Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259314 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1242: Feb 28, 2020 08:58:53 am
      Nice little interview from the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51664722
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1243: Feb 28, 2020 08:10:52 pm

"Since becoming a professional, Mane has provided money to hospitals in his native Senegal, but he does not wish to take any credit for his charity.

"I don't want to speak about this kind of thing, I think those people need it so I do what I can," he said."

I work in the charity field and if people took this attitude about giving/helping it would be transformative to society. So much of what goes on in tha arena today is in reality about I, Me and Mine.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1244: Apr 03, 2020 12:42:41 pm
      Sadio Mane, his hometown village, and becoming a national hero in the fight against Covid-19
      https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/premier-league/sadio-mane-his-hometown-village-and-becoming-a-national-hero-in-the-fight-against-covid-19/ar-BB125DnV?li=BBr5HCU

Sadio Mane's introduction to the brightest of Premier League spotlights was more than a little unconventional.

In the summer of 2015, Manchester United believed they were closing in on a deal to sign Barcelona star Pedro, only for the Spaniard to side-step a move to Old Trafford and sign for Chelsea instead.

Amid this somewhat embarrassing turn of events for United transfer guru Ed Woodward, Old Trafford insiders turned to one of their tried and trusted PR moves as they leaked a story suggesting Pedro was never their first-choice transfer target and instead, they were chasing the relatively unheralded Southampton winger Mane.

While scoring ten goals in his debut season in the Premier League was a decent return after his £11.8m move from Red Bull Salzburg, Mane hardly appeared to be the headline act ready to follow in the footsteps of United’s legendary list of wide men that includes George Best, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The United links ultimately came to nothing, but they served to raise Mane's profile to a point that ensured his move to a top Premier League club was no longer a source of ridicule.

Yet for the kid who hailed from the remote Senegal village of Bambali, links with one of the biggest clubs in the world - and the riches they offer - were hard to come to terms with.

"Sadio was a quiet lad and suddenly he was being linked with Manchester United and it affected him," reflects his former Southampton club captain Kelvin Davis.

"We had an incident when Sadio missed a team meeting and was dropped by our manager (Ronald Koeman), but it did not surprise the rest of us in the squad. Sadio was never great at timekeeping and was maybe a little too laid back for his own good at times.

"He was quite shy during his time at Southampton. Maybe that is because of his background and how far he has come in life and he deserves so much credit for that. He has gone on to Liverpool and has clearly moved his game to the next level and everyone at Southampton wishes him well."

The rise and rise of Mane is one of the more unlikely rags to riches stories, given the hurdles he has been forced to overcome to become a player being mentioned as a strong contender to win this season’s PFA Player of the Year award.

To start with, he had to defy his own parents, who were desperate for young Sadio to abandon football dreams that they believed to be fanciful.

Yet after earning a chance to train at the Generation Foot academy in the Senegalese capital of Dakar, doors began to open for Mane and he was given a path into European football at French club Metz.

"My parents didn't have a specific job in mind for me, but they thought playing football would be a waste of time and they never thought I would be a professional footballer," recalled Mane.

"Then I get this chance at Metz and my mother does not believe it is happening. She called me and I said I was in France and she did not believe. She called every day until she finally believed I was in Europe.

"Honestly, before I took the flight I was not sure if it was true because for me, it was my dream. My dream had come true."

The fantasy quickly threatened to turn into a nightmare for Mane as injuries and acute homesickness chipped away at his burning desire to make it in the game, with the contrast between his daily routine in France and what he was used to in Senegal tough to come to terms with.

Mane's sparkling performances for Senegal at the 2012 London Olympics propelled his move to Red Bull Salzburg in Austria and that was when his dream of making it in English football started to crystallise.

Southampton was his platform to prove himself, yet Liverpool was a dream club he always wanted to join from the moment he witnessed their iconic 2005 Champions League final win against AC Milan in Istanbul.

"Three-nil down at half-time, then 3-3 and penalties, it was amazing," declares Mane. "I was a Barcelona fan then, but how can you not love this beautiful comeback from Liverpool?

"This was a big memory for me. I was watching in my village, Bambali. I remember being with my friend, a big friend of mine, and at 3-0 down he was completely out of it.

"He stopped watching and ran like crazy to get away.

"Then he came back at the end and he could not believe it. Even to this day, he cannot believe it. He came back after the game when Liverpool had won."

Mane sent 300 Liverpool shirts back to Bambali as the village ground to a halt to watch their famous son turn in a fine performance in their 2018 Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid.

And his status as a national hero in Senegal was highlighted by his move to donate around €50,000 to a health body fighting the outbreak of Covid-19 in his homeland.

"The best thing you can do is remember your home town," he adds.

"They need help and if I can, I do. That is important to me. I will always think about them. I feel strongly about this.

"I think all of Senegal supports Liverpool now. Before it was Manchester United, Barcelona and Madrid. Now they like Liverpool more. The people in Senegal like me so I am happy."

Mane's fairytale is an inspiration to all African kids daring to dream that they can follow in his footsteps. They could not wish to have a better role model.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1245: Apr 07, 2020 04:28:55 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkdnsh0V1Zs

Liverpool fans will soon be able to watch a documentary about Sadio Mane, with all proceeds from the pay-per-view show being donated to charity.

Leading global sports marketing agency Lagardère Sports, alongside Germany-based global sports agency arena11, are behind the documentary, entitled 'Made in Senegal', which will be available to watch from Wednesday, April 8.

The 72-minute film documents Mane's journey from a small village in south Senegal to becoming one of football’s most exceptional players.

Featuring the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Mohamed Salah and Jürgen Klopp, the documentary is described as being 'a story about an African footballer’s dream, determination, faith, rebellion, courage and love'.

Mane said: “I wanted to show to the people that you can achieve anything in the world, if you are ready to build on your dreams and put in hard work.

"We will support people in difficult environments with 100 per cent of the revenues out of our pay-per-view option.

"That’s something I am proud of. I am Made in Senegal.”

Directed and produced by Vertical Social Club, the film uses a mixture of documentary scenes, interviews, clips from Mane’s day-to-day routine, and archive footage of Liverpool FC’s 2019 UEFA Champions League season and the 2019 African Cup of Nations to tell his story.

Across Europe, Made in Senegal will be exclusively released for free on Rakuten TV – one of the leading VOD platforms of the continent.

French television channel Canal + have acquired the exclusive rights in French-speaking African nations, including Senegal.

It will also be made available on a pay-per-view (PPV) basis in all areas without an exclusive broadcast partner.

To purchase the documentary, visit www.made-in-senegal.com
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1246: Apr 08, 2020 09:40:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkdnsh0V1Zs

Liverpool fans will soon be able to watch a documentary about Sadio Mane, with all proceeds from the pay-per-view show being donated to charity.

Leading global sports marketing agency Lagardère Sports, alongside Germany-based global sports agency arena11, are behind the documentary, entitled 'Made in Senegal', which will be available to watch from Wednesday, April 8.

The 72-minute film documents Mane's journey from a small village in south Senegal to becoming one of football’s most exceptional players.

Featuring the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Mohamed Salah and Jürgen Klopp, the documentary is described as being 'a story about an African footballer’s dream, determination, faith, rebellion, courage and love'.

Mane said: “I wanted to show to the people that you can achieve anything in the world, if you are ready to build on your dreams and put in hard work.

"We will support people in difficult environments with 100 per cent of the revenues out of our pay-per-view option.

"That’s something I am proud of. I am Made in Senegal.”

Directed and produced by Vertical Social Club, the film uses a mixture of documentary scenes, interviews, clips from Mane’s day-to-day routine, and archive footage of Liverpool FC’s 2019 UEFA Champions League season and the 2019 African Cup of Nations to tell his story.

Across Europe, Made in Senegal will be exclusively released for free on Rakuten TV – one of the leading VOD platforms of the continent.

French television channel Canal + have acquired the exclusive rights in French-speaking African nations, including Senegal.

It will also be made available on a pay-per-view (PPV) basis in all areas without an exclusive broadcast partner.

To purchase the documentary, visit www.made-in-senegal.com

Watching this now..
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1247: Apr 11, 2020 03:27:01 pm
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #1248: Apr 11, 2020 04:29:46 pm

How can someone like myself in the US (New York) watch?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1249: Apr 11, 2020 06:50:00 pm

i just watched it on you tube.It was o.k.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1250: Apr 12, 2020 01:46:48 pm

i just watched it on you tube.It was o.k.

I honestly thought it was way better then just ok ,mate. Truly inspirational to see where he has come from to where he is now. His village where everyone follows him like mad, the amount of pressure he must play under especially when playing for Senegal is immense. Unbelievable story, just wish the Producers had done it in a better chronological order instead of going back and forth but other then that, a great watch!

Mate I just typed Sadie Mane full documentary into YouTube and it was the first one that came up!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1251: Apr 12, 2020 04:50:13 pm
      I mean it wasn't anything particularly new as an lfc supporter,did like the stuff about his early life.The guy doing on the"i know more about football than you" line in Dakar was funny should post on here!!
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #1252: Apr 16, 2020 08:47:24 pm
      Cheers AussieRed & Boston not la! Found it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1253: Apr 17, 2020 11:20:28 am
      Mate I just typed Sadie Mane full documentary into YouTube and it was the first one that came up!

There's my afternoon's viewing sorted seeing as I've got an early dart from work.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1254: May 22, 2020 07:09:10 am
      I just love this!!  :lmao: :lmao:

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1255: Jun 25, 2020 04:28:27 pm
      I literally love Sadio so much, it all started when this man came in and blew us away at The Emirates.

Mane the king
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1256: Jul 08, 2020 10:38:33 am
      Never lost a premier league game at Anfield. Not once in 63 games. Outstanding stat. What a player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1257: Jul 08, 2020 10:50:14 am
      Sadio Mane is just a top top top bloke, I am so impressed with anyone giving back to the community they came from, not just in terms of money but also time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1258: Jul 08, 2020 11:17:48 am
      Cheers AussieRed & Boston not la! Found it.

do you have a link, I can only find the trailers?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1259: Jul 09, 2020 02:27:41 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1260: Jul 09, 2020 08:17:30 am

A 2 minute documentary, surely he's done more than that in his life ;-)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1261: Jul 10, 2020 09:36:11 pm
      https://twitter.com/thekopiteoff/status/1281678144072810497?s=21

He’s been nothing but superb every season for us. He’s a special player and one of the all time greats for liverpool.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1262: Jul 11, 2020 11:30:44 am
      A 2 minute documentary, surely he's done more than that in his life ;-)

It goes for about an hour and a bit.....that’s the link I posted.

Edit. just had a Look at link...when I posted it, it was an hour long doco. Don’t know what’s happened there mate, sorry! Will find u the proper link soonish.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1263: Jul 11, 2020 11:35:04 am
      It goes for about an hour and a bit.....that’s the link I posted.

Edit. just had a Look at link...when I posted it, it was an hour long doco. Don’t know what’s happened there mate, sorry! Will find u the proper link soonish.

Thanks
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1264: Jul 11, 2020 11:45:43 am
      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwij0dPzgcXqAhXXeisKHTUZC-cQFjAPegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Feplfootballmatch.com%2Fsadio-mane-made-in-senegal-exclusive-full-documentary%2F&usg=AOvVaw3h3s3N2x2YkGjXqFglq9gC

Mate when u hit the link...it says source 2. Hit that one and up it pops

[url https://eplfootballmatch.com/sadio-mane-made-in-senegal-exclusive-full-documentary/2/[/url

Quick Reply