Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192624 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #667: Jan 27, 2019 02:30:34 pm

Taking off our rose tinted glasses think Fernandinho is better and in the recent match totally outclassed our Midfield

Good shout, I can understand why you guys went for him, but Wijnaldum trumps it for me as he has performed in the 6 and 8, as well as being our best midfielder so far.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #668: Jan 27, 2019 03:43:40 pm
      Good shout, I can understand why you guys went for him, but Wijnaldum trumps it for me as he has performed in the 6 and 8, as well as being our best midfielder so far.

Think he offers more as you say in various roles but as a holding midfielder doesn't get near Fernandinho not strong enough tackling wise
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #669: Jan 27, 2019 04:01:26 pm
      Gini's had an outstanding season but Fernandinho definitely a level above.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #670: Jan 27, 2019 04:56:17 pm
      Taking off our rose tinted glasses think Fernandinho is better and in the recent match totally outclassed our Midfield

Not for me he isn’t.

Did play very well against us but I thought our midfield actually performed well against City.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #671: Jan 27, 2019 04:58:19 pm
      Gini's had an outstanding season but Fernandinho definitely a level above.

Not to my eyes.

Gini is much more versatile.

Fernandinho is in great form though and hugely important to City though.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #672: Jan 27, 2019 08:17:43 pm
      Fernandino is not another level above, he is a snide b***ard who should get sent off every game for tactical fouls
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #673: Jan 27, 2019 08:29:18 pm
      Not for me he isn’t.

Did play very well against us but I thought our midfield actually performed well against City.

Nah he snuffed every single piece of danger out was head and shoulders above everyone that night
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #674: Jan 27, 2019 08:51:16 pm
      Nah he snuffed every single piece of danger out was head and shoulders above everyone that night

Had a good game no argument but I think that’s a bit hyperbolic (personally).

I still don’t think our midfield did badly though on the night - fine margins.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #675: Jan 27, 2019 09:01:06 pm
      Remember fabinho coming on against city and pushing them back and they were hanging on a bit
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #676: Jan 27, 2019 09:08:37 pm
      Had a good game no argument but I think that’s a bit hyperbolic (personally).

I still don’t think our midfield did badly though on the night - fine margins.

Correct . A statement not meant to be taken literally just trying to get across my opinion
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #677: Jan 27, 2019 09:13:08 pm
      Correct . A statement not meant to be taken literally just trying to get across my opinion

Understood.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #678: Jan 27, 2019 09:15:11 pm
      Gini doesn’t play in the same position as Fernandinho so not fair comparing. Having said that it’s not fair comparing Gini to the two Silva’s  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #679: Jan 28, 2019 03:27:14 am

No he didn’t, we were dominated Bernardo Silva. If I remember rightly, Fernandinho lost possession more than any other player that day. Complete misconception that he dominated us that day, was far from it and if anything, it really takes away just how good Bernardo Silva was in that game.

Also where was he when we were on top for the first half hour of the of the match? Where was he when we were so close to taking the lead? No where, absolutely nowhere to be seen.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019 03:32:19 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #680: Jan 28, 2019 07:55:15 am
      No he didn’t, we were dominated Bernardo Silva. If I remember rightly, Fernandinho lost possession more than any other player that day. Complete misconception that he dominated us that day, was far from it and if anything, it really takes away just how good Bernardo Silva was in that game.

Also where was he when we were on top for the first half hour of the of the match? Where was he when we were so close to taking the lead? No where, absolutely nowhere to be seen.

Yeh that's right he was nowhere to be seen  :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #681: Jan 28, 2019 10:43:12 am
      Yeh that's right he was nowhere to be seen  :lmao: :lmao:

Excellent reply...

Where was he when we carved through them with such ease?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #682: Jan 28, 2019 10:44:15 am
      Excellent reply...

Exactly - Wijnaldum for me all day. Top player
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #683: Jan 28, 2019 11:00:25 am
      Fernandino is not another level above, he is a snide b***ard who should get sent off every game for tactical fouls

Maybe so but I'd still love to have him in our team. Having said that we have a very good midfield as well
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #684: Jan 28, 2019 11:03:06 am
      Remember fabinho coming on against city and pushing them back and they were hanging on a bit

Which I why I wish we had started with him instead of Milner, the trio of Hendo, Gini and Milner just neg each other out for some reason and they all become very passive. I am positive that if we had started Fabinho, Hendo and Gini then we would have at least drawn that match but I guess we'll never know.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #685: Jan 28, 2019 11:28:21 am
      Excellent reply...

We carved through them with ease once when we hit the post the goal came from a cross field pass totally away from his area your response that he was no where to be seen is complete and utter sh*te so either watch it again, drink weaker lager or just don't bother replying at all
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #686: Jan 28, 2019 11:32:53 am
      We carved through them with ease once when we hit the post the goal came from a cross field pass totally away from his area your response that he was no where to be seen is complete and utter sh*te so either watch it again, drink weaker lager or just don't bother replying at all

So childish.

Read what I said again - I said he was nowhere to be seen in the opening half hour of the match, which he wasn’t. Am I saying he was nowhere to be seen all match? No. Am I saying he had a sh*t game? No.

I highlighted that he wasn’t actually their best player on the day and didn’t actually “snuff out” every bit of danger and you’ve gotten your knickers in a twist. So you read and comprehend my post properly, “or don’t bother replying at all”.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #687: Jan 28, 2019 11:55:15 am
      So childish.

Read what I said again - I said he was nowhere to be seen in the opening half hour of the match, which he wasn’t. Am I saying he was nowhere to be seen all match? No. Am I saying he had a sh*t game? No.

I highlighted that he wasn’t actually their best player on the day and didn’t actually “snuff out” every bit of danger and you’ve gotten your knickers in a twist. So you read and comprehend my post properly, “or don’t bother replying at all”.
      You say he lost possesion more than other player which implies he had a sh*t game doesn't it?  As I explained my comment about snuffing every danger was not to be taken literally   .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #688: Jan 28, 2019 11:59:39 am
      You say he lost possesion more than other player which implies he had a sh*t game doesn't it?  As I explained my comment about snuffing every danger was not to be taken literally   .

No, it implies he was very sloppy in possession, not that he was sh*t. If I thought he had a sh*t game I’d have said he had a sh*t game. Salah has been sloppy in possession many times, doesn’t mean he’s had a sh*t game. There is more to a game than just possession or one individual aspect of a performance.

Which is one of the reasons Gini has been so good this season, all the parts of his game have been at a consistently good level. He could chip in with more goals and assists from time to time but everything else he is spot on with. But you can bet that when he does score, it will be one hell of an important goal.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #689: Jan 28, 2019 12:11:20 pm
      No, it implies he was very sloppy in possession, not that he was sh*t. If I thought he had a sh*t game I’d have said he had a sh*t game. Salah has been sloppy in possession many times, doesn’t mean he’s had a sh*t game. There is more to a game than just possession or one individual aspect of a performance.

Which is one of the reasons Gini has been so good this season, all the parts of his game have been at a consistently good level. He could chip in with more goals and assists from time to time but everything else he is spot on with. But you can bet that when he does score, it will be one hell of an important goal.

Fair enough and I agree think he has come on and his ability to retain possession is second to none but tackling, assists and incisive passing something he could improve on . In regards to the so called snide challenges Fernandinho makes then we don't do them nearly enough and have been done on a few occasions  where someone should have took one  for team

Quick Reply