Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Palace [Premier League] Sat 19th Jan @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W10 D3 L9

Ragnar Klavan (Liverpool -> Cagliari)

Read 16247 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,683 posts | 2640 
      Re: Ragnar Klavan Player Thread
      Reply #150: Sep 23, 2017 12:01:22 am
      I'm a glutton for punishment and decided to rewatch the Burnley game, geez this guy would not get into our Sunday 5 a side.
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,094 posts | 1314 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #151: Sep 23, 2017 12:13:55 am
      I'm a glutton for punishment and decided to rewatch the Burnley game, geez this guy would not get into our Sunday 5 a side.

He's starting tomorrow against Vardy. Sh*t your pants scary that!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,547 posts | 1765 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #152: Sep 23, 2017 10:06:38 am
      He's starting tomorrow against Vardy. Sh*t your pants scary that!

Noooooo!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #153: Nov 20, 2017 05:08:56 pm
      Dead good on Saturday. Didn't have much to do in a defensive sense but when he did he always seemed to be a step ahead of everyone to cut it out. More impressively was his probing balls down the middle. He always looked to get the team on the front foot, finding out productive players (most likely Firmino - who was everywhere!) in space.

He really isn't as bad as some people make him out to be. When he's good, he's very good - as his performance at Woodison last Christmas proved. Ok, positionally he gets caught out from time to time but nothing so offensively bad that it would have been called inexcusable on the playground in the manner of Lovren's form this season. But he's a reserve defender and on average I'd have said he's proven to be a decent asset to rely on. Perhaps too much for some people but at the end of the day that's Lovren and Matip's problem for getting injured so much.
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,368 posts | 216 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #154: Nov 21, 2017 11:20:28 pm
      Sh*te!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,757 posts | 3406 
      Reply #155: Nov 21, 2017 11:30:44 pm

Actually thought him and Lovren have done okay in the last two games.

Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,690 posts | 958 
      Reply #156: Dec 07, 2017 05:18:23 am
      Shout out to Ragnar gets no praise thought he was super solid at the back there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #157: Dec 10, 2017 06:02:38 pm
      I thought Ragnar was faultless today. Shame that the scoreline doesn't reflect his superiority in defence today. He and Gomez were superb today to just further underline that our defensive issues aren't tactical they are purely individual.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,223 posts | 3180 
      Reply #158: Dec 10, 2017 11:55:00 pm
      Never really put a foot wrong, his ball playing is pretty special as well.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,770 posts | 2374 
      Reply #159: Dec 28, 2017 04:24:44 pm
      He has a 91% successful pass rate ... much better than Henderson's. (Source : Squawka)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,588 posts | 2119 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #160: Dec 28, 2017 04:50:47 pm
      He has a 91% successful pass rate ... much better than Henderson's. (Source : Squawka)

The highest pass % rates in the league will mostly be centre backs though due to the nature of their passes. 7 of the top 10 are centre backs this season (including Klavan)

I actually wanted to say I've been impressed with him in the last few games. Solid player with clear weaknesses but kind of gone unsung lately so thought he deserved a bit of praise.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,547 posts | 1765 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #161: Jan 02, 2018 08:01:43 am
      He made sure that Lovren's header was going in. He's been playing very well. Deserves to be in a shout to partner Van Dijk. He is playing well and want to see the stats about him being in the team.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 102 
      Reply #162: Jan 29, 2018 10:48:08 am
      Would anyone argue against this fella being our best defender this season?  He came back into the side after the Spurs debacle and we have our best run of the season, yet gets dropped when Matip gets fit or VVD comes in.

He might not be a world beater but his form warranted a sustained run in the side IMO, and he should be partnering VVD.  Not only that but his forward passing and link between defence and attack is sorely missed considering the shithouses we have in midfield.

A very underrated player in my view.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,505 posts | 1495 
      Reply #163: Jan 29, 2018 11:46:21 am
      Would anyone argue against this fella being our best defender this season?  He came back into the side after the Spurs debacle and we have our best run of the season, yet gets dropped when Matip gets fit or VVD comes in.

He might not be a world beater but his form warranted a sustained run in the side IMO, and he should be partnering VVD.  Not only that but his forward passing and link between defence and attack is sorely missed considering the shithouses we have in midfield.

I agree 100%, I think he and VVD would form a very good partnership together and it would be my preferred combo. I certainly don't like Matip at the moment, I'd even take Lovren over Matip.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,046 posts | 3678 
      Reply #164: Jan 29, 2018 12:14:16 pm
      Would anyone argue against this fella being our best defender this season?

Always thought he was decent.  Never really understood those who liked to have a pop at him. I've always thought he was reliable and tends to just concentrate on his defending (apart from when he's scoring matchwinners of course).
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,111 posts | 1433 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #165: Jan 29, 2018 12:17:21 pm
      Always thought he was decent.  Never really understood those who liked to have a pop at him. I've always thought he was reliable and tends to just concentrate on his defending (apart from when he's scoring matchwinners of course).

Something to do with his pricetag, age and the fact we didn't buy him from a top club, not a sexy enough name in this image obsessed world
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 745 posts | 209 
      Reply #166: Jan 29, 2018 11:09:03 pm

His touch with float passes is better than Matip and Dejuan (haven’t seen VVD enough to know). He had a few balls this year that were created chances. He put a pass on someone (Solanke maybe?) in preseason that was out of this world good and led to a goal. I like Ragnar, and out of the 3 CBS we had he was the only one who was excited to get VVD and welcome the competition. Shows his character and the lack there off of the other two. I actually think Klavan May be the best bet to play next to Virgil.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #167: Jan 29, 2018 11:17:31 pm

Damn right. A very underrated player indeed and certainly worth much more than the £3 million (or something close to that figure) we paid for him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,425 posts | 1048 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #168: May 02, 2018 11:51:57 pm
      Would anyone else consider playing him.in tbe final over Lovern?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,111 posts | 1433 
      Reply #169: May 03, 2018 12:05:04 am
      Poor sod, feel sorry for him when he gets stuck on
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,683 posts | 2640 
      Reply #170: May 03, 2018 12:16:13 am
      Poor sod, feel sorry for him when he gets stuck on

Must have some sort of hex on him!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,910 posts | 2538 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #171: May 03, 2018 12:29:45 am
      Nothing he good do about that pen, just a ridiculous decision by the Cheating Ref!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,757 posts | 3406 
      Reply #172: May 30, 2018 12:40:52 pm
      Klavan's been left out of the Estonia squad for their clashes with Lithuania, Latvia and Morocco while he recovers from a “long-term health problem.”
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,200 posts | 4649 
      • YNWA
      Reply #173: Aug 17, 2018 07:30:44 pm
      Sold to Cagliari for £2m. Bit disappointed in this news. Thought the service he offered when called upon was excellent and something he could still offer here especially with us looking a bit thin at the back currently.

So long Rag - you will be remembered fondly especially for that injury time winner at Burnley, probably my favourite moment in the league last season. Thanks a million Rag!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,751 posts | 1015 
      Reply #174: Aug 17, 2018 08:19:21 pm
      Always seemed like a good guy but almost 33 and injury prone so makes sense to get some money for him rather than letting him go on a free next Summer.

Phillips looks like he's ready to step up this season so we are already have cover.

So long Rag YNWA.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,398 posts | 126 
      Reply #175: Aug 18, 2018 01:04:55 am
      Good luck and all the best for your future Ragnar, YNWA.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,457 posts | 1002 
      Reply #176: Aug 18, 2018 01:12:41 am
      Damn right. A very underrated player indeed and certainly worth much more than the £3 million (or something close to that figure) we paid for him.

Obviously not haha!

Tbh i just dont get it. Hes no world beater but he was a CB and if theres an area we are short in it is that one.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,111 posts | 1433 
      Reply #177: Aug 18, 2018 02:59:58 am
      Slightly surprised he has gone but good luck to him
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,770 posts | 2374 
      Reply #178: Aug 18, 2018 03:38:11 am
      Good Luck to the lad. He will always have been a Red.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,770 posts | 2374 
      Reply #179: Aug 18, 2018 03:40:07 am

Lest We Forget this stat.

Quick Reply