Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 17th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 261772 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Nov 03, 2019 09:19:14 pm

could a pen been given here for the high foot?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1151: Nov 04, 2019 10:14:55 am
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1152: Nov 04, 2019 10:30:09 am
      Agreed....and it's not even close.

The PL has figured out Salah
      I watch games and see more of what he does poorly than what he does well. He's a turnover machine, a one trick pony (left boot dependent), and more reliant on loose ball goals and PKs to elevate his goal totals. His amazing quick turn to his left goal vs powerhouse Genk was incredible....... and a rarity the past 1.25 seasons. I see defenders close down on him with little fear because they know his only move is left.
      I read board talk that describes Salah as world class yet I see a player who turns the ball over at an alarming rate and can't get shots on net with any consistency....hardly traits of World Class. His 2017-18 season was phenomenal, but the PL has adjusted to his limited goal scoring repertoire.
      Who doesn't love his goal totals, trending negative as they are  but lets also put his goal scoring into context. He's scored in only 3 of LFC's 11 PL games this season and his tally of 5 PL goals includes 2 PKs.

On the other hand, I see defenders step back from Mane because they fear his speed and ball control. I see a player win headers delivered to him from anywhere on the pitch. (Has Salah ever won a header from a ball delivered out of the defensive end? Answer....never).
      Mane is delivering goals at the most important times in games....with no PK boost to elevate his numbers despite being the guy who often creates the PK.
      He can create his shot with significantly more ease than Salah, run around defenders who can't match his speed, elevate for headers and find the back of the net, etc etc etc.
      Is Mane perfect? Far from it. Tends to hold on to the ball too long IMO and has an occasional game where is head is off in another direction.

The term World Class is subjective but I certainly have Mane far closer to this ideal than Mo.
      Athletically, there is no comparison.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning!!!! Hypothetical in progress.
      Easily triggered......you might want to switch over to www.steviegerrardsbestin directfreekicks.com

Strictly from a value perspective.....and I'm using transfer fee estimates from transfermkt.us ...
      Salah....$171 mm
      Mane....$136 mm

Let's play a hypothetical assuming above fees are semi-realistic and a market exists for both.

LFC management decrees: "Sell either Salah or Mane....we want to deploy funds in a new direction"

Who does Klopp and his analytics team retain?

I argue LFC management would keep Mane 10 out of 10 times even if the values were identical.

Currently Mo is on a pace 10.35 non-PK goals and 6.9 PK goals = 17.25 goals in the PL this season.
      Realistically, I don't think any team in Europe would pay $171mm for Mo these days.
      Mane would be a steal at $136mm or $171mmm...IMO

To those posters who didn't look away and are no doubt butt hurt by such a hypothetical, buy a pillow to sit on.
      mypillow.com is offering a 2 for 1 deal for the easily triggered, large cheeked supporters.

It's a wonder such phrases as 'turnover machine', 'loose ball goals', 'shots on net', 'elevate for headers' and 'trending negative goal totals', haven't been adopted into the wider footballing lexicon. As for your statistical insights, I also very much look forward to seeing the rest of Salah's 17.25 goals, hopefully that .25 will be extra special.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1153: Nov 04, 2019 04:12:44 pm
      It's a wonder such phrases as 'turnover machine', 'loose ball goals', 'shots on net', 'elevate for headers' and 'trending negative goal totals', haven't been adopted into the wider footballing lexicon. As for your statistical insights, I also very much look forward to seeing the rest of Salah's 17.25 goals, hopefully that .25 will be extra special.

I think I scored .25 goal once. Nobody would give me credit for it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1154: Nov 04, 2019 04:26:14 pm

Its something invading your safe space I think ;-)

Serious question though, if you had to sell one of Mane or Salah who would you sell?

For me I'd sell Salah. He has become ridiculously predictable in his play and his passing and shooting are actually very average this season.

If we had a good 4th forward I would screaming at Klopp to start him instead of Salah, as it is I actually think there is a solid argument for Origi starting ahead of Salah.

Salah is a wonderful player but ever since the tackle by Ramos he just hasn't been the same player, not sure whether its a mental thing or if defenders have just worked him out but in either case he needs to improve to get back to his best.
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2019 04:31:16 pm by heimdall »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1155: Nov 04, 2019 06:04:47 pm
      My complaint with Salah is when we break and he's running with it he's choosing the wrong ball/option more often than the right one.

The United game showed us all though that we miss Mo when he isnt playing.

Surely there is no reason, unless he wants to leave that we should even consider selling.

Excellent player, stretches teams and creates space for not only Firmino and Mane but his full back too.

Sadio is in incredible form and a fabulous footballer but that doesnt mean we have to turn on Salah, whose turn in the spotlight will come again.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1156: Nov 04, 2019 06:56:44 pm
      My complaint with Salah is when we break and he's running with it he's choosing the wrong ball/option more often than the right one.

The United game showed us all though that we miss Mo when he isnt playing.

Surely there is no reason, unless he wants to leave that we should even consider selling.

Excellent player, stretches teams and creates space for not only Firmino and Mane but his full back too.

Sadio is in incredible form and a fabulous footballer but that doesnt mean we have to turn on Salah, whose turn in the spotlight will come again.

Do not compare Mane and Salah. Mane is playing well and Salah is on injury which is holding him from training and playing on med.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1157: Nov 04, 2019 10:10:51 pm
      He's gonna drag us over the line, I tell ya.

He wants it as much as we crave it.

F***ing love him. Thought he really wasn't at the races in the first half, giving away 2 FK's, one resulting in their goal, and then sloppy passing .....was thinking to myself get him off and then what does he go and do, scores the winner and also the assist for the leveller.

What the F**k do I know, thanks for not listening to me Boss!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1158: Nov 10, 2019 08:46:23 pm
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Reply #1159: Nov 10, 2019 09:24:45 pm
      This man!!!! This Rolls-Royce of a winger!!! He is a smiling assassin! Always looking for more, always looking to kill games off, always helping his full-back with some genius defending and pressing only to somehow appear in the box a couple of seconds later as if we signed The Flash himself

Sadio you absolute beast!!!!!!! I love you!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #1160: Nov 12, 2019 12:52:53 pm
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #1161: Nov 12, 2019 02:43:31 pm
      a lot of guys first touches are letting them and us down
      Oh Luis ...where foreart thou.....?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1162: Nov 12, 2019 06:12:30 pm

You lost me here mate. ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1163: Nov 12, 2019 07:15:00 pm

If this ain't irony... Holy dumbfuck.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1164: Nov 12, 2019 08:37:03 pm
      Our player of the season so far
      Bit worried he’s got 2 games in Africa coming up hope he comes through ok. Would give him palace off so long as Mo makes it, make sure he’s ready for Napoli
      rossyred

• 9,227 posts | 1650 
      Reply #1165: Nov 17, 2019 03:04:22 pm
      Been subbed at HT after booking with his team drawing seems an odd one prey to God not an injury
      rossyred

• 9,227 posts | 1650 
      Reply #1166: Nov 17, 2019 04:18:27 pm
      Been subbed at HT after booking with his team drawing seems an odd one prey to God not an injury

Risk of suspension and another booking apparently thankfully
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #1167: Nov 18, 2019 09:39:03 pm
      Watching the city game again - Mane’s defending was absolutely superb, this guys works so hard!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1168: Nov 19, 2019 02:25:49 pm
      Risk of suspension and another booking apparently thankfully

A.cynic might think he almost got booked on purpose for the sake of his club.  Or he could pick up a virus, or a mysterious knee knock, or withdraw for personal reasons ...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #1169: Nov 25, 2019 07:26:07 am
      Best player in the world right now. Fact.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,140 posts | 4894 
      Reply #1170: Dec 04, 2019 09:16:32 pm
      If he plays the second half of this season as he's done the first never mind Footballer of the Year he should be next year's Ballon D'Or winner.

Sublime footballer.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1171: Dec 05, 2019 04:59:37 pm
      If he plays the second half of this season as he's done the first never mind Footballer of the Year he should be next year's Ballon D'Or winner.

Sublime footballer.

Been saying he's our best for a while now. I go back to the Barca home leg where they had the camera spotlight on him. His quickness is top level but his football brain is like some supercomputer. Wonderfully lethal player. If you're lucky enough to get in the stand, it might be tempting to just watch him the entire time.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,534 posts | 3904 
      Reply #1172: Dec 10, 2019 10:49:16 am
      Best player in the world

Quick Reply