Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259176 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1403: Mar 16, 2021 02:55:33 am
      He can't get out his own way now. His touch with the ball has completely went to sh*t and his finishing is awful. To me he looks a little slower and he plays like he's aware of it, and then tries to do something special to over compensate for it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1404: Mar 16, 2021 08:43:17 am
      Are you talking overall or production of strikers?

I'd say he means strikers and possible has a point.

We've been playing this style of front three pretty much since Jürgen took over, arguably longer if you look at Brendan's time, and we haven't seem to produce one single player to fit that style from the youth set up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1405: Mar 16, 2021 10:05:48 am
      I'd say he means strikers and possible has a point.

We've been playing this style of front three pretty much since Jürgen took over, arguably longer if you look at Brendan's time, and we haven't seem to produce one single player to fit that style from the youth set up.

Might be a good topic to discuss in the academy thread 👍
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1406: Mar 16, 2021 10:14:09 am
      His form is awful but he's still the heartbeat of the attack. Feel like if we're going to anything going forward it will still involve him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1407: Mar 16, 2021 10:18:03 am
      His form is awful but he's still the heartbeat of the attack. Feel like if we're going to anything going forward it will still involve him.

I felt ladt night his general play was ok, willing to get on the ball and run at them, but he looks like hes forgotten how to score.

His passing, or timing of when to pass is poor at the minute to
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1408: Mar 16, 2021 11:15:51 am
      A bigger concern for me than Bobby. Such an instictive player (Bayern) that he's off it he actually breaks up play. Happened a lot last night and has been all season. Stats are pretty similar to Bobby's this season too.

Did well for the goal and world class and borderline unplayable on his day. He'll be back.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1409: Mar 16, 2021 12:25:25 pm
      There is no lack of effort from Sadio and I see signs that he's getting his mojo back, but there is definitely friction between him and Mo and Jürgen needs to sort that sh*t out, for example why is it always Mo taking penalties, is Sadio sh*t at taking them perhaps?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1410: Mar 16, 2021 04:16:30 pm
      Can't complain about his effort just seems to run down the wrong avenue lately, he even looks lost at times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1411: Apr 06, 2021 09:59:01 pm
      Long Covid or not he has aged right in front of us this season, can’t beat a man any more, awful decision making and can’t make a 5 yard pass.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1412: Apr 06, 2021 10:02:15 pm
      Long Covid or not he has aged right in front of us this season, can’t beat a man any more, awful decision making and can’t make a 5 yard pass.

Very sad to watch.

I'm wonder if he can ever be the player he was for us as right now that looks totally beyond him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1413: Apr 06, 2021 10:05:33 pm
      Can't tell what it is - has his head been turned by someone else or what?

Surely needs a spell on the bench.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1414: Apr 06, 2021 10:13:27 pm
      Very sad to watch.

I'm wonder if he can ever be the player he was for us as right now that looks totally beyond him.

It's a run of poor form. Was bound to happen eventually - he was outstanding for about 4 years. There is no reason whatsoever to think he's never going to be the same player again. It's very fine margins at this level and he is just a bit off it.

Another thing I will say for him is that he doesn't hide. He keeps trying to make things happen even when he's struggling for form, which says a lot for him, and another reason to hang on to him and keep backing him 100%.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1415: Apr 06, 2021 10:18:12 pm
      Bench him for the next few games, light a rocket up his arse and get him to change his F***ing boots back to black!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1416: Apr 06, 2021 11:41:58 pm
      Worst game I've seen him play for us.
      Think his finishing has been poor for a while now, but his general play has be OK - tonight it all went down the pan.
      Absolutely no idea why Jürgen left him on all night tonight - he could've played for 90 more mins and still not have anything go right.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1417: Apr 06, 2021 11:52:04 pm
      Worst game I've seen him play for us.
      Think his finishing has been poor for a while now, but his general play has be OK - tonight it all went down the pan.
      Absolutely no idea why Jürgen left him on all night tonight - he could've played for 90 more mins and still not have anything go right.
      He's been awful all season long. Constantly bad. He seems sluggish with and without the ball. I've developed a reflex of disappointment as soon as he receives the ball near a defender or is dealt a bouncy pass because I know he'll most probably give it away in the first instance and miscontrol the ball where he would've not the past few seasons in the second instance.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1418: Apr 06, 2021 11:53:05 pm
      F**k is wrong with Sadio he have the long Covid or something?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1419: Apr 07, 2021 02:00:03 am
      Our front three all are feeling the effects of the injuries to the spine of our team. They have even more pressure lumped on them and unfortunately they have all struggled at various times.

Mane like Bobby is still on of our best players and needs to play.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1420: Apr 07, 2021 06:50:24 am
      These things happen to players as they move closer to 30s. 30s is the new 34+ for the wingers now a days because of the constant running and overplaying .

Look at Alexis Sanchez, was world class at Arsenal, lost a yard of pace and went to full sh*te mode. They were lucky that Man utd took him off their wage bill. I am not expecting anything else from Mane. He has lost his pace which made him a nightmare to defend against. He is not a level technically like Salah or Suarez to keep going after slowing down. He is more like Torres , Sanchez whose careers went downhill after loosing their pace.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1421: Apr 07, 2021 08:26:51 am
      F**k is wrong with Sadio he have the long Covid or something?

No one's got a clue, but there is a vast difference in the sadio of the three previous seasons compared to this season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1422: Apr 07, 2021 09:16:03 am
      Loosing the ball & going down too easily for me..

Get up and win the F***ing ball back lad...
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1423: Apr 07, 2021 10:43:26 am
      These things happen to players as they move closer to 30s. 30s is the new 34+ for the wingers now a days because of the constant running and overplaying .

Look at Alexis Sanchez, was world class at Arsenal, lost a yard of pace and went to full sh*te mode. They were lucky that Man utd took him off their wage bill. I am not expecting anything else from Mane. He has lost his pace which made him a nightmare to defend against. He is not a level technically like Salah or Suarez to keep going after slowing down. He is more like Torres , Sanchez whose careers went downhill after loosing their pace.

It's a good point but i'm not sure he has suddenly lost a yard?? I think the woeful touch and clear lack of confidence is what's doing it for him at the moment.

Jeez he had an absolute mare yesterday.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1424: Apr 07, 2021 12:57:45 pm
      Our front three all are feeling the effects of the injuries to the spine of our team. They have even more pressure lumped on them and unfortunately they have all struggled at various times.

Mane like Bobby is still on of our best players and needs to play.

injuries to the spine of the team, does not make you mis control the ball and shoot either straight at the keeper or miss goal, plus he is awful in his decision making between shooting or passing. He definitely needs benching for a few games
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1425: Apr 08, 2021 04:27:32 pm
      If we could get close to what he's valued we would do well to sell him. He's on his way down from his peak. Definitely better than he's shown, but has certainly lost some pace and physicality

If we don't sell some stars and reload we will have to rebuild in a year or two. F**k rebuilding. Sell and reload

Quick Reply