Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth)

Read 20350 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Jordon Ibe (Bournemouth)
      Reply #92: Jul 11, 2016 12:18:52 pm
      Reports are saying Ibe is considering to reject the bournemouth  move via Morror and  clubcall

https://www.clubcall.com/bournemouth/cherries-facing-ibe-snub-1814794.html

YNWA

I saw this on twitter earlier but didn't know what to think...

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/752259635076300800

There was something online sourcing the Mirror about how he's waiting to see if West Brom or Newcastle make an offer. West Brom would probably be the last place I'd want to go if I was him. I also don't see Benitez stumping up 15m for him - as well as accepting a buy back clause and a percentage of a future sale - after they've just bought Gayle and Ritchie for 22m and they have the likes of Perez and Mitrovic to fit into the starting 11 too. I have no idea what their full quad looks like atm though.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #93: Jul 11, 2016 04:10:37 pm
      Reports are saying Ibe is considering to reject the bournemouth  move via Morror and  clubcall

https://www.clubcall.com/bournemouth/cherries-facing-ibe-snub-1814794.html

YNWA

He is an idiot if he is waiting for West Brom. He would go backwards with WB.

Newcastle with Rafa would make a player out of him - even a championship.

Personally, he would make good progress at Bournemouth under Eddie Howe. He plays the right kind of football.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #94: Jul 11, 2016 04:47:33 pm
      He is an idiot if he is waiting for West Brom. He would go backwards with WB.

Newcastle with Rafa would make a player out of him - even a championship.

Personally, he would make good progress at Bournemouth under Eddie Howe. He plays the right kind of football.

I wouldn't mind a Ibe-plus-cash for Wijnaldum. The latter could be a useful player across the 3 attacking positions behind the striker, a bit Lallana-ish may be!

Sturridge/Origi
      Coutinho/Wijnaldum - Firmino/Ings - Mane/Lallana

looks quite potent!

But guess we already have news that Jürgen doesn't look like adding any more names to the attacking department.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #95: Jul 12, 2016 01:58:29 pm
      Sounds like he's accepted the move, rumour has it he emptied his locker at Melwood yesterday.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #96: Jul 12, 2016 02:00:30 pm
      Sounds like he's accepted the move, rumour has it he emptied his locker at Melwood yesterday.

Kind of sad, but could be the move that helps him grow the most. I hope he takes advantage of it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #97: Jul 12, 2016 02:06:54 pm
      Kind of sad, but could be the move that helps him grow the most. I hope he takes advantage of it.

It is mate but I agree it's probably a very good move for him. 

I know you really rated him but for me he hadn't progressed from the player he was at 16/17.  I know he's still young and could still go on to be a very good player but to stay here he needed to have shown far more than he did.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #98: Jul 12, 2016 02:20:22 pm
      It is mate but I agree it's probably a very good move for him. 

I know you really rated him but for me he hadn't progressed from the player he was at 16/17.  I know he's still young and could still go on to be a very good player but to stay here he needed to have shown far more than he did.

Yea, had high hopes for him, and it's probably rough having to go from playing for LFC to somewhere like Bournemoth, but if we really have the buy back clause, then it's up to him to prove that he should be back here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #99: Jul 12, 2016 02:22:57 pm

Well...maybe he didn't empty his locker yesterday...pic of him at training today ???
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #100: Jul 12, 2016 02:24:31 pm
      Yea, had high hopes for him, and it's probably rough having to go from playing for LFC to somewhere like Bournemoth, but if we really have the buy back clause, then it's up to him to prove that he should be back here.

True mate.  Be interesting to see how he gets on in the coming seasons but I wish him all the best if the rumours are true.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #101: Jul 12, 2016 02:27:12 pm
      Well...maybe he didn't empty his locker yesterday...pic of him at training today ???

Well I did say it was a rumour mate and there's not been an announcement by either club.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #103: Jul 12, 2016 04:08:56 pm
      If he does move then I seriously wish him well. He's going to a good club run by what seem like good people and run by a good manager in Howe. I hope he makes it back here one day.

Despite anything I've ever said about him, it's kind of sad to see him leave tbh, always is with the kids who have come up through the academy (despite Ibe making his debut at 15 for Wycombe).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #104: Jul 12, 2016 04:14:02 pm

So the rumours were true then.  Has anything been announced yet or is he just being sent to back to the Academy.  That would be very harsh if he has.

Oops didn't see the 2nd tweet.

Best of luck for the future Jordon.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #105: Jul 12, 2016 04:54:00 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #106: Jul 12, 2016 05:49:14 pm
      It's a good move for everybody. Ibe will fit in well at Bournemouth, there's less pressure, good chance to live up to his potential in that situation. For us, £15m is good money we can apply to an upgrade.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #107: Jul 12, 2016 05:57:35 pm

No biggie lads we'll buy him back from Bournemouth in two years for £50 mill :P
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #108: Jul 12, 2016 06:03:29 pm

Good luck to the lad
      Lets hope apart from the 15M (which is a good price IMO) we demanded and inserted a buy back clause ,or something like that in the deal
      YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #109: Jul 12, 2016 06:05:53 pm

As if.

He is on a journey now. To Southampton and THEN we get him for £50 million.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #110: Jul 12, 2016 06:19:52 pm
      Don't think it's any real loss but all the best to him. Good to see we benefit in clauses too. Got a good deal here.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #111: Jul 12, 2016 08:55:45 pm
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #112: Jul 13, 2016 01:00:40 am
      Good luck lad.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #113: Jul 13, 2016 07:13:45 am
      As if.

He is on a journey now. To Southampton and THEN we get him for £50 million.

still a better deal than letting someone go for £1million and buying them back for £100mil. I wish the lad all the very best.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #114: Jul 13, 2016 09:24:24 am
      Good luck Jordan. Didn't quite cut it here but I've no doubt you will be a top signing for Bournemouth. Looking forward to seeing you play in the prem regularly next season.

20m for Ibe and Skrtel? Neither would have featured much (if at all) next season so that's great business by the club. To be fair to FSG, they usually re invest whatever we sell back into the squad, so hopefully there is another signing or two to follow.

Quick Reply