Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool > PSG)

Read 192587 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Georginio Wijnaldum Player Thread
      Reply #1242: Feb 09, 2021 07:49:55 am
      Don't be daft 60 surely  :lmao:. Honestly hope he can string some sort of run together as I really rate him such a shame and another injury we could have done without

Naby I've given up on entirely. No doubt on his quality but it's irrelevant as he seems totally unable to sustain match fitness. I just think at some point Jürgen has to throw in the towel and I don't think he can afford to give Naby chances over other players in the squad.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1243: Feb 09, 2021 10:03:56 am

True that.. can’t believing I omitted Fabinho...
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1244: Feb 09, 2021 01:30:20 pm
      Naby I've given up on entirely. No doubt on his quality but it's irrelevant as he seems totally unable to sustain match fitness. I just think at some point Jürgen has to throw in the towel and I don't think he can afford to give Naby chances over other players in the squad.

I haven't each to their own
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1245: Feb 09, 2021 01:37:56 pm

For Naby look at Gundogen - he had the same issues when he first arrived and got through them
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1246: Feb 09, 2021 01:56:55 pm
      If he does leave, which is looking more and more likely as the days pass, I just hope at least some supporters will be at Anfield for the final home game of the season to give him the send-off he deserves. Felt quite sad watching the likes of Leighton Baines & David Silva say their goodbyes to empty stadiums last season after the years of service they've given their clubs. Gini's cemented himself as a club great the last few seasons, hopefully at least a fraction of the Kop will be able to show their appreciation
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1247: Feb 09, 2021 02:03:21 pm
      If he does leave, which is looking more and more likely as the days pass, I just hope at least some supporters will be at Anfield for the final home game of the season to give him the send-off he deserves. Felt quite sad watching the likes of Leighton Baines & David Silva say their goodbyes to empty stadiums last season after the years of service they've given their clubs. Gini's cemented himself as a club great the last few seasons, hopefully at least a fraction of the Kop will be able to show their appreciation

Good point. My initial reaction is that since it's unlikely people will be allowed at the stadiums any time soon that he'd get a proper reception upon his return, but since it is likely he'll move to Spain, he may never get his proper reception, which would be an absolute shame. The guy has been a total gem for this team since day 1.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1248: Feb 09, 2021 02:39:19 pm
      Good point. My initial reaction is that since it's unlikely people will be allowed at the stadiums any time soon that he'd get a proper reception upon his return, but since it is likely he'll move to Spain, he may never get his proper reception, which would be an absolute shame. The guy has been a total gem for this team since day 1.

Last game of the season is at home to Palace on the 23rd May, but sadly I think you're right about people not being allowed in stadiums, even on a reduced basis by that date. Was bad enough to see the likes of Lallana and Lovren leave without a send-off last season, and Gini has been far more integral to our recent success than either of those. Absolute stalwart of the squad in recent years, barely seems to miss a game
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1249: Feb 09, 2021 09:49:49 pm
      Last game of the season is at home to Palace on the 23rd May, but sadly I think you're right about people not being allowed in stadiums, even on a reduced basis by that date. Was bad enough to see the likes of Lallana and Lovren leave without a send-off last season, and Gini has been far more integral to our recent success than either of those. Absolute stalwart of the squad in recent years, barely seems to miss a game

Oh there'll be people allowed in by then, there'll hardly be any deaths at that point.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1250: Feb 09, 2021 09:51:44 pm
      If hes not staying the least he can do is talk the club into moving for Gravenberch and talk Gravenberch into signing
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1251: Feb 10, 2021 09:19:34 am
      Oh there'll be people allowed in by then, there'll hardly be any deaths at that point.

Certainly hope you're right but I'm not too confident. Presume it'll be a gradual reopening and live sport (even at a limited capacity) will probably be pretty far back in the queue behind the likes of schools, non-essential retail & the hospitality sector. Just can't see all of those four sectors back up & running in a little over three months
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1252: Feb 10, 2021 09:50:15 am
      Certainly hope you're right but I'm not too confident. Presume it'll be a gradual reopening and live sport (even at a limited capacity) will probably be pretty far back in the queue behind the likes of schools, non-essential retail & the hospitality sector. Just can't see all of those four sectors back up & running in a little over three months

oh it will be limited at first, like how it was when they first allowed some fans back late last year, but then ramping up and up, all the people who are most vulnerable have now been vaccinated, over 70's, and huge chunk of the rest of the population have already had it now, so its time to start getting back to normal in a sensible but hopefully quick way.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1253: Feb 28, 2021 05:03:30 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1254: Feb 28, 2021 05:10:37 pm

Tbh everything is media speculation at the moment, because Gini is playing it superbly keeping everything inhouse. I reckon if he's decided to stay we'll know sooner rather than later, but personally I think he'll leave it until end of season to decide. Can't fault him for the way he's handled it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1255: Feb 28, 2021 05:13:34 pm
      Tbh everything is media speculation at the moment, because Gini is playing it superbly keeping everything inhouse. I reckon if he's decided to stay we'll know sooner rather than later, but personally I think he'll leave it until end of season to decide. Can't fault him for the way he's handled it.

Agree - he had kept his level through the whole issue , some of the abuse he gets is poor , just like Can he will play as best as he can until it’s all sorted either way
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1256: Feb 28, 2021 05:17:27 pm
      Agree - he had kept his level through the whole issue , some of the abuse he gets is poor , just like Can he will play as best as he can until it’s all sorted either way

Problem with him and Thiago is they aren't Fab.

That's the whole issue, having to cover a role he's not accustomed to doing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1257: Feb 28, 2021 05:18:30 pm

That's the whole issue, having to cover a role he's not accustomed to doing.

Yep - I think Klopp is going to put him back in there and have Keita and Thiago there - that for me gives a lot of balance in the middle
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1258: Feb 28, 2021 05:18:53 pm
      Interesting that this comes just after the boss said he wont make wholesale change but will make tweeks.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1259: Feb 28, 2021 06:39:15 pm
      I don't want him back for big bucks. He's no difference maker. No deadly passes or ideas, just a reliable working horse. That is some value, but not some "throw all the money at him" value.

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1260: Feb 28, 2021 10:35:34 pm

Oh I don't know, I think they're both pretty good actually  ;)  ;D
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #1261: Feb 28, 2021 11:00:35 pm
      I really hope he stays. He’s always fit and can play as a 6 or an 8. I still feel he still plays within himself at times but when he turns it on he is a monster, and most weeks he’s usually a solid 7/10 who keeps us ticking.

I don’t know how much he wants but I think he deserves to break into the 100k bracket. He might be 30 but he’s incredibly fit and I think he can remain at a high level for 2-3 years, possibly more.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1262: Feb 28, 2021 11:39:37 pm
      Never misses a game, he’s kind of invaluable.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1263: Feb 28, 2021 11:47:08 pm
      If he wants to stay it's a no-brainer to sign him up really. Been great for us and fits perfectly into a Klopp midfield.

Would allow us to go bigger on a striker and a centre back as well in the summer.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1264: Mar 01, 2021 11:58:13 am
      If he wants to stay it's a no-brainer to sign him up really. Been great for us and fits perfectly into a Klopp midfield.

Would allow us to go bigger on a striker and a centre back as well in the summer.

If he wants to stay... You’re 30, you rose from Newcastle. You achieved things with Klopp and Liverpool. You’re now nearing the end of your career. Barcelona comes for you. Entirely understandable if he leaves. It’s just that leaving for no money is cruel to us. If he stays all these issues would be averted.

Quick Reply