Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

I am going to Liverpool!

Read 5904 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      I am going to Liverpool!
      Jul 22, 2016 04:36:41 pm
      For a year. To study.

I'll be doing the MBA in Football Industries at the University of Liverpool.

Some of you are probably aware I've been trying this for a while. I nearly moved to scouse land back in 2014 but I decided to stay in Brazil to work in the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Since then Brazil have gone into an economic crisis which affected the real/pound exchange rate for the worse (for us), and seriously threatened my ability to pay for the course. So doing the course this year was entirely dependent on me getting a scholarship.

Which I just did. A full scholarship!!!

There are some bureaucratic details yet to be sorted out but I should be moving to Liverpool in September/2016 to stay for a year. After that I need to come back to Brazil for 2 years, as established in the scholarship rules.

I am delighted. I'll be asking for help with tickets all the freaking time, so you should get used to it! ;D I wanna make the most of my time in Merseyside.

I'm also very much looking forward to seeing some LFC Reds friends again and meeting new ones. :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: I am going to Liverpool!
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2016 04:40:59 pm
      Fantastic news Diego no wonder you're excited  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2016 04:53:40 pm
      That's absolutely fantastic news Diego, so pleased for you and am looking forward to meeting up with you again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2016 04:58:42 pm
      Well done mate and all the best with the studies.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2016 05:06:42 pm
      Congrats Diego!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Jul 22, 2016 05:22:57 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2016 05:45:43 pm
      For a year. To study.

Some of you are probably aware I've been trying this for a while. I nearly moved to scouse land back in 2014 but I decided to stay in Brazil to work in the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Since then Brazil have gone into an economic crisis which affected the real/pound exchange rate for the worse (for us), and seriously threatened my ability to pay for the course. So doing the course this year was entirely dependent on me getting a scholarship.

There are some bureaucratic details yet to be sorted out but I should be moving to Liverpool in September/2016 to stay for a year. After that I need to come back to Brazil for 2 years, as established in the scholarship rules.

I am delighted. I'll be asking for help with tickets all the freaking time, so you should get used to it! ;D I wanna make the most of my time in Merseyside.

I'm also very much looking forward to seeing some LFC Reds friends again and meeting new ones. :)

Seriously mate, couldn't be any happier for you! Jealous that you're moving to scouse land. I was meant to move there when I was starting Uni in 2009 but they change the main element of my course at last minute so ended up at Huddersfield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2016 06:32:04 pm
      Wow, that's really awesome. Enjoy it, very jealous.

:)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2016 07:00:36 pm
      Well in Diego...

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2016 09:21:07 pm
      For a year. To study.

Nice one mate. On your own?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2016 09:53:10 pm
      For a year. To study.

Nice one Diego, made up for you mate,
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: Jul 22, 2016 10:23:34 pm
      Great. Another bloody immigrant.

Don't worry you Farage-loving Leave voter ;D I'll only be there for a year! I won't be stealing anyone's jobs :)

:lmao: I will definitely go watch them again! They nearly went up to the League One last season!

At first yes, because my fiancee needs to stay in Brazil to finish her medical specialization studies before she can go, so we'll be doing some long-distance relationship stuff for a few months :D after that she's going to join me in England, take the opportunity to study some English as hers isn't very good

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #12: Jul 22, 2016 11:26:42 pm
      Accrington Stanley loves this well done Diego .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #13: Jul 22, 2016 11:30:01 pm

Ha scrolled through to the end of this thread  read it backwards ya beat me to it god damn it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Jul 22, 2016 11:38:16 pm
      Nice one mate, if you want to learn Scouse, go find Sakho.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Jul 24, 2016 09:40:12 am
      Boom! That's awesome mate, all the best it goes well and lives up to what you hope it'll be.

Enjoy! :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #16: Jul 24, 2016 10:53:36 am
      At first yes, because my fiancee needs to stay in Brazil to finish her medical specialization studies before she can go, so we'll be doing some long-distance relationship stuff for a few months :D after that she's going to join me in England, take the opportunity to study some English as hers isn't very good

Couple of afternoons out with me and you'll be getting her over a lot sooner ;)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #17: Jul 24, 2016 12:18:01 pm
      Congratulations! Wish you all the best with your studies. Enjoy living in the great city of Liverpool.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Jul 24, 2016 03:01:51 pm
      Couple of afternoons out with me and you'll be getting her over a lot sooner ;)

Hahahaha wait till he gets on those student night's out  >:D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #19: Jul 24, 2016 03:12:31 pm
      Hahahaha wait till he gets on those student night's out  >:D

F**k all on my afternoon specials them lid :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Jul 24, 2016 03:17:40 pm
      F**k all on my afternoon specials them lid :)

Hahahaha start in the afternoon and finish in the afternoon a day later ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #21: Jul 24, 2016 03:26:30 pm
      Hahahaha start in the afternoon and finish in the afternoon a day later ;)

Off to London in the morning and those one's are even worse. Nobody telling me to get home.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #22: Jul 25, 2016 08:46:43 pm
      I am taking myself out of retirement to wish Diego a massive congrats on the move! Prepare for rain, more rain and some (hopefully) beautiful football at Anfield. Any help needed, hit me up mate.

Quick Reply