Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ben Woodburn > PNE

Read 66551 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Benjamin Woodburn Player Thread
      Reply #23: Nov 27, 2016 10:31:10 pm
      Honestly can't say I've seen much of him but I'm always pleased to see young lads being given a chance. Hope he has a future at the club, perhaps we might see a bit more of him on Tuesday?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Nov 27, 2016 11:15:00 pm
      Honestly can't say I've seen much of him but I'm always pleased to see young lads being given a chance. Hope he has a future at the club, perhaps we might see a bit more of him on Tuesday?

We should definitely see more of him on Tuesday. There's videos of him on YouTube if you want to check out how he plays.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Nov 29, 2016 09:36:23 pm
      What a moment for the young man. Composed finish. Delighted for him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Nov 29, 2016 09:44:45 pm
      Re-written the record books.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Nov 29, 2016 09:45:57 pm
      Buzzin for the lad. He's going to have a grin from ear to ear for months after that. What a finish it was too!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #28: Nov 29, 2016 10:08:48 pm
      Star in the making no doubt our Ben Woodburn.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Nov 29, 2016 10:28:07 pm
      Fantastic night for the lad, delighted for him.

Here's to many more  ;D

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2016 08:29:22 am
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2016 08:34:13 am
      He took his chance well and buried it in the net,well done Ben and I hope it is the first of many more goals you score for us.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #32: Nov 30, 2016 11:05:40 am
      Really happy for the lad. First of many i hope!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Nov 30, 2016 04:07:56 pm
      Really shocked at the news today that he's being sold to West Brom. I totally did not see that coming.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Nov 30, 2016 04:12:10 pm
      Really shocked at the news today that he's being sold to West Brom. I totally did not see that coming.

You must be seriously bored.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35: Nov 30, 2016 04:51:52 pm
      Well done Ben :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #36: Nov 30, 2016 05:14:26 pm
      Excellent article in the Guardian about the lad, made up he said he will play for Wales not England.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/30/ben-woodburn-liverpool-wales-Jürgen-klopp
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #37: Nov 30, 2016 11:29:14 pm
      Buzzin for the lad. He's going to have a grin from ear to ear for months after that. What a finish it was too!

Smashed it didn't he.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Dec 01, 2016 12:17:08 am
      Excellent article in the Guardian about the lad, made up he said he will play for Wales not England.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/30/ben-woodburn-liverpool-wales-Jürgen-klopp

I think it's gotten to a pretty bad stage when we're now saying we don't want our good young players to choose England over somebody else, says a lot about the England setup. With Wales he won't have the media slagging him off every 2 minutes, he'll no doubt be better looked after under the Wales setup than our current crop do with England, they don't seem to qualify for as many tournaments as England (seriously not a bash against Wales) and he's already part of the Wales setup anyway and he's obviously happy. Also, without meaning to be negative, if for whatever reason he doesn't make the step up to the level some - including myself - expect him to then at least there's a bigger chance of him sticking around in the Wales squad than with England, who change their mind every week.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #39: Dec 01, 2016 12:39:45 am
      I think it's gotten to a pretty bad stage when we're now saying we don't want our good young players to choose England over somebody else, says a lot about the England setup. With Wales he won't have the media slagging him off every 2 minutes, he'll no doubt be better looked after under the Wales setup than our current crop do with England, they don't seem to qualify for as many tournaments as England (seriously not a bash against Wales) and he's already part of the Wales setup anyway and he's obviously happy. Also, without meaning to be negative, if for whatever reason he doesn't make the step up to the level some - including myself - expect him to then at least there's a bigger chance of him sticking around in the Wales squad than with England, who change their mind every week.

Fazakerley
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #40: Dec 01, 2016 02:48:38 am
      He looks a good player
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #41: Jan 08, 2017 07:45:55 pm
      Obvious talent, good awareness and a fine touch for a young player. Thought he was the most impressive of the kids today, and clearly he has a future. He'll need to keep developing though from a technical point of view, he looks to me as if he's physically going to resemble a Peter Beardsley type of bloke (not in looks but in stature). Not going to be particularly quick or posess lots of physical power, so he's going to need to be a thinking mans footballer. Like him though, was good today I thought and a wee bit unfortunate to come off early.   
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #42: Jan 09, 2017 09:18:17 pm
      I was impressed with him yesterday and gave him MOTM. Nothing extravagant, but more simplistic in his play, yet he was able to create 3-4 good opportunities. Along with Ejaria and TAA, I have high hopes for them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Jan 24, 2017 04:27:28 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OmBLtzc5I0

Missed the game, but looks like he may have had a great game. Too easy for him at u23s and he is only 17? ;D.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Jan 27, 2017 05:03:58 pm
      He was given a hard time by some no marks in and around social media who thought they would judge his whole career on the basis of the Plymouth match last week...just because he 'doesn't have speed'. I'll tell you this though - he can do some great things with the ball at his feet inside the box. Him not being a speed merchant (but by no means slow) will do him good in my opinion. Too often in the past coaches and supporters have believed that 'speed is all you need' hence the reason we were given brainless wonders like Wright Phillips, Aaron Lennon and of late Jordan Ibe and even Raheem Sterling who could run past everyone yet proceed to plonk the ball way into row z. Not having speed as a primary asset could allow greater emphasis on developing ball skills, awareness and all round intelligence.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Jan 27, 2017 05:59:04 pm
      It'll be interesting to see if he gets moved inside in the future or stays out wide. He could be so useful inside with more touches of the ball. I'm only thinking this after seeing how impressive he was in the middle against Ipswich under-23's.

Quick Reply