Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liam Coyle Player Thread

Read 2432 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Liam Coyle Player Thread
      Jul 11, 2016 12:38:09 pm
      Still only 16 this lad could go far, very far and is definitely one to watch as a future 1st teamer.

Due to his age there isn't much info available so I'll post what I can find after adding my own thoughts.

Wow, just Wow!

It's not often I go overboard on kids this age as so much can go wrong for them before they get a chance but this lad is the business.  Anyone who saw Rossiter at a young age, this kid is even better in that he has skills Jordan didn't have.  He's ferocious in the tackle, is quick, alert, reads the game superbly for a 16 year old. 

He's a Masch/Alonso mix, a destroying/playmaker  ;D

Before the first mini-mini-derby, many observers commented on how Everton recruited the best local talent. However after the match many held a more balanced view with Alexander-Arnold, Coyle and Ben Woodburn shining brightly.

Coyle was promoted to the U18s due to injuries and international call ups.  Many expected his stay with the U18s to be brief but Coyle he has been so impressive he has became a regular in the side before his 16th birthday.

Coyle has a strong will to win. He is a fearless player he is not afraid of making a hard tackle nor getting on the ball when the team is under pressure.  He has all the qualities to be a future leader. He is a huge talent and will most likely be the U18 captain in the coming year(s) if he hasn’t already progressed to the U21s.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2022 08:37:29 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liam Coyle Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 11, 2016 12:50:52 pm
      Remember him in the mini mini derby i think and he reminded me of Stevie in the way he thought every tackle was 50-50
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Jul 11, 2016 12:57:32 pm

Wow, just Wow!

It's not often I go overboard on kids this age as so much can go wrong for them before they get a chance but this lad is the business.  Anyone who saw Rossiter at a young age, this kid is even better in that he has skills Jordan didn't have.  He's ferocious in the tackle, is quick, alert, reads the game superbly for a 16 year old.

He's a Masch/Alonso mix, a destroying/playmaker  ;D

You really shouldn't have :( Now You have me hyped as well. Guess it's time to watch the U18s this season!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Jul 11, 2016 12:59:51 pm
      Remember him in the mini mini derby i think and he reminded me of Stevie in the way he thought every tackle was 50-50

Never game them an inch did he mate, it must be the "Scouseness" in him  :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Jul 11, 2016 01:01:58 pm
      You really shouldn't have :( Now You have me hyped as well. Guess it's time to watch the U18s this season!

You'll love him mate.  He surprised everyone in how well he played and adapted to a more physical game.  It's not easy to control the midfield of an u18s game at 15 years old but he did.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Jul 17, 2022 12:56:13 pm
      In July 2021 he signed for Accrington Stanley

Quick Reply