Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Man Utd [Premier League] Sun 16th Dec @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 12th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D6 L6

Ovie Ejaria Player Thread (on loan at Rangers)

Read 12929 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,502 posts | 2050 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Ovie Ejaria Player Thread (on loan at Rangers)
      Jul 09, 2016 10:36:32 am
      London-born Ejaria, who moved to Merseyside from boyhood club Arsenal in 2014, made an instant impact on Klopp shortly after the manager's arrival last October.

One of the German's first acts as Liverpool boss was to watch Ejaria score the winner for the under-18s at the Academy in Kirkby.

“Obviously first impressions are important and it was a great feeling to be able to play in front of him,” said Ejaria.

“It's exciting because he's new in and everyone is trying to make a first impression on him and trying to get our way up to Melwood. Knowing that he was watching us was a great feeling.”
      Ejaria was also among a group of youngsters who travelled with Klopp and several senior members of the Liverpool squad for warm weather training in Tenerife in March.

The teenager can play both on the flank and through the middle, and his penchant for hard work and pressing has clearly caught Klopp's attention. - LiverpoolEcho

Very impressive start for the young man. Hope to see him more involved in the first team as the year goes on.

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2018 11:22:41 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Re: Ovie Ejaria
      Reply #1: Jul 09, 2016 10:38:28 am
      I get the feeling this thread is going to become well used. Impressive display from the lanky git.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      heimdall

• 7,189 posts | 1360 
      Reply #3: Jul 09, 2016 11:17:43 am
      I like what I'm seeing, he looks very very comfortable on the ball with an eye for a pass.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,240 posts | 987 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Jul 09, 2016 12:37:56 pm
      Reading a good many reviews of last nights game and it's scary how many people are hyping this kid up. It was a pre season conditioning game against a non league team and some are saying he's pogba/toure

Let's calm it down on the lad. Let him come in under the radar and develop with no pressure. Every chance he'll be like plessis as there is Pogba
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #5: Jul 09, 2016 12:44:38 pm
      Reading a good many reviews of last nights game and it's scary how many people are hyping this kid up. It was a pre season conditioning game against a non league team and some are saying he's pogba/toure

Let's calm it down on the lad. Let him come in under the radar and develop with no pressure. Every chance he'll be like plessis as there is Pogba

Some are a bit OTT :D. I had no idea they were non-league, thought they were league 2.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,502 posts | 2050 
      Reply #6: Jul 09, 2016 01:02:44 pm

Pogba has nothing on Ejaria! #ovieforbalondor

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,240 posts | 987 
      Reply #7: Jul 09, 2016 01:15:09 pm
      Pogba has nothing on Ejaria! #ovieforbalondor

Will we let him go for nothing then try to buy him back for 100 million? 😳 😂
      artaylor
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,942 posts | 265 
      Reply #8: Jul 09, 2016 04:48:58 pm
      Hate overhyping these youngsters too, but this kid looks head and shoulders (literally and metaphorically) above the rest in his age group.

As you say Brian it's just as likely he could turn out more Plessis than Pogba, but from what I've seen of him in his age group fixtures and also last night, he's got a promising future ahead of him, hopefully he'll continue to improve this year and perhaps this time next year we'll be talking about a potential first team debut.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #9: Jul 09, 2016 05:26:21 pm

He stood out not just because of his size, his movement and quick passing, he had ideas. Tranmere were lunging in all over the place and the tempo was fast enough, they were playing like Wimbledon the scruffy meffs. Pogba wouldn't of stood out as much because he hardly does anything.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,843 posts | 2973 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #10: Jul 09, 2016 07:02:34 pm
      I don't watch as much of the young lads as I should but I've kept an eye on this lad as I seen him on the Liverpool to Euston in January 15. Didn't know who he was but he was in full LFC tracksuit so I had to investigate who he was in the club site.

Really like him. Cool on the ball, skillful whilst he does the simple passes well. Imagine his build when he's fully developed.

Hopefully he will continue to progress.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,966 posts | 2368 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2016 01:27:26 am
      As progress goes, he did as well as we could've expected.

Well done!
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #12: Jul 11, 2016 12:32:57 pm
      Been awhile since I've been this impressed after seeing a youth player for the first time
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2016 02:30:56 am
      Kid has great ball control but did tend to disappear from games not unlike Ojo.If he can keep his head in the game there's real potential.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #14: Jul 12, 2016 09:54:58 am
      Kid has great ball control but did tend to disappear from games not unlike Ojo.If he can keep his head in the game there's real potential.

Give him chance, he's just a kid trying to find his feet.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,933 posts | 642 
      Reply #15: Jul 17, 2016 07:26:25 pm
      this lad looks like he is ready now.  I'd start him in midfield alongside Can and Grujic, if we don't bring in any more CMs.

And please don't start with the "he's too young" bollocks, if you're good enough you're old enough, it's not like he's a child anyway, he'll be 19 in November, we brought in Henderson at 20 and Ejaria is already light years better than him.

Can't wait to see how he does this season.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,136 posts | 1250 
      Reply #16: Jul 17, 2016 07:48:12 pm
      this lad looks like he is ready now.  I'd start him in midfield alongside Can and Grujic, if we don't bring in any more CMs.

Give it two weeks and you'll be saying he's horseshit.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,518 posts | 255 
      Reply #17: Jul 17, 2016 07:51:46 pm

hahahahahaha
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #18: Jul 17, 2016 08:21:39 pm

And please don't start with the "he's too young" bollocks, if you're good enough you're old enough, it's not like he's a child anyway, he'll be 19 in November, we brought in Henderson at 20 and Ejaria is already light years better than him.

Prime example of how friendlies create absurd expectations.
      LondonRed83

• 7,639 posts | 749 
      Reply #19: Jul 17, 2016 08:45:02 pm

Hope he does take Henderson's spot
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Jul 17, 2016 08:50:36 pm

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,058 posts | 3122 
      Reply #21: Jul 18, 2016 12:03:33 am
      Shouldn't it be "an" attention whore?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #22: Jul 18, 2016 12:05:38 am
      Shouldn't it be "an" attention whore?

I think so, I just found it on google though. Couldn't be bothered to correct it :D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,933 posts | 642 
      Reply #23: Jul 18, 2016 12:06:50 am

Well if he plays poorly he'll have an excuse; he's got zero league experience.

What was Henderson's excuse?  He'd already played three league seasons before coming to us.  And he was still rubbish.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #24: Jul 18, 2016 12:11:38 am

What was Henderson's excuse?  He'd already played three league seasons before coming to us.  And he was still rubbish.

Seriously, you've been coming up with all sorts of ways to bash Henderson since the second he joined. We get that you don't rate him, you don't have to keep going on about it ffs. You was even bashing him when he got 7 goals and 15 assists in the 2014/15 season. 

It amazes me that you see it as OK that everybody else can have a bad game or season yet Henderson isn't allowed a bad 10 minutes. It's gotten tiresome, bash some f**ker else at least.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #25: Jul 18, 2016 12:13:56 am

Translating: Ejaria's already better than Henderson but if in this end this bold, attention seeking statement comes out as rubbish (again) I have a ready made excuse. In fact I didn't actually meant what I said, I just said it for effect.

Grow up federer.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,933 posts | 642 
      Reply #26: Jul 18, 2016 01:34:11 am
      Translating: Ejaria's already better than Henderson but if in this end this bold, attention seeking statement comes out as rubbish (again) I have a ready made excuse. In fact I didn't actually meant what I said, I just said it for effect.

What is it exactly that you think I said that was so "bold"?

I said he looks very classy, I think we should start him alongside Can and Grujic if no one else comes in, and I can't wait to see how he does this season.  Is that really "bold"?! 

You act as if I said "HE WILL WIN THE BALLON D'OR THIS SEASON."  I just said that he's better than our current midfield options of Milner and Henderson.  And that's really not saying much at all, you know that as well as I do.

crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,966 posts | 2368 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Jul 18, 2016 02:12:55 am
      Brannagan starts well before he does.

As has been said:

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Jul 18, 2016 01:04:05 pm
      I said he looks very classy, I think we should start him alongside Can and Grujic if no one else comes in, and I can't wait to see how he does this season.  Is that really "bold"?!

That's really the only thing you've said? Really? Seriously?

That's why you're so clearly such an attention whore: you're backing away from the stuff you've just said and we haven't even left the same thread page. God knows what your opinions on the matter will be in six months. Whatever catches the most attention, probably.

he'll be 19 in November, we brought in Henderson at 20 and Ejaria is already light years better than him.

And here I ask you a very direct question: how many times have you watched Ejaria play?
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #29: Jul 18, 2016 04:05:33 pm
      From the game I saw, this kid is class.

And like someone just said if you are good enough u are old enough

How old was Michael Owen when he started, Stevie??? when they made their debut.

Not saying he is Pogba but if we don't give these youngsters their chance then he could be a Pogba whom we might be willing to part with 100 million quid to get back just because we think he is too young to play.

Form is temporary Class is permanent, and this lad is a class player along with Woodburn.

Hope to see more of the lad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,058 posts | 3122 
      Reply #30: Jul 18, 2016 04:26:59 pm
      Fed never gets excited about our players and gets ragged for it, now he's excited about one of our players and he's ragged for it. Certainly doesn't help himself sometimes but he can't win :D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #31: Jul 18, 2016 04:28:29 pm
      Give him chance, he's just a kid trying to find his feet.

Not basing on preseason games,i was talking about his games for the u-18's.He grew into his ability as it were,same with ojo.Playing at a higher level he may not get the same results on the ball but he can't let that get into his head.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #32: Jul 18, 2016 04:38:27 pm
      Fed never gets excited about our players and gets ragged for it, now he's excited about one of our players and he's ragged for it. Certainly doesn't help himself sometimes but he can't win :D

It's not just being excited about a young player though, he has to add bullshit to it by saying things like he's miles better than Henderson already, he should replace Henderson as one of the 2 mids in the starting 11 etc.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #33: Jul 18, 2016 04:41:07 pm
      Thing with young players is that you know. From the first touch you can tell which one is class and the ones that would grow with the game.

Not all prospects make it to become great, but the beautiful thing about the game is for prospect to even make it to first team games in a premiership team is already an achievement, talk less of having a premier league career before we start discussion legend status.

So yes i'm one of the few ones that get excited when I see a new prospect, its something for me to dream about, something new to follow, a new career I hope would pan out to be the next Stevie G, not one of those who believe solely in signing big names, cos every big name started small from somewhere.

So please excuse the scouts in some of us that makes us excited when we see what we hope to be the next best thing in the game.

That's why the game is so romantic.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,058 posts | 3122 
      Reply #34: Jul 18, 2016 04:46:36 pm
      It's not just being excited about a young player though, he has to add bullshit to it by saying things like he's miles better than Henderson already, he should replace Henderson as one of the 2 mids in the starting 11 etc.

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone likes Hendo, or Sakho, or Lallana, or Moreno, etc......

For me personally Henderson is frustrating. I so badly want him to step up and be our next Stevie G type player but he is so inconsistent.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Reply #35: Jul 18, 2016 08:38:24 pm

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #36: Jul 19, 2016 07:13:02 am

Not basing on preseason games,i was talking about his games for the u-18's.He grew into his ability as it were,same with ojo.Playing at a higher level he may not get the same results on the ball but he can't let that get into his head.

It's either you have it or you don't. Ovie is improving and can do it our level, just give him time. Even Klopp was saying this!
      Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #37: Jul 19, 2016 07:33:10 am
      I am VERY excited by this kid and fancy him to break into the first team squad this season. He has been excellent in all three pre-season games so far. His touch is superb, he has got really quick feet and close ball control, he turns well and is always looking to play the ball forwards. He has also shown he has the strength to hold it up with his back to goal. I really like him, he looks like a creative player who can break the lines and make things happen. We don't have anyone like that in our current group of CMs. Can he tackle, shoot and head a ball? We'll see but I really like him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #38: Jul 19, 2016 08:09:46 am
      Bloody hell talk about over hyping give the kid a chance.

And besides you do realise these have been meaningless friendlies, it's a world away from the pace and intensity of facing a PL player.
      Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #39: Jul 19, 2016 11:30:02 pm
      Bloody hell talk about over hyping give the kid a chance.

And besides you do realise these have been meaningless friendlies, it's a world away from the pace and intensity of facing a PL player.

It's not like the lad is reading the thread is it? What's not to get excited about, he has looked very impressive, everyone gets excited if a new signing comes in and looks the part in pre-season so I don't see why it should be any different for one of the youngsters?

Besides, our centre-midfield is fookin shi...te so it's not wonder a few of us are getting excited when we see a player who cope offer an alternative to the industrial workmanlike performances we can expect from the incumbents in that role.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 33 
      Reply #40: Jul 21, 2016 08:21:46 am
      Saw highlights of yesterday's friendly match against Huddersfield, this lad seemed to get a bit of airtime.

Can anyone provide an objective review of his performance pending when I see the full match?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,399 posts | 1971 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2016 07:46:35 am
      And here I ask you a very direct question: how many times have you watched Ejaria play?

Why am I not surprised a week has passed and federer couldn't answer a very simple question such as this? Too busy seeking attention elsewhere, this one has gone cold it seems...
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #42: Jul 25, 2016 12:03:16 pm
      Can someone please add "Player Thread" after Ovie's name?

It's driving  me mad ;D
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #43: Jul 26, 2016 11:54:59 am
      Can someone please add "Player Thread" after Ovie's name?

It's driving  me mad ;D

Bump!
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #44: Jul 27, 2016 09:41:10 am

Bump again -  the interest in poor Ovie has certainly dropped a lot
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #45: Jul 28, 2016 09:14:49 am
      Bump again  - can also add Taiwo Awoniyi to my list
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #46: Jul 28, 2016 10:53:18 am
      Bump again  - can also add Taiwo Awoniyi to my list

No interest dropped from my end mate he was by far our stand out player against Chelsea. He looked like he could really play a few notches higher too. I mean that in terms of his team-mates dropping to a slower pace. I think he's got the brain for it and the ability looks there to match, very exciting young player this.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #47: Jul 28, 2016 06:25:45 pm
      No interest dropped from my end mate he was by far our stand out player against Chelsea. He looked like he could really play a few notches higher too. I mean that in terms of his team-mates dropping to a slower pace. I think he's got the brain for it and the ability looks there to match, very exciting young player this.

The one moment in the first half when he got away from the Chelsea midfielder and waltzed past 2 or 3 Chelsea players with excellent close footwork and control showed he can do that at a higher level.

Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Re: Ovie Ejaria Player Thread
      Reply #48: Jul 28, 2016 07:34:10 pm
      No drop in interest from me that's for sure, I didn't see the game but the first thing I did when I got home from work today was jump onto YouTube and type in Ejaria vs Chelsea (see below). By far the most exciting thing about our pre-season thus far. Telling that he appears to be the only Academy youngster to get a start in this one? I frickin hope that Jürgen is considering using the lad from the outset this season. I wouldn't be sending him back to the Academy to play under 21s, this kid needs to go right into the squad. Love the way he ghosts past players.

He will need to cut out the silly drag backs and tricks when he is receiving the ball under pressure as the deepest lying midfielder as he did at one point in this game, particularly when things are more frenetic in a real game BUT he is incredibly promising and has been the standout player of our pre-season so far. I'm eager to see if the lad has a shot on him, I'd like to see him swing the boot at a couple.

https://youtu.be/K_RxhUuHKFQ

Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #49: Jul 29, 2016 01:41:50 pm
      Bump again -  the interest in poor Ovie has certainly dropped a lot

It has, I am so excited by this kid, I'm surprised he isn't getting more of a mention. If we had just signed this lad in the summer I am certain he would be getting a lot more attention
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #50: Jul 29, 2016 04:01:09 pm
      It has, I am so excited by this kid, I'm surprised he isn't getting more of a mention. If we had just signed this lad in the summer I am certain he would be getting a lot more attention

I think everyone's pretty wary about getting overly excited about our younger guys. A good majority of players this age, and even older for us (up to 23), have collapsed for us after showing preseasons as good or even better than Ejaria has shown this far.

Suso, Joao Carlos Teixeira, Rossiter, Conor Coady, Robinson, Pacheco, etc...

Not many have actually made it through recently, especially considering how excited we've all gotten for some of these guys who rarely even get more than a few chances in actual meaningful games before they're shipped off. Tough to generate any real sustainable excitement about it anymore over them, for me at least.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #51: Jul 29, 2016 05:24:32 pm
      It's not so much that interest has dropped but people have to be realistic about the situation. We currently play a 4-2-3-1 and there are 5 or 6 players in front of him in the pecking order. I don't expect him to get an awful lot of game time in the first team this season. Of course he'll be in and around the first team squad for training and stuff but IMO he should be in the under-21's for games.

He still has developing to do and the only way for him to develop is to take what he's learnt with the first team into regular game situations. It's not as though there's any rush to force him into the first team. If it happens then it happens but if not then it certainly won't do him any harm.

Edit: I forgot to add that in the Echo it's said that the Nigeria manager is looking to give him an international call up in September should Ejaria decide to commit to Nigeria over England.
      Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #52: Jul 30, 2016 09:18:33 pm
      I think everyone's pretty wary about getting overly excited about our younger guys. A good majority of players this age, and even older for us (up to 23), have collapsed for us after showing preseasons as good or even better than Ejaria has shown this far.

Suso, Joao Carlos Teixeira, Rossiter, Conor Coady, Robinson, Pacheco, etc...

Not many have actually made it through recently, especially considering how excited we've all gotten for some of these guys who rarely even get more than a few chances in actual meaningful games before they're shipped off. Tough to generate any real sustainable excitement about it anymore over them, for me at least.

It's a good point, I was pretty excited about Suso when he was coming through the youth ranks and I still think Rossiter has a lot of promise. I can't say I got too excited about the others. I'd forgotten all about Jack Robinson! I think this kid can be better than the lot of them though.

It's not so much that interest has dropped but people have to be realistic about the situation. We currently play a 4-2-3-1 and there are 5 or 6 players in front of him in the pecking order. I don't expect him to get an awful lot of game time in the first team this season. Of course he'll be in and around the first team squad for training and stuff but IMO he should be in the under-21's for games.

If the likes of Henderson, Can and Milner trot out the 6/10 & 7/10 performances that we have seen for the past two seasons I would have no problem throwing this lad in to see what he can do. I guess it will all depend on what Jürgen thinks of his centre midfield.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #53: Jul 30, 2016 09:51:20 pm
      and around the first team squad for training and stuff but IMO he should be in the under-21's for games.

He still has developing to do and the only way for him to develop is to take what he's learnt with the first team into regular game situations. It's not as though there's any rush to force him into the first team. If it happens then it happens but if not then it certainly won't do him any harm.

Edit: I forgot to add that in the Echo it's said that the Nigeria manager is looking to give him an international call up in September should Ejaria decide to commit to Nigeria over England.

And at the first sign of a bad performance he'll be jumped on, chewed up and spat back out by those that have zero patience. It happened with the likes of Chirivella & at times Stewart last season. 

There's seriously no rush to force him into the team. He's played well in a few friendlies, people need to calm their sh*t down :D.
      Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #54: Jul 30, 2016 10:02:28 pm
      And at the first sign of a bad performance he'll be jumped on, chewed up and spat back out by those that have zero patience. It happened with the likes of Chirivella & at times Stewart last season. 

There's seriously no rush to force him into the team. He's played well in a few friendlies, people need to calm their sh*t down :D.

Hey it's a game of opinions, our midfield is incredibly average and this kid looks a real talent. Kevin Stewart got jumped on because he is a million miles from being good enough. With a bit of luck Wjinaldum will prove to be the answer but if not I really like what Ejaria brings to the table.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #55: Jul 30, 2016 10:26:41 pm

I agree, there is no rush to force him into the team, and people who are excited about him do need to calm their sh*t down (people like me), but who can blame us with the amount of technical mediocrity we have seen in our midfield for the last few seasons? :p

I'm with Scottbot on this, I think this kid looks fantastic, technically very good, composed and for an 18 yr old, has a good build. I'm f**king excited and want to see him given a lot of game time, nurturing him into professional football and embedded into the team as quick as possible :D

Him and Wjinaldum will be a breath of fresh air in the midfield, can't wait!
      andylfcynwa

• 7,221 posts | 638 
      Reply #56: Jul 31, 2016 01:59:35 am

Do you mean the same way we calmed it down when Stevie broke through ,fck all wrong being excited about the next star lets just hope he is .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #57: Jul 31, 2016 11:36:26 am
      I get that people are excited by what Ovie has shown recently but seriously folks, he barely bossed it at u18s level last season and is still to establish himself in the u21s now 23s. 

Players at this age can have huge jumps in development from nowhere, then seemingly fail to maintain it, never mind continue that development curve.  Leave him be to come to terms with what he's done before pushing him to a level he's not yet ready or mentally prepared for.

I'm absolutely positive that when and if Jürgen thinks it's time for him to play at senior level, he'll play and there's no point putting unnecessary pressure on him to be the answer to all our midfield woes at 18 years of age.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #58: Jul 31, 2016 11:51:32 am
      Do you mean the same way we calmed it down when Stevie broke through ,fck all wrong being excited about the next star lets just hope he is .

Did I say there was anything wrong? After 2 pre-season performances Fed was saying how he should be our starting CM, that's the sh*t we need to avoid. A fair number of fans these days can't seem to be excited and realistic at the same time. All you ever see is how they're going to be the next this or that after 1 game. There were people seriously comparing him to f**king Pogba!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: Jul 31, 2016 11:52:44 am
      I get that people are excited by what Ovie has shown recently but seriously folks, he barely bossed it at u18s level last season and is still to establish himself in the u21s now 23s. 

Players at this age can have huge jumps in development from nowhere, then seemingly fail to maintain it, never mind continue that development curve.  Leave him be to come to terms with what he's done before pushing him to a level he's not yet ready or mentally prepared for.

I'm absolutely positive that when and if Jürgen thinks it's time for him to play at senior level, he'll play and there's no point putting unnecessary pressure on him to be the answer to all our midfield woes at 18 years of age.

Yeah that's all true and I do get the feeling that Ovie may only get the odd appearance in the league cup to begin with but.....

He's bloody good though isn't he??!!??!! When's he starting??!!??!! :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,843 posts | 2973 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #60: Jul 31, 2016 12:01:47 pm
      Worth reading the Pep Ljinders  (probably wrong spelling) interview that Danzel (possibly wrong spelling again :) ) put up yesterday in his thread.

Some interesting stuff regarding Ovie.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #61: Jul 31, 2016 12:03:00 pm
      Yeah that's all true and I do get the feeling that Ovie may only get the odd appearance in the league cup to begin with but.....

He's bloody good though isn't he??!!??!! When's he starting??!!??!! :D

I agree mate but think about this for one second - there's a reason he didn't have his own player thread until he played that 1st pre season game, that reason being that he'd failed ever to play well enough or consistently enough at Youth level to warrant one.

He's come from nowhere, a bit like Rashford for the scum.  He was never one to be raved over as one for the future and he could very easily disappear again just as quickly. 

He has plenty of time on his side, there really is no need to put him in spotlight of the PL before he's come to terms with the jump in quality he's just delivered.

He will get games or at least minutes if he continues at that level or better in training and with the u23s but fan expectation can kill him at this stage.
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,718 posts | 95 
      Reply #62: Jul 31, 2016 12:19:04 pm
      I remember Fabregas breaking into the Arsenal first time at the age of 16 and staying there until his move away.

If a player is genuinly good enough, they should be involved around the first team, no matter their age. Would love to see Ejaria start the cup games and the odd first team game too - maybe more if the other midfielders slack.
      andylfcynwa

• 7,221 posts | 638 
      Reply #63: Jul 31, 2016 12:28:35 pm
      Did I say there was anything wrong? After 2 pre-season performances Fed was saying how he should be our starting CM, that's the sh*t we need to avoid. A fair number of fans these days can't seem to be excited and realistic at the same time. All you ever see is how they're going to be the next this or that after 1 game. There were people seriously comparing him to f**king Pogba!

Agree with that there is a fine line between  getting excited about a player and going completely over the top , I do thing klopp will give him game time and let him develop into the player we all hope he can be .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #64: Jul 31, 2016 05:26:12 pm
      I agree mate but think about this for one second - there's a reason he didn't have his own player thread until he played that 1st pre season game, that reason being that he'd failed ever to play well enough or consistently enough at Youth level to warrant one.

He's come from nowhere, a bit like Rashford for the scum.  He was never one to be raved over as one for the future and he could very easily disappear again just as quickly. 

He has plenty of time on his side, there really is no need to put him in spotlight of the PL before he's come to terms with the jump in quality he's just delivered.

He will get games or at least minutes if he continues at that level or better in training and with the u23s but fan expectation can kill him at this stage.

For all my joking above Debs I honestly 100% agree with you and as for your knowledge of our youth footy I take your word as gospel.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #65: Jul 31, 2016 06:16:49 pm
      For all my joking above Debs I honestly 100% agree with you and as for your knowledge of our youth footy I take your word as gospel.

Well he surprised me mate so that shows how much I know  :D
      heimdall

• 7,189 posts | 1360 
      Reply #66: Jul 31, 2016 07:59:59 pm
      I'd like to see him given games by Klopp and hopefully gear him slowly up for  next season, if trained and taught well he could be a wonderful player for us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #67: Aug 01, 2016 11:30:29 am
      Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #68: Sep 21, 2016 06:32:02 am
      Chuffed to see Ovie get his competitive debut for LFC last night following his promotion to the bench for the Chelsea game. This kid is too good not to force his way into the managers thinking this season
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #69: Oct 08, 2016 04:11:20 pm
      Got an assist on his England u20s debut in the 3-1 defeat of Germany.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #70: Oct 10, 2016 09:58:57 pm
      Scored the first goal for England u20s in the 2-0 win against the USA.  Been a good tournament for Ovie, keep it up lad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #71: Oct 10, 2016 10:11:05 pm
      It seems he's following on from Ojo's performances in a tournament during the summer(?).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #72: Oct 10, 2016 10:21:57 pm
      It seems he's following on from Ojo's performances in a tournament during the summer(?).

The way our midfielders are dropping like flies, he could find himself on the bench next Monday.  2 of the 3 injured, just Hendo to go now and he could be playing  ;D

I know, I know, we've got Can, Grujic, Lucas, Milner, Cou who can all come in but fs, we no sooner get a decent midfield sorted and within a week or so it all falls apart.  At least Can got a full 90 under his belt yesterday.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #73: Oct 10, 2016 10:34:13 pm
      The way our midfielders are dropping like flies, he could find himself on the bench next Monday.  2 of the 3 injured, just Hendo to go now and he could be playing  ;D

I know, I know, we've got Can, Grujic, Lucas, Milner, Cou who can all come in but fs, we no sooner get a decent midfield sorted and within a week or so it all falls apart.  At least Can got a full 90 under his belt yesterday.

F**k sake, had no idea Wijnaldum had picked up a hamstring injury. It happens during every single international break, pisses me off.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #74: Oct 10, 2016 10:45:11 pm
      F**k sake, had no idea Wijnaldum had picked up a hamstring injury. It happens during every single international break, pisses me off.

Yep I mockered him mate after saying he should poleaxe the pog  :mad:
      Scottbot

• 6,967 posts | 1057 
      Reply #75: Oct 26, 2016 11:08:49 pm
      Was a tough game for Ovie last night particularly in the first half when there was zero time on the ball and he got bullied somewhat. He did show a few glimpses of quality when he moved inside though and I'm certain that is more suited to a central role where his quick feet are most suited. Needs to work on his strength and conditioning on last night's evidence though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #76: Nov 22, 2016 06:18:08 pm
      Played well again on Sunday so looking forward to seeing his involvement next week against Leeds.

Explained: The experiences inspiring Ejaria's progress

Chris Shaw
      @shawct

It's a telling sign of Ovie Ejaria's progress that a recent two-week period saw the Liverpool midfielder make his Anfield debut, play in a Premier League game and travel to South Korea for an international tournament.

A handful of pre-season opportunities for Jürgen Klopp’s Reds had served notice of the 19-year-old’s potential during the summer, with his physical prowess, calm touch and strong mentality on show.

But the target for Ejaria when the campaign started remained to establish himself as a key man for Michael Beale’s U23s and further build on an encouraging couple of years at the Academy.

The former Arsenal starlet knew the perils of looking too far ahead.  He knew more hard work would be asked of him to ensure his development didn’t stop.  He knew Klopp would be watching.

And so it proved.

Ejaria was introduced as a substitute at Derby County in the EFL Cup for his first senior appearance and then earned a maiden start when Tottenham Hotspur visited in the fourth round.

The England youth international lined up in midfield alongside Marko Grujic, Kevin Stewart and Georginio Wijnaldum – with the latter later commenting on how the less experienced trio around him had exhibited no nerves.

“It’s going really well in and around the first team, I’m really enjoying it and hopefully I can stay there if I keep doing well,” Ejaria told Liverpoolfc.com.

On Sunday afternoon, he was on duty for the U23s as they welcomed Reading to Prenton Park for a Premier League 2 fixture that they were in control of for long periods.

He was at the centre of plenty of productive play en route to a 2-0 victory for the young Reds, which was achieved courtesy of goals in either half from Mamadou Sakho and Ben Woodburn.

And after the final whistle, the London-born youngster explained why the role he is currently being given by Beale allows his talents to affect matches.

Ejaria said: “He lets me play with a lot of freedom, and I do well when I’m playing with freedom. It’s really good and I’m enjoying it.

“I was getting a lot of the ball and creating chances [against Reading]. I was trying to score as well, which is something I’m trying to add to my game.

“It was really good, especially in the first half. We should have been three or four up. But we dug in second half and got the win.”

His poise was the catalyst for the opener, as he fashioned a one-two and saw a low shot towards the bottom corner pushed into the path of Sakho for a rebound.

“Ovie stamped his authority on the game early on, didn’t he?” Beale reflected.

Elsewhere, a new avenue for Ejaria’s advancement has also been found with the England U20 side, including a trip to Asia earlier this month for a four-team international tournament.

“A really good experience,” was his measured description of the long-haul journey across the world, where he featured in two games and scored one goal.

That opportunity followed a fine strike for the Young Lions in a meeting with USA the previous month, as they prepare for the U20 World Cup next year.

“When we saw Ejaria initially, you could see he was a lad with really good technical ability and he was one who was going to come through,” said former Liverpool striker David Fairclough in analysing his progress on Sunday.

“This season, he has come through really strongly.  Jürgen Klopp involved him, [Trent] Alexander-Arnold and Woodburn in pre-season, and I think they all gained a lot of experience from it and a lot of confidence as well.

“They have just all got to build on that now.  But clearly they are three Jürgen Klopp thinks could become really good players in the fullness of time.”

On a seperate note it seems the England Youth set up are determined to break our best players. 

After ruining Rossiter when he was played 3 times in less than a week, they've gone and done exactly the same with TAA. 

3 games in 5 days, again!!  Fair enough he's not injured himself doing so but are they really that f**king useless that they think this is acceptable?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #77: Nov 22, 2016 06:40:43 pm
      Played well again on Sunday so looking forward to seeing his involvement next week against Leeds.

Explained: The experiences inspiring Ejaria's progress

Chris Shaw
      @shawct

It's a telling sign of Ovie Ejaria's progress that a recent two-week period saw the Liverpool midfielder make his Anfield debut, play in a Premier League game and travel to South Korea for an international tournament.

A handful of pre-season opportunities for Jürgen Klopp’s Reds had served notice of the 19-year-old’s potential during the summer, with his physical prowess, calm touch and strong mentality on show.

But the target for Ejaria when the campaign started remained to establish himself as a key man for Michael Beale’s U23s and further build on an encouraging couple of years at the Academy.

The former Arsenal starlet knew the perils of looking too far ahead.  He knew more hard work would be asked of him to ensure his development didn’t stop.  He knew Klopp would be watching.

And so it proved.

Ejaria was introduced as a substitute at Derby County in the EFL Cup for his first senior appearance and then earned a maiden start when Tottenham Hotspur visited in the fourth round.

The England youth international lined up in midfield alongside Marko Grujic, Kevin Stewart and Georginio Wijnaldum – with the latter later commenting on how the less experienced trio around him had exhibited no nerves.

“It’s going really well in and around the first team, I’m really enjoying it and hopefully I can stay there if I keep doing well,” Ejaria told Liverpoolfc.com.

On Sunday afternoon, he was on duty for the U23s as they welcomed Reading to Prenton Park for a Premier League 2 fixture that they were in control of for long periods.

He was at the centre of plenty of productive play en route to a 2-0 victory for the young Reds, which was achieved courtesy of goals in either half from Mamadou Sakho and Ben Woodburn.

And after the final whistle, the London-born youngster explained why the role he is currently being given by Beale allows his talents to affect matches.

Ejaria said: “He lets me play with a lot of freedom, and I do well when I’m playing with freedom. It’s really good and I’m enjoying it.

“I was getting a lot of the ball and creating chances [against Reading]. I was trying to score as well, which is something I’m trying to add to my game.

“It was really good, especially in the first half. We should have been three or four up. But we dug in second half and got the win.”

His poise was the catalyst for the opener, as he fashioned a one-two and saw a low shot towards the bottom corner pushed into the path of Sakho for a rebound.

“Ovie stamped his authority on the game early on, didn’t he?” Beale reflected.

Elsewhere, a new avenue for Ejaria’s advancement has also been found with the England U20 side, including a trip to Asia earlier this month for a four-team international tournament.

“A really good experience,” was his measured description of the long-haul journey across the world, where he featured in two games and scored one goal.

That opportunity followed a fine strike for the Young Lions in a meeting with USA the previous month, as they prepare for the U20 World Cup next year.

“When we saw Ejaria initially, you could see he was a lad with really good technical ability and he was one who was going to come through,” said former Liverpool striker David Fairclough in analysing his progress on Sunday.

“This season, he has come through really strongly.  Jürgen Klopp involved him, [Trent] Alexander-Arnold and Woodburn in pre-season, and I think they all gained a lot of experience from it and a lot of confidence as well.

“They have just all got to build on that now.  But clearly they are three Jürgen Klopp thinks could become really good players in the fullness of time.”

On a seperate note it seems the England Youth set up are determined to break our best players. 

After ruining Rossiter when he was played 3 times in less than a week, they've gone and done exactly the same with TAA. 

3 games in 5 days, again!!  Fair enough he's not injured himself doing so but are they really that f**king useless that they think this is acceptable?

A horrible horrible incestuous setup is the England setup. Just found out that creep Aidy Boothroyd only got in his positions as U19 and U21 coach because he was "technical director" Dan Ashworth's best man at his wedding.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,375 posts | 317 
      Reply #78: Nov 22, 2016 06:44:33 pm
      A horrible horrible incestuous setup is the England setup. Just found out that creep Aidy Boothroyd only got in his positions as U19 and U21 coach because he was "technical director" Dan Ashworth's best man at his wedding.

Don't think that's the only reason
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #79: Nov 22, 2016 07:10:09 pm
      Don't think that's the only reason

Didn't ask for your hot air pal.

The point I was making is underlining just how unqualified/poor the coaches in the England youth setup are and how they aren't even there on merit. So don't expect them to handle our players well.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #80: Nov 22, 2016 07:15:06 pm

It seems Dan Ashworth has had a lot of influence over recent England recruitment, (I know it's part of his job) most of it based on his associations with West Brom.  That bastion of footballing excellence that has won so much over the last.................... ..when did they win anything?

Aidy Boothroyd.  Keith Downing.  Roy Hodgson.  All ex Baggies coaches/managers, all gone on to become senior personnel within the England set up. 

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #81: Nov 22, 2016 07:36:39 pm
      And the FA wonders why so many clubs withdraw their players from different age groups. Inept fuckers!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #82: Nov 22, 2016 07:42:54 pm
      It seems Dan Ashworth has had a lot of influence over recent England recruitment, (I know it's part of his job) most of it based on his associations with West Brom.  That bastion of footballing excellence that has won so much over the last.................... ..when did they win anything?

Aidy Boothroyd.  Keith Downing.  Roy Hodgson.  All ex Baggies coaches/managers, all gone on to become senior personnel within the England set up. 

He's an absolute gimp of a man. It beggars belief how West Brom's technical director then gets to influence the direction of football within England. I think the clubs have done a lot to produce some very talented English youngsters of late but all that considered I have never seen the national game in a poorer state. All the good work they do with their clubs gets thrown into the mincer that is the England setup where they are taught some trite out of date football and treated with a shocking disregard for their own fitness. That Ashworth continues to posture in his role with no credentials, that he remains totally unaccountable for the failings and mistreatment of players across the last few years is astonishing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #83: Nov 22, 2016 08:17:12 pm
      He's an absolute gimp of a man. It beggars belief how West Brom's technical director then gets to influence the direction of football within England. I think the clubs have done a lot to produce some very talented English youngsters of late but all that considered I have never seen the national game in a poorer state. All the good work they do with their clubs gets thrown into the mincer that is the England setup where they are taught some trite out of date football and treated with a shocking disregard for their own fitness. That Ashworth continues to posture in his role with no credentials, that he remains totally unaccountable for the failings and mistreatment of players across the last few years is astonishing.

It's a weird one mate. 

We've all been discussing how Stevie G should start at the Academy, coaching the kids and gaining experience with them before thinking of going into management but there's a world of difference between coaching and developing young players and managing seasoned pros. 

We have some amazing youth coaches in our Academy, coaches that have worked with young players for years and worked at some of the best Academy's in Europe yet the England youth coaches are washed up, has beens that maybe had a couple of years at youth level, whilst doing their badges, after finishing their playing careers before moving onto lower league management jobs and failing miserably.

Cheltenham, West Brom, Watford, Colchester, Coventry and Northampton are where these guys plied their trade in management before being recruited to the England jobs.  How on earth can these guys instill anything worthwhile into talented young players that train with some of the best around on a daily basis?

As for Ashworth, this is his illustrious footballing history from his wiki page

Dan Ashworth is an English former professional footballer, who began his career at Norwich City.  He studied at the College of West Anglia from 1987-1989.

Ashworth continued to be involved with football after retiring as a player, and was appointed academy director at Peterborough United in 2000.  In 2001 he went on to become center of excellence director at Cambridge United until March 2004 went moved to West Bromwich Albion assisting youth team manager Aidy Boothroyd.  After Boothroyd's departure in the July of that year he took over as youth team manager until he was promoted to the club's sporting and technical director in December 2007.

On 17 September 2012, Ashworth was appointed as the FA director of elite development.

I have absolutely no idea how the FA think that having this lot in control of English footballs future is going to produce results.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #84: Nov 22, 2016 08:20:39 pm
      And the FA wonders why so many clubs withdraw their players from different age groups. Inept fuckers!

Exactly mate.  What's worse is that when they do withdraw, they then don't get picked again so it's hardly a wonder why so few of Englands youth team players never make it to the seniors.  They're only being played because others dropped out.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,375 posts | 317 
      Reply #85: Nov 22, 2016 08:57:59 pm
      Didn't ask for your hot air pal.

The point I was making is underlining just how unqualified/poor the coaches in the England youth setup are and how they aren't even there on merit. So don't expect them to handle our players well.

Just say that then. Aidy Boothroyd actually has a long well recognised career in youth development and managed in the PL in his mid 30s what are you expecting from an u20s manager?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #86: Nov 22, 2016 09:16:07 pm
      I thought Ejaria had hurt himself or something with all the posts in here.
                                                                     Did i miss the west brom conspiracy to get liverpool by infiltrating england and using our players? some tinfoil stuff in here.Woodburn played 3 games for wales,the teams only had an 18 man squad so as few would have to play all games and all over europe they played the same schedule.I don't like the snobbery of having a pop at coaches for not playing or coaching at a high level.Our coaching staff is mostly  from the same background.
                    Have a look at Ejaria in the highlights from the Reading game.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,077 posts | 2766 
      Reply #87: Jan 08, 2017 07:47:12 pm
      He's a good player this lad, and IMHO has probably the most chance of making it as a top level Premier League player out of the youngsters we saw today. Has a wee bit of a young Patrick Vierra about him.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #88: Jan 09, 2017 09:14:31 pm
      He's a good player this lad, and IMHO has probably the most chance of making it as a top level Premier League player out of the youngsters we saw today. Has a wee bit of a young Patrick Vierra about him.

He does!! I would actually have him ahead of Can tbh.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,240 posts | 987 
      Reply #89: Jan 28, 2017 02:44:51 pm
      Exempt from criticism today in my eyes
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,100 posts | 4579 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Jan 28, 2017 03:23:14 pm
      Exempt from criticism today in my eyes

Maybe doesn't possess loads of skill but he did try and was a lot braver than Lucas who I'm so sad to say put in the worst game I've ever seen from him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #91: Jan 30, 2017 01:33:54 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #93: Jan 30, 2017 01:59:06 pm
      Huge blow and shame for the lad. Hopefully he comes back stronger. Not sure how much he'd have featured from this point on with us blowing our chances in the cups. 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,321 posts | 103 
      Reply #94: Jan 30, 2017 02:56:24 pm
      Get well soon Ovie.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #95: Jan 30, 2017 03:57:03 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #96: Feb 01, 2017 08:15:18 pm
      Was going out on loan to Leeds for the rest of the season before he did his ankle.

Would have been a great loan for him too, what a f**ker!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,106 posts | 1338 
      Reply #97: Feb 01, 2017 08:43:16 pm
      Was going out on loan to Leeds for the rest of the season before he did his ankle.

Would have been a great loan for him too, what a f**ker!!

Ouch. Hopefully he gets the opportunity next season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #98: Feb 01, 2017 08:54:49 pm
      Ouch. Hopefully he gets the opportunity next season.

Not sure he will mate, he'll be eligible to play in the CL Youth Trophy when we qualify, I'd prefer him and the others to stay and gain that experience but you never know.

As is always the case though, injuries, even short term ones, at the wrong moment can really damage a youngsters chance to progress.  Yesil being a case in point.

Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Reply #99: May 26, 2017 11:12:28 pm
      Just watched a recording of the England match vs. South Korea today and Ovie was excellent. His midfield play, the little touches, moving out of trouble, finding the open teammate to pass to, were all quite good. His ability to turn under pressure is also advanced. He did miss a good chance to score and a couple of times he was guilty of trying to dribble through players and giving the ball away, but I thought he was one of the better players out there (entertaining match, too - much more enjoyable to watch than any England full national team game I've seen in a while).

Ojo came on late and created a couple of chances with good wing play and crossing. Looking forward to seeing how involved these two can be for us this coming season.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,845 posts | 1367 
      Reply #100: May 27, 2017 12:26:47 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2u6muCCTVo

Look at that awareness and composure, I think we could have something special here.

Ojo came on late and created a couple of chances with good wing play and crossing. Looking forward to seeing how involved these two can be for us this coming season.

I like Ojo on the left, he looks more comfortable there as mentioned before by mcarz i think.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017 12:42:43 am by PurpleMonkey »
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #101: May 27, 2017 10:56:44 am
      He is improving and I would love to see him around our bench. He has the quality to do it.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,136 posts | 1725 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #102: Nov 11, 2017 04:21:05 pm
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Reply #103: Jan 31, 2018 10:54:09 pm
      Loaned to Sunderland for the rest of the season. This is probably the loan player I am most interested in following as I think he could be a real player for us given the opportunity. Saw a decent number of first team matches last season, but nothing so far this year. Suffered an injury last spring I think. Not sure what to expect at Sunderland but hoping he can show himself as a real candidate for regular inclusion with our first team squad.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,502 posts | 2050 
      Reply #104: Jan 31, 2018 11:13:36 pm
      Loaned to Sunderland for the rest of the season. This is probably the loan player I am most interested in following as I think he could be a real player for us given the opportunity. Saw a decent number of first team matches last season, but nothing so far this year. Suffered an injury last spring I think. Not sure what to expect at Sunderland but hoping he can show himself as a real candidate for regular inclusion with our first team squad.

Our u23s would beat Sunderland, think it's a step down.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #105: Jan 31, 2018 11:17:13 pm
      F**k me,i clicked on the top of the page without looking at dates and thought he was f***in injured!That'll be a test for him  at sunderland.Gonna be a bit of a battle with our loan players keeping teams in the championship.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Reply #106: Jan 31, 2018 11:58:45 pm
      Our u23s would beat Sunderland, think it's a step down.

You  may be right in terms of relative quality, but in terms of pressure and meaningful matches, the Championship will be light years more useful to his development than the 23s at this stage.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,780 posts | 2432 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #107: Feb 01, 2018 12:25:20 am
      This is what pisses me off about being out of both English Cups. Would prefer to have seen him run around playing in those comps whilst at the same time helping the U23's win the League.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Reply #108: May 06, 2018 01:18:31 pm
      Scored his first senior goal today, for relegated-Sunderland.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,524 posts | 2528 
      Reply #109: Jun 07, 2018 12:52:07 pm
      heimdall

• 7,189 posts | 1360 
      Reply #110: Jun 07, 2018 01:03:08 pm

Good move for all concerned, the conduit between Liverpool and Rangers could be very useful for blooding some of our youngsters.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,441 posts | 1689 
      Reply #111: Jun 07, 2018 01:32:32 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,499 posts | 255 
      Reply #112: Jun 09, 2018 04:09:50 pm
      Be interesting to see how he does up there.He seems to have all the skills to be a top player but doesn't seem to control a game,almost timid? Hopefully playing in Scotland under Gerrard will give him the balls to start running a game.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,843 posts | 519 
      Re: Ovie Ejaria Player Thread (on loan at Rangers)
      Reply #113: Aug 26, 2018 01:04:28 pm
      Just scored his first goal for Rangers. Gerrard said earlier in the week that Ovie had played his best 90 minutes for them this week against Ufa in the Europa League. Don't forget about this guy.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,656 posts | 45 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #114: Aug 30, 2018 04:05:16 pm
      Scored another goal today for Rangers in their Europa league game vs Ufa but they are in tough as down a man with 45 mins left to play.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 776 posts |
      Reply #115: Aug 30, 2018 04:29:42 pm
      Scored another goal today for Rangers in their Europa league game vs Ufa but they are in tough as down a man with 45 mins left to play.

Down 2 men now, gee...
      This Rangers team really need to control themselves a bit, don't they?

Quick Reply