Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Shamal George (Released)

Read 6549 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Shamal George (Released)
      Jul 20, 2016 04:19:30 pm
      Seeing as currently, he is our third choice keeper and will likely be the Academy keeper next season he should probably get his own topic now.

Goalkeeper Shamal George has been at Liverpool since 2009 and is a regular member of the U18s squad, having made his debut at that level in 2014-15.

Born in Wirral, he used to play for local side Manor FC being before spotted by Liverpool.

A boyhood Liverpool fan, Shamal is a good communicator and shot stopper.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 08:10:56 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Shamal George Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 20, 2016 09:20:56 pm
      He's not a keeper, he is a striker ;) :P
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Jul 20, 2016 09:34:29 pm
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jul 21, 2016 12:44:16 am
      His instagram bio: :D

Shamal George AC💕👑 - Goalkeeper/Striker for Liverpool FC. ⚽Football is everything⚽️. 🔐Friends&family🔐.

For some reason I never realise quite how tall he is....

Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #5: Jul 21, 2016 08:20:03 am
      He is actually a goalkeeper.

He played upfront yesterday in the Huddersfield friendly cos we had run out of outfield players hence is presence as a striker after replacing the injured Lucas.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2016 08:22:29 am
      He is actually a goalkeeper.

He played upfront yesterday in the Tranmere friendly cos we had run out of outfield players hence is presence as a striker after replacing the injured Lucas.

Nah mate he played up front yesterday in the Huddersfield friendly :)

Well done to J.D. for opening this thread just in time too :)
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #7: Jul 21, 2016 08:24:41 am
      Nah mate he played up front yesterday in the Huddersfield friendly :)

Yeah Huddersfield friendly, just corrected that. But he is a goalkeeper. He played upfront because we ran out of outfield players to substitute with when Lucas got injured.

The lad is a goalkeeper for the U-18s
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8: Jul 21, 2016 08:26:15 am
      Yeah Huddersfield friendly, just corrected that. But he is a goalkeeper. He played upfront because we ran out of outfield players to substitute with when Lucas got injured.

The lad is a goalkeeper for the U-18s

I think we all knew that mate, few just taking the piss.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #9: Jul 21, 2016 02:00:46 pm
      What a star this lad's going to be  8)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #10: Aug 06, 2016 01:24:53 am
      dude on rawk says george is out for 4 weeks injured elbow.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #11: Oct 30, 2017 09:18:21 am
      Little bit of a bump on this.

So this fella is 19 (turns 20 in January) and he got pushed out to Carlisle on loan at the start of the season for half a season.  I know Carlisle have been fairly average this season but wanted to see how he'd been getting on.

So I went to have a look but they had loaned another young keeper from Brentford in the summer who is first choice ahead of him!!

What is the point in us loaning out a keeper to essentially sit on the bench of a fourth tier team?

Just seems total madness in my view - not good for his career - not good for us to see if we've got a potential goalkeeper on our hands.  You can't tell me that he's going to be receiving better coaching at Carlisle than he could be at Liverpool (actually that might be open to interpretation in the goalkeeping department)?

Thoughts?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #12: Oct 30, 2017 03:30:25 pm
      As a fan it's kinda had to keep up with the players when they disappear on loan,hopefully someone at the club is,mind.George had an injury maybe his confidence is a bit shot or could be one manager got him then new guy took over? We are a bit over stocked with keepers so i dunno if coming back would be any better.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: Oct 30, 2017 03:50:13 pm
      He did have a 4 game spell in September, not sure this was because the other lad was injured or not but after 3 fairly decent performances he made a couple of gaffes in a 2-0 defeat and then the other lad was back in.

Seems that Division 2 sides, with two on-loan goalkeepers, are more ruthless when a player makes an error than our Premier League team is!!

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: Oct 30, 2017 10:02:39 pm
      Little bit of a bump on this.

So this fella is 19 (turns 20 in January) and he got pushed out to Carlisle on loan at the start of the season for half a season.  I know Carlisle have been fairly average this season but wanted to see how he'd been getting on.

So I went to have a look but they had loaned another young keeper from Brentford in the summer who is first choice ahead of him!!

What is the point in us loaning out a keeper to essentially sit on the bench of a fourth tier team?

Just seems total madness in my view - not good for his career - not good for us to see if we've got a potential goalkeeper on our hands.  You can't tell me that he's going to be receiving better coaching at Carlisle than he could be at Liverpool (actually that might be open to interpretation in the goalkeeping department)?

Thoughts?

I firmly believe that loans just don't work at all.

I can't recall a single Liverpool player to have come back from a loan spell and started for the first team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Oct 31, 2017 03:40:31 pm
      I firmly believe that loans just don't work at all.

I can't recall a single Liverpool player to have come back from a loan spell and started for the first team.

See I think just as often (these days) the idea is to get the player a chance to play so someone else will buy him as it is to prepare him for the Liverpool team. Not always, mind, Ojo and Kent still have a chance with us for instance, and certainly if we loan out Ejaria in January I wouldn't see that as a step toward selling, but as Mags mentions, most of the guys who go out on loan have not used that to become a first team player for us.

Re this player, as BNLA mentioned, we have a glut of young goalkeepers at the moment. They seem to like Grabara and Kelleher and my guess is they are hoping to get something from Joseph.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16: Oct 31, 2017 11:28:30 pm
      Actually, is that him in the training pics with the first team today?

Quick Reply