Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth)

Read 20321 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth)
      Jul 07, 2016 11:26:48 am
      https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/750997245286309888

EDIT In the child like rush to start a thread like the sad little bell whiffer that I am I've spelt his name wrong. I've edited my original post but it seems to still be wrong in the replies if a kind mod can sort it for me please.

It seems to have annoyed the hell out of Badd boi Bubbie.....
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016 09:39:29 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,283 posts | 235 
      Re: Jordan Ibe - Bournemouth
      Reply #1: Jul 07, 2016 11:27:12 am
      Hope with buy back clause....But 15m is good price for Ibeeeey...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Jul 07, 2016 11:31:01 am
      The lad needs first team football if he's ever going to develop and he won't see much time on the field this season with us not being in Europe. I'm more excited now about Ojo than Ibe unfortunately, he just hasn't made the step up like most expected.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3: Jul 07, 2016 11:31:56 am
      I would have let him go there on Loan for a season this lad could be awesome just needs to mature a bit. Still £15m is good but with Benteke,Balotelli and possibly Allen going added to a decent transfer kitty we should be looking for some top quality replacements.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jul 07, 2016 11:35:07 am
      I would have let him go there on Loan for a season this lad could be awesome just needs to mature a bit. Still £15m is good but with Benteke,Balotelli and possibly Allen going added to a decent transfer kitty we should be looking for some top quality replacements.

Fair shout on the loan idea.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #5: Jul 07, 2016 11:35:15 am
      Shame it has not worked for him as he has the talent but maybe not the game intelligence at the top level.

Funnily he was one of the players who got worse the more he played under Klopp!

Good luck to him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Jul 07, 2016 11:37:26 am
      Shame it has not worked for him as he has the talent but maybe not the game intelligence at the top level.

Funnily he was one of the players who got worse the more he played under Klopp!

Good luck to him.

His style seemed to change in the past couple of seasons. He'd gone from charging at players and running past them to running up to them, stop, doing some weird step overs and then running into them.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #7: Jul 07, 2016 11:40:47 am
      His style seemed to change in the past couple of seasons. He'd gone from charging at players and running past them to running up to them, stop, doing some weird step overs and then running into them.

Spot on mate almost like he was trying to remember what he is supposed to do - New manager and different instructions seemed to have confused him.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #8: Jul 07, 2016 11:43:10 am
      £15 million is a good price for him. I say let him go.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2016 11:47:37 am
      Think we might be getting rid a bit early here. Hopefully there's a buy back clause in there somewhere.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2016 12:04:01 pm
      I think Ojo has already moved ahead of him in the pecking order. With Mane coming in would Ibe really have gotten any minutes with us?

I can understand those saying we might have loaned him out instead but if we've put a buy-back clause in then I've no problem with letting him go. I think he stalled terribly this season after looking promising when Jürgen joined. It seemed to me his decision making improved for a very brief period and then he went back to running blind alleys.

He has the attributes but I just don't think the brain is anywhere near developed enough in young Jordon and I'd wish him well.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11: Jul 07, 2016 12:15:48 pm

I see what you're saying but no, not for me. We've loaned him before right? Doesn't do well on loan then comes back and doesn't progress as well as we'd like then it's: 'Why the F***ing hell didn't we take the £15 million off Bournemouth?"

I can fully understand accepting the offer but only IF the money goes straight on top of the current transfer kitty.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Re: Jordon Ibe - Bournemouth
      Reply #12: Jul 07, 2016 12:22:50 pm
      £15m for an unproven 20 year old who had an awful season and really has only performed well in a handful of games, most of which were preseason. He's got decent attributes, but lacks a brain and the proper skill. To be honest I think he was more of a rebound for us to get over the loss of Sterling than anything else.

This market is out of control though. Could purchase a better young Portuguese or Brazilian or any other league's player with better attributes, better skill, and a brain for £10m or less.

Best of luck Jordon.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13: Jul 07, 2016 12:27:38 pm
      £15m for an unproven 20 year old who had an awful season and really has only performed well in a handful of games, most of which were preseason. He's got decent attributes, but lacks a brain and the proper skill. To be honest I think he was more of a rebound for us to get over the loss of Sterling than anything else.

This market is out of control though. Could purchase a better young Portuguese or Brazilian or any other league's player with better attributes, better skill, and a brain for £10m or less.

Best of luck Jordon.

It's a bit damning for the lad when he has 1 goal and 3 assists in 41 league games yet Ojo has 3 assists in 8 games. The end product just hasn't been there so in that respect it makes sense to sell. It also doesn't look that great when his overall play has regressed.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #14: Jul 07, 2016 12:36:50 pm
      Starting to resemble Klopp's initial windows at Dortmund. He definitely has a clear idea of who to retain and who can be let go. FSG must be over the moon as we wouldve hardly spent a penny come August.

Pretty good deal and shame the lad couldnt impress Jürgen like Ojo, Stewart and Cameron.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #15: Jul 07, 2016 12:52:07 pm
      It's a bit damning for the lad when he has 1 goal and 3 assists in 41 league games yet Ojo has 3 assists in 8 games. The end product just hasn't been there so in that respect it makes sense to sell. It also doesn't look that great when his overall play has regressed.

Exactly right. Parts of that could be due to inconsistency of playing time and just the pressures of being at a huge club at such a young age. The same walls that Benteke hit in my opinion. Which is why I think he could put up some better numbers and performances at a club like Bournemouth. Price is just very inflated to me, would be tough to turn down. Especially when we could potentially turn that around and get Blaszczykowski to perform the same role (backup winger for Mane/Couts/Firmino) for a third of the price who would do a proven better job than Ibe's been doing.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #16: Jul 07, 2016 12:56:15 pm
      Thought he had potential but became a headless chicken for me. The quality isn't there. 15m is robbery - take it and run.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3399 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Jul 07, 2016 12:58:28 pm
      Disappointed that it looks like he's leaving permanently but wish him all the best.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #18: Jul 07, 2016 01:24:54 pm
      It's a good offer for a player who hasn't really progressed in the last couple of years.  I like him but it may be too good an offer to turn down, especially seeing as he may not play that much this season.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #19: Jul 07, 2016 01:27:26 pm
      I think this is a mistake but time will tell.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Jul 07, 2016 01:35:40 pm
      Think this will cement Jürgen's decision that he wouldn't be played much this coming season anyway, and if so I doubt Jordan would be happy back in the ressies,

So probably best for all he moves on and has regular playing time with the Cherries,

All the best Ibeeeeeyyy!!

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #21: Jul 07, 2016 01:45:01 pm
      Had very high hopes for this lad I guess soon as the club saw the figures  they just thought kerching lets cash out, good luck to the kid hope he kicks on , could seem like a mistske in a few years , time will tell .
      Medellin
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' Player Thread
      Reply #22: Jul 07, 2016 01:46:54 pm
      £15m to Bournmouth,good luck to the lad.

Quick Reply