Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Georginio Wijnaldum - Newcastle

Read 34399 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum - Newcastle
      Reply #322: Jul 22, 2016 11:45:52 am
      Looks great on paper until you remember that we signed one Christian Benteke how also looked great on paper    xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

How does Benteke in any way resemble Wijnaldum?

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #323: Jul 22, 2016 11:55:40 am
      How does Benteke in any way resemble Wijnaldum?

I could only imagine in a really dark room and he asked him to smile. :D

*Disclaimer, this is humour, a joke, not racism, any one offended, lighten the F**k up (no pun intended)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #324: Jul 22, 2016 11:58:44 am
      I could only imagine in a really dark room and he asked him to smile. :D

*Disclaimer, this is humour, a joke, not racism, any one offended, lighten the f**k up (no pun intended)

Nah that huge slaphead of Benteke would be a giveaway  :D

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #325: Jul 22, 2016 01:20:46 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #326: Jul 22, 2016 02:49:10 pm
      I've got a good feeling about this one, particularly with Benitez being involved. My suspicion is he told Jürgen the fella is a great player and pro, and he's worth every penny of 25 mill. I know all managers do that, But he wouldnt rip us off, the fella is a pound to a penny on much better than he's shown so far.
      FanBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #327: Jul 22, 2016 02:51:06 pm
      I think it's safe to say Newcastle fans can't comment on this one seriously. They watched their side get relegated last season, this lad was one of their only positives - and shock horror he wasn't able to carry the team under that pressure. His job here will be very different.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #328: Jul 22, 2016 03:38:52 pm
      I've got a good feeling about this one, particularly with Benitez being involved. My suspicion is he told Jürgen the fella is a great player and pro, and he's worth every penny of 25 mill. I know all managers do that, But he wouldnt rip us off, the fella is a pound to a penny on much better than he's shown so far.

Listening to Erik Meijer on Taw was saying that Jürgen looked at him when he was at PSV and was on Dortmund's radar before he went to the toons.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #329: Jul 22, 2016 03:43:55 pm
      Could it be possible that he plays off the left, moving Coutinho behind Studge/Firmino, Mane on the right and Milner/Hendo partner Can in the center?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #330: Jul 22, 2016 03:49:57 pm
      Could it be possible that he plays off the left, moving Coutinho behind Studge/Firmino, Mane on the right and Milner/Hendo partner Can in the center?

I'm not taking much notice of starting positions except as far as defending is concerned.
      The front 3 will be interchanging constantly, and hopefully we'll have at least one midfield runner who can break into the box from a deeper position.

So yes, maybe he'll start on the left, and defend on the left, but will play on the right, middle and left in attack.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #331: Jul 22, 2016 04:46:40 pm
      You're missing the point.  Kenny had Diane signed up on a free the summer of 2012 before he got sacked.  So you're also having a go at Kenny when you say Diame is sh*te,

The point is this: Diame was a very low risk signing.  Literally, we would have paid nothing for him.  He was available on a FREE that summer, and yet, instead of signing him, we chose to SPEND £15m on Joe Allen.  In the exact same summer.  I don't think Diame is a world beater.  But in our pathetic midfield at the time he would've added some grit and power.  FOR FREE.  Before we even judge Allen's career with us, if in 2012 you had the choice, Diame on a free, or Joe Allen for £15m, which would you have done?  Of course you would have f**king taken Diame!  Not because he had proven himself to be a million times more reliable than Allen, but because both were risks.  And because both are risks, but one is a risk WITHOUT A TRANSFER FEE, you would have taken the one on a free every day.

Now, ESPECIALLY when you look back at what Joe Allen did (and didn't do), I ask again, which would have been the better choice?  Even if Diame had ended up having the exact same underwhelming career with us that Allen did, well hell, it would've been ok because WE WOULD HAVE PAID NOTHING FOR HIM.

Don't you see how that changes everything?  If we are going to insist on signing Mane and Wijnaldum, alright, fine, do it, but for £60m, combined?!  Absolutely not.  why?  Because those players are both HUGE RISKS.  and we don't have enough money to be spending amounts like that on HUGE RISKS.  If we signed them each for £10m then okay, low risk, we can recoup that if it doesn't go well.  But not at those fees.  Those are fees you save for top players.  And before you start talking about inflation and market value blah blah blah, look at Mkhitaryan.  A top player.  Champions League pedigree.  went to the Mancs for LESS THAN WE PAID FOR MANE.  Without them having CL football, without them living in London.  IN THE SAME SUMMER.  So why are they going for the likes of Mkhitaryan and Pogba while we are going for Wijnaldum and Mane?

You know the answer.  It's not rocket science.  It's because the owners aren't ambitious.  End of.
      The big difference here Fed is that it's Klopp who is signing off on these players. We are talking about one of the best coaches on the planet so relax and chill and if in 1 year we are staring at mid table sh*te then you can have a go.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #332: Jul 22, 2016 05:36:39 pm
      Listening to Erik Meijer on Taw was saying that Jürgen looked at him when he was at PSV and was on Dortmund's radar before he went to the toons.
      I'm almost certain that Comolli (or Kenny, if you prefer) did exactly the same in 2011 AZed. He's been a player many football 'men' have known about for a long time. I said it earlier but, for me, at 25 he'll be hitting his prime just now so... we couldn't have signed him at a more opportune moment.  :nod: 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #333: Jul 22, 2016 05:56:44 pm
      I'm almost certain that Comolli (or Kenny, if you prefer) did exactly the same in 2011 AZed. He's been a player many football 'men' have known about for a long time. I said it earlier but, for me, at 25 he'll be hitting his prime just now so... we couldn't have signed him at a more opportune moment.  :nod: 

Yeah the gutter was saying this morning that he had been on radar when he was in the PSV youth system; I guess Kuyt had tweeted yesterday that they were watching him while Dirk was still at the club and was highly thought of.

Captain of PSV, Full Dutch international, scores goals...hitting his prime...seems like a good shout.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #334: Jul 22, 2016 06:01:09 pm
      midfielder scoring double figures played a full 38 game season sign him up .I don't care how much he costs if he is right he is right the price as we have learned means F**k all
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #335: Jul 22, 2016 06:12:43 pm
      midfielder scoring double figures played a full 38 game season sign him up .I don't care how much he costs if he is right he is right the price as we have learned means f**k all

Agree Walt, if he came direct from PSV people would be screaming there is a "hidden gem right there!" the fact that he took a one year detour to the toons  should not have an adverse effect on our excitement but for some it will just mean we are showing no ambition.

I personally think Jürgen is loading that mid-field up with goals...if Grujic continues to look as good as we have seen in pre-season we have goals coming in from the flanks (which have been few and far between) and now from the mid-field (that has been missing for years) combine that with what we already have and I'm liking it a lot.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #336: Jul 22, 2016 06:15:06 pm
      I like how SSN are running with the story that he's now signed before we confirm it yet before they waited until everybody else confirmed the story about Steve Bruce.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #337: Jul 22, 2016 06:27:22 pm
      I like how SSN are running with the story that he's now signed before we confirm it yet before they waited until everybody else confirmed the story about Steve Bruce.

What story about Bruce? You mean Sam Allardyce?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #338: Jul 22, 2016 06:27:29 pm

We signed Steve Bruce? So much for ambition then  :f_wah:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #339: Jul 22, 2016 06:28:45 pm
      What story about Bruce? You mean Sam Allardyce?

Steve Bruce left Hull earlier.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #340: Jul 22, 2016 06:29:29 pm
      Steve Bruce left Hull earlier.

Is that news :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #341: Jul 22, 2016 06:40:11 pm

Not news that interests me but news nonetheless :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #342: Jul 22, 2016 06:48:10 pm

Bruce  ?     Horrible man if you can call him that.
      I f**king hate him more than George f***in Osborne and Michael f***in Gove put together.

Where does he think  he is off to ?
      Sunderland ?

They're going down then.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #343: Jul 22, 2016 07:16:02 pm
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #344: Jul 22, 2016 07:32:44 pm
      Looks great on paper until you remember that we signed one Christian Benteke how also looked great on paper    xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Benteke was wrong signing on so many levels IMO. We bring him regardless lack of decent crossers, he simply did't fit the style of play. Rodgers/TC decision making on that one was questionable. You can sign Messi and turn him to sh*t if you don't play to his strengths, which is exactly what Rodgers did with Benteke. At the other hand, Klopp noticeably improved players he inherited from Rodgers in a short period of time, for example Lovren. When I look at Klopp's transfers in Dortmund's years it brings me more confidence on his judgement than I ever have in TPM.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2016 07:43:15 pm by Red John »

Quick Reply