now.

A broken thumb is not that serious though and really shouldn't keep him out or affect his play. I'm sure I've seen players play with strapped up hands before.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #882: Oct 16, 2018 10:24:13 am
      A broken thumb is not that serious though and really shouldn't keep him out or affect his play. I'm sure I've seen players play with strapped up hands before.

Yeah it won’t stop him playing, fairly sure Vardy was playing with a broken hand?
      I think he will get the week off vs Huddersfield but that’s so it has a bit more time to settle down, can’t see him missing more than the 1 game with it.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #883: Oct 16, 2018 12:30:24 pm
      Not serious injury, won't effect him. He will play.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #884: Oct 18, 2018 01:59:58 pm
      I broke my thumb 5 years back, sore thing. Need to take care not to loose your pinch.
      Be interested to see if Sadio plays at the weekend, can strap it up, but needs to be careful falling over. Don't think you can play with a cast or anything that hard, and not sure how something softer would offer enough support - so not sure how they manage it - though like guys have said, other players have played with healing broken bones before, so will see.
      Though might be a chance to give Shaq or Studge a run.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #885: Oct 27, 2018 05:47:13 pm
      Two sumptuous goals by Sadio today. Well played.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #886: Oct 27, 2018 05:51:55 pm
      With a broken thumb too....  well in player.. 👍🏿
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #887: Oct 27, 2018 05:56:15 pm
      I can see him being right up there in goal scoring this season I think he is under-rated and will be a huge player for us this season

Having two or even three players getting close to 30 goals would be crazy but who knows . The way we set up now they have a wall behind them that cannot be breached.
      Joint top with Mo after today 7 goals  so far
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #888: Oct 28, 2018 10:21:17 am
      What a signing he’s been, always dangerous even when he’s not in the game or off form.

It’s not just his pace, it’s the acceleration coupled with a good football brain. He’s got both feet and can genuinely hit a rocket.

I still watch his left foot top corner slider against city last year, a thing of beauty.

He’s a big game player and never ever shy’s from the ball.

He would get into every first 11 in the world, including Barcelona
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #889: Oct 28, 2018 10:34:04 am
      Such an enigma - thought he was woefully wasteful yesterday.........till he scored.

I was literally screaming at the stream “for f#cks sake, where’s your game awareness you’ve turned back into trouble for the 1000th time this game oh f#ck me what, what a finish, well in lad!” When he scored his first....... :lmao:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #890: Oct 28, 2018 11:32:50 am
      Such an enigma - thought he was woefully wasteful yesterday.........till he scored.

I was literally screaming at the stream “for f#cks sake, where’s your game awareness you’ve turned back into trouble for the 1000th time this game oh f#ck me what, what a finish, well in lad!” When he scored his first....... :lmao:
      Definitely an enigma mate. For a player at such a high level, his touch let’s him down so often. At times though his pace means he is able to retain the ball but if he works on that first touch, it would make a big difference to his overall game. As good as his first goal is, I loved that second goal. The way he takes control and rather than waiting for Salah to make a run, says, “here I’ll sort it” and 87 minutes in to the game still has the energy to make that darting run and presence of mind to lift it over the keeper.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #891: Oct 28, 2018 11:50:22 am
      Definitely an enigma mate. For a player at such a high level, his touch let’s him down so often. At times though his pace means he is able to retain the ball but if he works on that first touch, it would make a big difference to his overall game. As good as his first goal is, I loved that second goal. The way he takes control and rather than waiting for Salah to make a run, says, “here I’ll sort it” and 87 minutes in to the game still has the energy to make that darting run and presence of mind to lift it over the keeper.

Agreed. Almost identical to the 2nd at West Ham......

Thing is I just don't have the A’s much faith in Sadio to play Mo in (consistently) in same circumstances.

Not a pop, as such, just niggling frustrations at an outstanding talent.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #892: Oct 28, 2018 10:35:19 pm
      Anyone else slightly worried about his contract situation and general demeanour?
      He has either been offered one and refused or not been offered one and is pissed that Salah was after 1 season.....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #893: Oct 29, 2018 01:15:13 am
      Anyone else slightly worried about his contract situation and general demeanour?
      He has either been offered one and refused or not been offered one and is pissed that Salah was after 1 season.....

Final year next season? I am worried :( He deserves the same amount as Salah tbh!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #894: Oct 29, 2018 08:01:06 am

Thought the same mate, was doing my head in till that corker of a first goal then that sumptuous 2nd.

Did anyone notice when Mo came up to him to celebrate the goal, Sadio had an angry look on his face and he just chest pumped Mo and walked off? Don't want to make anything off it but just noticed it and thought there maybe could have been a bit more love between the 2 of them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #895: Oct 29, 2018 08:20:46 am
      Final year next season? I am worried :( He deserves the same amount as Salah tbh!

Ends June 2021 mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #896: Oct 29, 2018 10:02:40 am
      Agreed. Almost identical to the 2nd at West Ham......

Thing is I just don't have the A’s much faith in Sadio to play Mo in (consistently) in same circumstances.

Not a pop, as such, just niggling frustrations at an outstanding talent.

think he wants to be top scorer and a few times he could have put Mo in he didn't. Top goal scorers aren't usually the best providers and the competition between the two of them will drive them on.
      He always seems a bit reserved in his interviews but on LFC TV he was quite jokey whilst Shaqiri was being interviewed.
      He is doing great and I don't think you can change him or he will not be as effective

Quick Reply