Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ben Woodburn > PNE

Read 66559 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Benjamin Woodburn Player Thread
      Reply #253: Jul 31, 2018 04:45:46 pm
      a loan and some meat and potatoes can only be good for him. He needs playing time and grow into his body.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Benjamin Woodburn Player Thread (on loan at Sheffield United)
      Reply #254: Aug 01, 2018 11:09:26 pm
      Blades not too far away from play offs last year.

Wales international goalscorer so I assume he will get plenty of game time.  No idea what system they play but I assume Klopp prefers it to Steve Bruce's brand?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #255: Aug 02, 2018 11:24:52 am
      Blades not too far away from play offs last year.

Wales international goalscorer so I assume he will get plenty of game time.  No idea what system they play but I assume Klopp prefers it to Steve Bruce's brand?

Yea, Jürgen does seem to be picky as to where these lads go on loan.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #256: Aug 08, 2018 06:33:36 am
      Ben came off the bench again today for the Blades as they got thrashed 3-0 by Boro.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #257: Sep 22, 2018 11:18:54 pm
      Every weekend I usually flick through Livescores' app to see how our loan players get on.

Sadly, like today, it seems young Ben is usually an unused substitute. What a waste of time for him and us. Should recall him and tell Sheffield United to do one in future.

I watched one of their live games recently as well. They're sh*te. Might as well have sent him to Stevie.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #258: Sep 23, 2018 08:02:18 am
      Every weekend I usually flick through Livescores' app to see how our loan players get on.

Sadly, like today, it seems young Ben is usually an unused substitute. What a waste of time for him and us. Should recall him and tell Sheffield United to do one in future.

I watched one of their live games recently as well. They're sh*te. Might as well have sent him to Stevie.

I’ve been saying for years, loans don’t work. This will be no different
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #259: Sep 23, 2018 09:16:47 am

Only goalkeeper situation can be solved with a loan move.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #260: Sep 23, 2018 04:01:30 pm
      In most cases I agee. Liverpool have said in the past that they won't loan to teams who miss treat our players. Celtic found that out last window. Our players are getting a chance at Rangers. I think that should be the go to place for talent like Woodburn.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #261: Sep 23, 2018 06:22:21 pm

Couple of things they're 4th at the moment can't be that sh*t and if they are says more about Woodburn not being able to fight his way into the team,no? If he's good enough they'll play him.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #262: Sep 23, 2018 06:27:15 pm

Couple of things they're 4th at the moment can't be that sh*t and if they are says more about Woodburn not being able to fight his way into the team,no? If he's good enough they'll play him.

Have you watched them play? They're average Championship material that'll be up and down all season. No where near Premier League quality.

If you want to say that Woodburn isn't any better than other bench players in the Championship I'll be very surprised. Have you not seen him play either?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #263: Sep 23, 2018 06:45:50 pm
      I'm saying if Woodburn is good he'll play,the Sheffield manager isn't gonna bench him outta spite.He shouldn't get a start cos he's a Liverpool player.I've only watched him on dodgy streams for our ressies/ u-18's,i know he was sick/injured but not setting the world on fire since.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #264: Oct 06, 2018 04:34:32 pm
      Doesn't even make the bench now.May as well call him back,see if we can get him firing again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #265: Oct 11, 2018 04:14:37 am
      Doesn't even make the bench now.May as well call him back,see if we can get him firing again.

Call him back to not even make the bench with us?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #266: Oct 11, 2018 09:15:01 am
      Call him back to not even make the bench with us?

At least we could play him in the reserves, give him some focussed coaching. There is no point loaning a player out if he doesn't get games.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #267: Oct 11, 2018 09:30:57 am
      Realistically he will probably never make the grade here. Don't want to rule out a young kid but its very difficult.

Most of our young players that have made it here in the recent past have been defenders. We have one of the best attacks in world football so you have to be extremely special to break in here now.

An 18 year old Michael Owen might struggle. He would give it a good go obviously but that is the level we are at now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #268: Oct 11, 2018 09:43:49 am
      I'm saying if Woodburn is good he'll play,the Sheffield manager isn't gonna bench him outta spite.He shouldn't get a start cos he's a Liverpool player.I've only watched him on dodgy streams for our ressies/ u-18's,i know he was sick/injured but not setting the world on fire since.
      It's because Sheffield United are doing well with their current setup. Top of the championship, they're premier league material. If we loaned him to Blackburn or another mid table side, he'd be getting games.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #269: Oct 11, 2018 10:00:30 am
      It's because Sheffield United are doing well with their current setup. Top of the championship, they're premier league material. If we loaned him to Blackburn or another mid table side, he'd be getting games.

It's also a long season Ben needs to sit patient until he gets the nod then he needs to prove his worth.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #270: Oct 11, 2018 07:08:50 pm
      Realistically he will probably never make the grade here. Don't want to rule out a young kid but its very difficult.

Most of our young players that have made it here in the recent past have been defenders. We have one of the best attacks in world football so you have to be extremely special to break in here now.

An 18 year old Michael Owen might struggle. He would give it a good go obviously but that is the level we are at now.

Nonsense both Fowler and Owen would get games/chances in this team, Woodburn is not even close to their level at that age.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #271: Oct 11, 2018 08:25:07 pm
      Poor loan move all around if he isnt playing. Never really got the hype around the lad though in all honesty but he muat have something.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #272: Oct 11, 2018 08:46:36 pm
      Another example of loans never working. Should have never left. Would gain more training with the first team than training with second rate talent in the championship
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #273: Dec 01, 2018 02:34:18 pm
      Left out again today. I know Klopp said recently that Woodburn wanted the challenge of fighting for a first team berth, but obviously he's more likely to get a game with our U23s.

I'm not saying Sheffield United are doing him wrong. If he doesn't win a spot in the team he doesn't, so maybe we've overrated him. But either way, wouldn't it be better for him to return to Liverpool for training purposes?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #274: Dec 01, 2018 07:27:30 pm
      u-23 play bournemouth tomorrow we'll see if he plays,did well against everton last weekend apparently.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Re: Benjamin Woodburn Player Thread
      Reply #275: Jul 30, 2019 05:47:30 pm
      Lad has joined Oxford which seems a bit lower than where he should be . Hopefully Robinson can get some form out of him before it's to late for him at LFC

Quick Reply