Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joe Allen (Man Utd/Stoke/Swansea)

Read 16840 times
      ScottMcL05
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 7 posts |
      Joe Allen (Man Utd/Stoke/Swansea)
      Jul 18, 2016 10:15:59 am
      Manchester United apparently want him  :'(. Personally I think he had done more than enough since Klopp Arrived to stay and get a new contract.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2016 09:47:19 am by JD »
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĆ¼rgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Re: Joe Pirlo Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 18, 2016 10:45:21 am
      Manchester United apparently want him  :'(. Personally I think he had done more than enough since Klopp Arrived to stay and get a new contract.

Heard the same sh*te this morning in work. Couldn't be true could it? Whats the source anyhow.
      I think wee joe has won over a lot of people here,so this would be sickening.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Re: Joe Pirlo Allen Player Thread
      Reply #2: Jul 18, 2016 11:26:36 am
      Manchester United fan Joe Allen relishing Old Trafford dream (2012)

FOR one Wales star, it really is the Theatre of Dreams.

Now Joe Allen wants fantasy to become reality when Swansea City head to Old Trafford next week.

And thatā€™s why heā€™s keeping fingers crossed for Ryan Giggs and co to win the Manchester showdown with title rivals City tomorrow night.

Swans midfield ace Allen is a self-confessed schoolboy United fan so thereā€™s little wonder heā€™d rather the red side in the race triumph tomorrow.

Because victory for Sir Alex Fergusonā€™s side would set the wheels in motion for a possible scenario that would start with United lifting the trophy ā€“ and ending with one of the biggest results in Swansea City history!

Should United win tomorrow over City and then Roberto Manciniā€™s men fail to win against Newcastle in next Sundayā€™s early kick-off, Fergieā€™s side will already be crowned champions before the Swans kick off at Old Trafford at 4pm.

And then thereā€™s the small matter of helping Brendan Rodgersā€™ men upset the presentation party with the clubā€™s first win at the home of the self-styled biggest club in the world.

Yet Allen says he has an even greater motivator to impress next week as he lines up against a hero he claims to have modelled his game on.

ā€œIt will be a very special game for me,ā€ said the seven-cap midfielder, nearing the end of a quite superb debut season in the Premier League.

ā€œIā€™m sure Old Trafford is a place all the players have been dreaming of playing at.

ā€œWe probably thought it would never happen.

ā€œWhen the fixtures came out it was one I looked for ā€“ Iā€™m a boyhood United fan and I canā€™t wait to go there and pit my wits against players like Giggs and Paul Scholes.

ā€œGiggs was always someone I looked out because he was a Welshman and a fantastic player. But, from my own football point of view, I looked up to Roy Keane and Scholes, who was my hero as a kid.

ā€œI really studied the way they played as much as I could when I was trying to make it as a footballer.

ā€œAnd when Scholes retired at the end of last season I was disappointed because I thought I would never get the chance to be on the same pitch and line up alongside him.

ā€œThankfully he has come out of retirement so I get that chance.ā€

Scholes, 37, has been a revelation since returning from the retirement he announced at the end of last season, even sneaking into late running for player of the year as he spearheaded Unitedā€™s surge for the title.

And Allen added: ā€œSince he has come back he has shown how good he is. To be out of the game since the backend of last season and come straight back in shows he is a true great.

ā€œWhen you see the effect he has had on Manchester United since his return says it all for the ability he has.ā€

But if Allen has tried to emulate the Man Utd great, heā€™s not done too bad a job of it.

An ability to pass to perfection both over short and long range (managing 100% accuracy against Bolton last week), he can switch the direction of play to devastating effect.

And there is the same tenacity needed to add a bit of steel to midfields full of style ā€“ although Allenā€™s tackling edges that of Scholesā€™ awkward attempts to master the art.

You wonā€™t catch the modest playmaker admitting heā€™s anywhere near the level of Scholes ā€“ even if Wales fans drooling at the prospect of him linking up with Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley and Jack Collison might for the World Cup qualifiers might.

But he does admit that heā€™s looking forward to the prospect of heading to Old Trafford next week as Swansea look to finish their season with a real bang against his boyhood idols.

ā€œIā€™ve always been a United fan, but this season Iā€™ve distanced myself and not focused on how they are doing,ā€ said the 22-year-old, part of the Swans side that put Fergieā€™s men in the title driving seat with that 1-0 win over Man City last month. ā€œBut in saying that, Monday night is a game the whole footballing world will be watching.

ā€œItā€™s difficult to pick which way it will go.

ā€œIā€™d like to think United can win the title. Both teams have been evenly matched and Iā€™m sure there will be more twists and turns even with just three games to go.

ā€œBut it will be a pretty good day if we can get a result and they are champions.ā€

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-fan-joe-allen-2033291

From 2012.  :f_whistle:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Joe Allen (Man Utd)
      Reply #3: Jul 18, 2016 11:29:50 am
      Manchester United have become the latest club to be linked with a move for Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen.

The Welshman's future at Anfield is uncertain with JĆ¼rgen Klopp seemingly in two minds whether to let the former Swansea man move on.

Francesco Guidolin's are keen to take Allen back to the Liberty Stadium, but United are now also considering their options, report the South Wales Evening Post.

West Ham and Stoke have also been rumoured to be pondering a move for the 26-year-old, who played a starring role for Wales in their march to the Euro 2016 semi-finals.

Mirror
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jul 18, 2016 11:32:15 am
      If they want to go ahead and pay the supposed Ā£14m asking price then go for it but he needs to realise he won't be starting for them either.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #5: Jul 18, 2016 11:38:03 am
      If they want to go ahead and pay the supposed Ā£14m asking price then go for it but he needs to realise he won't be starting for them either.

If the Munts want him then the price is double.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #6: Jul 18, 2016 11:47:27 am

sorry !are you refering to the mancs?
       Hope we will never sell any player to them , Heinze come to mind, If they really come for Allen,  30M for him, or/so they can go right back where they came from..........this is my opinion of coarse .don't know what the club will do
      YNWA
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #7: Jul 18, 2016 12:10:54 pm
      sorry !are you refering to the mancs?
       Hope we will never sell any player to them , Heinze come to mind, If they really come for Allen,  30M for him, or/so they can go right back where they came from..........this is my opinion of coarse .don't know what the club will do
      YNWA

With you on this one. For starters, Pirlo would be an idiot to join the Munts from us and secondly he would not start for them and then season after end up at WestBrom/Swansea/etc.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #8: Jul 18, 2016 12:27:13 pm
      Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sell him!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9: Jul 18, 2016 12:35:53 pm
      I'm sorry but Man Utd set the precedent with Heinze. We don't sell to rivals.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #10: Jul 18, 2016 12:38:25 pm
      So ickle Joe is their back up in case they don't get Pogba.  :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11: Jul 18, 2016 01:18:47 pm
      I'm sorry but Man Utd set the precedent with Heinze. We don't sell to rivals.

Exactly, even if they offered 100m , they can F**k off imo.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #12: Jul 18, 2016 02:43:58 pm
      Exactly, even if they offered 100m , they can f**k off imo.
      Really?.... Really??... Ā£100M??? If they where stupid enough to offer that and Liverpool did not bit thier hand off then Klopp and the rest of the Liverpool board and owners could F^*k off...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13: Jul 18, 2016 02:47:55 pm
      The welsh... Scholes?  :o
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Jul 18, 2016 02:55:42 pm
      Exactly, even if they offered 100m , they can F**k off imo.

I'd throw in Balotelli as well tbh :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Jul 18, 2016 03:19:27 pm
      Really?.... Really??... Ā£100M??? If they where stupid enough to offer that and Liverpool did not bit thier hand off then Klopp and the rest of the Liverpool board and owners could F^*k off...

Still trying to figure out what's so 'Real' about you.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: Jul 18, 2016 03:33:42 pm

Personally, they can F**k off. I would even tell them to F**k off if they offer us De Gea + 100m for Allen. Seriously, wouldn't want us to do business with those cu*ts.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17: Jul 18, 2016 03:33:58 pm
      Just paper talk or is there genuine interest from the Mancs?..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #18: Jul 18, 2016 03:36:08 pm
      Just paper talk or is there genuine interest from the Mancs?..

Just BS mate.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19: Jul 18, 2016 03:37:35 pm
      Haha this won't happen, not a chance.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #20: Jul 18, 2016 03:40:19 pm

Thought so, I actually thought the lad worked himself back into Klopp's plans with his performances last season, still has plenty to offer us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Jul 18, 2016 03:52:25 pm
      Thought so, I actually thought the lad worked himself back into Klopp's plans with his performances last season, still has plenty to offer us.

He's crap shabs, the amount of times he gives the ball away in midfield is a joke. still don't get this 'he can do a job' bullshit, he had a couple of decent games towards the end of season and for wales, but still gives the ball away and gets bullied out of the game by proper good midfielders.

Sell (although he'll probably end up at either Southampton or Leicester) ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #22: Jul 18, 2016 03:54:53 pm
      He's crap shabs, the amount of times he gives the ball away in midfield is a joke. still don't get this 'he can do a job' bullshit, he had a couple of decent games towards the end of season and for wales, but still gives the ball away and gets bullied out of the game by proper good midfielders.

Sell (although he'll probably end up at either Southampton or Leicester) ;)

Who we eyeing up now from saints?...feeder club lately... ;D

Quick Reply