Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 45000 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Ovie Ejaria
      Reply #23: Jul 18, 2016 12:11:38 am
      Well if he plays poorly he'll have an excuse; he's got zero league experience.

What was Henderson's excuse?  He'd already played three league seasons before coming to us.  And he was still rubbish.

Seriously, you've been coming up with all sorts of ways to bash Henderson since the second he joined. We get that you don't rate him, you don't have to keep going on about it ffs. You was even bashing him when he got 7 goals and 15 assists in the 2014/15 season. 

It amazes me that you see it as OK that everybody else can have a bad game or season yet Henderson isn't allowed a bad 10 minutes. It's gotten tiresome, bash some f**ker else at least.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Jul 18, 2016 12:13:56 am
      Well if he plays poorly he'll have an excuse; he's got zero league experience.

What was Henderson's excuse?  He'd already played three league seasons before coming to us.  And he was still rubbish.

Translating: Ejaria's already better than Henderson but if in this end this bold, attention seeking statement comes out as rubbish (again) I have a ready made excuse. In fact I didn't actually meant what I said, I just said it for effect.

Grow up federer.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #25: Jul 18, 2016 01:34:11 am
      Translating: Ejaria's already better than Henderson but if in this end this bold, attention seeking statement comes out as rubbish (again) I have a ready made excuse. In fact I didn't actually meant what I said, I just said it for effect.

What is it exactly that you think I said that was so "bold"?

I said he looks very classy, I think we should start him alongside Can and Grujic if no one else comes in, and I can't wait to see how he does this season.  Is that really "bold"?! 

You act as if I said "HE WILL WIN THE BALLON D'OR THIS SEASON."  I just said that he's better than our current midfield options of Milner and Henderson.  And that's really not saying much at all, you know that as well as I do.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Jul 18, 2016 02:12:55 am
      Brannagan starts well before he does.

As has been said:

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27: Jul 18, 2016 01:04:05 pm
      I said he looks very classy, I think we should start him alongside Can and Grujic if no one else comes in, and I can't wait to see how he does this season.  Is that really "bold"?!

That's really the only thing you've said? Really? Seriously?

That's why you're so clearly such an attention whore: you're backing away from the stuff you've just said and we haven't even left the same thread page. God knows what your opinions on the matter will be in six months. Whatever catches the most attention, probably.

he'll be 19 in November, we brought in Henderson at 20 and Ejaria is already light years better than him.

And here I ask you a very direct question: how many times have you watched Ejaria play?
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #28: Jul 18, 2016 04:05:33 pm
      From the game I saw, this kid is class.

And like someone just said if you are good enough u are old enough

How old was Michael Owen when he started, Stevie??? when they made their debut.

Not saying he is Pogba but if we don't give these youngsters their chance then he could be a Pogba whom we might be willing to part with 100 million quid to get back just because we think he is too young to play.

Form is temporary Class is permanent, and this lad is a class player along with Woodburn.

Hope to see more of the lad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #29: Jul 18, 2016 04:26:59 pm
      Fed never gets excited about our players and gets ragged for it, now he's excited about one of our players and he's ragged for it. Certainly doesn't help himself sometimes but he can't win :D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #30: Jul 18, 2016 04:28:29 pm
      Give him chance, he's just a kid trying to find his feet.

Not basing on preseason games,i was talking about his games for the u-18's.He grew into his ability as it were,same with ojo.Playing at a higher level he may not get the same results on the ball but he can't let that get into his head.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Jul 18, 2016 04:38:27 pm
      Fed never gets excited about our players and gets ragged for it, now he's excited about one of our players and he's ragged for it. Certainly doesn't help himself sometimes but he can't win :D

It's not just being excited about a young player though, he has to add bullshit to it by saying things like he's miles better than Henderson already, he should replace Henderson as one of the 2 mids in the starting 11 etc.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #32: Jul 18, 2016 04:41:07 pm
      Thing with young players is that you know. From the first touch you can tell which one is class and the ones that would grow with the game.

Not all prospects make it to become great, but the beautiful thing about the game is for prospect to even make it to first team games in a premiership team is already an achievement, talk less of having a premier league career before we start discussion legend status.

So yes i'm one of the few ones that get excited when I see a new prospect, its something for me to dream about, something new to follow, a new career I hope would pan out to be the next Stevie G, not one of those who believe solely in signing big names, cos every big name started small from somewhere.

So please excuse the scouts in some of us that makes us excited when we see what we hope to be the next best thing in the game.

That's why the game is so romantic.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #33: Jul 18, 2016 04:46:36 pm
      It's not just being excited about a young player though, he has to add bullshit to it by saying things like he's miles better than Henderson already, he should replace Henderson as one of the 2 mids in the starting 11 etc.

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone likes Hendo, or Sakho, or Lallana, or Moreno, etc......

For me personally Henderson is frustrating. I so badly want him to step up and be our next Stevie G type player but he is so inconsistent.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34: Jul 18, 2016 08:38:24 pm

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35: Jul 19, 2016 07:13:02 am

Not basing on preseason games,i was talking about his games for the u-18's.He grew into his ability as it were,same with ojo.Playing at a higher level he may not get the same results on the ball but he can't let that get into his head.

It's either you have it or you don't. Ovie is improving and can do it our level, just give him time. Even Klopp was saying this!
      Scottbot

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #36: Jul 19, 2016 07:33:10 am
      I am VERY excited by this kid and fancy him to break into the first team squad this season. He has been excellent in all three pre-season games so far. His touch is superb, he has got really quick feet and close ball control, he turns well and is always looking to play the ball forwards. He has also shown he has the strength to hold it up with his back to goal. I really like him, he looks like a creative player who can break the lines and make things happen. We don't have anyone like that in our current group of CMs. Can he tackle, shoot and head a ball? We'll see but I really like him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #37: Jul 19, 2016 08:09:46 am
      Bloody hell talk about over hyping give the kid a chance.

And besides you do realise these have been meaningless friendlies, it's a world away from the pace and intensity of facing a PL player.
      Scottbot

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #38: Jul 19, 2016 11:30:02 pm
      Bloody hell talk about over hyping give the kid a chance.

And besides you do realise these have been meaningless friendlies, it's a world away from the pace and intensity of facing a PL player.

It's not like the lad is reading the thread is it? What's not to get excited about, he has looked very impressive, everyone gets excited if a new signing comes in and looks the part in pre-season so I don't see why it should be any different for one of the youngsters?

Besides, our centre-midfield is fookin shi...te so it's not wonder a few of us are getting excited when we see a player who cope offer an alternative to the industrial workmanlike performances we can expect from the incumbents in that role.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #39: Jul 21, 2016 08:21:46 am
      Saw highlights of yesterday's friendly match against Huddersfield, this lad seemed to get a bit of airtime.

Can anyone provide an objective review of his performance pending when I see the full match?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2016 07:46:35 am
      And here I ask you a very direct question: how many times have you watched Ejaria play?

Why am I not surprised a week has passed and federer couldn't answer a very simple question such as this? Too busy seeking attention elsewhere, this one has gone cold it seems...
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2016 12:03:16 pm
      Can someone please add "Player Thread" after Ovie's name?

It's driving  me mad ;D
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #42: Jul 26, 2016 11:54:59 am
      Can someone please add "Player Thread" after Ovie's name?

It's driving  me mad ;D

Bump!
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #43: Jul 27, 2016 09:41:10 am

Bump again -  the interest in poor Ovie has certainly dropped a lot
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #44: Jul 28, 2016 09:14:49 am
      Bump again  - can also add Taiwo Awoniyi to my list
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #45: Jul 28, 2016 10:53:18 am
      Bump again  - can also add Taiwo Awoniyi to my list

No interest dropped from my end mate he was by far our stand out player against Chelsea. He looked like he could really play a few notches higher too. I mean that in terms of his team-mates dropping to a slower pace. I think he's got the brain for it and the ability looks there to match, very exciting young player this.

Quick Reply