Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Lazar Markovic - Sporting and others

Read 14326 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Lazar Markovic - Sporting and others
      Jul 15, 2016 01:01:17 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Lazar Markovic - Sporting and others
      Reply #1: Jul 15, 2016 01:03:56 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2: Jul 15, 2016 01:07:48 pm
      If he was to go that would suggest Milner will be our option for the right wing. Happy with that.

I have really wanted Marko to succeed but watching him being outshone by the likes of Woodburn and Kent suggests his time might be up here.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Jul 15, 2016 01:09:18 pm
      Another failure [football wise, that is].   :sadlook:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4: Jul 15, 2016 01:16:50 pm
      Damn. This one really did not work out.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #5: Jul 15, 2016 01:34:58 pm
      Pity. I thought we could use him this season but he failed to impress Klopp. We still lack pace behind the striker IMO.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6: Jul 15, 2016 01:41:47 pm
      Another one in the list of players who were "misused" by Rodgers but who Jürgen doesn't seem to fancy either.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Jul 15, 2016 01:42:09 pm
      He's going to get sold for peanuts isn't he. Can see it coming.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #8: Jul 15, 2016 01:42:53 pm
      Pity. I thought we could use him this season but he failed to impress Klopp. We still lack pace behind the striker IMO.

We have Mane and if needed Ojo on the right.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9: Jul 15, 2016 01:45:45 pm
      He's going to get sold for peanuts isn't he. Can see it coming.

Well I'd be surprised if we get much for him mate, he's pretty average when all said and done and totally unsuited to English football as well.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #10: Jul 15, 2016 01:49:00 pm
      No, wouldn't sell him this season, if we don't get a silly bid.

Still young, the talent and pace is there. Let's wait a season and see what jk gets out of him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11: Jul 15, 2016 02:01:02 pm
      I doubt we sell him for peanuts more likely if we don't get a decent bid he will be loaned out.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Jul 15, 2016 02:30:33 pm
      Another one in the list of players who were "misused" by Rodgers but who Jürgen doesn't seem to fancy either.

Give it a F***ing rest
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Jul 15, 2016 02:46:38 pm
      Sell to the highest bidder, can't see him being an integral part in Jürgen's team the whole season, I'd take £15m for him but nothing less.

YNWA
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #14: Jul 15, 2016 02:48:40 pm
      I'd take £100 for him. I'm better at football than this kid.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Jul 15, 2016 03:16:28 pm
      Hang on a moment, do we know for a fact that Klopp doesn't fancy him as a player or this just speculation?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16: Jul 15, 2016 03:22:01 pm

The day I take advice from your good self on what to post, when to post and how to post on a football forum I'll give up altogether. I do read your stuff about Croatian players with interest though, keep that coming at least.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Jul 15, 2016 03:29:57 pm
      Sell to the highest bidder, can't see him being an integral part in Jürgen's team the whole season, I'd take £15m for him but nothing less.

YNWA

We'll be lucky to get anything close to that from a Portuguese team.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #18: Jul 15, 2016 03:36:13 pm

Have to think selling Joao Mario to Inter they will have a little bit of cash to spend. Personally I would like to see him stay for the season to get a shot at establishing himself at the club but I get the feeling if the club can recoup a good chuck of money that they paid for him a couple years ago they will sell off
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #19: Jul 15, 2016 03:48:28 pm
      He was totally anonymous in the Fleetwood game, if he's nothing else he's consistent.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Jul 15, 2016 03:50:00 pm
      So for our front four, how do you see it stacking up in terms of pecking order?

Sturridge has to be the first choice center forward, doesn't he. I gather Origi is then the next choice there.

We've seen Mane on the right and the left so far, and Phil can play both sides as well, and both of these can play behind the striker.

Roberto can play both sides, behind the striker and center forward as well. Lallana can play both sides, right? Same with Milner? Same with Ojo?

So Markkovic makes a ninth player competing for four positions on the park. I should note that how the midfielders are positioned can effect this too. Grujic seemed to be more the attacking mid than the 2nd central mid the other day, but I think we see him as playing box to box rather than behind the striker, yes?

It's good to have attacking options, but Klopp may feel Markovic will need to really knocks his socks off to warrant keeping a place here. I don't think he's dreadful the way some of you do, but I agree he hasn't really turned any heads so far this preseason. There's always Sunday...
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #21: Jul 15, 2016 03:53:43 pm

The new President of Sporting, Bruno de Carvalho has an extremely strong desire to win the league as soon as possible and will be a lot more willing to spend the money to do so than Presidents of the past who have seen the club as more of a team for developing talent and selling off and then reinvesting that money in youth setups, camps, etc that were responsible for developing some of the best in the world.

As a result of this, he's a lot less likely to let players go on the cheap and is a lot more likely to spend the money required to get his championship in the now. More similar to how Benfica and Porto have been operating over the last decades already.

Long story short, I can easily see Sporting being willing to spend that kind of money if it's a player they have faith in to improve the squad - especially with Joao Mario set to head out and surely more to come (William Carvalho, Adrien, etc).
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Jul 15, 2016 04:03:26 pm
      The new President of Sporting, Bruno de Carvalho has an extremely strong desire to win the league as soon as possible and will be a lot more willing to spend the money to do so than Presidents of the past who have seen the club as more of a team for developing talent and selling off and then reinvesting that money in youth setups, camps, etc that were responsible for developing some of the best in the world.

As a result of this, he's a lot less likely to let players go on the cheap and is a lot more likely to spend the money required to get his championship in the now. More similar to how Benfica and Porto have been operating over the last decades already.

Long story short, I can easily see Sporting being willing to spend that kind of money if it's a player they have faith in to improve the squad - especially with Joao Mario set to head out and surely more to come (William Carvalho, Adrien, etc).

You say the old President was one for developing then selling off but then you say the current President is also looking to sell off what seem like some very important players for Sporting. Doesn't seem to be any change at all if that's the case.

Quick Reply