Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ben Woodburn > PNE

Read 66544 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Re: Benjamin Woodburn Player Thread
      Reply #276: Jul 30, 2019 06:01:22 pm
      Lad has joined Oxford which seems a bit lower than where he should be . Hopefully Robinson can get some form out of him before it's to late for him at LFC
      Absolutely not, League 1 is his level atm. Couldn't get anywhere near the Sheffield team last season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #277: Jul 30, 2019 06:02:01 pm
      Lad has joined Oxford which seems a bit lower than where he should be . Hopefully Robinson can get some form out of him before it's to late for him at LFC

Still very young should play every game for Oxford to show what he can do. I imagine another loan stint at a PL or Championship club next season when he will be stronger physically.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #278: Jul 30, 2019 06:04:42 pm

If he is playing that low a level next season i don't see a future with us.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #279: Jul 30, 2019 06:14:14 pm
      Absolutely not, League 1 is his level atm. Couldn't get anywhere near the Sheffield team last season.

Actually wasnt referring to his current form more about where he should be after he broke through and being a Wales international
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #280: Jul 30, 2019 06:27:13 pm
      Actually wasnt referring to his current form more about where he should be after he broke through and being a Wales international

I agree with CT that we won't see him with our first team again. I doubt he's long for Wales either, to be honest . Was an exciting prospect for sure, but that last hurdle seems to be the toughest. Shows how impressive Trent's development has been
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #281: Jul 30, 2019 07:30:12 pm
      Dropping down to the Championship is one thing, but dropping down to League 1 I think shows he hasn’t got what it takes to be anything with us.
      I’ve never massively rated him, just happened to be in the right place at the right time vs Leeds and was hyped up from that IMO.
      Sadly will be another who had early potential but will linger in the lower divisions.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Benjamin Woodburn Player Thread (on loan at Oxford United)
      Reply #282: Jul 31, 2019 04:55:34 pm
      Looks like he will follow the same path as the likes of Kent, Ojo and Wilson where hopefully they have good season on loan to be able to spin them off for a profit in the market. Always felt he missed his chance to show what he can do at the end of 2017/2018 season where we were resting players for our UCL run but during that time picked up injury thus missing out on small window to play with the first team. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #283: Jul 31, 2019 10:38:43 pm
      Looks like he will follow the same path as the likes of Kent, Ojo and Wilson where hopefully they have good season on loan to be able to spin them off for a profit in the market. Always felt he missed his chance to show what he can do at the end of 2017/2018 season where we were resting players for our UCL run but during that time picked up injury thus missing out on small window to play with the first team.

Think he's well below/behind all three to be honest. Wilson may still make it with us, while Kent and Ojo have or will excel with Rangers, which must be above League One in level.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #284: Aug 01, 2019 05:15:16 am
      Think he's well below/behind all three to be honest. Wilson may still make it with us, while Kent and Ojo have or will excel with Rangers, which must be above League One in level.

I feel like besides Celtic right now the SPL is pretty much the standard of League One though players do get European experience for what it is worth. Players mention who are above him are 2 and 3 years older then Woodburn so who is to say a couple years on loan maybe he does get better and worth a try in the first team. Just seems most likely following the path of the 3 players I mention.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #285: Aug 01, 2019 11:41:04 am
      I feel like besides Celtic right now the SPL is pretty much the standard of League One though players do get European experience for what it is worth. Players mention who are above him are 2 and 3 years older then Woodburn so who is to say a couple years on loan maybe he does get better and worth a try in the first team. Just seems most likely following the path of the 3 players I mention.

Rangers under Stevie are probably a Championship-level side, but otherwise I agree with your post. If Ben can turn it around and get back on trajectory for our first team that would be great, but it will take a reversal.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Re: Ben Woodburn Player Thread (on loan at Hearts)
      Reply #286: Jun 09, 2022 09:22:39 pm
      See hes been released. The youngest player to ever score for the club. Tipped for the top, playing for his country.

I hope he finds a club down the pyramid or up in Scotland and can forge out a career for himself.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Ben Woodburn Player Thread (on loan at Hearts)
      Reply #287: Jul 19, 2022 02:04:16 pm
      On 4 July 2022, following the expiry of his Liverpool contract, Woodburn signed a one-year contract with Championship side Preston North End with an option for a further year

Quick Reply