Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Luton?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      0 (0%)
      Conor Bradley
      7 (9.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (23.3%)
      Jarell Quansah
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      3 (4.1%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      18 (24.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.4%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      11 (15.1%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.4%)
      Harvey Elliott
      15 (20.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      James McConnell
      0 (0%)
      Jayden Danns
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: Feb 25, 2024 09:25:56 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Luton Town: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8049 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Luton Town: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Feb 22, 2024 12:02:05 pm
      The first 7 pages of this thread is the reason i don’t post so much anymore, where the F**k is the belief in our squad??

Five changes were made, no Mo, no Nunez, No Jota, no Trent, no Szlobos, no Alisson, no Konate, half of Robbo, yet we’re expected to perform at our best when even with most of them in the side we haven’t been at our best all f***in season long ??

Even before a ball was kicked we had posters chucking the towel in,  and haven’t been seen since,

……we are sh*te, Gravenberch needs to be sold , Harvey isn’t a starter, Diaz is useless, Gakpo is crap, Robbo our only hope from the bench, Kelleher’s fault for their goal, Kelleher distribution is sh*te, Diaz can’t f***in shoot…..

Just a few of the comments posted before HT, i dunno but the support these days are a far cry from what it used to be, it seems these days if we don’t perform our ‘A’ game every time we cross the whitewash the team get f***in slated, or are expected to perform miracles despite the injury list, it wasn’t great viewing, it wasn’t exactly title winning form but ffs have some more faith in what was essentially a ‘C’  team, a few wise heads and a smattering of kids, that for the most part had only spent a minimum of time on the training paddock ??

Yet still gave every thing they f***in had, worked their nads off to ensure we got the 3 points, to uphold our title challenge, to beat a in form Luton side that have taken points off some of the bigger fish, and for a good 20/25 minutes absolutely battered Luton into submission, got the goals we needed and sent a massive F**k YOU to the doubters & naysayers not forgetting the pro Manchester Shitty media, who still believe will run away with the title!!!

Well, think again you ignorant KUNTS, cos we ain’t going anywhere!!!

IMAGINE BEING US  !!!!

YNWA

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #461: Feb 22, 2024 12:05:41 pm
      In the end this game had everything we wanted with three points, no new injuries, Gakpo/Diaz scoring and Macca looking more effective in an more advanced role.

Keep the good vibes going to Wembly for the league cup final
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #462: Feb 22, 2024 12:06:00 pm
      With the first two chances Diaz missed and then Luton scored looked like another one of those nights till that second half, well done for keeping the pressure up
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 737 
      Reply #463: Feb 22, 2024 01:07:54 pm
      The first 7 pages of this thread is the reason i don’t post so much anymore, where the F**k is the belief in our squad??

Five changes were made, no Mo, no Nunez, No Jota, no Trent, no Szlobos, no Alisson, no Konate, half of Robbo, yet we’re expected to perform at our best when even with most of them in the side we haven’t been at our best all f***in season long ??

Even before a ball was kicked we had posters chucking the towel in,  and haven’t been seen since,

……we are sh*te, Gravenberch needs to be sold , Harvey isn’t a starter, Diaz is useless, Gakpo is crap, Robbo our only hope from the bench, Kelleher’s fault for their goal, Kelleher distribution is sh*te, Diaz can’t f***in shoot…..

Just a few of the comments posted before HT, i dunno but the support these days are a far cry from what it used to be, it seems these days if we don’t perform our ‘A’ game every time we cross the whitewash the team get f***in slated, or are expected to perform miracles despite the injury list, it wasn’t great viewing, it wasn’t exactly title winning form but ffs have some more faith in what was essentially a ‘C’  team, a few wise heads and a smattering of kids, that for the most part had only spent a minimum of time on the training paddock ??

Yet still gave every thing they f***in had, worked their nads off to ensure we got the 3 points, to uphold our title challenge, to beat a in form Luton side that have taken points off some of the bigger fish, and for a good 20/25 minutes absolutely battered Luton into submission, got the goals we needed and sent a massive F**k YOU to the doubters & naysayers not forgetting the pro Manchester Shitty media, who still believe will run away with the title!!!

Well, think again you ignorant KUNTS, cos we ain’t going anywhere!!!

IMAGINE BEING US  !!!!

YNWA
      I understand your main point but as so often context is everything. I thought we basically battered Luton all game, the difference being the inability to finish in the first half, contrasted with sharper focus and intent in the second half. Supporters writing "Elliott is rubbish" as I did last night at half time, don't really mean Elliott is rubbish...it's just an emotional scream of frustration....venting in the moment. Of course what's written on here has no influence on the players in terms of support. Also I'm not sure I'd agree that the side was "C" grade...most were senior squad, though admittedly not always first team picks.
      Onwards.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3352 
      Reply #464: Feb 22, 2024 01:14:23 pm
      Chalk another one off. Just a dozen games to go now and we're guaranteed to be top at the start of March.

Couple of other little milestones ticked off last night. Harvey scored our 100th goal of the season and the three points secured our place in the League for next season. Both Luton and the bitters have joined Burnley and Sheff Utd in teams who can longer catch us this season.

As for our performance, it's being overly criticised again just like it was against United. On another day, we could of been five or six up at half time and not been flattered at all. We F***ing twatted them. They had one lucky break of the ball and scored, whereas we didn't have out shooting boots on for the first 45. Second half we rectified it and got the scoreline we deserved.

Four goals, four different goalscorers and goals for our forwards as well - which now means all five of our main forwards this season have hit double figures in terms of goals. Not too shabby la. A good run out for some of the younger lads and with the number of injuries we had going into the game, a comfortable 4-1 win is not to be sneezed at.

Kelleher - getting flack for the goal but other than that, a comfortable night for him on a wet Anfield night. Doesn't strike me as the type who'll let a mistake eat away at him either. Brush it off and onto the Cup final this Sunday.

Bradley - another good showing from the young lad. Quickly developing the centre mid role as well. Few times he was driving at them from the middle of the park and our best player for much of the game. He was the one in the second half looking to make things happen. Mind blowing how quickly he's established himself as a first team regular.

Quansah - another good run out for him. Was helped by the fact that Luton didn't really attempt to threaten us until the game was done and dusted towards the end but he still played his part. And I liked the way he brought the ball out of the back and went on those Joel Matip like runs. Another who has given Klopp the ability to rest/rotate others knowing the youngster coming in is an able substitute.

Van Dijk - thankfully looks to have put those shaky performances against Chelsea and Arsenal behind him and has put back-to-back top drawer performances together. An on form Virg is exactly what we need as push on for the quad. And what a F***ing bullet header to get us going.

Gomez - had his customary shot in the first half that just whistled over. It's unfair on him that he'll be dropped for Robbo once Robertson is back to full fitness but we are offered better balance with Robbo in the team. Joey has proven what a vital part to this side he is this season.

Mac Allister - showed a slightly different side to his game to what we've been used to now that he's pushing further forward with Endo sitting deep. Probably a bit more of the sort of player we all thought we were buying. Showing a lot more consistency than he was earlier in the season.

Endo - your typical hard working, robust performance from the cult hero. Won't get many headlines or plaudits outside of Liverpool but who the F**k cares - we love him and that's all that matters.

Gravenberch - another under the radar performance but a bit more solid than he has been recently, a good follow up to the Brentford game where I also thought he did alright. Got around the pitch well. Maybe kept it a bit simpler than he would when in full flow but I thought he played well.

Elliott - genuinely staggered that he's been given as many votes for man of the match as he has because I thought he was shocking, first half in particular. So much so that I said if he can be a professional footballer then there's still hope for me. Ended up with a lovely goal to put the cherry on the result but I thought his all round game was poor and confirmed to me that he's not good enough to start in place of Mo.

Gakpo - a really good poachers goal and I find that with Cody, he comes alive in and around the six yard box. His link up play outside the box is boss as we've seen since he arrived but he becomes a real threat with the close range finishes. Didn't have a great game but grew into it and scored. It's two in two for him and as a centre forward you'll be judged on how many you score so he's doing all he can to say to Jürgen, I deserve to start at Wembley.

Diaz - poor finishing cost him from being lauded as the greatest thing since sliced bread. He was a handful all game, as he so often is these days. But he wasted chance after chance in the first. Made up he did get his goal because he deserved it. Five in his last ten starts now. People wanted him to add goals to his game, he certainly has. And I think he felt the responsibility fell on him as one of the few first choice starters actually playing - especially in the forward roles.

Robertson - made a great run in the open space for Lucho's goal, I actually thought Diaz should have passed but thankfully he scored anyway. Robbo's reaction told me that he's really up for this title challenge. I said the same during the Brentford game. Having a proven winner and leader back in the fold can only help us.

Clark - another good run out for him. Somehow got booked for one of the Luton lads jumping into him but that's par for the corse with that sh*t ref we had (how we didn't get a penalty for handball is still beyond me). Hasn't caught the eye the way Bradley has but is providing us with another option.

McConnell - came on and helped us see the game through. Hopefully gets a start against Southampton in the FA Cup because he was quality against Norwich in the last round.

Danns - as I've said for a few of our lads this season, he's now played for Liverpool Football Club and nobody can take that away from him. Whatever happens in his career, he can say he's done what we'd all love to do and that's wear the Red of our great club. And he's born on the 16th January so he has to be alright in my book.

Overall, a good win. A third 4-1 victory in our last five games, which just shows how much confidence we're playing with right now. Four goals, four different scorers, started by our number 4 and moving four points clear at the top of the League. Can't say that isn't a good way to go into the first major cup final of the season.

Just keep doing what we're doing and we'll win the F***ing lot.

Well done Reds.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,280 posts | 763 
      Reply #465: Feb 22, 2024 01:29:43 pm
      The problem is most supporters including myself, want the game wrapped up in the first half hour, which is not always possible to say the least.

I think fans expect a bit too much at times and become frustrated, I'm afraid I am no exception, although I am only listening on the radio, here in "Sunny Rhyl"

The side on the whole have done really well, once again four different players chipping in with goals, showing the allround ability of the team.

Look forward to the rest of the season, to see silverware being put in the cupboard from this truly amazing squad of players !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #466: Feb 22, 2024 01:40:19 pm
      TAA will be straight back in there when he is fit

He won’t be sitting as a sub

It’s also worth noting that a lot of issues for us even came down his side yesterday including the goal

He is bright , energetic but he isn’t a patch on TaA on the ball

He'd better watch himself, the crowd are firmly in Bradley's favour of staying at right back!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #467: Feb 22, 2024 01:48:27 pm
      He'd better watch himself, the crowd are firmly in Bradley's favour of staying at right back!!

They will be - he is a young lad with a bright future but it’s a long way to go yet

It’s nothing but good news for us though because TAA will know he has competition

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #468: Feb 22, 2024 02:04:02 pm

Bradley all day at right back. He does both sides of the game. He attacks as well as trent and he's head n shoulders a better defender.

The shirt is his and I don't see anyone taking it from him.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #469: Feb 22, 2024 02:18:30 pm
      But if Robbo starts Joe might be right back. I get the buzz around Conor but the Boss might want more experience. Joe has been immense this season and might get the nod.

Far as Elliott is concerned..he's 20 and apart from his father nobody thinks he is a better option than Mo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #470: Feb 22, 2024 02:31:48 pm
      But if Robbo starts Joe might be right back. I get the buzz around Conor but the Boss might want more experience. Joe has been immense this season and might get the nod.

Far as Elliott is concerned..he's 20 and apart from his father nobody thinks he is a better option than Mo.

I think that’s exactly what’s will happen - Gomez at Right back
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #471: Feb 22, 2024 03:37:47 pm

I wouldn't get in a twist mate, it's just the usual matchday thread. I don't usually post much during the game live but many like to air their frustrations much as you would hear live in the stands. It's all very different once the game has finished.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #472: Feb 22, 2024 03:41:07 pm

I hope not mate, Gomez has been rock solid but good things happen when Bradley gets the ball, it's as simple as that. We wre so much better in the 2nd half with him drifting inside and seeing more of the ball (Gomez did the same on the left) and Mac playing a little further foreard. Klopp made all the right adjustments.

Bradley is superb. What a find he has been. The new manager (whoever that is) is a lucky bugger. WitbBradley and Quansah breaking through this season, Elliott progressing and players like Doak and McConnell also showing great promise we're in good shape.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #473: Feb 22, 2024 03:46:50 pm

Agree, I think it’s Trent’s problem getting his place back, in fact I’d argue it’s Trent’s problem to fight for a midfield position with Szlobos, Jones’s et al, Endo has cemented the six role and Macca has pushed forward into the role he was bought for, it’s not a bad thing though is it, in fact it’s a healthy problem to have, once everyone is fit, young Bacjetic will have the same problem when he returns too.

Overall, from keepers to forwards we’re pretty much sorted for a few seasons aren’t we, and we have a lorry load of kids coming thru, all capable of filling in quite easily!!!

YNWA
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #474: Feb 22, 2024 04:11:46 pm

Fair play to Harvey though. As salah himself said the lad stays after training ... works on his game. Works on his weaknesses. Mo's influence is rubbing off on him for sure. There's obvious improvement in Harvey's game.

As for Joe at right back. He's a good option. Whilst solid defensively he doesn't offer what Bradley does going forward. So he'd be back up to Connor for me. Good thing with Joe is he can play anywhere across that back line. Whatever he did over the summer has paid dividends. Its obvious hes put alot of work in to his game. He's come back much improved from last season, arguably better than at any time he's been here. And his fitness doesn't seem to be an issue (touch wood). He looks strong and has gotten his old zip back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #475: Feb 22, 2024 05:47:16 pm

Either tbh, I've said before Gomez has been brilliant this season, him or Bradley at rb and move Trent permo into midfield.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #476: Feb 22, 2024 06:29:48 pm
      Either tbh, I've said before Gomez has been brilliant this season, him or Bradley at rb and move Trent permo into midfield.

I agree. I'd go with Connor at RB though. Joe is still a quality CB.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #477: Feb 23, 2024 06:29:53 am
      Chalk another one off. Just a dozen games to go now and we're guaranteed to be top at the start of March.

Couple of other little milestones ticked off last night. Harvey scored our 100th goal of the season and the three points secured our place in the League for next season. Both Luton and the bitters have joined Burnley and Sheff Utd in teams who can longer catch us this season.

As for our performance, it's being overly criticised again just like it was against United. On another day, we could of been five or six up at half time and not been flattered at all. We F***ing twatted them. They had one lucky break of the ball and scored, whereas we didn't have out shooting boots on for the first 45. Second half we rectified it and got the scoreline we deserved.

Four goals, four different goalscorers and goals for our forwards as well - which now means all five of our main forwards this season have hit double figures in terms of goals. Not too shabby la. A good run out for some of the younger lads and with the number of injuries we had going into the game, a comfortable 4-1 win is not to be sneezed at.

Kelleher - getting flack for the goal but other than that, a comfortable night for him on a wet Anfield night. Doesn't strike me as the type who'll let a mistake eat away at him either. Brush it off and onto the Cup final this Sunday.

Bradley - another good showing from the young lad. Quickly developing the centre mid role as well. Few times he was driving at them from the middle of the park and our best player for much of the game. He was the one in the second half looking to make things happen. Mind blowing how quickly he's established himself as a first team regular.

Quansah - another good run out for him. Was helped by the fact that Luton didn't really attempt to threaten us until the game was done and dusted towards the end but he still played his part. And I liked the way he brought the ball out of the back and went on those Joel Matip like runs. Another who has given Klopp the ability to rest/rotate others knowing the youngster coming in is an able substitute.

Van Dijk - thankfully looks to have put those shaky performances against Chelsea and Arsenal behind him and has put back-to-back top drawer performances together. An on form Virg is exactly what we need as push on for the quad. And what a F***ing bullet header to get us going.

Gomez - had his customary shot in the first half that just whistled over. It's unfair on him that he'll be dropped for Robbo once Robertson is back to full fitness but we are offered better balance with Robbo in the team. Joey has proven what a vital part to this side he is this season.

Mac Allister - showed a slightly different side to his game to what we've been used to now that he's pushing further forward with Endo sitting deep. Probably a bit more of the sort of player we all thought we were buying. Showing a lot more consistency than he was earlier in the season.

Endo - your typical hard working, robust performance from the cult hero. Won't get many headlines or plaudits outside of Liverpool but who the F**k cares - we love him and that's all that matters.

Gravenberch - another under the radar performance but a bit more solid than he has been recently, a good follow up to the Brentford game where I also thought he did alright. Got around the pitch well. Maybe kept it a bit simpler than he would when in full flow but I thought he played well.

Elliott - genuinely staggered that he's been given as many votes for man of the match as he has because I thought he was shocking, first half in particular. So much so that I said if he can be a professional footballer then there's still hope for me. Ended up with a lovely goal to put the cherry on the result but I thought his all round game was poor and confirmed to me that he's not good enough to start in place of Mo.

Gakpo - a really good poachers goal and I find that with Cody, he comes alive in and around the six yard box. His link up play outside the box is boss as we've seen since he arrived but he becomes a real threat with the close range finishes. Didn't have a great game but grew into it and scored. It's two in two for him and as a centre forward you'll be judged on how many you score so he's doing all he can to say to Jürgen, I deserve to start at Wembley.

Diaz - poor finishing cost him from being lauded as the greatest thing since sliced bread. He was a handful all game, as he so often is these days. But he wasted chance after chance in the first. Made up he did get his goal because he deserved it. Five in his last ten starts now. People wanted him to add goals to his game, he certainly has. And I think he felt the responsibility fell on him as one of the few first choice starters actually playing - especially in the forward roles.

Robertson - made a great run in the open space for Lucho's goal, I actually thought Diaz should have passed but thankfully he scored anyway. Robbo's reaction told me that he's really up for this title challenge. I said the same during the Brentford game. Having a proven winner and leader back in the fold can only help us.

Clark - another good run out for him. Somehow got booked for one of the Luton lads jumping into him but that's par for the corse with that sh*t ref we had (how we didn't get a penalty for handball is still beyond me). Hasn't caught the eye the way Bradley has but is providing us with another option.

McConnell - came on and helped us see the game through. Hopefully gets a start against Southampton in the FA Cup because he was quality against Norwich in the last round.

Danns - as I've said for a few of our lads this season, he's now played for Liverpool Football Club and nobody can take that away from him. Whatever happens in his career, he can say he's done what we'd all love to do and that's wear the Red of our great club. And he's born on the 16th January so he has to be alright in my book.

Overall, a good win. A third 4-1 victory in our last five games, which just shows how much confidence we're playing with right now. Four goals, four different scorers, started by our number 4 and moving four points clear at the top of the League. Can't say that isn't a good way to go into the first major cup final of the season.

Just keep doing what we're doing and we'll win the F***ing lot.

Well done Reds.

Always love reading your thoughts and ratings.

spot on as usual...Lucho was driving me fkn nuts but made up for all the swearing I did at him with his goal that in reality was probably the hardest chance of the lot.

and one thing I noticed, am sure you would have.....but am I seeing things or has Bobby Clark got some really big ass weird eyebrows?  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #478: Feb 23, 2024 08:09:00 am
      Always love reading your thoughts and ratings.

spot on as usual...Lucho was driving me fkn nuts but made up for all the swearing I did at him with his goal that in reality was probably the hardest chance of the lot.

and one thing I noticed, am sure you would have.....but am I seeing things or has Bobby Clark got some really big ass weird eyebrows?  :lmao:

Jeez, you Colonists ain’t half weird, imagine noticing some kid’s eyebrows rather than his talents as a footie player, keep smoking that Roo sh*t mate !!!!
      🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #479: Feb 23, 2024 10:51:15 pm

Jeez, you Colonists ain’t half weird, imagine noticing some kid’s eyebrows rather than his talents as a footie player, keep smoking that Roo sh*t mate !!!!
      🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They stand out like dog balls  :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #480: Feb 27, 2024 01:57:53 pm
      Quote from David Wright
      The problem is most supporters including myself, want the game wrapped up in the first half hour, which is not always possible to say the least.

I think fans expect a bit too much at times and become frustrated, I'm afraid I am no exception.

The side on the whole have done really well, once again four different players chipping in with goals, showing the allround ability of the team.

Look forward to the rest of the season, to see silverware being put in the cupboard from this truly amazing squad of players !

Plenty of people said plenty of things about the squad until the 55th minute. Amazing wasn't in the dictionary. The polar opposite was being posted multiple times over.

The game doesn't have to be wrapped up in the first half hour. We've scored 5 goals in the first 15 minutes of games in all competitions combined, this season. We have 90 minutes to win it, another 10-15 usually added on also. Then and only then, should the team be torn apart if the result hasn't gone to plan.

Another 4-1 win to add to the list. Just imagine how good we would be if everyone was available.

Quick Reply