Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 194898 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #322: May 16, 2017 08:57:01 am
      You counting his slice that went to Origi and the one off the bar that Coutinho picked up?

Stats eh  :D

I wasn't counting anything specifically and just saw the stat, for his first season with us 10 assists for his position deserves a bit more credit than the slack his getting at the moment.

I know his out of form right now, however he isn't as bad as people make out.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #323: May 22, 2017 11:25:46 am
      A midfielder chipping in with big goals? That's what we signed him for right? Seems his not doing too bad in that department.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #324: May 22, 2017 02:17:22 pm
      6 goals and 9 assists in the league. Not bad for a first season at the club.

Quality player with a tendency to score big goals. My favourite one was probably vs City on New Year's Eve, great header.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #325: May 22, 2017 02:20:16 pm

Quality player with a tendency to score big goals. My favourite one was probably vs City on New Year's Eve, great header.

Especially considering he played as a centre mid. There can't be many centre mids in the league with that output.

If he could just improve on his away performances!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #326: May 22, 2017 02:40:29 pm
      Bit of an enigma. Certainly takes his fair share of abuse when he doesn't produce a 8/10 performance. Next year he will be more settled, he should improve.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #327: May 22, 2017 06:04:42 pm
      His last goal was the most vital goal at the best time possible. Well done Gigi, now improve on your away record. He can improve and he was a worthy transfer!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #328: May 22, 2017 06:28:49 pm
      Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum buys 11-year-old Limerick boy €350 boots in random act of kindness

Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum has bought 11-year-old Limerick native Paddy Mackessy a pair of £300 (€347) Adidas PureControl football boots in the Liverpool City Adidas store on Monday.

After going over to Liverpool with his mother Louise for the Reds 3-0 win over Middlesbrough on Sunday, Wijnaldum spotted Mackessy eyeing the football boots on display.

The Dutch international saw Mackessy and leaned in behind him before asking: ‘Do you like those boots?’ Yes, of course and what size are you?’

Louise asked Paddy to hurry up as they left the store and with that, the shop assistant ran down the street after Paddy and asked him to come back as Georginio bought Paddy the boots before agreeing to taking another picture with him after their first picture together came out poorly.

"We went into the Adidas store and Paddy just went and bought a pair of skinny pants, and of course being a typical Irish mammy,

I went 'come on so' because he would stay looking at soccer stuff all day if you let him," Louise told Ray D'Arcy on RTE Radio 1 on Monday.

"I was like 'come on, come on' and so we came out of the shop and he said 'I got a selfie with him' and I was like 'oh brilliant' and he said they started chatting about the soccer boots.

"He said to Paddy 'do you like those boots?' And Paddy said 'I do'.

"He said 'what size are you?' and he said 'size five' and he was like 'why don't you buy them?' And Paddy was like 'they're so expensive'.

"At that stage I had called him and we left the store and Paddy was telling me this and we walked out into the city and we literally just looked behind and the lady from the store had ran after us and she said 'listen, can you come back to the store? He wants to buy Paddy the boots'."

Mackessy said that he was delighted with Wijnaldum's act of kindness and that he wished he had of got the 26-year-old's name printed on the back of his jersey when his mother Louise bought him the new Liverpool playing kit on Sunday.

Wijnaldum scored in Liverpool's 3-0 win over Middlesbrough which booked Jürgen Klopp's side a place in next season's Champions League qualifiers.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/liverpool-midfielder-gini-wijnaldum-buys-11yearold-limerick-boy-350-boots-in-random-act-of-kindness-35742373.html
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #329: May 22, 2017 06:30:57 pm
      Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum buys 11-year-old Limerick boy €350 boots in random act of kindness

Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum has bought 11-year-old Limerick native Paddy Mackessy a pair of £300 (€347) Adidas PureControl football boots in the Liverpool City Adidas store on Monday.

After going over to Liverpool with his mother Louise for the Reds 3-0 win over Middlesbrough on Sunday, Wijnaldum spotted Mackessy eyeing the football boots on display.

The Dutch international saw Mackessy and leaned in behind him before asking: ‘Do you like those boots?’ Yes, of course and what size are you?’

Louise asked Paddy to hurry up as they left the store and with that, the shop assistant ran down the street after Paddy and asked him to come back as Georginio bought Paddy the boots before agreeing to taking another picture with him after their first picture together came out poorly.

"We went into the Adidas store and Paddy just went and bought a pair of skinny pants, and of course being a typical Irish mammy,

I went 'come on so' because he would stay looking at soccer stuff all day if you let him," Louise told Ray D'Arcy on RTE Radio 1 on Monday.

"I was like 'come on, come on' and so we came out of the shop and he said 'I got a selfie with him' and I was like 'oh brilliant' and he said they started chatting about the soccer boots.

"He said to Paddy 'do you like those boots?' And Paddy said 'I do'.

"He said 'what size are you?' and he said 'size five' and he was like 'why don't you buy them?' And Paddy was like 'they're so expensive'.

"At that stage I had called him and we left the store and Paddy was telling me this and we walked out into the city and we literally just looked behind and the lady from the store had ran after us and she said 'listen, can you come back to the store? He wants to buy Paddy the boots'."

Mackessy said that he was delighted with Wijnaldum's act of kindness and that he wished he had of got the 26-year-old's name printed on the back of his jersey when his mother Louise bought him the new Liverpool playing kit on Sunday.

Wijnaldum scored in Liverpool's 3-0 win over Middlesbrough which booked Jürgen Klopp's side a place in next season's Champions League qualifiers.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/leftfield/liverpool-midfielder-gini-wijnaldum-buys-11yearold-limerick-boy-350-boots-in-random-act-of-kindness-35742373.html

Great story.

Also shows how out out the loop I am on football boots. £300 :o
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #330: May 22, 2017 06:58:18 pm
      Is this a credible news source? I know independent is good in UK, but £300 for childrens boots? I'd struggle to find adult boots that expensive.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #331: May 22, 2017 07:10:16 pm
      Is this a credible news source? I know independent is good in UK, but £300 for childrens boots? I'd struggle to find adult boots that expensive.

You sound like a F***ing trump supporting fruitcake lad.

It's the Irish Independent, who Rafa lover Dion Fanning worked for!!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #332: May 23, 2017 07:25:38 am
      Late to the party on his chant, love it.

‪https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUWg-iekla8
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #333: May 23, 2017 09:34:10 am
      His performance before vs after his goal was like chalk and cheese.

Superb second half after a forgettable first 45 minutes.

Still would like to see him ask questions of the opposition defence with his passing more often but those runs he was making in the second half were exactly what was needed.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #334: May 24, 2017 02:58:42 pm

Average player at best . Won't take us forward unless he takes a monumental stride in performances and consistency next season.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #335: May 24, 2017 03:03:31 pm
      His performance before vs after his goal was like chalk and cheese.

Superb second half after a forgettable first 45 minutes.

Still would like to see him ask questions of the opposition defence with his passing more often but those runs he was making in the second half were exactly what was needed.
      His
      Influence - average
      Passing- average
      Goal scoring - average
      Consistency - average
      Awareness -average
      Average player.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #336: May 24, 2017 03:07:07 pm
      His
      Influence - average
      Passing- average
      Goal scoring - average
      Consistency - average
      Awareness -average
      Average player.

You need to check your temperature.

Influence - average
      Passing- Good
      Goal scoring - Very Good
      Consistency - average
      Awareness -Good

Good player.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #337: May 24, 2017 03:36:58 pm
      You need to check your temperature.

Influence - average
      Passing- Good
      Goal scoring - Very Good
      Consistency - average
      Awareness -Good

Good player.
      Nah ,
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #338: May 24, 2017 03:43:19 pm

What do you want more from him? Is he better than Can or Henderson?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #339: May 24, 2017 04:11:14 pm
      What do you want more from him? Is he better than Can or Henderson?
      The three of them are average players who will not take us to another level. Don't you watch them play ? All  three of them are easily replaced . Inconsistent , limited players are of no use to us unless they make great strides each season .

Can you seriously believe that there are Chelsea , Spurs , City , Gunners or Man utd fans out there saying " I wish we had Can ,Henderson or Gini in our team " ?  There is a reason for that.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2017 04:16:08 pm by littleface »
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #340: May 24, 2017 04:13:46 pm
      The three of them are average players who will not take us to another level. Don't you watch them play ? All  three of them are easily replaced . Inconsistent , limited players are of no use to us unless they make great strides each season .

I can't agree with you because they do their job perfectly, letting others (attacks) do theirs. They're not world class but all three are good enough to play for Liverpool. Can they be replaced, no not so easy.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #341: May 24, 2017 05:32:16 pm
      I can't agree with you because they do their job perfectly, letting others (attacks) do theirs. They're not world class but all three are good enough to play for Liverpool. Can they be replaced, no not so easy.

Is right Clint and I would very much think the manager feels the same.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #342: May 24, 2017 05:40:44 pm
      His
      Influence - average
      Passing- average
      Goal scoring - average
      Consistency - average
      Awareness -average
      Average player.

You know, considering how you and some others constantly try to have a dig at Gini, Lucas and Can, if it wasn't for them stepping up towards the end of the season, then we wouldn't have gotten that 4th spot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #343: May 24, 2017 05:43:15 pm
      You know, considering how you and some others constantly try to have a dig at Gini, Lucas and Can, if it wasn't for them stepping up towards the end of the season, then we wouldn't have gotten that 4th spot.

Gini and Can fair enough mate, not sure how much Lucas contributed to us getting 4th.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #344: May 24, 2017 05:47:28 pm

Can you seriously believe that there are Chelsea , Spurs , City , Gunners or Man utd fans out there saying " I wish we had Can ,Henderson or Gini in our team " ?  There is a reason for that.

How many of their CM's have scored more goals than Gini and apart from Mata which United midfielder would you have over our 3?
      Before Hendo got injured his stats were the equal if not better than Kante.

You sure you are not Federer in disguise? Not heard from him for a while  :o

Quick Reply