Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 45010 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool -> Reading)
      Jul 09, 2016 10:36:32 am
      London-born Ejaria, who moved to Merseyside from boyhood club Arsenal in 2014, made an instant impact on Klopp shortly after the manager's arrival last October.

One of the German's first acts as Liverpool boss was to watch Ejaria score the winner for the under-18s at the Academy in Kirkby.

“Obviously first impressions are important and it was a great feeling to be able to play in front of him,” said Ejaria.

“It's exciting because he's new in and everyone is trying to make a first impression on him and trying to get our way up to Melwood. Knowing that he was watching us was a great feeling.”
      Ejaria was also among a group of youngsters who travelled with Klopp and several senior members of the Liverpool squad for warm weather training in Tenerife in March.

The teenager can play both on the flank and through the middle, and his penchant for hard work and pressing has clearly caught Klopp's attention. - LiverpoolEcho

Very impressive start for the young man. Hope to see him more involved in the first team as the year goes on.

« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2020 09:08:11 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Ovie Ejaria
      Reply #2: Jul 09, 2016 11:17:43 am
      I like what I'm seeing, he looks very very comfortable on the ball with an eye for a pass.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Jul 09, 2016 12:37:56 pm
      Reading a good many reviews of last nights game and it's scary how many people are hyping this kid up. It was a pre season conditioning game against a non league team and some are saying he's pogba/toure

Let's calm it down on the lad. Let him come in under the radar and develop with no pressure. Every chance he'll be like plessis as there is Pogba
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jul 09, 2016 12:44:38 pm
      Reading a good many reviews of last nights game and it's scary how many people are hyping this kid up. It was a pre season conditioning game against a non league team and some are saying he's pogba/toure

Let's calm it down on the lad. Let him come in under the radar and develop with no pressure. Every chance he'll be like plessis as there is Pogba

Some are a bit OTT :D. I had no idea they were non-league, thought they were league 2.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Jul 09, 2016 01:02:44 pm

Pogba has nothing on Ejaria! #ovieforbalondor

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Jul 09, 2016 01:15:09 pm
      Pogba has nothing on Ejaria! #ovieforbalondor

Will we let him go for nothing then try to buy him back for 100 million? 😳 😂
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7: Jul 09, 2016 04:48:58 pm
      Hate overhyping these youngsters too, but this kid looks head and shoulders (literally and metaphorically) above the rest in his age group.

As you say Brian it's just as likely he could turn out more Plessis than Pogba, but from what I've seen of him in his age group fixtures and also last night, he's got a promising future ahead of him, hopefully he'll continue to improve this year and perhaps this time next year we'll be talking about a potential first team debut.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #8: Jul 09, 2016 05:26:21 pm

He stood out not just because of his size, his movement and quick passing, he had ideas. Tranmere were lunging in all over the place and the tempo was fast enough, they were playing like Wimbledon the scruffy meffs. Pogba wouldn't of stood out as much because he hardly does anything.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9: Jul 09, 2016 07:02:34 pm
      I don't watch as much of the young lads as I should but I've kept an eye on this lad as I seen him on the Liverpool to Euston in January 15. Didn't know who he was but he was in full LFC tracksuit so I had to investigate who he was in the club site.

Really like him. Cool on the ball, skillful whilst he does the simple passes well. Imagine his build when he's fully developed.

Hopefully he will continue to progress.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2016 01:27:26 am
      As progress goes, he did as well as we could've expected.

Well done!
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #11: Jul 11, 2016 12:32:57 pm
      Been awhile since I've been this impressed after seeing a youth player for the first time
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #12: Jul 12, 2016 02:30:56 am
      Kid has great ball control but did tend to disappear from games not unlike Ojo.If he can keep his head in the game there's real potential.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: Jul 12, 2016 09:54:58 am
      Kid has great ball control but did tend to disappear from games not unlike Ojo.If he can keep his head in the game there's real potential.

Give him chance, he's just a kid trying to find his feet.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #14: Jul 17, 2016 07:26:25 pm
      this lad looks like he is ready now.  I'd start him in midfield alongside Can and Grujic, if we don't bring in any more CMs.

And please don't start with the "he's too young" bollocks, if you're good enough you're old enough, it's not like he's a child anyway, he'll be 19 in November, we brought in Henderson at 20 and Ejaria is already light years better than him.

Can't wait to see how he does this season.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #15: Jul 17, 2016 07:48:12 pm
      this lad looks like he is ready now.  I'd start him in midfield alongside Can and Grujic, if we don't bring in any more CMs.

Give it two weeks and you'll be saying he's horseshit.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,471 posts | 698 
      Reply #16: Jul 17, 2016 07:51:46 pm

hahahahahaha
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Jul 17, 2016 08:21:39 pm

And please don't start with the "he's too young" bollocks, if you're good enough you're old enough, it's not like he's a child anyway, he'll be 19 in November, we brought in Henderson at 20 and Ejaria is already light years better than him.

Prime example of how friendlies create absurd expectations.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #18: Jul 17, 2016 08:45:02 pm

Hope he does take Henderson's spot
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Jul 17, 2016 08:50:36 pm

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #20: Jul 18, 2016 12:03:33 am
      Shouldn't it be "an" attention whore?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Jul 18, 2016 12:05:38 am
      Shouldn't it be "an" attention whore?

I think so, I just found it on google though. Couldn't be bothered to correct it :D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #22: Jul 18, 2016 12:06:50 am

Well if he plays poorly he'll have an excuse; he's got zero league experience.

What was Henderson's excuse?  He'd already played three league seasons before coming to us.  And he was still rubbish.

Quick Reply