Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192688 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #851: Mar 04, 2020 08:59:50 am
      Go out and buy a midfielder that runs at defenders. I'm so f**king sick of going out wide, throwing in a cross and no one on the end of it!

We are so predictable, can't believe all these other Teams couldn't figure us out, up until now!!!!

I 100% agree, what is this sh*t lately of getting the ball out to Robbo or Trent, waiting for all the defenders to get back then lumping a ball into a packed defence which we NEVER win, why have we started playing so damned slow and why is there no crisp play through the middle or players willing to run with the ball? We saw yesterday that Curtis had one good run through the middle and it completely split the Chelsea team, unfortunately he then passed it to Origi and it was easily dealt with, but it worked and we need to do it more often.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #852: Mar 04, 2020 09:32:21 am
      Go out and buy a midfielder that runs at defenders. I'm so f**king sick of going out wide, throwing in a cross and no one on the end of it!

We are so predictable, can't believe all these other Teams couldn't figure us out, up until now!!!!

Don't you feel dirty having the idiot agree with you. Its worked for three years and worked well we are just out of sorts/form at present its a bit like a striker not scoring for 10 games and then it hits him on the arse and goes in and he is away again. We have OX and Naby but neither have been good enough to command a regular spot and our midfield does what the manager wants and it has got us a long way in the past few seasons 66 league games 2 defeats how can anyone question this team
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #853: Mar 04, 2020 09:35:56 am
      Don't you feel dirty having the idiot agree with you. Its worked for three years and worked well we are just out of sorts/form at present its a bit like a striker not scoring for 10 games and then it hits him on the arse and goes in and he is away again. We have OX and Naby but neither have been good enough to command a regular spot and our midfield does what the manager wants and it has got us a long way in the past few seasons 66 league games 2 defeats how can anyone question this team

Does it not compute that teams have figured out a way of eliminating all our threat, just block the wingers and we have zero threat as the midfielders are programmed to ALWAYS pass the ball out wide. We hardly ever play anything through the middle any more, its a major issue, perhaps get rid of your prejudice and debate me properly
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #854: Mar 04, 2020 09:42:56 am
      Does it not compute that teams have figured out a way of eliminating all our threat, just block the wingers and we have zero threat as the midfielders are programmed to ALWAYS pass the ball out wide. We hardly ever play anything through the middle any more, its a major issue, perhaps get rid of your prejudice and debate me properly

nothing you post computes. you couldn't debate your way out of a wet paper bag your an idiot of the highest order . Who do you want injured this weekend Mo,Sadio or Bobby.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #855: Mar 04, 2020 09:53:18 am

Clown
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #856: Mar 04, 2020 10:21:10 am

Great debating skills by you and that other muppet, why don't you for once try to argue your case instead of just childish insults.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #857: Mar 04, 2020 10:21:03 pm

No mate, it doesn't feel dirty, suppose we both are just frustrated. Yes it worked and has worked well but for some reason it hasn't the last few games and we just need a different option in that midfield. I wanted Ox and naby to play that role but they just either unfit or out of form. Surely you would want that option of a Class player running at and splitting defences with a sweet pass or thru ball or even just a hit on goal. Craving it.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #858: Mar 05, 2020 02:16:29 am
      I look back at the Citeh game where Gini was breaking the lines and pushing the play, it is frustrating doesn't do that nearly as often as well as score a few more goals.

I think given Fabinho poor form I would like to see Gini dropped back in the deeper #6 role and with Ox/Milner for the Bouremouth game
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #859: Mar 05, 2020 10:07:38 am
      I look back at the Citeh game where Gini was breaking the lines and pushing the play, it is frustrating doesn't do that nearly as often as well as score a few more goals.

I think given Fabinho poor form I would like to see Gini dropped back in the deeper #6 role and with Ox/Milner for the Bouremouth game

I certainly would not have an issue with Fabinho being dropped to the bench, he's been quite poor since he's come back, play Millie in the #6 role with Ox and Gini in front of him and tell Gini to play a bit more proactive, tell him he's wearing an orange shirt. ;-)
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #860: Apr 30, 2020 08:33:45 pm
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #861: Apr 30, 2020 09:42:12 pm
       :clap: Congrats to Gini and his family on the birth of his beautiful baby boy.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #862: May 03, 2020 12:13:45 pm
      A belated congratulations to Gini and family, on the birth of their new baby boy.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #863: May 11, 2020 09:40:58 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #864: May 11, 2020 02:30:36 pm
      What's the deal with his contract negotiations, is it just media stirring up sh*t?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #865: May 11, 2020 02:41:24 pm
      What's the deal with his contract negotiations, is it just media stirring up sh*t?

Probably, I doubt anything regarding contracts is happening at the moment. His contract expires next summer but the club will likely sort something out by then.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #866: May 11, 2020 03:06:47 pm

Not concerned at all, it's not like the parties involved for the negotiations can sit down together and sort it out at the moment. Given he's been at the club a few years now and a valued member of the team, it's likely they are waiting for the world to go back to a bit of normality so they can do it all face to face. He's still got a year to run on it though and 6/7 months before other teams can approach him so it's not massively urgent just yet.

That doesn't sell the papers or get the clicks though.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #867: May 12, 2020 11:22:32 pm
      There's a question I'm dying to ask him on Instagram. There was a Q&A schduled but it was cancelled. Wouldn't he prefer to play as an attacking midfielder?

I think he could bring a lot there in terms of goals and assists, he is a very technical player and he regular shows that he can score for his country, but for us, it rarely happens.

The game against Barca proves this point in my opinion, he was playing more offensively and got into the box. So moany times, the good crosses  of our fullbacks aim only for the strikers while the midfielders could go for them too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #868: May 13, 2020 11:24:17 am
      There's a question I'm dying to ask him on Instagram. There was a Q&A schduled but it was cancelled. Wouldn't he prefer to play as an attacking midfielder?

I think he could bring a lot there in terms of goals and assists, he is a very technical player and he regular shows that he can score for his country, but for us, it rarely happens.

The game against Barca proves this point in my opinion, he was playing more offensively and got into the box. So moany times, the good crosses  of our fullbacks aim only for the strikers while the midfielders could go for them too.

I am wondering whether this might be one of the reasons why he's not rushing into a new contract, perhaps he's a bit annoyed at being restricted to playing a more defensive midfield role under Jürgen.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #869: Aug 09, 2020 07:01:00 pm
      https://twitter.com/anfieldedition/status/1292411664063778816?s=21

I F***ing hate tweets like this, look at the comments too, people want to sell him?

I just can’t get my head round it. Klopp, the best manager in the world bought him and plays him literally in every game. In that time we have become an unbelievable team and this man has been a massive part of it. He’s so under appreciated it actually upsets me. Like Firmino as a striker, he might not get the stats to tweet on Opta but his overall play, vision, fitness levels and overall ability is actually world class in my eyes.

I would be so upset if we get rid of him. Becoming 30 is not the same as before, plus he was never built on pace. I would happily give him another 3 year contract. He’s well worth it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #870: Aug 09, 2020 07:09:32 pm

I F***ing hate tweets like this, look at the comments too, people want to sell him?

I just can’t get my head round it. Klopp, the best manager in the world bought him and plays him literally in every game. In that time we have become an unbelievable team and this man has been a massive part of it. He’s so under appreciated it actually upsets me. Like Firmino as a striker, he might not get the stats to tweet on Opta but his overall play, vision, fitness levels and overall ability is actually world class in my eyes.

I would be so upset if we get rid of him. Becoming 30 is not the same as before, plus he was never built on pace. I would happily give him another 3 year contract. He’s well worth it.

100% agree.

So many people just don't seem to know, or want to know what Gini brings to the team, and how much he sacrifices his own game for the good of the team.
      A wonderful player, and would hate to lose him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #871: Aug 09, 2020 07:52:21 pm

I f**king hate tweets like this, look at the comments too, people want to sell him?

On top of being an absolute gem of a player what makes me love him even more is the attitude. His attitude screams ''WINNER''. This is the type of guy you want in your team in order to win.

I'll never forget the intensity and killer attitude he had in this semifinal. Comes on and just manhandles the Barca defense in their own box.

With that said, if a player is set on leaving and he's not going to sign an extention then you are always better off selling and get some money for him instead of losing on a free a bit later.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #872: Aug 09, 2020 08:43:29 pm
      Invaluable to the team but it’s worrying he hasn’t been re-signed at this point. Can’t imagine we haven’t made a reasonable offer but we also probably have to consider a new deal for Virgil at some point which will likely be record breaking so maybe we can’t offer Gini what he wants. Could easily see someone like Barca or PSG trying to snap him up.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #873: Aug 09, 2020 11:44:40 pm
      Invaluable to the team but it’s worrying he hasn’t been re-signed at this point. Can’t imagine we haven’t made a reasonable offer but we also probably have to consider a new deal for Virgil at some point which will likely be record breaking so maybe we can’t offer Gini what he wants. Could easily see someone like Barca or PSG trying to snap him up.
      I'd argue it would be a good idea to have this issue sorted out before the end of this window. He's still valuable enough to command a good sum of money in the transfer market but it will drop significantly as soon as this window is shut.

I'd like him to either sign a new deal or get a transfer before the end of this window. Don't want to see us losing him on a free or a ridiculous fee in January.

Quick Reply