Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Amazon Firestick

Read 20302 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Amazon Firestick
      Jul 16, 2016 09:07:48 am
      Who's got one of these? If yes, are you using it for Kodi?

Had mine for well over a year now and use it for my Netflix and obviously Prime TV. Quite nice the way it syncs my Amazon music etc. With this I've also got a Blade Box and yesterday I put Kodi onto my Firestick so quite content with cutting my Sky bill right down now. I'll give Kodi a few weeks trial before making a decision on whether to keep pr jib the Amazon Prime membership.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Amazon Firestick
      Reply #1: Jul 16, 2016 09:09:19 am
      Who's got one of these? If yes, are you using it for Kodi?

Had mine for well over a year now and use it for my Netflix and obviously Prime TV. Quite nice the way it syncs my Amazon music etc. With this I've also got a Blade Box and yesterday I put Kodi onto my Firestick so quite content with cutting my Sky bill right down now. I'll give Kodi a few weeks trial before making a decision on whether to keep pr jib the Amazon Prime membership.

I use a pi 2 for kodi and yup have stopped loading the pockets of Murdoch.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Jul 16, 2016 09:29:58 am
      Hi, what is kodi? Is it basically just accessing poor quality streams or is it broadcast quality?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Jul 16, 2016 09:32:49 am
      Hi, what is kodi? Is it basically just accessing poor quality streams or is it broadcast quality?

Yes it's a streaming service, i can always get at least 720p and sometimes 1080p so not poor quality at all.

All the movies, tv shows and sport.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #4: Jul 16, 2016 09:52:34 am
      I use a pi 2 for kodi and yup have stopped loading the pockets of Murdoch.

What's pi 2. A programme option to add after the installation of Kodi and Ares? All new to this. I got directed to Pulse CCM as it updates itself while you still watch or something like that. Could I have pi 2 and Pulse as choices or one or the other?

You have a Firestick?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Jul 16, 2016 10:11:07 am
      What's pi 2. A programme option to add after the installation of Kodi and Ares? All new to this. I got directed to Pulse CCM as it updates itself while you still watch or something like that. Could I have pi 2 and Pulse as choices or one or the other?

You have a Firestick?

Pi is basically a little computer you can get for less than £50, I have openlec programme loaded on mine.

There is a tonne of cheap Chinese android boxes on eBay pre loaded with kodi you can get for £20.

Some addons for you -

Exodus for your movies and tv shows

Phoenix, UKTurk for Entertainment

Zem Tv, castaway, NJM Soccer, Money sports for sports.

I don't have a build as I just have the addons I want.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #6: Jul 16, 2016 10:15:12 am
      Pi is basically a little computer you can get for less than £50, I have openlec programme loaded on mine.

There is a tonne of cheap Chinese android boxes on eBay pre loaded with kodi you can get for £20.

Some addons for you -

Exodus for your movies and tv shows

Phoenix, UKTurk for Entertainment

Zem Tv, castaway, NJM Soccer, Money sports for sports.

I don't have a build as I just have the addons I want.

Thanks. I'll be honest in that I'm not too sure what any of that means but I'll probably understand more after I've had a proper week or two to play with it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7: Jul 16, 2016 10:34:06 am
      Thanks. I'll be honest in that I'm not too sure what any of that means but I'll probably understand more after I've had a proper week or two to play with it.

If you are using a build then a lot of those addons should already be there.

If not then just google and there is a tonne of YouTube videos showing you how to install them.

Have a play and if you like kodi I can recommend you a paid service which will save you the hassle of glitching streams and a load of money. I have cancelled my sky sub.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #8: Jul 16, 2016 10:50:18 am
      If you are using a build then a lot of those addons should already be there.

If not then just google and there is a tonne of YouTube videos showing you how to install them.

Have a play and if you like kodi I can recommend you a paid service which will save you the hassle of glitching streams and a load of money. I have cancelled my sky sub.

Okay sound. As I've already got a Blade Box I've cancelled most of our Sky too. Movies and Sports the notable ones. I've kept BT Sport for now as I like to know that there's something I know will 100% be there in perfect HD when I want. Got SS1 on through Kodi as I write this. Internet picture so not great but watchable and not freezed or anything (yet). And free.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #9: Jul 16, 2016 10:56:52 am
      Quick one Hs: what do you mean by a 'build'? I have literally followed idiot (me) proof steps to install Kodi, then Ares Wizard and then Pulse CCM and now have what I see in front of me. Haven't a clue about anything Kodi besides me having a play with the channels I see before me? All the surrounding stuff I really have no idea about.

Are there hints and tips I should know about?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #10: Jul 16, 2016 12:03:42 pm
      Quick one Hs: what do you mean by a 'build'? I have literally followed idiot (me) proof steps to install Kodi, then Ares Wizard and then Pulse CCM and now have what I see in front of me. Haven't a clue about anything Kodi besides me having a play with the channels I see before me? All the surrounding stuff I really have no idea about.

Are there hints and tips I should know about?

Pulse ccm is a build with all addons preloaded by a developer, lots of other builds like paradox, black box, wookie etc.
      Great for a newbie only issue arises if one of the addon goes awol then you get problems until the developer sends down a fix.

Follow bestforkodi and koditips on twitter and you are sorted.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #11: Jul 17, 2016 09:57:39 am
      Me and yes... tidy piece of kit and for someone [me] who has refused to get Sky - total 'vindication' and 'reward Wahs.

Since I know the lingo now, what build are you using?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Jul 17, 2016 10:07:23 am
      We have one, no idea how to use it or what it's capable of as it seems pretty useless to me if I can't get footy.  So many times last season when our games weren't on tv due to the EL could we F**k find the game on any of the options given in various threads.  Always ended up using a stream on the laptop instead.

Paul does all the geeky stuff and he's pretty fussy with picture quality etc so unless it's pretty goddamn perfect he won't have it on the tv.  He's getting something else for when the season starts, something like £60 a year so we can get every game including all the the 3pm Saturday kick offs.

It's pretty good when Keiras staying and we want to watch sport, he's put his old tv in her room so she gets to watch virtually any film she wants and can pick them rather than only have a choice of what tv is showing.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: Jul 17, 2016 10:16:17 am
      Since I know the lingo now, what build are you using?
      F**k knows  :laugh:... the folk from work sorted it all for me when I was initially off with my heart attack. I do know ES was downloaded first then an exe file and that 'Spinz' is involved. Best I can do mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Jul 17, 2016 10:18:25 am
      I am definitely a technophobe and this thread seems to be in some outer world language. I have a firestick stuck in the back of my TV it works but I am looking to get shut of SKY at £110 a month I just don't think its worth it.
      IF LFC TV showed all our matches I would gladly pay half of that  so FSG see what your missing.
      So how do I get shut of Sky but still watch the footie I have Netflix and the Firestick.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Jul 17, 2016 10:49:51 am
      I am definitely a technophobe and this thread seems to be in some outer world language. I have a firestick stuck in the back of my TV it works but I am looking to get shut of SKY at £110 a month I just don't think its worth it.
      IF LFC TV showed all our matches I would gladly pay half of that  so FSG see what your missing.
      So how do I get shut of Sky but still watch the footie I have Netflix and the Firestick.

Join the club Walt  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16: Jul 17, 2016 10:50:52 am
      I got mine free and if you don't feel comfortable enough to google it and try it yourself - ask someone if they know someone who will put Kodi onto your firestick (or just buy one, pre-loaded, off ebay)... you won't need to use Sky or Netflix again.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #17: Jul 17, 2016 02:00:16 pm

I am a computer w**ker. Not a clue.

I have a Blade Box but installed Kodi on my Firestick too on Friday. The Blade is good and has things that Kodi doesnt and vice versa. Piece of piss to install Kodi.

I literally turned my Firestick on with only the control in my hand and done this for free:

Step 1:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

Step 2:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-pulse-ccm-build-kodi/

If I can do it anybody can. No sh*t.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #18: Jul 17, 2016 02:03:20 pm
      And if you get stuck at all give us a DM and I'll send you my mobile and see if I can help.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #19: Jul 18, 2016 12:28:18 pm
      I am a computer w**ker. Not a clue.

I have a Blade Box but installed Kodi on my Firestick too on Friday. The Blade is good and has things that Kodi doesnt and vice versa. Piece of piss to install Kodi.

I literally turned my Firestick on with only the control in my hand and done this for free:

Step 1:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

Step 2:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-pulse-ccm-build-kodi/

If I can do it anybody can. No sh*t.

I got the missus one for Christmas, was working fine but freezing everytime you go on it now.

I got it pre loaded with a build called 'the hulk' or something.

Think I'm gonna wipe it (if I can?) and then follow the links you provided WAHS.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #20: Jul 19, 2016 11:32:23 am
      One of the main issues with any streaming service is how good is your internet service.

Always best to go with a hard wired internet rather than wifi if possible.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #21: Jul 24, 2016 11:06:42 pm
      Vrigin 200mg broadband and Zem TV, Lfc or Phoenix repos on Kodi. Murdoch can go suck a duck and means 3pm streams on big screen too :).
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #22: Jul 30, 2016 05:56:27 pm
      Just get yourself a cheap windows tablet with hdmi connection or use your pc.

I find the wifi and connections work better on a pc or decent tablet/phone.

If you've got an android and fairly recent TV you might have screen mirroring which works fine on my phone.

Install kodi jarvis

Watch a video to install ares wizard onto kodi.

Watch a video to install pulse ccm through the ares wizard.

Job done, fully loaded stream box on your pc, tablet or phone. Connect to TV and watch.

Go to the Zem TV add on then Sports then either uni TV or pac TV. One of them has got lfc TV.

That's really all you need, it takes about 20 minutes to set up and most of the time is waiting for kodi and pulse to download and install.

It's probably about 30 mouse clicks and pressing 30 keyboard keys until you are done.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #23: Jul 31, 2016 08:45:52 pm
      Anyone got a infinity TV box I've heard they are the dogs bollocks for all sports & movies,  or could I get as good a service with just a firestick & WiFi.?

I'm gonna F**k sky off Robbing bas**rds so need my footie fix.

HELP!!

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #24: Aug 17, 2016 12:39:37 pm
      Anyone got a infinity TV box I've heard they are the dogs bollocks for all sports & movies,  or could I get as good a service with just a firestick & WiFi.?

I'm gonna f**k sky off Robbing bas**rds so need my footie fix.

HELP!!

YNWA

They both use the same software to stream - Kodi

Firestick will be cheaper but you need to make sure you have a decent wifi.
      For best results it's always best to hard wire your internet connection.

As an extra just picked up an excellent add on to download has all the sports channels and sky extras. Clu IPTV

http://bestforkodi.com/install-clu-iptv-kodi-addon/
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #25: Aug 26, 2016 08:07:17 pm
      Another here who uses Kodi through my raspberry pi 3,one of the best investments I ever made,and has saved me a fortune over the years,binned off my Virgin package and just kept there interwebby.
      The actual box is just a bit bigger than a pack of playing cards ,I've had no issues with watching the footy,films ,TV series etc.
      Most are streamed in HD .admittedly the quality can vary depending on your internet speed,so for those contemplating getting one I would personally recommend it ,as mentioned you can buy them pre built with Kodi installed via eBay if you don't fancy building your own.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #26: Nov 06, 2016 07:04:50 pm
      They both use the same software to stream - Kodi

Firestick will be cheaper but you need to make sure you have a decent wifi.
      For best results it's always best to hard wire your internet connection.

As an extra just picked up an excellent add on to download has all the sports channels and sky extras. Clu IPTV

http://bestforkodi.com/install-clu-iptv-kodi-addon/

Will give that a whirl.

Just added Mobdro to my Firestick in no more than 10 minutes with just the Firestick remote in my hand.

Had decent for Sky channels etc and really easy to do:

http://www.toptutorials.co.uk/how-to-install-mobdro-on-a-firestick-no-pc-needed-easy-method/
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #27: Nov 09, 2016 09:28:48 pm
      Will give that a whirl.

Just added Mobdro to my Firestick in no more than 10 minutes with just the Firestick remote in my hand.

Had decent for Sky channels etc and really easy to do:

http://www.toptutorials.co.uk/how-to-install-mobdro-on-a-firestick-no-pc-needed-easy-method/

If you've got an android phone you can get an app called apps2fire and then you can link it to your fire stick and just push any app you have on your phone to the fire stick.

Saves a lot of arseing around. Just select the app, click install and wait for it to finish

Also get the fire tv remote app and get the yatse app this let's you control kodi with your phone. You can then type movies and stuff with your phone keyboard instead of moving to letters with the remote.
      j18
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #28: May 03, 2017 12:44:50 pm
      If you've got an android phone you can get an app called apps2fire and then you can link it to your fire stick and just push any app you have on your phone to the fire stick.

Saves a lot of arseing around. Just select the app, click install and wait for it to finish

Also get the fire tv remote app and get the yatse app this let's you control kodi with your phone. You can then type movies and stuff with your phone keyboard instead of moving to letters with the remote.

You don't need to do that mess. You can install Kodi from the Firestick. For that, you need to install downloader app from amazon app store. I installed by looking steps from http://www.thetechtoys.com/install-kodi-firestick/ . You can follow the steps to install kodi on firestick. You can also do that using ES Explorer App. Explained in the link.

Quick Reply