Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC TV: Worth it?

Read 8143 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: LFC TV: Worth it?
      Reply #23: Jul 06, 2016 07:38:05 am
      Often thought about this... LFC tv could be fantastic, but they somehow just get it so wrong!

Now - I appreciate filling 24 hours a day 7 days a week with something must be very difficult. Especially when you have one over riding theme such as a football club. But its the basics they do badly and the timings - however I am not sure if this is due to the TV rights.

Firstly, why can our own club not show live games is beyond me - however I guess the Billions spent by Sky & BT preclude this happening. Reality is if its not on TV here, its on somewhere and you can stream - so why not let the clubs have the rights?

What I would pay for, and like to see is the days match shown in full an hour after the untelivised game has finished. If they added this to the agenda then I would get it no doubt. 
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #24: Jul 06, 2016 12:02:51 pm
      It's just been added to the Foxtel sports package in oz, mainly due to Foxtel no longer having the rights to televise live games. To be fair there seems a lot of repetition, but great to be on in the background.  Will be my way to watch games this year (albeit on delay, although I often recorded anyway and watched at a more suitable hour).

Now watching "Luis Suarez, all the goals" which is followed by "Fernando Torres, all the goals"  ;D
      Watched the Torres goals today myself and wow what a striker he was in those first couple of seasons.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Jul 06, 2016 12:10:32 pm
      It's just been added to the Foxtel sports package in oz, mainly due to Foxtel no longer having the rights to televise live games. To be fair there seems a lot of repetition, but great to be on in the background.  Will be my way to watch games this year (albeit on delay, although I often recorded anyway and watched at a more suitable hour).
      Watched the Torres goals today myself and wow what a striker he was in those first couple of seasons.

Definitely enjoyed it mate and I'd forgotten how good he was in terms of goals from everywhere and anywhere.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: Jul 06, 2016 01:06:59 pm
      Often thought about this... LFC tv could be fantastic, but they somehow just get it so wrong!

Now - I appreciate filling 24 hours a day 7 days a week with something must be very difficult. Especially when you have one over riding theme such as a football club. But its the basics they do badly and the timings - however I am not sure if this is due to the TV rights.

Firstly, why can our own club not show live games is beyond me - however I guess the Billions spent by Sky & BT preclude this happening. Reality is if its not on TV here, its on somewhere and you can stream - so why not let the clubs have the rights?

What I would pay for, and like to see is the days match shown in full an hour after the untelivised game has finished. If they added this to the agenda then I would get it no doubt. 

That's it, SKY & BT have the Live sport sown up. Not allowed on Club tv stations, apart from u21s, friendlies, legends games etc.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Jul 06, 2016 04:16:30 pm
      That's it, SKY & BT have the Live sport sown up. Not allowed on Club tv stations, apart from u21s, friendlies, legends games etc.

Otherwise the EPL and clubs couldn't nearly as much for rights, as the networks recoup their costs from subscriptions and advertising, based on numbers of eyeballs watching on those channels (and nowhere else).
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #28: Apr 13, 2017 05:11:27 pm
      Is LFC tv free? I switch it on now and again and it's on? I've not subscribed or anything! Or is it only certain shows that are free
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Apr 13, 2017 06:07:25 pm
      Is LFC tv free? I switch it on now and again and it's on? I've not subscribed or anything! Or is it only certain shows that are free

It has been free for a week or so, but you would normally have to subscribe to get it all the time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #30: Apr 14, 2017 05:27:40 pm
      It has been free for a week or so, but you would normally have to subscribe to get it all the time.

To be Cas, it did go back to being subscription service think it was from the week just after the derby, just checked myself and it's back on free again!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Apr 14, 2017 07:41:06 pm
      To be Cas, it did go back to being subscription service think it was from the week just after the derby, just checked myself and it's back on free again!

Coolio HR  :gt-happyup:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #32: Apr 14, 2017 11:57:57 pm
      It should be free all the time. The club make enough cash from BT and Sky every year, let alone everything else, to cover the production bill.

It is free on April 15 every year, when no football is broadcast, as it is irrelevant on the date.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #33: Apr 15, 2017 03:51:31 am
      It should be free all the time. The club make enough cash from BT and Sky every year, let alone everything else, to cover the production bill.

It is free on April 15 every year, when no football is broadcast, as it is irrelevant on the date.

Always liked watching some of the stuff on LFCtv surrounding Hillsborough, the documentary they put together a couple of years ago was very good and the bit they do with all the names plus pics and Heart As Big As Liverpool playing in the background always seems to get me just a tad emotional, every year without fail.

Quick Reply