Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Euro 2016 - Semi Finals

Read 30416 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Euro 2016 - Semi Finals
      Reply #46: Jul 06, 2016 09:51:46 pm
      Is it too much to ask to see Ronaldo crying? That's all I've wanted from Portugal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Jul 06, 2016 09:52:27 pm
      Is it too much to ask to see Ronaldo crying? That's all I've wanted from Portugal.

The tears are going to be real when they lose in the final.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #48: Jul 06, 2016 09:53:30 pm
      Not good enough Wales and Portugal weren't much better not arsed who wins now.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #49: Jul 06, 2016 09:53:39 pm
      The tears are going to be real when they lose in the final.

Because it'll hit the hardest, very true.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #50: Jul 06, 2016 09:59:40 pm
      Oh well, damn good run we had. Thought we competed well in the first half but lacked in the final third. If only we had Ramsey, things may have been different. Second half was a bit meh for us and as soon as Ronaldo scored I just knew it was game over :(

Like the majority here, I hope Portuguese lose and will be supporting France or Germany in the finals.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #51: Jul 06, 2016 10:03:02 pm
      Oh well, damn good run we had. Thought we competed well in the first half but lacked in the final third. If only we had Ramsey, things may have been different. Second half was a bit meh for us and as soon as Ronaldo scored I just knew it was game over :(

Like the majority here, I hope Portuguese lose and will be supporting France or Germany in the finals.

Haha France or Germany what a dilemna    :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #52: Jul 06, 2016 10:17:03 pm
      Is there a 3rd / 4th playoff?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #53: Jul 06, 2016 10:23:35 pm
      Fair play to Wales. Had an amazing run. Is that only the 2nd game Portugal have won without pens and they're in a final?

Aside, I felt Wales gave them too much respect.

Anyway, cos I'm totally up with stats and that.......

https://twitter.com/szteveo/status/750800810288812032
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #54: Jul 06, 2016 10:26:11 pm
      Fair play to Wales. Had an amazing run. Is that only the 2nd game Portugal have won without pens and they're in a final?

Aside, I felt Wales gave them too much respect.

Anyway, cos I'm totally up with stats and that.......

https://twitter.com/szteveo/status/750800810288812032

Where was that little genius every one has been shouting about needing another contract at LFC.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #55: Jul 06, 2016 10:32:29 pm
      Where was that little genius every one has been shouting about needing another contract at LFC.

Wait until he's next to Alberto at Sevilla next season.

You'll see ;)
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #56: Jul 06, 2016 11:37:59 pm
      wow so much hate for my Portugal

Get in another final, not playing pretty but fvk it when we have played good attacking football in the past we have been sent home.
      congrats to Whales for a fantastic tournament i'm sure we will see them in the euros again

but thank fvk the whales band wagon here in the uk media will be over

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #57: Jul 06, 2016 11:51:19 pm

Get in another final, not playing pretty but fvk it when we have played good attacking football in the past we have been sent home.
      congrats to Whales for a fantastic tournament i'm sure we will see them in the euros again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LozoUO7kNzg
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #58: Jul 06, 2016 11:59:46 pm
      Too be fair to our Portugese brothers both teams were sh*te, Portugal showed a bit more quality than Wales could muster.

Simples.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #59: Jul 07, 2016 12:20:33 am
      Didn't make it but we did ok had some boss nights in the the pub as one young lad sad to me nights to remember all our lives thats wat its about 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #60: Jul 07, 2016 09:33:01 am
      Wales did so well and England need to ask some serious questions about attitude and application and identity as a team.
      Hope they carry on and get to the World Cup now.
      I so want Portugal to get a hiding in the final just so we can see lady boy in tears if it weren't for him I think everyone would wish Portugal well. Germany tonight for me they can smell Silverware
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Jul 07, 2016 09:33:34 am

I don't think people dislike Portugal as such, it is more a dislike for Ronaldo because of the arrogance.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Jul 07, 2016 09:36:48 am
      As an Englishman I would have been very proud of Wales, however I think as good as their performance was on the pitch they let themselves down with the reaction to England's exit. England lost, we went home quietly and can say our best was not good enough. Atleast we didn't act like a bunch of **sholes off the pitch to our fellow british home nations. As a result I am not proud of Wales because I just think the players had an attitude problem. I won't be routing for them like I did before. I will just route for England in future if we can get a good manager.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #63: Jul 07, 2016 10:07:54 am
      As an Englishman I would have been very proud of Wales, hver I think as good as their performance was on the pitch they let themselves down with the reaction to England's exit. England lost, we went home quietly and can say our best was not good enough. Atleast we didn't act like a bunch of **sholes off the pitch to our fellow british home nations. As a result I am not proud of Wales because I just think the players had an attitude problem. I won't be routing for them like I did before. I will just route for England in future if we can get a good manager.

To be fair the English players only acted like sh*t on the pitch , if they had some of the attitude of the welsh players they would have and should have gone a lot further , english players ars forever in the press saying what their going to do , you saying they dont act like ar## holes on times  , we just enjoyed our moment in the sun get over it ,
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Jul 07, 2016 10:40:50 am
      To be fair the English players only acted like sh*t on the pitch , if they had some of the attitude of the welsh players they would have and should have gone a lot further , english players ars forever in the press saying what their going to do , you saying they dont act like ar## holes on times  , we just enjoyed our moment in the sun get over it ,
      There was no moment in the sun, Wales lost two games to Portugal and England. How can you say we were sh*t when we were one of the teams that beat you? England beat Wales, Wales beat Belgium, Belgium beat Iceland, Iceland beat England. It is the nature of football, so get over that. Nothing justifies the disgraceful reaction from the Welsh players about England exit that went viral. It is the ONLY reason why I wont be congratulating, otherwise I would be made up for you guys.
      If England players did that kind of celebration about Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales, I would feel ashamed of them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #65: Jul 07, 2016 10:53:17 am
      Really looking forward to tonight's game - which means it will be a terrible game!  Last night wasn't a great game.

France with the home advantage and their first half demolition of Iceland with Germany who look they are in prime position to win it!

Lots of talk about whether France should 'go for it' or go more defensive.  I hope it's the former.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #66: Jul 07, 2016 11:14:45 am
      There was no moment in the sun, Wales lost two games to Portugal and England. How can you say we were sh*t when we were one of the teams that beat you? England beat Wales, Wales beat Belgium, Belgium beat Iceland, Iceland beat England. It is the nature of football, so get over that. Nothing justifies the disgraceful reaction from the Welsh players about England exit that went viral. It is the ONLY reason why I wont be congratulating, otherwise I would be made up for you guys.
      If England players did that kind of celebration about Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales, I would feel ashamed of them.

you do know Wales have not qualified for a competition since 1958 they have every right to enjoy themselves and if that's poking fun at a crap England side then so be it. They did far better with so called lesser players than lots of other "big teams"
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #67: Jul 07, 2016 11:25:06 am
      you do know Wales have not qualified for a competition since 1958 they have every right to enjoy themselves and if that's poking fun at a crap England side then so be it. They did far better with so called lesser players than lots of other "big teams"
      Difference between poking fun and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9M9Vaa4wUI

Maybe they should join the United teambus with Lingard.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #68: Jul 07, 2016 11:33:30 am
      Difference between poking fun and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9M9Vaa4wUI

Maybe they should join the United teambus with Lingard.

funny that's how I respond when UTD get beat.

Quick Reply