Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259244 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1472: Apr 15, 2021 11:33:50 am
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1473: Apr 15, 2021 12:44:26 pm
      Seems to have lost a yard of pace and a tonne of confidence.

His link up play with Robbo on the left has fallen off a cliff.

Hopefully Sadio hits the reset button in the Summer and is back to himself next season.
      I too hope for this. But its highly unlikely.

Sadio is not out of form, Sadio has lost the physical advantage he had . We saw with Torres, Sanchez etc at this age after loosing a yard pace they look like complete different players. He gave it all for us, an we are grateful for that . But as Bob would have done moving players when they are about to decline, we should the same now. But with the current financial issues of the clubs, i doubt we get a good enough buyer.  I guess we may look till next Jan to see any improvement from him .

May be its best for him to move to a slower paced league like Serie A at this point of his career. But we will get F**k all money. They love a good loan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1474: Apr 15, 2021 05:50:12 pm
      Yep he’s first 5-10 mins was thinking, here we go Sadio, that’s better but as the game went on, was wondering why he wasn’t swapped for Jota at HT?

Can't understand why Jota was lobbed on the left when he came on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1475: Apr 15, 2021 05:51:52 pm
      I too hope for this. But its highly unlikely.

Sadio is not out of form, Sadio has lost the physical advantage he had . We saw with Torres, Sanchez etc at this age after loosing a yard pace they look like complete different players. He gave it all for us, an we are grateful for that . But as Bob would have done moving players when they are about to decline, we should the same now. But with the current financial issues of the clubs, i doubt we get a good enough buyer.  I guess we may look till next Jan to see any improvement from him .

May be its best for him to move to a slower paced league like Serie A at this point of his career. But we will get F**k all money. They love a good loan.

Unlike Torres he hasn't really had a bad injury to cause that. Due to the demands of this season he looks thoroughly fu**ed and in need of a rest.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1476: Apr 15, 2021 06:31:13 pm
      He was better last night, must better, but fizzled out like the whole team.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1477: Apr 16, 2021 08:29:43 am
      Unlike Torres he hasn't really had a bad injury to cause that. Due to the demands of this season he looks thoroughly fu**ed and in need of a rest.
      But Mane is getting ran into the ground. With AFCON, our games and his style of play all contributes to it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1478: Apr 16, 2021 10:16:40 am
      But Mane is getting ran into the ground. With AFCON, our games and his style of play all contributes to it.

So what your saying is Mane who is fu**ed and because he has yet to play in the AFCON, we may as well F**k him off because he won’t be any good to us by the time the new season starts, simple fact is, these athletes are not getting the rest & recuperation they need, all this international football & friendlies and the pointless competition’s like the European championship or AFCON are not helping one bit, it now seems every year there is a competition on or qualification period to get through, one of the reasons why players like Mane are getting ran into the ground,

The clubs pay the players wages, the players are contracted to that club, so for me negotiating between Player, club and country should take place each season and map out which games said players would be available for their respective countries, it might be 10-12 games to reach a major competition, a plan could be set that a player only be available for between 6-8 of those games, if fit, it could mean then that players like Mane get at least some rest and allows countries to perhaps try other players in a particular position and promote/ develop future players,

Well it makes sense to me and I don’t know sh*t, but it’s better than F***ing off your best players just because they are mentally and physically spent, No ?

Y  N  W  A
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1479: Apr 16, 2021 10:33:07 am

So what your saying is Mane who is fu**ed and because he has yet to play in the AFCON, we may as well f**k him off because he won’t be any good to us by the time the new season starts, simple fact is, these athletes are not getting the rest & recuperation they need, all this international football & friendlies and the pointless competition’s like the European championship or AFCON are not helping one bit, it now seems every year there is a competition on or qualification period to get through, one of the reasons why players like Mane are getting ran into the ground,

The clubs pay the players wages, the players are contracted to that club, so for me negotiating between Player, club and country should take place each season and map out which games said players would be available for their respective countries, it might be 10-12 games to reach a major competition, a plan could be set that a player only be available for between 6-8 of those games, if fit, it could mean then that players like Mane get at least some rest and allows countries to perhaps try other players in a particular position and promote/ develop future players,

Well it makes sense to me and I don’t know sh*t, but it’s better than f**king off your best players just because they are mentally and physically spent, No ?

Y  N  W  A
      Isn't it always best to move on players when they start to decline? That is what Bob did in the past. And SAF did at mancs. And what Klopp failed to do at Dortmund, which he himself told that it is easier for him to walk rather than trying to replace these loyal players.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1480: Apr 16, 2021 10:56:43 am
      Not the best season but I F***ing love this guy, one of the best in the world when on form.

We will never abandon him - you’ll never walk alone Mane xxxx
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1481: Apr 16, 2021 04:09:34 pm
      Isn't it always best to move on players when they start to decline? That is what Bob did in the past. And SAF did at mancs. And what Klopp failed to do at Dortmund, which he himself told that it is easier for him to walk rather than trying to replace these loyal players.

Who says they are in decline?
      They're not, just simply over taxed, over the last 3 intensive season's,  they've hardly had enough of a break,  your comparing players of the 70's, 80's 90's 00's etc to today's super fit athletes,  look at Milner,  Giggs, Scholes, Barry etc,those players were  34+ or still going before retiring, 
      Modern footballers peak approximately around 28, and have potentially 3-5 years subsequently injury permitting,

Too many are too hasty in getting rid of top players too early,  nothing wrong in bringing in potential replacements and bleeding them in, id rather do this than F**k your top players off leaving your team rudderless.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1482: Apr 16, 2021 11:46:19 pm

They're not, just simply over taxed, over the last 3 intensive season's,  they've hardly had enough of a break,  your comparing players of the 70's, 80's 90's 00's etc to today's super fit athletes,  look at Milner,  Giggs, Scholes, Barry etc,those players were  34+ or still going before retiring, 
      Modern footballers peak approximately around 28, and have potentially 3-5 years subsequently injury permitting,

Too many are too hasty in getting rid of top players too early,  nothing wrong in bringing in potential replacements and bleeding them in, id rather do this than f**k your top players off leaving your team rudderless.

Not in a Klopp system they don’t.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1483: Apr 17, 2021 01:29:42 pm
      Its possible at 30 he might be in decline. Sadio is not  the type of player who will continue to shine if his speed and power goes.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1484: Apr 17, 2021 01:47:59 pm
      Not in a Klopp system they don’t.

So are you saying in a Klopp system players will be burned out by their late 20s? Or even just after, say, 4 years of playing his system? That would be a massive drawback of his style of play if so.

I think there is some truth in the fact that Klopp's style is pretty heavy on players. But I think (and certainly hope) that that can be counteracted by having enough quality in depth to rotate more than we have done the last couple of years, and give players a bit more recovery time over the course of a season. (So I'd favour us bringing in a pair of decent backup FBs and 1 more good wide attacker, as well as a CB. If we are sticking with Jürgen, which I think we obviously should, we need to be operating on the assumption that his style doesn't have to leave our best players past it by the time they would usually be at their peak.)

[I'd see some support for this in Milner, who is still able to play Jürgen's system even at 35, no doubt partly cos he doesn't play every week.]
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1485: Apr 17, 2021 04:46:54 pm
      So are you saying in a Klopp system players will be burned out by their late 20s? Or even just after, say, 4 years of playing his system? That would be a massive drawback of his style of play if so.

I believe so. An imperfect human cannot be going full throttle and performing effectively for all of his career without going through periods of peak, burnout and decline. Timing of decline is relative, depending on each player’s endurance, mental strength and energy levels. It’s normal. Going hard for long periods will wear out a player quicker. Forces of nature.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1486: Apr 17, 2021 04:56:28 pm

Too many are too hasty in getting rid of top players too early,  nothing wrong in bringing in potential replacements and bleeding them in, id rather do this than f**k your top players off leaving your team rudderless.

Were they overworked during the first lock down, March to June? Wouldn't a 3 month break be enough time to recuperate for any athlete?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1487: Apr 17, 2021 10:01:40 pm
      Were they overworked during the first lock down, March to June? Wouldn't a 3 month break be enough time to recuperate for any athlete?

Possibly not if they then got Covid. Which is well known can be pretty draining. Mane's drop in form has been post-Covid. He started off this season playing well.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1488: Apr 27, 2021 01:11:04 pm
      Covid fog
      Never a great assist man but competent.
      But now, his passes around the box are brutally inaccurate
      His body moves just fine but there is an issue with the wiring
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1489: May 08, 2021 11:36:01 pm
      This thread is strangely quiet..  :roll:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1490: May 08, 2021 11:38:52 pm
      Love Sadio
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1491: May 09, 2021 12:25:40 am

Along with his goal, was going all out in the 90th minute to press with Bobby, creating the turnover that led to Thiago's goal.

The rumours of his demise appear to have been greatly exaggerated.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1492: May 09, 2021 11:51:23 am
      Great to see him back among the goals.

Hopefully my reservations about him not regaining the form he had is wrong as in form he's still one of the most dangerous forwards in the game
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1493: May 10, 2021 04:14:34 am
      Should have had 2 if Mo put it on a platter for him in the first 5 minutes!!

The Commentator said during the match that the last time Mo and Sadio combined for a goal was June 2020. That can't be right, can it?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1494: May 10, 2021 04:56:47 am
      Should have had 2 if Mo put it on a platter for him in the first 5 minutes!!

The Commentator said during the match that the last time Mo and Sadio combined for a goal was June 2020. That can't be right, can it?

It can and is.

Quick Reply