Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

iPhone advice

Read 4394 times
      Kopite78
      iPhone advice
      Jul 04, 2016 10:29:23 am
      Wonders if anyone could help with this?

I'm having issues with my current phone and major frustrations with my provider, if I were to buy a new handset and before using it backed up all my old handset to iCloud and then put my sim in the new handset and downloaded it from iCloud that it would all be there? Including email accounts etc?

I'm sure there is someone that gets this more than me that will hopefully be able to help

Cheers
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: iPhone advice
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2016 11:39:58 am
      Wonders if anyone could help with this?

I'm having issues with my current phone and major frustrations with my provider, if I were to buy a new handset and before using it backed up all my old handset to iCloud and then put my sim in the new handset and downloaded it from iCloud that it would all be there? Including email accounts etc?

I'm sure there is someone that gets this more than me that will hopefully be able to help

Cheers

In theory I think it should. When I got my new phone all my contacts (including emails) came through with it.

However I would take it to an apple store and they will be able to make sure you've got it to the right settings before you try
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2016 01:23:15 am
      When I went from my Iphone 4 to my Iphone  6, I  just did a backup to Icloud on my 4 and then restored from the backup on my 6 and it was all there, just like cloning my old phone.

That's  exactly how it's meant to work.  As far as emails, they should be stored on whatever email server/service you use, and your  phone just controls how much email to fetch from the server. They should be fine as well.

Now this is a CDMA phone (I  have no  SIM) but technically I  think it is supposed  to work  the same regardless of the phone technology. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2016 01:24:15 am
      In theory I think it should. When I got my new phone all my contacts (including emails) came through with it.

However I would take it to an apple store and they will be able to make sure you've got it to the right settings before you try

Yes, make sure you have your icloud backup set to backup all of the stuff you want to port,  i.e. contacts,  messages,  notes, favorites, etc.....

Quick Reply