Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259255 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1380: Feb 15, 2021 03:30:51 pm
      Pretty sure he is still feeling the effects of Covid.

The aggression is just not there.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1381: Feb 15, 2021 07:53:52 pm
      Love Mane but seems to want to take on one to many lately
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1382: Mar 04, 2021 11:38:25 pm
      Piss F***ing poor for months now, keeps running into dead ends!

Two games running, he has had a chance to go down in the box (yes, I know that’s
       honest of him but everyone does it, especially against us), he keeps his feet and nothing eventuates.

Then twice today he dropped to the ground like a bag of sh*t, when he was hardly touched and just lay there, whinging and complaining! Once in their half and once just outside our box! No free kicks on either of them because they were F***ing soft!

Done my f**king head in, that!  He should have been subbed at HT with Bobby!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1383: Mar 05, 2021 05:15:54 am
      Love Mane but seems to want to take on one to many lately

For sure. Holds on to the ball far too long. Always puts the ball too far in front of himself and ends up loosing it. Looks like sh*t right now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1384: Mar 07, 2021 02:39:12 am
      Picked up a rather bizarre habit this season of diving about in midfield at the slightest contact - causing us problems by turning over the ball for counter attacks to the opposition and then on the other hand staying on his feet inside the penalty area.

Use your brain Sadio.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1385: Mar 07, 2021 01:47:27 pm
      Let's hope him being dropped gives him the kick up the arse he needs
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1386: Mar 07, 2021 10:52:51 pm
      He looks lost. He runs at defenders, keeps running straight into them and losing the ball.

I can't believe the dip in form Sadio is in at the moment. I never expected it from him, of all players!

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1387: Mar 07, 2021 11:28:42 pm
      He looks lost. He runs at defenders, keeps running straight into them and losing the ball.

I can't believe the dip in form Sadio is in at the moment. I never expected it from him, of all players!

Perhaps having covid has taken it's toll, seems muddled and slow in everything he does.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1388: Mar 08, 2021 02:12:56 am
      Perhaps having covid has taken it's toll, seems muddled and slow in everything he does.
      Who knows, certainly could be. It could also be that he's just getting older and is a little run down with all the high intensity football he's played these past 4 years. It could just be a confidence thing. What I do know for sure is his damn game is weaker than pond water atm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1389: Mar 15, 2021 10:20:47 pm
      Mane’s form begs the question how sh*te is our youth set up, since Trent has there been any signs of a player breaking through from the youth ranks?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1390: Mar 15, 2021 10:25:53 pm
      Mane’s form begs the question how sh*te is our youth set up, since Trent has there been any signs of a player breaking through from the youth ranks?

Curtis Jones , Neco Williams , Rhys Williams and a number on the cusp are out on loan
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1391: Mar 15, 2021 10:27:17 pm
      Curtis Jones , Neco Williams , Rhys Williams and a number on the cusp are out on loan

So one.............meh like I said
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1392: Mar 15, 2021 10:30:38 pm

Thought he was good in open play at times, like the lead up to the goal, but his finishing has gone to pieces, bit like Bob's
      In saying that, if he'd gone down under contact, he might have had 3 penos in recent matches. Tonite thought keeper made some contact when he pushed it passed him.  Though guess can't really be telling him to go down more easily :)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1393: Mar 15, 2021 10:32:33 pm
      So one.............meh like I said

That’s three players within the first team squad from the youth set as well as TAA - one of the others close has just done his cruciate and the other coming back from a serious knee injury

:roll:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1394: Mar 15, 2021 10:34:39 pm

Are you talking overall or production of strikers?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1395: Mar 15, 2021 10:34:48 pm
      That’s three players within the first team squad from the youth set as well as TAA - one of the others close has just done his cruciate and the other coming back from a serious knee injury

:roll:

Mate you and I both know Neco will end up somewhere like Bristol City and Williams will do well to even get to that level.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1396: Mar 15, 2021 10:35:23 pm
      Are you talking overall or production of strikers?

Yeah recently I’m talking about overall.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1397: Mar 15, 2021 10:42:19 pm
      Prob not the right place to talk about it but its so hard particularly at a giant club to get morevthen 1 or 2 through.

Chelsea got a few thtough because they were banned from transfers. But in general most clubs get through 1 or 2 every few years.

Smaller clubs like Villa and everton have more leeway to bring lads through but they often dont add anything longterm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1398: Mar 15, 2021 10:44:31 pm

Funny thing is, if we got a striker coming through the academy, you would still be one of the very first to go on the owners thread and complain that we are not supporting Jürgen by paying for a top striker. Such is the hypocrisy from people like you.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1399: Mar 15, 2021 10:46:23 pm
      Funny thing is, if we got a striker coming through the academy, you would still be one of the very first to go on the owners thread and complain that we are not supporting Jürgen by paying for a top striker. Such is the hypocrisy from people like you.

Would be nice wouldnt it a Fowler or owen coming through
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1400: Mar 15, 2021 10:47:43 pm
      Prob not the right place to talk about it but its so hard particularly at a giant club to get morevthen 1 or 2 through.

Chelsea got a few thtough because they were banned from transfers. But in general most clubs get through 1 or 2 every few years.

Smaller clubs like Villa and everton have more leeway to bring lads through but they often dont add anything longterm

The bigger the club you are the more difficult it will be for academy players to break through because the level required will be higher. That we have Trent, Gomez and Jones currently on the squad as 1st-team from the academy i think is great, but a big purpose of the academy for us is to provide sellable assets that we can then use to buy more established players.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1401: Mar 15, 2021 10:49:11 pm

You’re pretty thick aren’t you?

If we have top talent coming through why would I blame the owners, boy you yanks have certainly have a inferiority complex, if and when I blame the owners I’m not attacking every American!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1402: Mar 15, 2021 10:49:34 pm
      Would be nice wouldnt it a Fowler or owen coming through

The two real shining lights have suffered injuries

Glatzel who was scoring for fun when they won the FA Youth cup then got his knee injury

And now Layton Stewart has just got a serious one as well

Quick Reply