Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192659 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #253: Feb 12, 2017 08:11:11 am
      Absolutely my man of the match.

That's what we need from him every week. I'll be eating my humble pie if he keeps that up.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #254: Feb 12, 2017 09:51:28 am
      How the fcuk Can was ever chosen over him. Can,trap the ball,stop,look,sideways, backwards, slows the pace down. Gini trap the ball,heads up............
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #255: Feb 12, 2017 09:53:38 am
      Love everything about this lad.

His strength, his tenacity, his awareness, his fight, his vision, his skill, his speed of feet and thought.

The "I don't know what he brings" brigade?  Get to F**k and learn what proper football is!!
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #256: Feb 12, 2017 10:02:01 am

His strength, his tenacity, his awareness, his fight, his vision, his skill, his speed of feet and thought.

The "I don't know what he brings" brigade?  Get to f**k and learn what proper football is!!

I swear Debs, the next person who says to me "I don't know what he brings".......

Yesterday was his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. There have been odd occasions where he has been missing, and sometimes his passing has been a bit astray, but generally he has been very good this season. Easily MoM for me yesterday, despite Manes display!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #257: Feb 12, 2017 11:11:37 am
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #258: Feb 12, 2017 11:35:18 am
      I left him out of my line up to face Spurs, he'll be back in my next line up for sure.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #259: Feb 12, 2017 12:02:21 pm
      I swear Debs, the next person who says to me "I don't know what he brings".......

Yesterday was his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. There have been odd occasions where he has been missing, and sometimes his passing has been a bit astray, but generally he has been very good this season. Easily MoM for me yesterday, despite Manes display!

Absolutely it was mate but he's always shown it, just not all at the same time in one game.  That break away from the starting 11 has driven him to improve his consistency levels, carry on like that and we've got one hell of a player as he enters his prime years.

This isn't some kid that'll take a few years to get there, he's 26 already a Title winner in Holland and we don't have many of those.  Sure he's still settling in and learning how Jürgen wants to play and his role in the team but his can play.

There were a few motm options yesterday and you're right mate, he was one of them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #260: Feb 12, 2017 06:28:52 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #261: Feb 12, 2017 06:42:36 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #262: Feb 12, 2017 06:48:22 pm
      You could piss in his cornflakes and he'd still smile at you and give you his autograph. He must be the happiest person ever :D.

It's interesting how many people mentioned how Lallana would work great in a midfield 3 (before Klopp joined) and how Wijnaldum wouldn't suit a midfield 2 but definitely a midfield 3, they've both shone in that 3 man midfield. By having somebody in the middle with them it gives each of them a license to dictate the tempo of the game and allows them to get forward.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #263: Feb 12, 2017 08:37:41 pm

The "I don't know what he brings" brigade?  Get to f**k and learn what proper football is!!

Scrolled up the page to see who the "don't know what he brings brigade" are.

:f_whistle:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #264: Feb 12, 2017 08:51:20 pm
      Scrolled up the page to see who the "don't know what he brings brigade" are.

:f_whistle:

Ahaha that was me going through my "sick of all the negative sh*t I keep seeing posted in player threads after a game" and decided to be a sarcastic negative sh*t mate. 

Check out all the player threads and Jurgens on the same date  ;)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #265: Feb 12, 2017 09:09:53 pm
      His best in a Liverpool shirt yet - I think he's been a great signing. Ever present when we were absolutely flying, and his battling performances in midfield have been the catalyst for us at our best.

Great signing and I can't believe people ever doubted him at the beginning (considering he was always lining up in our massive victories this season).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #266: Feb 12, 2017 10:31:15 pm
      Starting to make a real impact in games, the assists and goals and looking like they are building well.

Gini, Hendo and Lallana is probably our strongest 3
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #267: Feb 12, 2017 11:29:59 pm
      Man of the match among men of the match!

I gave him it for the celebration, only that took him above Mane and Lallana.

THAT is what I want to see, my men in red!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #268: Feb 13, 2017 02:33:55 am
      Glad to see Gini is starting to get the recognition he deserves.  He was a consistent cog in our midfield trio (Hendo-Gini-Lallana) when we were blitzing teams in the first half of the season.  Mane's absence for the ACON destroyed our balance because Adam got pushed out wide which meant Emre coming into midfield.  Now that our best 11 is back fit and together, Gini and Lallana are pulling the strings again.  Keep it up lad!!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #269: Feb 13, 2017 09:17:29 am

Again? When was his last one?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #270: Feb 13, 2017 01:53:18 pm
      He has been good most of the time in my opinion. Then again some only watch what a player does when he has the ball, or is scoring goals, his work rate and the way he keeps possession on top of important goals is impressive, he could score more goals admitted. The unsung heroes like Clyne and Milner along with Hendo and Gini are not there in peoples minds most of the time as they are not "spectacular" but the work they put in and how important they are doesn't pass me by. I see you have even lost faith in the manager, you have no idea really.

Unsung heros? Yeah they've been real heroic the past 2 months. Clyne is bang average he was signed to be an attacking outlet and offers us nothing in attack. Milner is a great footballer but not a great left back. Hendo is not a sitting midfielder but is playing there IMO because he is still carrying the heel injury. Gini Wijnaldum looks good 1 in 5 goes missing when those around him aren't on song
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #271: Feb 13, 2017 02:04:56 pm
      Unsung heros? Yeah they've been real heroic the past 2 months. Clyne is bang average he was signed to be an attacking outlet and offers us nothing in attack. Milner is a great footballer but not a great left back. Hendo is not a sitting midfielder but is playing there IMO because he is still carrying the heel injury. Gini Wijnaldum looks good 1 in 5 goes missing when those around him aren't on song

Why do you even watch football? Sounds like you are constantly miserable. I wouldn't bother if I were you. Save you a lot of time and misery...let the rest of us deal with the tediousness as it doesn't seem you are cut out for it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #272: Feb 13, 2017 02:12:46 pm

There's me thinking we signed Clyne because he's a good defender. Henderson is playing as the '6' because he's mobile, can tackle and is good at distributing the ball. I will admit that there have been times when Wijnaldum has frustrated me with his poor attempts at challenging for the ball but other than that he's been very good.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #273: Feb 13, 2017 02:19:54 pm
      Ahaha that was me going through my "sick of all the negative sh*t I keep seeing posted in player threads after a game" and decided to be a sarcastic negative sh*t mate. 

Check out all the player threads and Jurgens on the same date  ;)

See what you mean. Hope that doesn't catch on Debs, or this place is going to get seriously confusing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #274: Feb 13, 2017 03:21:54 pm
      See what you mean. Hope that doesn't catch on Debs, or this place is going to get seriously confusing.

I promise it won't happen again mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #275: Feb 14, 2017 05:23:44 pm
      Ginis celebration hope it comes out not to good at this tech stuff
      https://mobile.twitter.com/GWijnaldum
      No it didn't just gave his link I'm sure one of the more savvy on the forum can post it up wel worth a look

Quick Reply