Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth)

Read 20208 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Jordon Ibe - Bournemouth
      Reply #69: Jul 08, 2016 10:10:43 am
      Why do I get the feeling that Ibe won't want to move?
      lofend
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #70: Jul 08, 2016 10:22:48 am
      15m really good deal thx, bournemouth
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #71: Jul 08, 2016 10:57:08 am
      I think Ojo has already moved ahead of him in the pecking order. With Mane coming in would Ibe really have gotten any minutes with us?

I can understand those saying we might have loaned him out instead but if we've put a buy-back clause in then I've no problem with letting him go. I think he stalled terribly this season after looking promising when Jürgen joined. It seemed to me his decision making improved for a very brief period and then he went back to running blind alleys.

He has the attributes but I just don't think the brain is anywhere near developed enough in young Jordon and I'd wish him well.

So, he is Sterling (wash mouth with soap) mark II but brain yet to be developed (unlike Sterling).  :D
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #72: Jul 08, 2016 11:10:10 am
      It's f**king boss mate.  I'm loving our new attitude to players in and out but no idea who or where it's come from.

It's some German they have now got at Anfield. ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #73: Jul 08, 2016 11:24:11 am

Probably mate.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #74: Jul 08, 2016 11:39:05 am

& its this very mentality we have been missing since 2010..

Klopp reminds me so much of Rafa..

I'm
      Not getting ahead of myself but we are going to be a solid force this season...
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #75: Jul 08, 2016 11:42:30 am
      & its this very mentality we have been missing since 2010..

Klopp reminds me so much of Rafa..

I'm
      Not getting ahead of myself but we are going to be a solid force this season...

I hope so mate but I think we will be there or there about (title) in 2 seasons when all these have had themselves Klopped out. :)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #76: Jul 08, 2016 11:58:49 am
      The way we do business we will take that £15 million and buy at least 3 players. It's a win win.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: Jul 08, 2016 12:00:37 pm
      15m really good deal thx, bournemouth

Welcome to the forum!

If Ibe does move then I hope he goes on to reach his full potential and is able to come back again in the future. The good thing about this move for him is not only will he get regular football in the Premier League but his wages will also increase and that's one thing that doesn't look like is happening at Liverpool any time soon.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #78: Jul 08, 2016 12:02:56 pm
      Why do I get the feeling that Ibe won't want to move?

Because that's the way it goes for us, i. e. Borini.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #79: Jul 08, 2016 12:20:43 pm
      Great bit of business this. I like Ibe and always wished for him to kick on but he always seemed to hit a wall. His decision making is terrible and at 20 you would hope it would be better. Best of luck to him if he goes.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #80: Jul 08, 2016 12:34:25 pm
      The way we do business we will take that £15 million and buy at least 3 players. It's a win win.

hahahaha - true but I believe in Klopp. Whomever he buys gets my support.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #81: Jul 08, 2016 02:23:06 pm
      Agree.

Puts current market and fees in some sort of perspective.  How does it make Mane's fee look?

Mané fee looks a steal now.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Re: Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth)
      Reply #82: Jul 09, 2016 01:24:12 pm
      When you think how much the scum used to get for their squaddies with a few 1st team games to their name mate it's about time we did the same.

You mean like Pogba?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: Jul 09, 2016 01:37:40 pm

Pogba was out of contract so it's not the same situation. Debs was on about when it comes to selling them.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #84: Jul 09, 2016 02:12:07 pm
      Pogba was out of contract so it's not the same situation. Debs was on about when it comes to selling them.

I know.  I was only saying I hope we don't live to regret this given the lad is still young.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #85: Jul 09, 2016 02:28:58 pm

Problem is, would Markovic be an upgrade on Ibe? He suffers from similar woes - short of confidence, struggling for an end product. It's difficult to get away from the belief there is a lot more to come from them both though.

By all means, this is not a hint that the pair of them should be sold. Bournemouth is a good club to go to - a good young forward thinking coach in Eddie Howe and he would develop there.

Jordan Ibe is desperately lacking in end product. This is partly due to a loss of confidence, but I also worry its symptomatic of the deep seated issues in grassroots coaching in England where the players are neither smart or intuitive enough to get that end product.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #86: Jul 09, 2016 02:36:59 pm

I am mate.  The Wes Browns, John O'Shays, Cleverley types.  It helps having ex players as managers of clubs like Stoke and Hull to offload them to though.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: Jul 09, 2016 03:36:32 pm
      I will miss this lad I think he could be really special
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #88: Jul 09, 2016 03:57:12 pm

Well that's the good thing about the buy back clause we've supposedly included. If he really does become special, we'll purchase him back. Yes you might say what's the point in getting rid at this point then, but who's to say Ibe reaches his potential when he's stuck behind Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho etc. and even Ojo it would appear now? Best for him to get more playing time and if he does hit the heights we once hoped he might, at least we have the option of bringing him back.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #89: Jul 09, 2016 04:01:09 pm
      Problem is, would Markovic be an upgrade on Ibe? He suffers from similar woes - short of confidence, struggling for an end product. It's difficult to get away from the belief there is a lot more to come from them both though.

By all means, this is not a hint that the pair of them should be sold. Bournemouth is a good club to go to - a good young forward thinking coach in Eddie Howe and he would develop there.

Jordan Ibe is desperately lacking in end product. This is partly due to a loss of confidence, but I also worry its symptomatic of the deep seated issues in grassroots coaching in England where the players are neither smart or intuitive enough to get that end product.
      Markovic suffered under Rodgers because he played out of his natural position almost exclusively. I don't think we can draw any conclusion on Markovic from his games for us. From the very beginning I had impression that Rodgers not arsed to use him properly. It was maybe Rodgers vs TC issue, I don't know. I think Klopp will have other plan for Markovic than playing him at RWB. It could work very well, we'll see.  Ibe's case is different IMO because he played better in Klopp's early tenure than in last couple of months. Klopp saw the lad numerous times in the training and games and maybe concluded he is not what we need.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #90: Jul 09, 2016 11:46:23 pm

He has a longggggg way to go before he reaches that type of level though.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #91: Jul 11, 2016 12:09:21 pm
       Reports are saying Ibe is considering to reject the bournemouth  move via Morror and  clubcall

https://www.clubcall.com/bournemouth/cherries-facing-ibe-snub-1814794.html

YNWA

Quick Reply