Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 195349 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Jan 06, 2021 01:49:58 pm
      Till I hear it officially I’m calling it bullshit.

You can call it whatever you want, but all the signs are pointing to his exit so I wouldn't get too attached.

Thiago was brought in to replace him....they knew he was going to go.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #1151: Jan 06, 2021 03:03:46 pm
      You can call it whatever you want, but all the signs are pointing to his exit so I wouldn't get too attached.

Thiago was brought in to replace him....they knew he was going to go.
      but there was some hope that he would extend his stay
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #1152: Jan 06, 2021 03:04:15 pm
      100%

Every team must go through that phase. If Gini is off its a shame but he more than played his part here
      quite the part played by him as well, his semi-final performance is never to be forgotten
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #1153: Jan 06, 2021 03:47:26 pm
      Whatever Gini decides to do, wish him well. He has given his all for the team, proving himself as a top player.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1154: Jan 06, 2021 06:09:30 pm
      Can see Mo leaving after Gini, followed by Bobby and Mane over the next 2/3 seasons.

I trust the club will reinvest wisely and bring in some top talent for the future.

Would be interesting to watch how we bank top dollar for them, just on the sales proceeds alone. Provided they do not leave on a free.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1155: Jan 06, 2021 06:21:04 pm
      Gini and milky probably off in the summer, maybe Shaq as well, bit of a rebuild in the summer then
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1156: Jan 06, 2021 06:22:28 pm
      Gini and milky probably off in the summer, maybe Shaq as well, bit of a rebuild in the summer then

Who is Milky ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1157: Jan 06, 2021 06:24:44 pm

Just went to correct that, meant to be Milner. Bloody phone
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1158: Jan 06, 2021 06:26:12 pm
      Just went to correct that, meant to be Milner. Bloody phone

:lmao: :lmao:
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1159: Jan 06, 2021 06:28:09 pm
      Sky sports reporting it now stalemate . Aw well all good things and all that wish him well and just hope he can finish the season in style dont thing his head will be turned and will give it his all
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #1160: Jan 06, 2021 06:38:00 pm

A bit off topic, but wouldn't mind this. Think the squad needs a bit of an overhaul especially when considering how most of our depth players are made of glass.

With regards to Gini, he's been a professional since day one. Personally, I don't think we ever saw his full potential because of the role he played (no complaints from my side) but he contributed so much to all of our great moments under Klopp.

Wish him all the best.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1161: Jan 06, 2021 10:45:00 pm
      I think it's a massive loss. He has been excellent this season and last and has been a proper servant to the club. Incredibly hard working, great engine, quick feet, does so much work that doesn't necessarily grab the headlines but the side will miss him. I can understand the allure of Barca, particularly given his age but Koeman is far from secure and who knows if he will even be there come the end of the season so the move also represents a big risk.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1162: Jan 07, 2021 08:36:11 am
      £75K PW the lad is on... bit of a piss take salary for a player of his quality.,
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1163: Jan 07, 2021 08:43:07 am
      £75K PW the lad is on... bit of a piss take salary for a player of his quality.,

I'd like to know what the club are offering him.

Anything less than £140k per week is an insult considering Keita is on £120k per week and hardly plays.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1164: Jan 07, 2021 09:55:41 am

Agree.

He will be badly missed but I'd say he's off in the summer.

CT_LFC

• 6,809 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1165: Jan 07, 2021 01:53:20 pm

No one put a gun to his head to sign that contract when he came from Newcastle. He signed it willingly and happily.

I have not seen the actual amount on offer currently, but i have read various places that wages is not the issue and its the # of years.

As i currently understand it, that offer is still on the table and Gini has not accepted nor countered. Probably waiting to see what else comes his way from other teams to then make a decision.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1166: Jan 07, 2021 01:59:08 pm
      No one put a gun to his head to sign that contract when he came from Newcastle. He signed it willingly and happily.

I have not seen the actual amount on offer currently, but i have read various places that wages is not the issue and its the # of years.

As i currently understand it, that offer is still on the table and Gini has not accepted nor countered. Probably waiting to see what else comes his way from other teams to then make a decision.

It is most definitely wages first and foremost.

Gini wants to be paid similar to the senior players at the club so at least £150k per week.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1167: Jan 07, 2021 02:02:09 pm

Gini wants to be paid similar to the senior players at the club so at least £150k per week.

Do you think he's worth £150k a week Baz ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1168: Jan 07, 2021 02:14:09 pm
      Do you think he's worth £150k a week Baz ?

people talk about our front 3 and VVD. This fella, for me, is as vital, if not more so, to how we operate. Hes a brilliant footballer in his own right but what he does for the team, sadly, will only be realised when hes gone.

Should be given at least an equal wage to Keira who I believe is in that 150 bracket
      CT_LFC

• 6,809 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1169: Jan 07, 2021 02:19:52 pm

show me where this has been reported.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1170: Jan 07, 2021 03:32:39 pm
      It will be years arranger than wages mainly. Of course he privately wants a rise too but at his age he will want this to be a contract that gives him security into his 30s
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,021 posts | 528 
      Reply #1171: Jan 07, 2021 08:27:43 pm
      Who knows exactly what the sticking point is, but unless he is completely taking the piss we should give him a new deal. He's been outstanding the last 2 seasons, is always available, and would be expensive to replace. If we have to pay a bit over the odds for his wages, that is the price for not getting him tied down sooner. At this point he is the equivalent of a free transfer.

Personally I would bet pretty heavily that he will sign a new deal. He seems to want to stay, and Henry and co are hard bargainers, but not stupid. Be surprised of something isn't worked out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1172: Jan 07, 2021 08:55:20 pm
      Who knows exactly what the sticking point is, but unless he is completely taking the piss we should give him a new deal. He's been outstanding the last 2 seasons, is always available, and would be expensive to replace. If we have to pay a bit over the odds for his wages, that is the price for not getting him tied down sooner. At this point he is the equivalent of a free transfer.

Personally I would bet pretty heavily that he will sign a new deal. He seems to want to stay, and Henry and co are hard bargainers, but not stupid. Be surprised of something isn't worked out.

We've apparently tried to give him a new deal and he's said no. Make of that whatever you will. Personally don't know why he'd want to go to Barca unless it's for money and weather. It can't be for footballing reasons.

Quick Reply