Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259188 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Apr 13, 2019 01:52:01 am
      Go on and get April and May as well Sadio!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1036: May 06, 2019 06:57:59 pm
      Can you smell what Sadio is cooking? A F***ing hattrick against Barcelona is what he's cooking!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1037: May 06, 2019 10:16:01 pm
      Can you smell what Sadio is cooking? A F***ing hattrick against Barcelona is what he's cooking!!!

On his own? Nah
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1038: May 06, 2019 11:18:22 pm

No, he will have 10 other teammates with him in the field
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1039: May 07, 2019 01:05:40 am
      Can you smell what Sadio is cooking? A f**king hattrick against Barcelona is what he's cooking!!!

Hope so mate. Think he will say to himself. "I'm the F***ing Man now, let's do this sh*t" and he has a stormer with a hat-trick and 2 assists.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1040: May 08, 2019 11:00:00 am
      A unsung hero last night absolutely terrorised Roberto and was so instrumental in keeping their back line honest who were sh*t scared of his pace.

Should have had a penno if the ref had bothered to go to VAR.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1041: May 08, 2019 12:03:07 pm
      Was all over Barca like a rash.. first line of defence.... solid display..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1042: May 09, 2019 07:34:20 am
      We scored 4 and Sadio, Mo's and Bobby's named not on the scoresheet. Brilliant.

Can feel him having a massive game in The Final but let's put a few past Wolves first, hey Sadio!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1043: May 09, 2019 11:24:58 pm
      Hes still playing well Sadio but I'm hoping he gets a goal at weekend to keep his confidence going before the final.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1044: May 13, 2019 03:43:47 pm
      Does Mane deserve only 3/4's of Salah's pay after matching Salah's 22 goals and in my eyes carrying the offense vs the best opponents?
      I have yet to see any defender match Mane's pace while Mo gets bottled up frequently.
      Mane's athleticism is world class and I fully understand why Madrid would put Mane on its shopping list.
      His vertical game is a dimension few strikers possess.

I fully suspect to read about a salary adjustment this summer ...or an ambitious swoop.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1045: May 13, 2019 06:19:58 pm
      One of our best ever signings. So consistent and so dangerous.

Would walk into any team around the world.

He loves a final too!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1046: May 13, 2019 06:20:40 pm
      Does Mane deserve only 3/4's of Salah's pay after matching Salah's 22 goals and in my eyes carrying the offense vs the best opponents?
      I have yet to see any defender match Mane's pace while Mo gets bottled up frequently.
      Mane's athleticism is world class and I fully understand why Madrid would put Mane on its shopping list.

I fully suspect to read about a salary adjustment this summer ...or an ambitious swoop.

You on a anti-Salah campaign mate?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1047: May 13, 2019 06:47:53 pm
      Up there with Robbo and Trent but just behind VVD as player of the season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1048: May 13, 2019 06:50:27 pm
      2nd best player this season after Van Dijk. hands down.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1049: May 14, 2019 08:28:58 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1050: May 14, 2019 09:29:17 am
      he seems such a lightweight fella but I keep seeing big CB's bounce off him he is a tough son of gun. He also leaps like a Salmon and has scored some fantastic goals. A few of us predicted a big season for Sadio he hasn't disappointed has he and now for Madrid
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1051: May 14, 2019 02:45:59 pm

Mo had more attention from defenders this season, freeing up space for likes of Mane & Bobby.

All deserve credit for a brilliant season.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1052: May 14, 2019 06:40:14 pm
      Hes getting better and better. Physically the best I've seen him this year. Core strength is underrated and his leap has become a great weapon against packed defences. I think next season if he's injury free, he betters the 22 of this year.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1053: May 16, 2019 03:58:00 pm
      You on a anti-Salah campaign mate?
      Not at all.
      I do think LFC's offense is better served when Mo isn't the primary focal point. His errant passing was an issue throughout the season.
      The quality of his shots this year definitely suffered.
      Stats:
      Salah 19 goals on 137 shots......13.8% success rate (excluding 3 penalty shot goals)
      Mane 22 goals on 87 shots........25% success rate
      Sterling................ ..................22%

And while his Shots on Goal total was #1 in the PL by a significant margin (64 total, 33% more than Mane and MNC's scorers), I can count on one hand the number of clean strikes he sent on net. I would need extra hands and feet to count how many forced/no chance shots he took.

If there is stat info out there that assesses passing turnovers, I'd love to take a look. I saw a guy who was a turnover machine during much of the season and his inability to retain the ball was mocked by announcers (US) on a number of occasions.

My point: The man has strengths and limitations and I believe his role should be modified for a more efficient LFC offense.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1054: May 16, 2019 04:35:44 pm
      Not at all.
      I do think LFC's offense is better served when Mo isn't the primary focal point. His errant passing was an issue throughout the season.
      Stats:
      Salah 19 goals on 137 shots......13.8% success rate (excluding 3 penalty shot goals)

And while his Shots on Goal total was #1 in the PL by a significant margin (64 total, 33% more than Mane and MNC's scorers), I can count on one hand the number of clean strikes he sent on net. I would need extra hands and feet to count how many forced/no chance shots he took.

If there is stat info out there that assesses passing turnovers, I'd love to take a look. I saw a guy who was a turnover machine during much of the season and his inability to retain the ball was mocked by announcers (US) on a number of occasions.

My point: The man has strengths and limitations and I believe his role should be modified for a more efficient LFC offense.

Think you should stick to American football your terminology is all to Fck all that counts for our forwards is one stat how many fckin times it went in the onion bag everything else is mute stats can be used to suit anything , bottom line is our forwards shared the golden boot that’s what counts nothing else .
      Kopite78
      Reply #1055: May 16, 2019 08:22:58 pm
      Think you should stick to American football your terminology is all to Fck all that counts for our forwards is one stat how many fckin times it went in the onion bag everything else is mute stats can be used to suit anything , bottom line is our forwards shared the golden boot that’s what counts nothing else .

Mental isn't it.. stats all over the place but zero football understanding
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1056: May 16, 2019 10:20:08 pm
      Not at all.
      Stats:

WTF is this sh*t. to quote someone who actually understood the game pass the ball to a player in Red and if in doubt put it in the net
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1057: May 16, 2019 11:49:22 pm
      Mental isn't it.. stats all over the place but zero football understanding

Actually, Borg makes a strong case.

Mane has arguably had a better season, and I am glad he got to share the award with Salah. It is pretty evident from watching the games (stats aside) that Salah developed a tendency to fight through his difficult period by constantly shooting, even when his team mates were better placed to score. Sometimes that is a natural selfishness that all players have, but Salah admitted that he doesn't think to pass, and always thinks to shoot. That is his primary focus, and he became quite wasteful because of it.

That said, when he scores a blinder like that vs Chelsea, you have to sit back and not complain too much when he wastes the other chances  ;D

Quick Reply