Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192703 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #989: Sep 07, 2020 03:00:03 pm
      If Gini even wants to go, I have no bad words to say about him. What I don't understand is him wanting to join a sinking ship no matter who the Manager is!! Surely if he wants to impress Koeman that much, he should let his talking be done on the pitch with us!

Agree, plus Koeman is only there a year at best.

That aside i can see why he’d want to move on. Been in the PL for ages and has won it all with LFC and he’d get to go to a great city with great weather and play a more creative role like he does for the national team instead of the gut-busting one he does for us.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #990: Sep 07, 2020 04:08:40 pm
      The issue is the length of the contract offered - he wanted 3 years , 2 years was offered I believe , long way to go yet with this and I have no doubt that Gini can easily sign a new contract

I think if that is true that is not a low ball,  It's a no ball.  2 Years for Gini we offered that to Milner at the grand age of 40!  Do you have any evidence of that?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #991: Sep 23, 2020 11:13:51 am
      Looks like Gini has rejected the new contract offer.

Wonder if we will look to cash in and sell him to Barca or let him see out his contract to the Summer if he's happy to stay on?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #992: Sep 23, 2020 11:24:36 am
      Looks like Gini has rejected the new contract offer.

Wonder if we will look to cash in and sell him to Barca or let him see out his contract to the Summer if he's happy to stay on?

Yeah I read that, looking like he's on his way then.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #993: Sep 23, 2020 11:43:03 am
      Yeah I read that, looking like he's on his way then.

Not this season though. Picked for the starting XI last weekend and will be again vs. Arsenal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #994: Sep 23, 2020 11:58:56 am
      Not this season though. Picked for the starting XI last weekend and will be again vs. Arsenal.

Bollocks to that, get him sold, we can't afford to have a £25m asset leave for free, he's good but not that bloody good, get Koeman on the phone.
      Kopite78
      Reply #995: Sep 23, 2020 12:04:17 pm
      He will leave next season on a free

Jürgen seems to want that too so im cool with it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #996: Sep 23, 2020 12:04:46 pm

Not sure it would make sence to keep him Robby unless he's just after a bigger wage packet. Don't know how long he has on his contract but if it's only a year he has to go now otherwise lose him on a free next year.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #997: Sep 23, 2020 12:19:37 pm
      Not sure it would make sence to keep him Robby unless he's just after a bigger wage packet. Don't know how long he has on his contract but if it's only a year he has to go now otherwise lose him on a free next year.

His value to us is on the pitch. He's helped us win two major trophies and will help us compete for more this season. He isn't...cargo.

We'll manage to pay the light bill without selling him, I'm confident.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #998: Sep 23, 2020 12:25:18 pm
      His value to us is on the pitch. He's helped us win two major trophies and will help us compete for more this season. He isn't...cargo.

I don't think he was instrumental in you winning the league though. On a personal note I think you could of won it without him. I don't rate the lad highly as some do but only my opinion.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #999: Sep 23, 2020 12:49:27 pm
      I don't think he was instrumental in you winning the league though. On a personal note I think you could of won it without him. I don't rate the lad highly as some do but only my opinion.

He started 41 matches last season. Must have been doing something right.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1000: Sep 23, 2020 12:58:03 pm
      He started 41 matches last season. Must have been doing something right.

Maguire not missed a match at United and done F**k all  ;D Seriously though obviously he's played his part but he's not at  the top of my list if I was a Liverpool fan and thought he needed to stay.

Klopps view is now going to be very interesting in which way he wants to go. It's a good story line and one to follow.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1001: Sep 23, 2020 01:02:48 pm

So he's worth £600k per week then in your opinion, because that's what he'll cost us this season (wages plus lost transfer fee). Sorry but I disagree, I think he is by far the least important midfielder we have now, I wouldn't even have him in my starting XI, I think most games it will be Thiago, Keita and Fabinho/Henderson.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1002: Sep 23, 2020 02:13:33 pm
      So he's worth £600k per week then in your opinion, because that's what he'll cost us this season (wages plus lost transfer fee). Sorry but I disagree, I think he is by far the least important midfielder we have now, I wouldn't even have him in my starting XI, I think most games it will be Thiago, Keita and Fabinho/Henderson.

I thought we wanted depth and options?

If he's so unimportant why would he draw such a transfer fee in the final year of his contract.

Anyway, disagreeing about his value is fine, but I think it's been pretty well established that he's not moving this year. That story was put to bed in the last couple of weeks.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1003: Sep 23, 2020 02:19:04 pm
      We are not afraid of letting a player go on a free. He is more valuable to us this year than the money we'd get for him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1004: Sep 23, 2020 02:30:21 pm
      I thought we wanted depth and options?

If he's so unimportant why would he draw such a transfer fee in the final year of his contract.

Anyway, disagreeing about his value is fine, but I think it's been pretty well established that he's not moving this year. That story was put to bed in the last couple of weeks.

In an ideal world he'd accept his new contract and stay in the squad but it seems that he he doesn't want that, he wants to run down his contract and F**k the club over.
      You have to ask yourself, is he worth £600k per week this season, is he really that crucial to our team now that we have Thiago, yes or no?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1005: Sep 23, 2020 02:30:51 pm

Unlike you Keith to underestimate our players, if he weren’t with us Ole would be after him, he’s as good as you have for sure, I hope things get sorted out between him & the club, if not good luck to the lad, he has given us more than anyone could ask for, it’s possible the deal offered isn’t as good as he could get at Barca, if so, that’s fair enough, he’ll give his all for us in the time he has left, I think Jürgen trusts him to do that and not just take the money and warm the bench.

Y  N  W  A
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1006: Sep 23, 2020 02:37:22 pm
      In an ideal world he'd accept his new contract and stay in the squad but it seems that he he doesn't want that, he wants to run down his contract and f**k the club over.
      You have to ask yourself, is he worth £600k per week this season, is he really that crucial to our team now that we have Thiago, yes or no?

Once again you haven’t got a F***ing clue

He wants a 4 year extension a club only looking at either a 2-3 deal , it’s got nothing to do with screwing the club over , he wants to stay
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1007: Sep 23, 2020 02:42:06 pm
      Once again you haven’t got a f**king clue

He wants a 4 year extension a club only looking at either a 2-3 deal , it’s got nothing to do with screwing the club over , he wants to stay

Well he's not getting a F***ing 4 year contract so he either signs a 3 year one or he can find employment elsewhere, does he think he's in a position to dictate terms to the club or something? He must think that we are so desperate to have him in the team that we'll give him anything he wants, he sounds like a bit of a trouble maker to me, bad for team spirit.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1008: Sep 23, 2020 02:44:32 pm
      Well he's not getting a f**king 4 year contract so he either signs a 3 year one or he can find employment elsewhere,

He will

In 12 months

he sounds like a bit of a trouble maker to me, bad for team spirit.

Yeah ,Jürgen  strikes me as someone whod keep one of them around 

Also hes literally never given that impression and seems a very popular member of the team

Seems like you're talking out of your arse again and making statements based on F**k all
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1009: Sep 23, 2020 02:59:38 pm
      He will

In 12 months

Yeah ,Jürgen  strikes me as someone whod keep one of them around 

Also hes literally never given that impression and seems a very popular member of the team

Seems like you're talking out of your arse again and making statements based on f**k all

Well whoopee for Gini, meanwhile the club we all support loses a transfer fee, what part of that is confusing to you?

Any player who runs down their contract is a bit of a tw*t in my book, you'd only do that if you hate the club or manager/owners. Even if Gini wants a longer contract he could easily sign a new contract with us now, then look elsewhere next summer, then he gets his 4 years and we get a transfer fee, everyone's a winner. This current situation is only good for one person, GINI.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1010: Sep 23, 2020 03:02:21 pm
      Well whoopee for Gini, meanwhile the club we all support loses a transfer fee, what part of that is confusing to you?

Any player who runs down their contract is a bit of a tw*t in my book, you'd only do that if you hate the club or manager/owners. Even if Gini wants a longer contract he could easily sign a new contract with us now, then look elsewhere next summer, then he gets his 4 years and we get a transfer fee, everyone's a winner. This current situation is only good for one person, GINI.

😂
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1011: Sep 23, 2020 03:19:37 pm
      Seems like you're talking out of your arse again and making statements based on f**k all

It’s called assumption. Everything will be reversed once we come out to say we are so and so, working inside Melwood in this or that capacity, and so we know better than everyone else here. Still waiting to hear that. But let’s just call that an assumption for now. From what we know, Gini is a really nice bloke.

Quick Reply