Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ovie Ejaria (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 45075 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Ovie Ejaria Player Thread
      Reply #69: Oct 10, 2016 09:58:57 pm
      Scored the first goal for England u20s in the 2-0 win against the USA.  Been a good tournament for Ovie, keep it up lad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #70: Oct 10, 2016 10:11:05 pm
      It seems he's following on from Ojo's performances in a tournament during the summer(?).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #71: Oct 10, 2016 10:21:57 pm
      It seems he's following on from Ojo's performances in a tournament during the summer(?).

The way our midfielders are dropping like flies, he could find himself on the bench next Monday.  2 of the 3 injured, just Hendo to go now and he could be playing  ;D

I know, I know, we've got Can, Grujic, Lucas, Milner, Cou who can all come in but fs, we no sooner get a decent midfield sorted and within a week or so it all falls apart.  At least Can got a full 90 under his belt yesterday.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #72: Oct 10, 2016 10:34:13 pm
      The way our midfielders are dropping like flies, he could find himself on the bench next Monday.  2 of the 3 injured, just Hendo to go now and he could be playing  ;D

I know, I know, we've got Can, Grujic, Lucas, Milner, Cou who can all come in but fs, we no sooner get a decent midfield sorted and within a week or so it all falls apart.  At least Can got a full 90 under his belt yesterday.

F**k sake, had no idea Wijnaldum had picked up a hamstring injury. It happens during every single international break, pisses me off.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #73: Oct 10, 2016 10:45:11 pm
      F**k sake, had no idea Wijnaldum had picked up a hamstring injury. It happens during every single international break, pisses me off.

Yep I mockered him mate after saying he should poleaxe the pog  :mad:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #74: Oct 26, 2016 11:08:49 pm
      Was a tough game for Ovie last night particularly in the first half when there was zero time on the ball and he got bullied somewhat. He did show a few glimpses of quality when he moved inside though and I'm certain that is more suited to a central role where his quick feet are most suited. Needs to work on his strength and conditioning on last night's evidence though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #75: Nov 22, 2016 06:18:08 pm
      Played well again on Sunday so looking forward to seeing his involvement next week against Leeds.

Explained: The experiences inspiring Ejaria's progress

Chris Shaw
      @shawct

It's a telling sign of Ovie Ejaria's progress that a recent two-week period saw the Liverpool midfielder make his Anfield debut, play in a Premier League game and travel to South Korea for an international tournament.

A handful of pre-season opportunities for JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s Reds had served notice of the 19-year-oldā€™s potential during the summer, with his physical prowess, calm touch and strong mentality on show.

But the target for Ejaria when the campaign started remained to establish himself as a key man for Michael Bealeā€™s U23s and further build on an encouraging couple of years at the Academy.

The former Arsenal starlet knew the perils of looking too far ahead.  He knew more hard work would be asked of him to ensure his development didnā€™t stop.  He knew Klopp would be watching.

And so it proved.

Ejaria was introduced as a substitute at Derby County in the EFL Cup for his first senior appearance and then earned a maiden start when Tottenham Hotspur visited in the fourth round.

The England youth international lined up in midfield alongside Marko Grujic, Kevin Stewart and Georginio Wijnaldum ā€“ with the latter later commenting on how the less experienced trio around him had exhibited no nerves.

ā€œItā€™s going really well in and around the first team, Iā€™m really enjoying it and hopefully I can stay there if I keep doing well,ā€ Ejaria told Liverpoolfc.com.

On Sunday afternoon, he was on duty for the U23s as they welcomed Reading to Prenton Park for a Premier League 2 fixture that they were in control of for long periods.

He was at the centre of plenty of productive play en route to a 2-0 victory for the young Reds, which was achieved courtesy of goals in either half from Mamadou Sakho and Ben Woodburn.

And after the final whistle, the London-born youngster explained why the role he is currently being given by Beale allows his talents to affect matches.

Ejaria said: ā€œHe lets me play with a lot of freedom, and I do well when Iā€™m playing with freedom. Itā€™s really good and Iā€™m enjoying it.

ā€œI was getting a lot of the ball and creating chances [against Reading]. I was trying to score as well, which is something Iā€™m trying to add to my game.

ā€œIt was really good, especially in the first half. We should have been three or four up. But we dug in second half and got the win.ā€

His poise was the catalyst for the opener, as he fashioned a one-two and saw a low shot towards the bottom corner pushed into the path of Sakho for a rebound.

ā€œOvie stamped his authority on the game early on, didnā€™t he?ā€ Beale reflected.

Elsewhere, a new avenue for Ejariaā€™s advancement has also been found with the England U20 side, including a trip to Asia earlier this month for a four-team international tournament.

ā€œA really good experience,ā€ was his measured description of the long-haul journey across the world, where he featured in two games and scored one goal.

That opportunity followed a fine strike for the Young Lions in a meeting with USA the previous month, as they prepare for the U20 World Cup next year.

ā€œWhen we saw Ejaria initially, you could see he was a lad with really good technical ability and he was one who was going to come through,ā€ said former Liverpool striker David Fairclough in analysing his progress on Sunday.

ā€œThis season, he has come through really strongly.  JĆ¼rgen Klopp involved him, [Trent] Alexander-Arnold and Woodburn in pre-season, and I think they all gained a lot of experience from it and a lot of confidence as well.

ā€œThey have just all got to build on that now.  But clearly they are three JĆ¼rgen Klopp thinks could become really good players in the fullness of time.ā€

On a seperate note it seems the England Youth set up are determined to break our best players. 

After ruining Rossiter when he was played 3 times in less than a week, they've gone and done exactly the same with TAA. 

3 games in 5 days, again!!  Fair enough he's not injured himself doing so but are they really that F***ing useless that they think this is acceptable?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #76: Nov 22, 2016 06:40:43 pm
      Played well again on Sunday so looking forward to seeing his involvement next week against Leeds.

Explained: The experiences inspiring Ejaria's progress

Chris Shaw
      @shawct

It's a telling sign of Ovie Ejaria's progress that a recent two-week period saw the Liverpool midfielder make his Anfield debut, play in a Premier League game and travel to South Korea for an international tournament.

A handful of pre-season opportunities for JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s Reds had served notice of the 19-year-oldā€™s potential during the summer, with his physical prowess, calm touch and strong mentality on show.

But the target for Ejaria when the campaign started remained to establish himself as a key man for Michael Bealeā€™s U23s and further build on an encouraging couple of years at the Academy.

The former Arsenal starlet knew the perils of looking too far ahead.  He knew more hard work would be asked of him to ensure his development didnā€™t stop.  He knew Klopp would be watching.

And so it proved.

Ejaria was introduced as a substitute at Derby County in the EFL Cup for his first senior appearance and then earned a maiden start when Tottenham Hotspur visited in the fourth round.

The England youth international lined up in midfield alongside Marko Grujic, Kevin Stewart and Georginio Wijnaldum ā€“ with the latter later commenting on how the less experienced trio around him had exhibited no nerves.

ā€œItā€™s going really well in and around the first team, Iā€™m really enjoying it and hopefully I can stay there if I keep doing well,ā€ Ejaria told Liverpoolfc.com.

On Sunday afternoon, he was on duty for the U23s as they welcomed Reading to Prenton Park for a Premier League 2 fixture that they were in control of for long periods.

He was at the centre of plenty of productive play en route to a 2-0 victory for the young Reds, which was achieved courtesy of goals in either half from Mamadou Sakho and Ben Woodburn.

And after the final whistle, the London-born youngster explained why the role he is currently being given by Beale allows his talents to affect matches.

Ejaria said: ā€œHe lets me play with a lot of freedom, and I do well when Iā€™m playing with freedom. Itā€™s really good and Iā€™m enjoying it.

ā€œI was getting a lot of the ball and creating chances [against Reading]. I was trying to score as well, which is something Iā€™m trying to add to my game.

ā€œIt was really good, especially in the first half. We should have been three or four up. But we dug in second half and got the win.ā€

His poise was the catalyst for the opener, as he fashioned a one-two and saw a low shot towards the bottom corner pushed into the path of Sakho for a rebound.

ā€œOvie stamped his authority on the game early on, didnā€™t he?ā€ Beale reflected.

Elsewhere, a new avenue for Ejariaā€™s advancement has also been found with the England U20 side, including a trip to Asia earlier this month for a four-team international tournament.

ā€œA really good experience,ā€ was his measured description of the long-haul journey across the world, where he featured in two games and scored one goal.

That opportunity followed a fine strike for the Young Lions in a meeting with USA the previous month, as they prepare for the U20 World Cup next year.

ā€œWhen we saw Ejaria initially, you could see he was a lad with really good technical ability and he was one who was going to come through,ā€ said former Liverpool striker David Fairclough in analysing his progress on Sunday.

ā€œThis season, he has come through really strongly.  JĆ¼rgen Klopp involved him, [Trent] Alexander-Arnold and Woodburn in pre-season, and I think they all gained a lot of experience from it and a lot of confidence as well.

ā€œThey have just all got to build on that now.  But clearly they are three JĆ¼rgen Klopp thinks could become really good players in the fullness of time.ā€

On a seperate note it seems the England Youth set up are determined to break our best players. 

After ruining Rossiter when he was played 3 times in less than a week, they've gone and done exactly the same with TAA. 

3 games in 5 days, again!!  Fair enough he's not injured himself doing so but are they really that f**king useless that they think this is acceptable?

A horrible horrible incestuous setup is the England setup. Just found out that creep Aidy Boothroyd only got in his positions as U19 and U21 coach because he was "technical director" Dan Ashworth's best man at his wedding.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #77: Nov 22, 2016 06:44:33 pm
      A horrible horrible incestuous setup is the England setup. Just found out that creep Aidy Boothroyd only got in his positions as U19 and U21 coach because he was "technical director" Dan Ashworth's best man at his wedding.

Don't think that's the only reason
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #78: Nov 22, 2016 07:10:09 pm
      Don't think that's the only reason

Didn't ask for your hot air pal.

The point I was making is underlining just how unqualified/poor the coaches in the England youth setup are and how they aren't even there on merit. So don't expect them to handle our players well.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Nov 22, 2016 07:15:06 pm

It seems Dan Ashworth has had a lot of influence over recent England recruitment, (I know it's part of his job) most of it based on his associations with West Brom.  That bastion of footballing excellence that has won so much over the last.................... ..when did they win anything?

Aidy Boothroyd.  Keith Downing.  Roy Hodgson.  All ex Baggies coaches/managers, all gone on to become senior personnel within the England set up. 

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #80: Nov 22, 2016 07:36:39 pm
      And the FA wonders why so many clubs withdraw their players from different age groups. Inept fuckers!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #81: Nov 22, 2016 07:42:54 pm
      It seems Dan Ashworth has had a lot of influence over recent England recruitment, (I know it's part of his job) most of it based on his associations with West Brom.  That bastion of footballing excellence that has won so much over the last.................... ..when did they win anything?

Aidy Boothroyd.  Keith Downing.  Roy Hodgson.  All ex Baggies coaches/managers, all gone on to become senior personnel within the England set up. 

He's an absolute gimp of a man. It beggars belief how West Brom's technical director then gets to influence the direction of football within England. I think the clubs have done a lot to produce some very talented English youngsters of late but all that considered I have never seen the national game in a poorer state. All the good work they do with their clubs gets thrown into the mincer that is the England setup where they are taught some trite out of date football and treated with a shocking disregard for their own fitness. That Ashworth continues to posture in his role with no credentials, that he remains totally unaccountable for the failings and mistreatment of players across the last few years is astonishing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #82: Nov 22, 2016 08:17:12 pm
      He's an absolute gimp of a man. It beggars belief how West Brom's technical director then gets to influence the direction of football within England. I think the clubs have done a lot to produce some very talented English youngsters of late but all that considered I have never seen the national game in a poorer state. All the good work they do with their clubs gets thrown into the mincer that is the England setup where they are taught some trite out of date football and treated with a shocking disregard for their own fitness. That Ashworth continues to posture in his role with no credentials, that he remains totally unaccountable for the failings and mistreatment of players across the last few years is astonishing.

It's a weird one mate. 

We've all been discussing how Stevie G should start at the Academy, coaching the kids and gaining experience with them before thinking of going into management but there's a world of difference between coaching and developing young players and managing seasoned pros. 

We have some amazing youth coaches in our Academy, coaches that have worked with young players for years and worked at some of the best Academy's in Europe yet the England youth coaches are washed up, has beens that maybe had a couple of years at youth level, whilst doing their badges, after finishing their playing careers before moving onto lower league management jobs and failing miserably.

Cheltenham, West Brom, Watford, Colchester, Coventry and Northampton are where these guys plied their trade in management before being recruited to the England jobs.  How on earth can these guys instill anything worthwhile into talented young players that train with some of the best around on a daily basis?

As for Ashworth, this is his illustrious footballing history from his wiki page

Dan Ashworth is an English former professional footballer, who began his career at Norwich City.  He studied at the College of West Anglia from 1987-1989.

Ashworth continued to be involved with football after retiring as a player, and was appointed academy director at Peterborough United in 2000.  In 2001 he went on to become center of excellence director at Cambridge United until March 2004 went moved to West Bromwich Albion assisting youth team manager Aidy Boothroyd.  After Boothroyd's departure in the July of that year he took over as youth team manager until he was promoted to the club's sporting and technical director in December 2007.

On 17 September 2012, Ashworth was appointed as the FA director of elite development.

I have absolutely no idea how the FA think that having this lot in control of English footballs future is going to produce results.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #83: Nov 22, 2016 08:20:39 pm
      And the FA wonders why so many clubs withdraw their players from different age groups. Inept fuckers!

Exactly mate.  What's worse is that when they do withdraw, they then don't get picked again so it's hardly a wonder why so few of Englands youth team players never make it to the seniors.  They're only being played because others dropped out.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #84: Nov 22, 2016 08:57:59 pm
      Didn't ask for your hot air pal.

The point I was making is underlining just how unqualified/poor the coaches in the England youth setup are and how they aren't even there on merit. So don't expect them to handle our players well.

Just say that then. Aidy Boothroyd actually has a long well recognised career in youth development and managed in the PL in his mid 30s what are you expecting from an u20s manager?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #85: Nov 22, 2016 09:16:07 pm
      I thought Ejaria had hurt himself or something with all the posts in here.
                                                                     Did i miss the west brom conspiracy to get liverpool by infiltrating england and using our players? some tinfoil stuff in here.Woodburn played 3 games for wales,the teams only had an 18 man squad so as few would have to play all games and all over europe they played the same schedule.I don't like the snobbery of having a pop at coaches for not playing or coaching at a high level.Our coaching staff is mostly  from the same background.
                    Have a look at Ejaria in the highlights from the Reading game.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #86: Jan 08, 2017 07:47:12 pm
      He's a good player this lad, and IMHO has probably the most chance of making it as a top level Premier League player out of the youngsters we saw today. Has a wee bit of a young Patrick Vierra about him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #87: Jan 09, 2017 09:14:31 pm
      He's a good player this lad, and IMHO has probably the most chance of making it as a top level Premier League player out of the youngsters we saw today. Has a wee bit of a young Patrick Vierra about him.

He does!! I would actually have him ahead of Can tbh.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #88: Jan 28, 2017 02:44:51 pm
      Exempt from criticism today in my eyes
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #89: Jan 28, 2017 03:23:14 pm
      Exempt from criticism today in my eyes

Maybe doesn't possess loads of skill but he did try and was a lot braver than Lucas who I'm so sad to say put in the worst game I've ever seen from him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #90: Jan 30, 2017 01:33:54 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 

Quick Reply