Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Ben Woodburn > PNE

Read 66571 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Benjamin Woodburn Player Thread
      Reply #230: Jan 23, 2018 03:59:41 pm
      Hope he gets game time against Albion we need to get him up to speed if there is no more incoming s which is looking like the case.

I don't want to see Gini with Can against the Bus parkers.

I would actually look to sacrifice either Lallana or Ox and keep Can/Hendo and Wijnaldum/Milner on at times for Woodburn to have less defensive responsibility and more freedom to create.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #231: Jan 24, 2018 09:21:09 pm
      Definitely hope Klopp's decision means we are going to see more of him. I've been a little mystified at how little he's featured this season, but my understanding is that He is being taught more of a midfield role (more the Gini/Milner/Keita role than the Ox or Lallana role - I don't think those latter two will sit in favor of Ben this season). That said, it may be the forward line where he will have more chances to sub on the rest of the way this year.

My fear is that we're not seeing him because Klopp thinks he is regressing. Hopefully that isn't it.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #232: Jan 24, 2018 09:53:55 pm
      Definitely hope Klopp's decision means we are going to see more of him. I've been a little mystified at how little he's featured this season, but my understanding is that He is being taught more of a midfield role (more the Gini/Milner/Keita role than the Ox or Lallana role - I don't think those latter two will sit in favor of Ben this season). That said, it may be the forward line where he will have more chances to sub on the rest of the way this year.

My fear is that we're not seeing him because Klopp thinks he is regressing. Hopefully that isn't it.

I think he has been protecting him more than anything....Gomez and Trent have been used as much as they have out of necessity; If Clyne was healthy I doubt we would have seen them as much.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #233: Jan 24, 2018 09:54:26 pm
      I think he has been protecting him more than anything....Gomez and Trent have been used as much as they have out of necessity; If Clyne was healthy I doubt we would have seen them as much.

Spot on for me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #234: Jan 25, 2018 12:22:00 am

Hope so, but I do see 18-year olds around the world playing a major role - Christian Pulisic played regularly as an 18-year old - and of course we have Owen, Fowler and McManaman as players who were thrown in by then.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #235: Jan 25, 2018 12:28:59 am
      Hope so, but I do see 18-year olds around the world playing a major role - Christian Pulisic played regularly as an 18-year old - and of course we have Owen, Fowler and McManaman as players who were thrown in by then.

If there is one critisism of Jürgen he doesn't introduce young players early into a winning team.

So Ben could have had some minutes towards the end of some of those trouncings handed out.

There again Jürgen may have misbelieved that FSG have opened the purse strings seeing VVD arriving!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #236: Jan 25, 2018 03:27:44 pm
      Would be great to see Woodburn get a run out on Saturday. Aside from all the desires for glory and all that, one of the things I want to see out of Klopp's time at the club here is to produce a run of talent from the youth ranks that is comparable to decades past. In 5-10 years time I'd love to see a superbly crafted first eleven led by TAA, Woodburn and hopefully a few more up and coming youngsters.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #237: Feb 02, 2018 06:53:56 am
      When he didn't go out on loan I figured he must have some role to play with the first team for the remainder of the season. We've barely seen him this season (except for Wales) and we're out of the Cup so I'm just wondering when he is going to play or make a squad? If he doesn't play it's a bit of a head scratcher for me. The lad needs to play and under U23s football really is a bag of shi...te.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #238: Mar 14, 2018 01:53:26 pm
      Playing at center forward today with the U19s.

Wondering if maybe he has leveled off a bit this season. Hope not.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #239: Mar 14, 2018 03:47:39 pm
      He was wicked ill a few weeks back,question whether he should of been playing at all.He didn't look up for it and it was him that turned his back on their equalizer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #240: Apr 14, 2018 07:47:49 pm
      What is going on with Woodburn? He is not getting 10 minutes when we are 2 nill up.
      Solanke has not taken his chance but Woodburn is behind Solanke right now.
      We have West Brom next, if we are leading and Woodburn doesn't even get 10 minutes I am not sure what it means for him in the future. He is unlikely to get minutes next season unless Carling Cup. Usually players who go out on loan don't make it here.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #241: Apr 15, 2018 08:10:02 am
      He is injured .
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #242: Apr 15, 2018 08:24:56 am

He was on the bench yesterday ???
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #243: Apr 15, 2018 04:17:07 pm
      He was on the bench against City too I think, might have been the game between City games if not.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #244: Apr 15, 2018 04:31:39 pm
      He was on the bench against City too I think, might have been the game between City games if not.

I don't think he was on the bench for either City game or the Derby.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #245: Apr 15, 2018 04:44:34 pm
      I don't think he was on the bench for either City game or the Derby.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43632218

Against City

1 Karius
      66 Alexander-Arnold Booked at 29 mins Substituted for Clyne at 81'minutes
      6 Lovren
      4 van DijkBooked at 65mins
      26 Robertson
      21 Oxlade-Chamberlain
      5 Wijnaldum
      7 Milner
      11 Salah Substituted for Ings at 89'minutes
      9 Firmino Booked at 35 mins Substituted for Klavan at 81'minutes
      19 Mané Booked at 14 mins

Substitutes

2 Clyne
      17 Klavan
      18 Moreno
      22 Mignolet
      28 Ings
      29 Solanke
      58 Woodburn

You can see he was on the bench in the second leg against City.
      I knew he was on the bench for the Derby or City game, I just couldn't remember which so I spoke factual.
      You on the other hand, clouded facts with incorrect assumptions. Please be a bit more careful before dismissing things.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018 04:49:24 pm by Ribapuru »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #246: Apr 15, 2018 05:02:20 pm
      Really like Woodburn, but do you guys think our style of football suits him? I don't :(  I am actually surprised he was ahead of Wilson last couple of years as Wilson is more a Klopp type player.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #247: May 07, 2018 08:30:37 am
      I wonder if he has a future under Klopp? Given our injury troubles it baffles me a bit that hasn't had one mi ute of senior football over the last 2 months. It's a shame because he showed more in this two appearances for Wales last September than Solanke has shown all season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #248: May 07, 2018 09:24:54 am
      I wonder if he has a future under Klopp? Given our injury troubles it baffles me a bit that hasn't had one mi ute of senior football over the last 2 months. It's a shame because he showed more in this two appearances for Wales last September than Solanke has shown all season.

I'm also confused by it, can he really be worse than Solanke, is that even F***ing possible?? Klopp clearly doesn't like him for whatever reason so if I was him I'd be looking for a move away.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #249: May 07, 2018 06:39:56 pm
      I figure with Ox and Lallana out he would see some minutes but Klopp preferred TAA playing in the attack CM role then giving Woodburn a shot, which is odd considering he kept him at the club because with Phil being sold he didn't want to be left short options yet doesn't seem interested in using him at all.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #250: Jul 31, 2018 11:43:01 am
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #251: Jul 31, 2018 03:39:24 pm

He certainly needs a season long loan somewhere.
      Has to start playing in competitive games in order to develop.
      Been impressed by his bulking up
      Looks pretty impressive.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #252: Jul 31, 2018 04:11:12 pm
      He was unlucky to at the tail end of last season to be hurt when he could of featured in a few Premiership games while our focus was on the UCL but it good move for him to get some playing time under his belt to help his development. Looking forward to see what he can do at the Championship level

Quick Reply