Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259163 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1426: Apr 09, 2021 03:37:20 am
      He's been awful all season long. Constantly bad. He seems sluggish with and without the ball. I've developed a reflex of disappointment as soon as he receives the ball near a defender or is dealt a bouncy pass because I know he'll most probably give it away in the first instance and miscontrol the ball where he would've not the past few seasons in the second instance.

Spot on, every time he get's the ball, I fear him losing it and falling over.

Even started looking at him, when others score goals for us, his goal celebrations aren't what they used to be! Seems half arsed!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1427: Apr 09, 2021 05:24:42 am
      Spot on, every time he get's the ball, I fear him losing it and falling over.

Even started looking at him, when others score goals for us, his goal celebrations aren't what they used to be! Seems half arsed!!
      I feel like he showed signs of getting back to his old self in the last couple of games or so before the Madrid one but he jumped right back into the stuff he's been doing since the start of the season.

I also had it with the constant arm raising and overreacting every time he does not get a pass. I feel like Mo moved on from the incident at Burnley and while he may not be best pals with Sadio he just got on with it and tries to look for him and give him the ball as much as his instincts permits. Sadio still feeds Mo as usual and also has his greedy moments (no problem here, good forwards do that) but the problem is that I dont understand what Sadio expects when Mo has the ball.

You're playing with a guy who loves to score goals and will get greedy once or twice every game because that's what he does. Furthermore Sadio is the same type of player and gets greedy to. Unless Mo is being visibly unreasonable then why act like that all the time? Just move the F**k on or shout some sh*t at him in a subtle way while running back and get on with the next segment of play instead of enacting the same drama for the world to see of standing in the box with your arms raised with that victim's grin on your face every time you don't get the ball. You're not doing yourself, Mo or the team any favours by constantly feeding the media this sh*t all while making everybody around you tense/feeling pressured.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1428: Apr 09, 2021 07:43:24 am
      I feel like he showed signs of getting back to his old self in the last couple of games or so before the Madrid one but he jumped right back into the stuff he's been doing since the start of the season.

I also had it with the constant arm raising and overreacting every time he does not get a pass. I feel like Mo moved on from the incident at Burnley and while he may not be best pals with Sadio he just got on with it and tries to look for him and give him the ball as much as his instincts permits. Sadio still feeds Mo as usual and also has his greedy moments (no problem here, good forwards do that) but the problem is that I dont understand what Sadio expects when Mo has the ball.

You're playing with a guy who loves to score goals and will get greedy once or twice every game because that's what he does. Furthermore Sadio is the same type of player and gets greedy to. Unless Mo is being visibly unreasonable then why act like that all the time? Just move the f**k on or shout some sh*t at him in a subtle way while running back and get on with the next segment of play instead of enacting the same drama for the world to see of standing in the box with your arms raised with that victim's grin on your face every time you don't get the ball. You're not doing yourself, Mo or the team any favours by constantly feeding the media this sh*t all while making everybody around you tense/feeling pressured.

Agree 100% mate. Noticed the sulking quite a lot, just needs to get on with it and start banging them in again. Let his feet do the talking. He can go toe to toe with Mo for all I care, all the better for us. I'm just hoping he doesn't want out because he's an absolute ripper and unplayable when on song. Just needs to get his Mojo F***ing back, starting with Villa on Saturday!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1429: Apr 10, 2021 05:09:09 pm
      Don't know what's going on with Sadio but he needs to get his act together quickly or we have to consider selling him while he still has big value.

If he's still this bad next season he will surely be the first of the original front three to be sold.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1430: Apr 10, 2021 05:10:51 pm
      Wouldn't even bring him on as a sub versus Madrid.
      Needs some time to get his confidence and form back, playing like he is isn't helping him or us.
      Great player, just needs to find his form again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1431: Apr 10, 2021 05:11:47 pm
      Never seen such fall off in form in a player from world class to a pub team player over the last 4 months.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1432: Apr 10, 2021 05:12:38 pm
      Currently, Shadiow Mane of himself...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1433: Apr 10, 2021 05:13:23 pm
      Never seen such fall off in form in a player from world class to a pub team player over the last 4 months.

Fukn scary
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1434: Apr 10, 2021 05:14:31 pm

I personally think Salah has rattled him to the extent he tries to prove himself too hard..
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1435: Apr 10, 2021 05:22:13 pm
      Remember he had COVID and there are more than rumours about the long-term effects! Sadio could be suffering from it. It does not take much to drop you from world class to PL-standard level.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1436: Apr 10, 2021 05:28:54 pm
      I love you sadio, you’ll come good son
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1437: Apr 10, 2021 05:30:22 pm
      Remember he had COVID and there are more than rumours about the long-term effects! Sadio could be suffering from it. It does not take much to drop you from world class to PL-standard level.

The club sports science team would know if he was suffering from long Covid and if so I doubt he would be playing.

I think he has lost all self belief in his ability.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1438: Apr 10, 2021 05:31:44 pm
      Let’s not write him off just yet - he has lost form and confidence like a good number of players - they will get it back
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1439: Apr 10, 2021 05:35:24 pm

Barely Championship standard this season, no touch, can't pass, can't shoot, can't beat his man.

I hope it's just a season out of form and not a bigger issue. Guess we'll know in a few months.

People give out about Mo but Salah at his worst offers more than Mane has for most of this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1440: Apr 10, 2021 05:36:39 pm
      I love you sadio, you’ll come good son

Love Sadio too mate which makes his huge drop in form so painful to watch.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1441: Apr 10, 2021 05:40:07 pm
      Can't believe today's short appearance has triggered more criticism in this thread  :roll:

Agenda much?..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1442: Apr 10, 2021 05:45:28 pm
      Can't believe today's short appearance has triggered more criticism in this thread  :roll:

Agenda much?..

A player of his quality should come on in an important game and make a big impact. He was woeful for the entire time he was on the pitch.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1443: Apr 10, 2021 05:50:56 pm
      Nonsense. If he passed to Jota at the end.. everything would be fine. This angst is purely because he messed that up.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1444: Apr 10, 2021 06:50:55 pm
      Nonsense. If he passed to Jota at the end.. everything would be fine. This angst is purely because he messed that up.

He messes everything up these days. Everything.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1445: Apr 10, 2021 07:10:59 pm
      Barely Championship standard this season, no touch, can't pass, can't shoot, can't beat his man.

I hope it's just a season out of form and not a bigger issue. Guess we'll know in a few months.

People give out about Mo but Salah at his worst offers more than Mane has for most of this season.

He hasn’t been bad all season Baz. He has seen a drop since Covid. It is what it is and I’m sure he as much as we wants to get his old form back and he’s trying to play his way back into form. He will get it right at some point. He’s world class just like Bobby and everyone dumping on him all of the sudden is silly.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1446: Apr 10, 2021 07:32:00 pm
      He hasn’t been bad all season Baz. He has seen a drop since Covid. It is what it is and I’m sure he as much as we wants to get his old form back and he’s trying to play his way back into form. He will get it right at some point. He’s world class just like Bobby and everyone dumping on him all of the sudden is silly.

He started this season great. However, to me he looks to have lost a step and I think he's trying to do to much. He's never been great with the ball at his feet and a has always thrived on moving without the ball and captilizing on position opportunities. Now days he tries to skin everyone and looses the ball far too frequently.... Mane has definitely peaked as a footballer. I'm not saying he can't get close to his best form, he certainly could if gets back to working off the ball. But he's in decline of his physical ability IMO. If we could get close to what he's worth I'd sell him. I doubt we could with him on this form.

As for Bobby, he seems to be a bit revived here lately. I like him with Jota. I think he would be fire in a 4-2-3-1 as a deeper play maker in the middle
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1447: Apr 10, 2021 10:25:20 pm
      Happy 29th Birthday Sadio....all about confidence for me and I sincerely hope he gets that back soon.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1448: Apr 11, 2021 01:03:16 am

That is Total BS.

He has been crap for over 2 months now.

Constantly falling down, looking for a free kick ....always in the wrong area of the pitch.

Gets the ball, runs at defenders and straight into them instead of going around them.

Even his simple passes are missing the targets.

We all love Sadio and want him here but he needs to get back to his best quick smart. If ever there was a time that we need him to get his groove back, it's for this run in!

Agenda...my arse!!!

Quick Reply