Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259220 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #920: Nov 23, 2018 02:04:12 am
      About time! Hopefully he starts to regain some consistency with his performances too.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #921: Nov 23, 2018 02:39:40 am
      Sadio Mané signs new five-year contract to commit future to Liverpool
      Jürgen Klopp has claimed every club in Europe would covet Sadio Mané after the Senegal forward became the latest Liverpool player to commit his future to the club by signing a new long-term contract.

Mané, who moved to Anfield from Southampton in 2016 for £34m, has been in negotiations with Liverpool over a new deal since the end of last season but has now agreed terms on what is understood to be a five-year deal lasting until 2023 worth around £150,000 a week. It is a justified reward for the 26-year-old, who has scored 40 goals from 89 appearances and was voted as the club’s player of the year in his debut season.

“I am very happy, very happy to extend my time at Liverpool,” Mané told Liverpoolfc.com. “It is a great day for me and now I am looking forward to everything – to helping the team, to helping the club achieve our dreams and, especially, to win trophies.

“I’ve always said, when I knew I had a chance to come here I didn’t have to think twice. The right club in the right moment and with the right coach as well. I came here and was very happy. For me, I have made the best decision in my career.”

Mané has been a mainstay of Liverpool’s attack this season, scoring six goals in the Premier League as Klopp’s side attempt to sustain a title challenge to Manchester City. He joins Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino in signing new five-year contracts in the last 12 months.

“This is a big boost for everyone and another demonstration of how the players we have at this club are committed, not just to our present but our future also,” said Klopp.

“I can’t think of a single club anywhere in Europe that wouldn’t want a player like Sadio available to them, so the fact he wants to remain with us says something about where we are currently.

“He is a such an important member of our team and squad. He radiates joy and I think this is reflected in his performances and impact on the pitch. The only criticism I could ever have of Sadio is that maybe at times he is the only one not to see just how good he is but as an attacking player he is the complete package.

“He made a big impact when he first arrived, but if anything he’s got better and better each season. His trajectory has only been upwards in terms of his level and his contribution.”
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/22/sadio-mane-liverpool-contract-five-years

Eggcellent! Now for some front three bonding...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #922: Nov 23, 2018 10:40:12 am
      Great News
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #923: Nov 23, 2018 11:24:56 am
      Great News now he can get down to the business of being truly world class which he has more than enough ability for.
      He can start with a hattrick on Saturday
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #924: Nov 23, 2018 11:50:41 am
      Great news. Top quality player.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #925: Nov 23, 2018 12:17:27 pm
      Great stuff.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #926: Nov 23, 2018 11:15:38 pm
      Get the F**k in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #927: Nov 24, 2018 09:23:49 am

Hopefully follows it up by smashing a couple past Watford.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #928: Dec 02, 2018 06:50:27 pm
      Started like a house on fire today, think 3 scoring chances in first half, and another one in 2nd half.  So four in all?! Not half chances either, proper chances.
      Will be scratching his head tonite wondering how the F**k he didn't score.
      But fuckit, we won, so just convert them next time Sadio…  :)
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #929: Dec 02, 2018 06:53:41 pm
      Ran his socks off, a goal would have capped it off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #930: Dec 03, 2018 12:41:25 am
      It’s a shame he has the composure of a bull in a china shop. Try some finesse for god sake, stop lashing the ball at the goal every time and might start getting the goals that his performances deserve. Should have had at least 2 today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #931: Dec 03, 2018 09:25:50 pm
      It’s a shame he has the composure of a bull in a china shop. Try some finesse for god sake, stop lashing the ball at the goal every time and might start getting the goals that his performances deserve. Should have had at least 2 today.

It's the new boots he had designed in his Senegalese colours. Needs to go back to the Black boots.  :angel:
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #932: Dec 11, 2018 10:21:39 pm
      Some spectacular misses tonite from Sadio !

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #933: Dec 11, 2018 10:23:13 pm
      Shooting practice needed
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #934: Dec 11, 2018 10:28:11 pm
      If he could finish like Mo he would be world class
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #935: Dec 11, 2018 10:56:04 pm
      I don’t think Mane would have scored in a brothel tonight ....terrible finishing..

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #936: Dec 11, 2018 11:14:02 pm
      I know it’s a high standard but have a look at Mbappe tonight for PSG sets up their first 2 goals, the first assist is brilliant and sores their 4th. Sadio just seems to have little confidence in front of goal just now he should be told to focus on bringing others into play until he finds his shooting boots again
      ** controversial statement alert **
      I’m beginning to conclude that Sadio as a left sided attacker isn’t out of the top drawer. His left foot isn’t good enough and I don’t think he’s working the space well enough to hurt teams with his right foot. To but it bluntly in the position he plays I don’t think he’s good enough to be as selfish as he tends to be. If we’re looking for a quality addition in attack it has to be competition for this position
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018 11:22:16 pm by Alfie2510 »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #937: Dec 11, 2018 11:17:42 pm
      coulda had 3 hat-tricks ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #938: Dec 12, 2018 02:36:42 am
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #939: Dec 12, 2018 10:43:34 am
      I had a 2-0 bet on can't believe he missed those ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #940: Dec 12, 2018 03:52:38 pm
      Sadio had a good game. The most important thing is that he's creating and getting into good positions; his understanding with his fellow attackers is incredible too. In a luckier day he'd have scored at least one, probably two; it was that close. With all due respect to those shouting for Shaqiri, calm the F**k down already. Shaq isn't half the player. Stop the drama. At the start of the season it was Salah, now Mané. They'll both be alright.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #941: Dec 12, 2018 04:12:58 pm
      Sadio had a good game. The most important thing is that he's creating and getting into good positions; his understanding with his fellow attackers is incredible too. In a luckier day he'd have scored at least one, probably two; it was that close. With all due respect to those shouting for Shaqiri, calm the f**k down already. Shaq isn't half the player. Stop the drama. At the start of the season it was Salah, now Mané. They'll both be alright.

How many players would've gone hiding yesterday if they were in Mane's position? Love the fact that he keeps trying, keeps showing for the ball, keeps getting into the right positions, making the right runs, ...

People say he looks like he doesn't care and comes across lackadaisical, I'd rather have him be like that than starting to sulk and going hiding when things aren't going his way. Sign of a top player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #942: Dec 12, 2018 04:45:47 pm
      How many players would've gone hiding yesterday if they were in Mane's position? Love the fact that he keeps trying, keeps showing for the ball, keeps getting into the right positions, making the right runs, ...

People say he looks like he doesn't care and comes across lackadaisical, I'd rather have him be like that than starting to sulk and going hiding when things aren't going his way. Sign of a top player.

His effort is always amazing but he must improve his accuracy and finishing, it really is quite poor at the moment, definitely not a top draw striker as it stands.

Quick Reply