Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259177 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Oct 03, 2019 07:48:49 pm
      For me the second best goal of the night behind robbo's

Agree it was a very good one. I hope you'll vote for this one anyway.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1128: Oct 03, 2019 09:10:10 pm
      Agree it was a very good one. I hope you'll vote for this one anyway.

Done
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1129: Oct 06, 2019 05:46:20 am
      Really apprecitated the way Sadio played selflessy recently. His defensive contributions are really great, and we need no talk about his attacking game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1130: Oct 06, 2019 04:38:59 pm

Wasn't even best goal of the game, the goal that Hwang scored was the best goal of the night for me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1131: Oct 06, 2019 06:29:33 pm
      Wasn't even best goal of the game, the goal that Hwang scored was the best goal of the night for me.

Great technique on that one, agreed
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1132: Oct 06, 2019 09:29:02 pm
      On F***ing fire is our Sadio but what a ball from James...what a F***ing ball.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1133: Oct 11, 2019 07:32:27 am
      If Liverpool win a trophy I think Mane is in with a shout of winning the Ballon d’Or

He’s taken his game to another level since Christmas

https://twitter.com/samueilfc/status/1182287350757502976?s=21
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1134: Oct 12, 2019 06:39:09 am
      If Liverpool win a trophy I think Mane is in with a shout of winning the Ballon d’Or

He’s taken his game to another level since Christmas

https://twitter.com/samueilfc/status/1182287350757502976?s=21

A trophy, the LEAGUE :D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1135: Oct 21, 2019 04:13:59 pm

Best mentality if we want to win the league. Drag them back Mane!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1136: Oct 31, 2019 12:30:36 am
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1137: Nov 02, 2019 07:18:04 pm
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #1138: Nov 02, 2019 09:49:36 pm
      Great team player, who has his feet well and truly on the ground. Seemingly setting an example to many of his fellow professionals.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1139: Nov 03, 2019 07:59:55 am
      What I liked is that he was playing not so well but kept going until then to help the team massively.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1140: Nov 03, 2019 12:55:11 pm
      He had a decent all round game, but no space up front.

Watching back when he set up the goal, watch Robertson pointing where he wants it and Mane puts it on a plate for him.
      Great pass.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1141: Nov 03, 2019 02:08:48 pm
      Got to love the fellas will to win and did I see a mischievious Sadio taking the piss out of the villa fans with his celebration?
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1142: Nov 03, 2019 04:40:01 pm
      I'm actually starting to prefer him to Mo.
      Agreed....and it's not even close.

The PL has figured out Salah
      I watch games and see more of what he does poorly than what he does well. He's a turnover machine, a one trick pony (left boot dependent), and more reliant on loose ball goals and PKs to elevate his goal totals. His amazing quick turn to his left goal vs powerhouse Genk was incredible....... and a rarity the past 1.25 seasons. I see defenders close down on him with little fear because they know his only move is left.
      I read board talk that describes Salah as world class yet I see a player who turns the ball over at an alarming rate and can't get shots on net with any consistency....hardly traits of World Class. His 2017-18 season was phenomenal, but the PL has adjusted to his limited goal scoring repertoire.
      Who doesn't love his goal totals, trending negative as they are  but lets also put his goal scoring into context. He's scored in only 3 of LFC's 11 PL games this season and his tally of 5 PL goals includes 2 PKs.

On the other hand, I see defenders step back from Mane because they fear his speed and ball control. I see a player win headers delivered to him from anywhere on the pitch. (Has Salah ever won a header from a ball delivered out of the defensive end? Answer....never).
      Mane is delivering goals at the most important times in games....with no PK boost to elevate his numbers despite being the guy who often creates the PK.
      He can create his shot with significantly more ease than Salah, run around defenders who can't match his speed, elevate for headers and find the back of the net, etc etc etc.
      Is Mane perfect? Far from it. Tends to hold on to the ball too long IMO and has an occasional game where is head is off in another direction.

The term World Class is subjective but I certainly have Mane far closer to this ideal than Mo.
      Athletically, there is no comparison.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning!!!! Hypothetical in progress.
      Easily triggered......you might want to switch over to www.steviegerrardsbestin directfreekicks.com

Strictly from a value perspective.....and I'm using transfer fee estimates from transfermkt.us ...
      Salah....$171 mm
      Mane....$136 mm

Let's play a hypothetical assuming above fees are semi-realistic and a market exists for both.

LFC management decrees: "Sell either Salah or Mane....we want to deploy funds in a new direction"

Who does Klopp and his analytics team retain?

I argue LFC management would keep Mane 10 out of 10 times even if the values were identical.

Currently Mo is on a pace 10.35 non-PK goals and 6.9 PK goals = 17.25 goals in the PL this season.
      Realistically, I don't think any team in Europe would pay $171mm for Mo these days.
      Mane would be a steal at $136mm or $171mmm...IMO

To those posters who didn't look away and are no doubt butt hurt by such a hypothetical, buy a pillow to sit on.
      mypillow.com is offering a 2 for 1 deal for the easily triggered, large cheeked supporters.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1143: Nov 03, 2019 04:44:38 pm

I watch games and see more of what he does poorly than what he does well. He's a turnover machine, a one trick pony (left boot dependent), and more reliant on loose ball goals and PKs to elevate his goal totals. His amazing quick turn to his left goal vs powerhouse Genk was incredible....... and a rarity the past 1.25 seasons. I see defenders close down on him with little fear because they know his only move is left.
      I read board talk that describes Salah as world class yet I see a player who turns the ball over at an alarming rate and can't get shots on net with any consistency....hardly traits of World Class. His 2017-18 season was phenomenal, but the PL has adjusted to his limited goal scoring repertoire.
      Who doesn't love his goal totals, trending negative as they are  but lets also put his goal scoring into context. He's scored in only 3 of LFC's 11 PL games this season and his tally of 5 PL goals includes 2 PKs.

On the other hand, I see defenders step back from Mane because they fear his speed and ball control. I see a player win headers delivered to him from anywhere on the pitch. (Has Salah ever won a header from a ball delivered out of the defensive end? Answer....never).
      Mane is delivering goals at the most important times in games....with no PK boost to elevate his numbers despite being the guy who often creates the PK.
      He can create his shot with significantly more ease than Salah, run around defenders who can't match his speed, elevate for headers and find the back of the net, etc etc etc.
      Is Mane perfect? Far from it. Tends to hold on to the ball too long IMO and has an occasional game where is head is off in another direction.

The term World Class is subjective but I certainly have Mane far closer to this ideal than Mo.

Easily triggered......you might want to switch over to www.steviegerrardsbestin directfreekicks.com

Strictly from a value perspective.....and I'm using transfer fee estimates from transfermkt.us ...
      Salah....$171 mm
      Mane....$136 mm

Let's play a hypothetical assuming above fees are semi-realistic and a market exists for both.

LFC management decrees: "Sell either Salah or Mane....we want to deploy funds in a new direction"

I argue LFC management would keep Mane 10 out of 10 times even if the values were identical.

Currently Mo is on a pace 10.35 non-PK goals and 6.9 PK goals = 17.25 goals in the PL this season.
      Realistically, I don't think any team in Europe would pay $171mm for Mo these days.

To those posters who didn't look away and are no doubt butt hurt by such a hypothetical, buy a pillow to sit on.
      mypillow.com is offering a 2 for 1 deal for the easily triggered, large cheeked supporters.

What is this sh*t?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1144: Nov 03, 2019 05:14:06 pm

Salah....$171 mm
      Mane....$136 mm

Well that’s a fckin waste of 20 sec of my life, what a crock of sh*t .
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1145: Nov 03, 2019 05:18:33 pm

Body on the line!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1146: Nov 03, 2019 06:01:47 pm

obsession with money,uses triggered,butt hurt and the mypillow guy(weirdo christian trump dude)if ya don't know.Sounds like this guy is singing from the same hymn book.Amen.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #1147: Nov 03, 2019 06:37:36 pm
      Sadio Mane shows a lot of skill and determination, especially in front of goal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1148: Nov 03, 2019 06:48:37 pm

Salah....$171 mm
      Mane....$136 mm

What the F**k have I just read
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1149: Nov 03, 2019 08:23:25 pm

Salah....$171 mm
      Mane....$136 mm

Do you always post baked?

Quick Reply