Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192777 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #966: Sep 06, 2020 12:59:50 am
      ā—ļø Liverpool have told Barcelona it will cost them Ā£15million to land Gini Wijnaldum. But Barcelona were hoping to land the 29-year-old midfielder for around Ā£10million. [@MirrorFootball] https://t.co/KY3NMIOyFV

Add those two numbers together.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #967: Sep 06, 2020 03:48:42 am
      Saw the stats saying Maguire was better than vvd and obi wan bissaka is better than Trent etc.
      It's mind boggling the sh*t you can read on there. I get the banter and the occasional troll but some people on there are proper 100% deluded cu*ts.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #968: Sep 06, 2020 06:40:34 am

Agree, we got him for Ā£23m add a wee bit of stock for being a CL & Prem winner and the price is right, if Koeman wants him f***in cough up, Simples, if Giniā€™s heart is no longer scouse, Iā€™ll look forward to the postcards from the bench !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #969: Sep 06, 2020 08:22:09 am

Agree, we got him for Ā£23m add a wee bit of stock for being a CL & Prem winner and the price is right, if Koeman wants him f***in cough up, Simples, if Giniā€™s heart is no longer scouse, Iā€™ll look forward to the postcards from the bench !

Y  N  W  A

Final year of contract not a chance we get more than Ā£10-15m for him, just a shame that Bayern are in a stronger position than us.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #970: Sep 06, 2020 08:45:12 am

Might have got that 6 months ago or longer very unlikely now or we could wait lose him for nothing at end of season
      Kopite78
      Reply #971: Sep 06, 2020 09:01:28 am
      Final year of contract not a chance we get more than Ā£10-15m for him, just a shame that Bayern are in a stronger position than us.

Why are they?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #972: Sep 06, 2020 09:01:55 am

Its actually a good point, it depends on how much Thiago is agitating to move compared to Gini, but with Bayern's squad I imagine they could easier bench Thiago than we could Gini if they both decide to throw a strop. Also super rich Bayern can better afford to lose the transfer fee than little old poor us.
      Kopite78
      Reply #973: Sep 06, 2020 09:21:52 am
      Its actually a good point, it depends on how much Thiago is agitating to move compared to Gini, but with Bayern's squad I imagine they could easier bench Thiago than we could Gini if they both decide to throw a strop. Also super rich Bayern can better afford to lose the transfer fee than little old poor us.

That is utter nonsense mate that

A. You have no idea either are agitating or not
      B. We have enough options and a strong enough manager to bench anyone
      C. We are not a poor club in comparison to Bayern. Our wage bill is higher than theirs for a start
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #974: Sep 06, 2020 09:29:34 am

C. We are not a poor club in comparison to Bayern. Our wage bill is higher than theirs for a start

Seems like Bayern have valued their price way higher and obviously testing water .Nearer this goes to end of window this will become lower and lower and I suppose same with Gini but as you say a lot depends on the player and whether they are demanding or really wanting to move 
      Kopite78
      Reply #975: Sep 06, 2020 09:41:41 am
      Seems like Bayern have valued their price way higher and obviously testing water .Nearer this goes to end of window this will become lower and lower and I suppose same with Gini but as you say a lot depends on the player and whether they are demanding or really wanting to move

Exactly, if the window was closing in a week then clubs can buckle, but it runs for another month so clubs can hold firm on valuations

Thiago it's pretty clear what their price is, as for Gini, even if hes available which no one knows there certainly isnt a widely recognised price that we would want.. our transfer team have shown time and again that they get us great deals so the thought that we buckle and sell Gini for a price a lot lower than even say the Thiago figure I find hard to believe

Let's say Barca want him, we know that they need positive PR because of the wreck they seemingly are to the outside world and their own fans, we know their current president is getting a kicking from everybody including their best player and talisman, so again the thought we give them a deal even though Gini only has a year to run is again fantasy. It's more likely because of those reasons they pay slightly over the top of valuation rather than well under it

Also this narrative that Gini has wanted this for months and it's been lined up again is a stretch for me, if anything it's been pushed in the last 2-3 weeks since Koeman has taken charge. Ronny the Red is a massive Gini fan and for me its happened literally on the back of his appointment

Gini may well then have thought, know what, I haven't got the deal I need for Liverpool (and that seems length over cash from a few things I've listened to recently), my national team manager has just taken over a Barca (a club who is renowned in Holland just as much as south america ), I've won the lot at Liverpool.. maybe its time for a new challenge

I honestly think as much as Klopp wouldnt want to lose Gini on a free ala Can, I genuinely think if it was the best of a bad situation hed use him for this year as continuity and a level of performance he knows he will get

But the thought that we are in a poorer position to Bayern or indeed any other club in the world game currently is nothing short of petulance for wanting everything to be done over night when the realism in the current world nothing is normal and that includes length of transfer window
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #976: Sep 06, 2020 09:49:30 am

A. Plenty of indications both players want to leave, not signing a new contract is a big clue.
      B. Never said the manager is not strong enough to bench anyone just that it would hurt us more than Bayern with their stronger squad and easier league.
      C. We are clearly poorer than Bayern as we cant afford to make any signings without first selling, Bayern have already bought Sane for Ā£50m this summer.
      Kopite78
      Reply #977: Sep 06, 2020 10:00:24 am
      A. Plenty of indications both players want to leave, not signing a new contract is a big clue.
      B. Never said the manager is not strong enough to bench anyone just that it would hurt us more than Bayern with their stronger squad and easier league.
      C. We are clearly poorer than Bayern as we cant afford to make any signings without first selling, Bayern have already bought Sane for Ā£50m this summer.

A. But you dont know the situations of either
      B. We have a very strong squad, we won the CL and PL in the last two seasons which is proof of that, I think we have 8 players who can play CM in the squad
      C. We are run differently to them but there is no doubt that we are financially in the very least on the same level as Bayern. Look at wage Bills l, look at record signings, look at income, look at the money value of each league
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #978: Sep 06, 2020 10:57:02 am
      But the thought that we are in a poorer position to Bayern or indeed any other club in the world game currently is nothing short of petulance for wanting everything to be done over night when the realism in the current world nothing is normal and that includes length of transfer window

Thatā€™s so right. In addition...

In my opinion, to conclude that weā€™re poorer than Bayern is more than shortsightedness.

Every club has to sell to buy. Even man city has to sell oil and sponsorships to Etihad to buy players. Economics 101? And we wonā€™t know how Bayern financed the Ā£50m. Debt or cash or by selling a sponsorship or another player?

In my opinion, to make the conclusion that we are poorer than Bayern is premature. We know to little. Judging too early (that we are poorer than Bayern) makes bad judgement.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #979: Sep 06, 2020 11:03:35 am
      Thatā€™s so right. In addition...

In my opinion, to conclude that weā€™re poorer than Bayern is more than shortsightedness.

Every club has to sell to buy. Even man city has to sell oil and sponsorships to Etihad to buy players. Economics 101? And we wonā€™t know how Bayern financed the Ā£50m. Debt or cash or by selling a sponsorship or another player?

In my opinion, to make the conclusion that we are poorer than Bayern is premature. We know to little. Judging too early (that we are poorer than Bayern) makes bad judgement.

We seem to have more limited or restrictive transfer funds, can we at least agree on that. BTW Man City as a club do not have to sell players to fund transfers so stop being silly.

Oh and actually we are poorer than Bayern Munich or at least the club is worth less:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

Rank   Team         Value in millions       % change on year   Debt as % of value   Revenue ($M)
      1   Real Madrid     4,231                        4                           6                           796
      2   Barcelona         4,205                       -1                           8                           815
      3   Man Utd          3,983                       -8                           19                           795
      4   Bayern Munich 3,024                       -1                           0                           751
      5   Man City         2,688                        9                           0                           678
      6   Chelsea           2,576                       25                   0                           597
      7   Arsenal            2,267                        1                          11                           520
      8   Liverpool         2,183                       12                  3                           613
      9   Spurs              1,624                       31                  37                           511

Bloody hell the debt on Utd and Spurs is scary but I'm surprised we are worth less than Arsenal although I suspect we'll overtake them soon.
      « Last Edit: Sep 06, 2020 11:11:42 am by heimdall »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #980: Sep 06, 2020 05:28:05 pm
      Gini was a great servant for the club. He played a huge role in the best come back ever, was a wonderful squad player who could play in a number of positions, and was part of some historical moments for the club
       He will be remembered 20 years from now for some of his moments on the field.

However, business is business. He won't sign a deal, we want another player, and Barca want him. This all makes sense to me, hopefully terms get met. Nothing to be sad about.
      Kopite78
      Reply #981: Sep 06, 2020 05:30:25 pm
      Gini was a great servant for the club. He played a huge role in the best come back ever, was a wonderful squad player who could play in a number of positions, and was part of some historical moments for the club

However, business is business. He won't sign a deal, we want another player, and Barca want him. This all makes sense to me, hopefully terms get met. Nothing to be sad about.

How do you know he wont sign a deal?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #982: Sep 06, 2020 08:58:51 pm
      How do you know he wont sign a deal?

Erm because he hasn't signed a deal yet with just one year left, what's complicated about this?
      Kopite78
      Reply #983: Sep 06, 2020 09:04:27 pm
      Erm because he hasn't signed a deal yet with just one year left, what's complicated about this?

So you know what's been offered? When its offered? If anything has been offered?

Or do you actually know F**k all?

You expect him to sign the first thing pushed under his nose?

If the deal was right you dont think hed sign?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #984: Sep 06, 2020 09:09:55 pm

Just to correct you

Gini ā€œISā€ a great servant to the club

He is still a Liverpool player
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #985: Sep 06, 2020 09:11:27 pm

The issue is the length of the contract offered - he wanted 3 years , 2 years was offered I believe , long way to go yet with this and I have no doubt that Gini can easily sign a new contract
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #986: Sep 06, 2020 10:15:36 pm
      I dont know that he won't sign one. However, we can't wait around forever. He has to do what's best for him, and likewise for us. If he doesn't sign a deal soon it makes sense to sell him to a suitor and take the funds and spend them elsewhere.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #987: Sep 06, 2020 11:57:30 pm
      If Gini even wants to go, I have no bad words to say about him. What I don't understand is him wanting to join a sinking ship no matter who the Manager is!! Surely if he wants to impress Koeman that much, he should let his talking be done on the pitch with us!
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #988: Sep 07, 2020 12:49:48 pm
      The issue is the length of the contract offered - he wanted 3 years , 2 years was offered I believe , long way to go yet with this and I have no doubt that Gini can easily sign a new contract

Is the dispute true?

I'd be surprised because Mike Edwards is a master at structuring deals. I'm sure he could easily structure something that suits both the club, player and his agent.

Quick Reply