Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192768 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #805: Jan 07, 2020 11:50:31 am
      I think he'll sign a new deal this summer mate.
      Hope so love the lad!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #806: Jan 07, 2020 11:57:36 am
      Deserves a new contract 100%, super fit, hardly ever injured.

Such a good player, so dependable
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #807: Jan 07, 2020 12:14:23 pm
      Gini is a bit like Hendo because he is capable of doing different roles but always puts the team first and carries out the managers instructions to the best of his abilities. I love watching him his energy is crazy along side Hendo and Fab they provide a Red Wall.
      His role in getting to the Final last season will become one of legend.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #808: Jan 12, 2020 12:19:19 am
      Absolutely everywhere against the Spuds quality player get that extension out ASAP!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #809: Jan 12, 2020 01:23:36 pm
      Absolutely everywhere against the Spuds quality player get that extension out ASAP!
      Absolutely mate, went with him for MOTM. One moment when he dwelled a little too long and led to a great chance for Son but other than that he was superb.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #810: Jan 12, 2020 04:35:53 pm
      His performance last night reminded me of the game he had when we beat Citeh earlier this season. Winning balls, great in possession (bar that bad give away), driving the play forward with running the ball and passing it. When he plays this way it is a joy to watch.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #811: Jan 12, 2020 10:59:14 pm
      He was great but in that last 15 minutes, he looked f**king tired...one stage he was jogging down back when Robbo got beat and the Tottenham lad got an easy cross in that went across the face of goal. Was a moment where I was screaming at Jürgen to get him off as he looked leggy, then to my surprise Jürgen mentioned that last 15 minutes from Gini as well in his post match tunnel interview.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2020 11:06:43 pm by AussieRed »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #812: Jan 13, 2020 01:20:38 am
      He was great but in that last 15 minutes, he looked f**king tired...one stage he was jogging down back when Robbo got beat and the Tottenham lad got an easy cross in that went across the face of goal. Was a moment where I was screaming at Jürgen to get him off as he looked leggy, then to my surprise Jürgen mentioned that last 15 minutes from Gini as well in his post match tunnel interview.
      He rallied toward the end and was charging things down again. Made a difference for us as he often does.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #813: Jan 14, 2020 05:29:06 am

Yeah nearly gave me a heart attack that, especially because there's no midfielders on the bench capable at the moment to replace him. I had him at that point as done for the day, but somehow he found a second or third wind and rallied.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #814: Jan 19, 2020 10:15:33 pm
      The man couldn’t be dispossessed in a hurricane.

What a player!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #815: Jan 20, 2020 12:11:03 pm
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 286 posts | 28 
      Reply #816: Jan 20, 2020 02:10:15 pm
      One of the most underrated players in LFC history. There was speculation when Naby K arrived that his place was in danger, but instead he's gone from strength to strength. Those goals against Barca will never be forgotten (and he scored a shedful for the Dutch in the recent Euro qualifiers).

If you wanted to do a case-study in Klopp's ability to improve players, you could choose Gigi.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #817: Jan 21, 2020 12:57:00 am
      One of the most underrated players in LFC history. There was speculation when Naby K arrived that his place was in danger, but instead he's gone from strength to strength. Those goals against Barca will never be forgotten (and he scored a shedful for the Dutch in the recent Euro qualifiers).

If you wanted to do a case-study in Klopp's ability to improve players, you could choose Gigi.

Leslie Caron hasn't been the same since she met Jürgen.
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #818: Feb 02, 2020 12:31:10 pm
      What a player Wijnaldum is. Such a classy player understands the game so well. 

A much better player than Naby I feel. Also he has such an impact on the game really helps us keep possession high up
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #819: Feb 02, 2020 01:03:20 pm
      Love Gini, he’s so strong and giving him the ball is like locking it in a safe and losing the key, but it makes me chuckle when every once in a while he gets the ball stuck between his feet like he has a dose of the djimi traore’s, but what a beast he is
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #820: Feb 02, 2020 01:51:50 pm
      Like others before him, Gini copped a lot of stick from the usual quarters for a while.

Others saw his value, but I've come to the conclusion that it's pointless trying to explain to people who are on the weird scapegoating bandwagon.

Much of his work goes unnoticed, but is just as vital to the team as any other players contribution.

For instance yesterday, shifting his position and putting in the hard yards (much like Fabinho did 2nd half) allowed Henderson a lot more freedom.
      Oldroangreenandred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #821: Feb 02, 2020 03:29:07 pm
      Love Gini, he’s so strong and giving him the ball is like locking it in a safe and losing the key, but it makes me chuckle when every once in a while he gets the ball stuck between his feet like he has a dose of the djimi traore’s, but what a beast he is

Couldn't agree more one of our most important players. Never makes a fuss about where he's played either just like milly in that regard. Very professional! Love him to bits
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #822: Feb 02, 2020 06:55:58 pm
      Would be lovely to get him a new contract sorted. Currently he has one more season on the clock after this one and hes approaching 30 so will be interesting to see how many years we offer him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #824: Feb 03, 2020 04:41:30 am
      Apparently he told Hendo he exteded!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1223525223611404289
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #825: Feb 03, 2020 06:10:13 am
      From a footballing point of view, we have to keep him but if we look at the financial side, it would be wise sell him at the end of the season. He's nearly 30 and we have Keita and Ox who are talented and hungry. He'll leave as a club legend and we'll get a very good price for him. Also, I think that Grujic, Keita and Ox are enough cover for his spot, one of them will surely establish himself as a starter.

I like Wijnaldum and would like him to stay but it would make sense to sell him too.

It seems he'll sign a new contract though.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #826: Feb 04, 2020 04:39:17 pm
      No way for me.  He is a core player in the team fantastic.  I am quite surprised how little mention he gets he is a massively important player.   And there is no need to risk selling him unless it is his choice and even then we should try our best to keep him which shouldn't be hard. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #827: Feb 04, 2020 04:56:47 pm
      Old FSG may have looked to cash in on him but I think they get it now that being 30 isnt an awful thing. Loads of good years ahead of him yet.

Quick Reply