Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 264767 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,007 posts | 3426 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1587: Dec 29, 2021 09:54:28 pm
      is melissa the one off lfctv?

All joking aside I dont do facebook, twitter etc
      Melissa Reddy I’m guessing

https://twitter.com/melissareddy_?s=21

He was rumoured to be with her but were found to be nonsense

https://alleysport.com/who-is-sadio-mane-wife-does-he-have-a-girlfriend/
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1588: Dec 29, 2021 10:18:04 pm
      Assuming we are talking about Melissa Reddy? I was not aware that they were together. That’s quite interesting and could make her job a bit tricky when it’s time to write about the club and our attacking players specifically.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1589: Dec 29, 2021 10:22:21 pm
      Melissa has been reporting on LFC for a number of years and is a highly respected football columnist. Interesting that some have the hobby of going through peoples bins when you only have to google anyone famous these days to find out what they had for breakfast
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1590: Dec 29, 2021 10:40:56 pm
      Melissa has been reporting on LFC for a number of years and is a highly respected football columnist. Interesting that some have the hobby of going through peoples bins when you only have to google anyone famous these days to find out what they had for breakfast

Hard to Google someone when you don’t have a surname 🤷‍♂️

Mel Reddy? Easy enough to say. I know her yeah, but I didn’t know she was going out with Sadio
      As I said I don’t have an interest in that or have any form of social media.. nor do I randomly Google people to find out who they’re going out with

Find all that a bit tedious to be honest

I’m sure his form is nothing to do with his girlfriend though
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,007 posts | 3426 
      Reply #1591: Dec 29, 2021 10:42:39 pm
      Hard to Google someone when you don’t have a surname 🤷‍♂️

Mel Reddy? Easy enough to say. I know her yeah, but I didn’t know she was going out with Sadio
      As I said I don’t have an interest in that or have any form of social media.. nor do I randomly Google people to find out who they’re going out with

Find all that a bit tedious to be honest

I’m sure his form is nothing to do with his girlfriend though

She isn’t with him
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1592: Dec 29, 2021 10:43:36 pm

I’m not arsed if she is 😀

I just had no idea who Walton was talking about
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,007 posts | 3426 
      Reply #1593: Dec 29, 2021 10:44:49 pm
      I’m not arsed if she is 😀

I just had no idea who Walton was talking about

He likes to try and be cryptic and random 😀
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1594: Dec 29, 2021 10:47:13 pm
      What the hell has this thread turned into?? ;D

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1595: Dec 29, 2021 11:45:07 pm
      What the hell has this thread turned into?? ;D

Apparently we are in for a striker named Melissa. I mean, we've already got a goalie named Alison so, no big deal
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1596: Dec 29, 2021 11:48:10 pm
      More seriously, I don't think we will sell Sadio or Bobby, but we won't re-sign either. They can wind down their contracts like Gini and Emre Can did. Jürgen seems able to manage that situation where it doesn't hurt the squad chemistry, and we wait and see who comes in tk be first choice and when.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1597: Dec 30, 2021 12:50:47 am

What are you actually on about? You’re rambling on about complete nonsense and giving no context to any of it. So how about you just get to the point?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 416 
      Reply #1598: Dec 30, 2021 11:38:44 am
      Honestly he started the season looking sharp but hes looking like a blunt tool now. If we signed him at the start of last season we'd be pretty disappointed with what we'd have bought. Some of the chances he misses are outrageous. He seems to be forever on the stretch, rarely balanced as he hits the ball.

He looks a step slower and a touch more clumsy.

At this point his poor performances are now the norm and for all that he was good for the first 3 seasons with us, this last few are surely cause for saying we need to start looking towards the future and replacing him in this side.

Jota and Mo if he signs a new deal are in my first 11 and then Bobby and Sadios long term spots in this side are under huge doubt.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1599: Dec 30, 2021 11:44:47 am
      So would people drop Mane for the Chelsea match?

If yes, who comes in?
      Could be Bob, and play Jota on the side. But Bob hasn't looked that sharp in any of the recent cameos.
      Could bring in Taki I guess, but against Chavs, think their defense might fancy keeping him quiet. Like Taki, has en eye for goal, but gives away silly frees, still a bit lightweight and flits in and out of games.
      AOC, thought for a bit Jürgen might give him a try in a front three coming in from the side, but he seems to be playing him in the middle, even though imho he's not good enough to play there against quality sides.
      Origi would be an option, but is injured - and even if is back, couldn't be match fit.

So I'd probably start Salah/Jota/Mane again, for the reasons above.
      Not ideal, Mane is on a poor scoring run and his form is not what we know it can be - but the guy is a warrior and never stops battling. Have to admire him for that.
      At the same time can see Jürgen get criticised if we put in another poor performance, particularly if he plays the same players as Leicester. Personally not sure he has much choice though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,007 posts | 3426 
      Reply #1600: Dec 30, 2021 11:48:42 am

If yes, who comes in?
      Could be Bob, and play Jota on the side. But Bob hasn't looked that sharp in any of the recent cameos.
      Could bring in Taki I guess, but against Chavs, think their defense might fancy keeping him quiet. Like Taki, has en eye for goal, but gives away silly frees, still a bit lightweight and flits in and out of games.
      AOC, thought for a bit Jürgen might give him a try in a front three coming in from the side, but he seems to be playing him in the middle, even though imho he's not good enough to play there against quality sides.
      Origi would be an option, but is injured - and even if is back, couldn't be match fit.

Not ideal, Mane is on a poor scoring run and his form is not what we know it can be - but the guy is a warrior and never stops battling. Have to admire him for that.
      At the same time can see Jürgen get criticised if we put in another poor performance, particularly if he plays the same players as Leicester. Personally not sure he has much choice though.

I think Bobby needs to play - but I can see both Mane and Mo playing as well with Jota missing out
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1601: Dec 30, 2021 12:40:02 pm

I think Bobby needs to play - but I can see both Mane and Mo playing as well with Jota missing out

Against a side that does not give away much usually think we need the goalscorers , Jota to start for me he can nick a goal from nowhere

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1602: Dec 31, 2021 03:53:42 pm

If yes, who comes in?

I think Sadio may have been out for Bobby, but now it appears Bobby has CoVid and Taki and Divock are both injured, so I suspect Sadio will play with Jota and Mo (unless one of those two are the mystery third person to be out with CoVid). Hopefully Sadio can play his way out of this. He still brings value with his defensive and pressing work, but some goals would be nice.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1603: Dec 31, 2021 03:56:22 pm
      I think Sadio may have been out for Bobby, but now it appears Bobby has CoVid and Taki and Divock are both injured, so I suspect Sadio will play with Jota and Mo (unless one of those two are the mystery third person to be out with CoVid). Hopefully Sadio can play his way out of this. He still brings value with his defensive and pressing work, but some goals would be nice.

Yea, looks like covid has Bob,  so it's likely a rerun of the Leicester front three.  Hopefully we'll be a bit more clinical/lucky in front of goal...
      DanMann

• 5,758 posts | 884 
      Reply #1604: Jan 02, 2022 04:41:23 pm
       :lmao: :lmao:

Mane!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1095 
      Reply #1605: Jan 02, 2022 09:40:41 pm
      Was a real mensch today. Wish he wasn't leaving
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2022 11:25:50 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1606: Jan 10, 2022 07:23:30 pm
      Well done to Sadio, slotted home an injury time peno to give Senegal a 1-0 win over Zimbabwe.
      Although might mean they stay in the competition longer ...
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1607: Jan 11, 2022 12:52:41 pm
      Well done to Sadio, slotted home an injury time peno to give Senegal a 1-0 win over Zimbabwe.
      Although might mean they stay in the competition longer ...

Always going to go deep semis minimal which will rule him out for the full month . Naby will probably be first back
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1608: Jan 18, 2022 10:22:26 pm
      Naby through as well and scored.

Is that 3 games on the trot he has played? Couldn't make this sh*t up!!!
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1609: Jan 18, 2022 10:27:26 pm
      Naby through as well and scored.

Is that 3 games on the trot he has played? Couldn't make this sh*t up!!!

We made sure he was well rested for his trip by starting Milner ahead of him

Quick Reply