Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre Season #2 : Fleetwood Town 0-5 Liverpool

Read 20804 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre Season #2 : Fleetwood Town 0-5 Liverpool
      Reply #184: Jul 13, 2016 09:02:52 pm
      Klopp's hilarious! Calls Fleetwood a league 2 team, get's corrected by being told they're a league 1 team and he goes "oh, really? ahhh ok" :D
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #185: Jul 13, 2016 09:03:12 pm
      Announcer: It's nice to get clean sheets
      Klopp: (looks around the pitch) "We should be able to get a clean sheet here"

:)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #186: Jul 13, 2016 09:03:18 pm
      Jürgen is so straight talking is it any wonder scousers love him? Spot on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #187: Jul 13, 2016 09:04:31 pm
      Klopp's hilarious! Calls Fleetwood a league 2 team, get's corrected by being told they're a league 1 team and he goes "oh, really? ahhh ok" :D

They can't moan too much, just a few days ago he thought we were playing a rock band.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #188: Jul 13, 2016 09:05:28 pm
      Grujic has great hair too, him and Can will love each other.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #189: Jul 13, 2016 09:06:53 pm

Be 2 pretty big units there in Can & Grujic...not going to get run over those two.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #190: Jul 13, 2016 09:07:14 pm

Don't forget Hendo wanting to get in on the act too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #191: Jul 13, 2016 09:08:47 pm
      Woodburn looks like he belongs in a creche.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #192: Jul 13, 2016 09:08:54 pm
      Be 2 pretty big units there in Can & Grujic...not going to get run over those two.

Really looking forward to it mate, will be a culture shock for some of the teams that expect to bully us.

Don't forget Hendo wanting to get in on the act too.

Aye! :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #193: Jul 13, 2016 09:20:00 pm
      Klopp not so happy with the first half performance by the sounds of it.

Yeah. Mentioned Mane specifically, pointing out he can't rely on just being faster or stronger against this team,but wanting to see him combine with his teammates more. I guess that's what good managers do though, find things to improve.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #194: Jul 13, 2016 09:20:09 pm
      Really encouraged by that, well in lads.

Positives:

Grujic is an absolute monster, he's gonna be starting very soon if not from the off, exactly what our midfield needs. Him and Can, that's a partnership that could be both figuratively and literally massive.

Mane: I think he's a star, loved everything I've seen, sure he frustrates when he loses the ball but Luis lost/loses the ball all the bloody time, the ability to do what he does though is what will set him apart, really impressed.

Matip: Looks very comfortable, haven't seen him pressured yet though but the quality players don't tend to be, partnership looks decent with Lovren.

Ejaria: I really like this young lad, has awareness, ability and vision. Presses well and looks at ease when under pressure, good weight on his passes too, one to definitely make the step up in time.

Woodburn: Well in young lad, 16 years old and producing that, can't moan at all.

Kent: He's a talent, needs to sort his decisions out and he could easily start competing for a place on the bench at least.

Bobby: Couple of goals again from that false 9 position, don't anyone be shocked if he plays there plenty next season, pure quality.

Lucas: Ran the show and got a goal (still not seen it, sure it was a worldy), well in lad.

Negatives:

Moreno, Randall and Smith in my opinion, think we definitely need at least one more full/wing-back as I have little confidence in these 3.

A positive could be added in that the shittest LB on the planet, by all accounts, got an assist.

We'll ignore that though ay ;) The whips are well and truly out for him. Can't see a way back for him with a lot of the support even if he does improve.

Wisdom and Illori didn't have much to do but I thought they were okay on the ball.

Loving Ovie and Woodburn and trying my best to not get too excited by Grujic's debut but it's hard. We can't answer our CM problems with a £5 million unknown.... can we?

Bobby looks to be warming up nicely and for me Lucas has to stay for the experience. Knows where to be 99% of the time.

Mane looks to be a player that is direct and will hopefully give us goals.

Moreno looks overly keen to me at the moment whilst over on the right Randall may be the same but for different reasons. It's possible the same could be said for Kent and Brannagan but it's very early days.

Loads of positives with plenty of time for any little negatives to right themselves.

When do the Copa America and Euros lads look likely to get back in?

And Gomez? Still not fully fit?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #195: Jul 13, 2016 09:22:31 pm
      I thought the kids did well enough in the 2nd half, especially Kent, Brannagan and Woodburn. But in fairness, that 2nd half team from Fleetwood Town was abject.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #196: Jul 13, 2016 09:28:39 pm
      A positive could be added in that the shittest LB on the planet, by all accounts, got an assist.

We'll ignore that though ay ;) The whips are well and truly out for him. Can't see a way back for him with a lot of the support even if he does improve.

Other than that though mate, he was piss poor. I counted 4 times (2 in the space of a few seconds) where he recklessly went flying into a tackle and got nowhere near the ball, he kept losing his man on the rare occasion he did have to mark someone, he was slow at getting back into position and for some stupid reason he ran into the middle of the pitch and booted the ball straight out of play when Grujic(?) was about to deal with it. Not forgetting when he was saying he was the one to take the free kick, took it and just effectively passed it straight to their wall.
      It takes something to stand out as sh*te against a team like Fleetwood. It's not a case of having the whips out, it's a case that once again he was poor.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #197: Jul 13, 2016 09:29:51 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #198: Jul 13, 2016 09:30:50 pm
      Also, is it me or does Randall look like the most miserable person ever when it comes to playing?! Doesn't look like he enjoys the game one bit.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #199: Jul 13, 2016 09:31:01 pm

We'll ignore that though ay

Not ignoring that mate, I like him going forward think he has plenty of talent that way but perhaps I should have clarified that defensively I have no confidence in him.

I've agreed with you in the past that he doesn't get the credit he deserves when he plays well but even with that in mind I'm worried about him at the moment. The good thing from your point of view is it seems clear that Jürgen is more than happy to go to war with him as his starting LB so we'll probably get to find out.

I hope he turns it around and becomes the best in the league because I actually like the fella and think having him as a personality around the club is a good thing but I just struggle convincing myself he has the aptitude to change.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #200: Jul 13, 2016 09:31:34 pm
      We even got a collectors item - Lucas scoring! saviour it boys and girls might never see another one in our life time.

Again the youngsters showing the future is bright with the likes of Brannagan, Ejaria and Kent.

Woodburn carrying on as he has done last season.

Grujic showing there is a player there.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #201: Jul 13, 2016 09:32:10 pm
      Also, is it me or does Randall look like the most miserable person ever when it comes to playing?! Doesn't look like he enjoys the game one bit.

Kind of like Fed is with posting then.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #202: Jul 13, 2016 09:37:38 pm
      Anyone got a link to any highlights of the game?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #203: Jul 13, 2016 09:38:47 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #204: Jul 13, 2016 09:42:28 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #205: Jul 13, 2016 09:43:10 pm
      Kind of like Fed is with posting then.

:D

7KK7 and Luke - I agree. Moreno was flying in and didn't look great but he also got an assist.

Going on the back end of last season though and the way the whips flew out for him I just don't see a way back for him with most of the support. He seems now to be one of those players who will be scrutinised more than others and jumped on with any good things he does not getting mentioned or highlighted. That's not just off tonight but way before. I do think he should be competing with another LB who can push him and come in for him at the very least.

He should also be fined for that F***ing top knot.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #206: Jul 13, 2016 09:48:01 pm
      Going on the back end of last season though and the way the whips flew out for him I just don't see a way back for him with most of the support.

Might be as far as the forum and some supporters go WAHS; don't think Jürgen is worried to much what others say and thus he will be given a square deal from the manager.

All that being said I totally agree with you on needing somebody to push him.

Quick Reply