Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192639 times
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #943: Sep 04, 2020 08:29:27 pm
      Totally agree with that as long he doesn't get backache the last minute. :D

Yeah he has been absolutely marvelous no qualms with him whatsoever. 

If he wants to go, we need money for him  now.  I'm sick of our players lining their own pockets and not giving back. Ultimate disrespect in my eyes, but thats agents for you I suppose
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #944: Sep 04, 2020 09:07:37 pm
      If he wants to go, we need money for him  now.  I'm sick of our players lining their own pockets and not giving back. Ultimate disrespect in my eyes, but thats agents for you I suppose

Nah mate in my opinion he's given back a lot to the club he has been an integral part of our success.  In fact in my opinion, which a lot may disagree,  if Barca want to low bowl us I would keep him and let them deal with agents when he is available for free. 

I agree that we should try to get a fee for a player rather than let him go free.  But Barca a real dirty club can't be giving them a bargain they'll back for more trying turn heads.  He's on his last year that in itself means that he will be available for a very competitive price but lets say they offer less than 20m.  I honestly think we should keep him. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #945: Sep 04, 2020 09:51:54 pm
      As good a servant to the club he has been, he canā€™t be allowed to hold us to ransom as it were. If heā€™s not going to sign a contract, and is determined to force a move to Barca, ok if we get the right price for him. If not, get Thiago in snd put Gini in the ressies. If he gets pissed and doesnā€™t turn up for training, withhold his wages.
      Our own players and other clubs can not be allowed to take the piss and rip us off.

Iā€™d also like to know why he would be holding out for a move to Barca. Was there any approach to the club from the former manager? I didnā€™t hear of anything.
      So how long has Koeman had an interest in him. How long has he known he was gonna be the new manager of Barca. The non signing of Ginis contract saga has been going on long before Koeman was appointed!
      So has there been words previously, ie an illegal approach ?
      It all seems a bit irregular considering how long Gini has been holding out, and how long Koeman has been at Barca.
      You donā€™t just decide not to take the offer of a new contract because you want to play for Barcelona unless someone has indicated they were coming for you. Something underhand here unless they did approach the club and itā€™s been kept quiet !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #946: Sep 04, 2020 10:21:53 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #947: Sep 04, 2020 10:30:03 pm
      As good a servant to the club he has been, he canā€™t be allowed to hold us to ransom as it were. If heā€™s not going to sign a contract, and is determined to force a move to Barca, ok if we get the right price for him. If not, get Thiago in snd put Gini in the ressies. If he gets pissed and doesnā€™t turn up for training, withhold his wages.
      Our own players and other clubs can not be allowed to take the piss and rip us off.

Iā€™d also like to know why he would be holding out for a move to Barca. Was there any approach to the club from the former manager? I didnā€™t hear of anything.
      So how long has Koeman had an interest in him. How long has he known he was gonna be the new manager of Barca. The non signing of Ginis contract saga has been going on long before Koeman was appointed!
      So has there been words previously, ie an illegal approach ?
      It all seems a bit irregular considering how long Gini has been holding out, and how long Koeman has been at Barca.
      You donā€™t just decide not to take the offer of a new contract because you want to play for Barcelona unless someone has indicated they were coming for you. Something underhand here unless they did approach the club and itā€™s been kept quiet !

He's not "holding out." He's at training every day, just finished training camp in Austria with us. No suggestion anywhere that he's done anything short of fulfilling the terms of his contract.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #948: Sep 05, 2020 10:20:14 am
      The facts say he does his job well and his main role is not to assist or try killer passes. Iā€™m sure Michael Edwards will get us a good price. Ā£40m? If not a new contract.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DistanceCovered/status/1301125754768556042

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1125884043793510402

https://mobile.twitter.com/BarcaStat/status/1301086312326402049

https://mobile.twitter.com/XaviTempo_/status/1301839314117185536
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #949: Sep 05, 2020 10:47:21 am

Hope that comment about valuation is tongue in cheek
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #950: Sep 05, 2020 11:59:05 am
      Hope that comment about valuation is tongue in cheek

Iā€™ve seen Ā£25m thrown around.

Ā£40m will be so good for someone with a year left.

Oh wait. Timo went for Ā£48m. So I could be greedy. I see your point now.

Ok, if Michael Edwards could do Ā£40m, salute to him. Then maybe Ā£35m?

Did we pay Ā£28m for him?

Ā£35m then. Gini is world class. Best in the business. Barcaā€™S interest is testament to his quality.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #951: Sep 05, 2020 12:07:19 pm
      Iā€™ve seen Ā£25m thrown around.

Ā£40m will be so good for someone with a year left.

Oh wait. Timo went for Ā£48m. So I could be greedy. I see your point now.

Ok, if Michael Edwards could do Ā£40m, salute to him. Then maybe Ā£35m?

Did we pay Ā£28m for him?

Ā£35m then. Gini is world class. Best in the business. Barcaā€™S interest is testament to his quality.

Will platt piss if we get 25 m for him never mind 35 m probably even less then 20m
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #952: Sep 05, 2020 12:08:10 pm
      Will platt piss if we get 25 m for him never mind 35 m probably even less then 20m

???
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #953: Sep 05, 2020 12:17:47 pm

How much do you think we will get for a 29 Yr old with less than a year on his contract?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #954: Sep 05, 2020 12:23:15 pm
      How much do you think we will get for a 29 Yr old with less than a year on his contract?

With only one interested buyer, probably only about Ā£15m which is not enough to get Thiago :-(

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #955: Sep 05, 2020 12:29:40 pm
      With only one interested buyer, probably only about Ā£15m which is not enough to get Thiago :-(

Why did you question my original  statement then which you have just agreed with ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #956: Sep 05, 2020 01:36:38 pm
      Why did you question my original  statement then which you have just agreed with ?

Because I couldn't understand it:  "Will platt piss if we get 25 m for him never mind 35 m probably even less then 20m"
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #957: Sep 05, 2020 01:52:23 pm
      Because I couldn't understand it:  "Will platt piss if we get 25 m for him never mind 35 m probably even less then 20m"

Basically saying we will get nowhere near 35 M or 25 M and pretty sure be 20 M at best
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #958: Sep 05, 2020 06:36:56 pm
      That twitter comment about how Wijnaldum doesn't have a lot of assists and that he's mediocre is why I only follow a small cast of reliable people and don't check comments on twitter or any other platform.

The amount of casual ''know nothing about nothing yet I still have a phone and a wifi connection'' fucks is light years beyond bearable.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #959: Sep 05, 2020 08:03:46 pm
      If we are not going to get much for him from Barca we are better off just getting another year of service and let him walk on a free (which seems more likely to happen).

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #960: Sep 05, 2020 08:20:34 pm
      If we are not going to get much for him from Barca we are better off just getting another year of service and let him walk on a free (which seems more likely to happen).

And that is probably what is what happening Barca will have been given a figure and if they don't meet it will probably keep him and lose him for diddly
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #961: Sep 05, 2020 09:18:32 pm
      Nah mate in my opinion he's given back a lot to the club he has been an integral part of our success.  In fact in my opinion, which a lot may disagree,  if Barca want to low bowl us I would keep him and let them deal with agents when he is available for free. 

I agree that we should try to get a fee for a player rather than let him go free.  But Barca a real dirty club can't be giving them a bargain they'll back for more trying turn heads.  He's on his last year that in itself means that he will be available for a very competitive price but lets say they offer less than 20m.  I honestly think we should keep him. 

Does anyone know what he wants ?, or is it playing for Barca too much to resist
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2020 09:23:36 pm by redtiler »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #962: Sep 05, 2020 09:38:45 pm
      Does anyone know what he wants ?, or is it playing for Barca too much to resist

It could be he wants play a free role in midfield, new challenge, change of climate, longer contract, more money, wants to join with koeman.  Could be something else or a mixture of the above it is all guess work. 

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #963: Sep 05, 2020 10:59:47 pm
      ā—ļø Liverpool have told Barcelona it will cost them Ā£15million to land Gini Wijnaldum. But Barcelona were hoping to land the 29-year-old midfielder for around Ā£10million. [@MirrorFootball] https://t.co/KY3NMIOyFV
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #964: Sep 05, 2020 11:06:15 pm
      That twitter comment about how Wijnaldum doesn't have a lot of assists and that he's mediocre is why I only follow a small cast of reliable people and don't check comments on twitter or any other platform.

The amount of casual ''know nothing about nothing yet I still have a phone and a wifi connection'' fucks is light years beyond bearable.

Saw the stats saying Maguire was better than vvd and obi wan bissaka is better than Trent etc.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #965: Sep 05, 2020 11:37:42 pm
      Can we trade Gini and Messi on bosmans next year?

Quick Reply