Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC TV: Worth it?

Read 8144 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      LFC TV: Worth it?
      Jul 04, 2016 02:25:33 am
      I see the club's official site is offering the preseason matches as part of the LFC TV subscription. The matches in the U.S. will be on live over here, but not the four in England this month. I think we'll get the Barca match here as well, but not sure about Mainz, probably not.

Any Reds based over here who can tell me if signing up for this service is worth it? I'd love to see those matches, but I notice three tiers of subscription rates. Is it the highest one that offers the matches (site doesn't say)? Also, does it work well technically or do I end up staring at a frozen screen for half the match or clip? Anyone?

Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this on.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: LFC TV: Worth it?
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2016 02:37:03 am
      I see the club's official site is offering the preseason matches as part of the LFC TV subscription. The matches in the U.S. will be on live over here, but not the four in England this month. I think we'll get the Barca match here as well, but not sure about Mainz, probably not.

Any Reds based over here who can tell me if signing up for this service is worth it? I'd love to see those matches, but I notice three tiers of subscription rates. Is it the highest one that offers the matches (site doesn't say)? Also, does it work well technically or do I end up staring at a frozen screen for half the match or clip? Anyone?

Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this on.

I get LFCTV for 1-2 months a year, in fact I will sign up tomorrow in time for the friendlies starting next weekend...I like watching the info during pre-season and catching a match that I cannot get here.

Once regular season starts I get every match and have this board plus TAW to get me through.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2016 02:54:26 am
      I get LFCTV for 1-2 months a year, in fact I will sign up tomorrow in time for the friendlies starting next weekend...I like watching the info during pre-season and catching a match that I cannot get here.

Once regular season starts I get every match and have this board plus TAW to get me through.

Thanks. That's Exactly what I do in the season (now including this board) So there were three prices quoted, do you know which one gets me those matches. Also, can you see those preseason games on demand? I can record weekday season games if I can't leave work, but for those four dates this month I may need to watch them later. Is that an option?

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2016 03:19:22 am
      Thanks. That's Exactly what I do in the season (now including this board) So there were three prices quoted, do you know which one gets me those matches. Also, can you see those preseason games on demand? I can record weekday season games if I can't leave work, but for those four dates this month I may need to watch them later. Is that an option?

They are available on demand after the match.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2016 06:23:35 am
      Honestly I think LFC TV is absolutely sh*te. Filled with just absolute crap, just another money maker for the club.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2016 12:12:25 pm
      Honestly I think LFC TV is absolutely sh*te. Filled with just absolute crap, just another money maker for the club.

Me too mate. You never hear proper debate on there anyway, it ends up being FSG propaganda.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2016 12:33:09 pm

Oh I don't know mate I'm watching our 2 games against the manc sh*te from the Europa League last season  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2016 02:59:56 pm
      Oh I don't know mate I'm watching our 2 games against the manc sh*te from the Europa League last season  ;D

Let me know how many times you play back Coutinho's away goal when you get to it. A dozen viewings seems about right...
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2016 05:02:05 pm
      I've never bothered with lfctv,think it's geared more towards the newer/younger fans.you can always find streams for the u-21/18's games when available,that would be my only reason to get it.Also ya might wanna check out the NESN schedule,i seem to remember them showing some preseason games.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2016 05:04:46 pm
      Let me know how many times you play back Coutinho's away goal when you get to it. A dozen viewings seems about right...

There was plenty to enjoy from those 2 games mate but that was a peach of a moment  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Jul 04, 2016 07:20:07 pm
      Now watching "Luis Suarez, all the goals" which is followed by "Fernando Torres, all the goals"  ;D

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Jul 04, 2016 08:26:49 pm
      Now watching "Luis Suarez, all the goals" which is followed by "Fernando Torres, all the goals"  ;D

Which you can see on You Tube.

The games are on FirstRowSports.eu
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12: Jul 04, 2016 08:55:37 pm

Probably quite a bit more value for those of us outside the U.K. than those that live locally.

Only reason I get it is for the pre-season matches and to see the new guys; usually order for a month then cancel.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #13: Jul 04, 2016 09:12:04 pm

Not quite the same on a laptop as on a 55" telly though mate  ;D

Although if I knew how to use the firestick I guess I could get youtube on the tv too   :roll:
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #14: Jul 05, 2016 12:29:04 pm
      I get the Liverpool channel free on one of my kodi add ons.

I'll search which one and let you all know. It works fine and I just connect my lappy to the telly with a hdmi
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Jul 05, 2016 12:30:57 pm
      I have it all year round, miss it when I don't have it. and don't mind paying the money, as I'm not a match going fan (unfortunately).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Jul 05, 2016 12:46:07 pm
      I have it all year round, miss it when I don't have it. and don't mind paying the money, as I'm not a match going fan (unfortunately).

Same here mate.  It comes in very handy when there's absolute sh*te on elsewhere, like the total scumduggary and wankfest of Mourinho being unveiled today  ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17: Jul 05, 2016 01:22:36 pm
      Same here mate.  It comes in very handy when there's absolute sh*te on elsewhere, like the total scumduggary and wankfest of Mourinho being unveiled today  ;D

haha. yes sly sports news can be totally annoying when talking about that rat and his new rat club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2016 01:37:11 pm
      haha. yes sly sports news can be totally annoying when talking about that rat and his new rat club.

Sick of it already mate though I've barely watched it today and won't be doing as Wimbledon's on, which is a godsend in these long summer months without proper footy.

Only 3 more sleeps till the pre season games start  ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19: Jul 05, 2016 08:15:28 pm
      Im in boozer friday night, but game is recording, will watch saturday morning. ;D.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20: Jul 05, 2016 08:43:02 pm
      Im in boozer friday night, but game is recording, will watch saturday morning. ;D.

I'm away working till Saturday night so will be following on here and watching when I get home   ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Jul 05, 2016 09:33:54 pm

I have it and I'm a match goer...I love coming home from a game and watching the match all over again  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22: Jul 05, 2016 09:42:07 pm
      As an internet less (mobile apart) luddite who can't get to many games these days, it's a way for me to watch any matches i miss and i enjoy watching the under 18's and 21's etc. It's far from perfect but it's my regular contact with the club these days as well as this forum.

Quick Reply