Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Max Meyer (FC Schalke)

Read 3043 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Max Meyer (FC Schalke)
      Jul 23, 2016 09:24:24 pm
      Liverpool transfer news: Reds readying £28 million bid for German starlet Max Meyer

Max Meyer

By talkSPORT - @talkSPORT

Friday, July 22, 2016

Liverpool are lining up a bid for Schalke starlet Max Meyer.

Reds boss Jürgen Klopp is a huge fan of the 20-year-old midfielder and tried to sign him while he was in charge at Borussia Dortmund.

And now, according to Bild, the German is attempting to land his compatriot this summer as he continues to rebuild his Liverpool squad.

Liverpool's interest in the midfield talent dates back to 2014, when Chelsea also looked into bringing the then-teenager over to England.

But he has so far stayed put at Schalke and established himself as one of the best young players in German football.

Despite his age, Meyer has already played 95 times in the Bundesliga and Schalke are desperate to keep hold of him.

However it has been suggested that Liverpool are ready to test their resolve to keep him with an offer worth just over £28m for a player who is not yet 21 and within the final two years of his contract.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2016 09:46:20 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Max Meyer FC Schalke
      Reply #1: Jul 23, 2016 09:33:16 pm
      I doubt this is one that is going to happen. The Schalke boss has said he's staying and Klopp has said we may or may not make 1 more signing.

Heidel told Sky Sports (via ​Bild): "Max is a really good player, but a move to Liverpool is nonsense.

"I know Klopp a bit, and I have spoken with him recently and I think he would have been determined to speak to me then, if interest had been there. Aside from that, Max is not on our sales list. "

http://www.90min.com/posts/3503318-schalke-boss-christian-heidel-refutes-max-meyer-liverpool-rumour-as-nonesense

“We're in a good way. We don't need to make another three or four signings, maybe one more, maybe not.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-hails-100-backing-liverpool-11655814
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Jul 23, 2016 09:54:02 pm
      Sounds like some sort of sh*t solicitor.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3: Jul 23, 2016 10:20:29 pm
      I've been mentioning Meyer for like two years :laugh: Of curse I'd love this to happen!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Jul 23, 2016 10:36:31 pm
      I've been mentioning Meyer for like two years :laugh: Of curse I'd love this to happen!

You up for going with 5 behind the striker with 3 at the back? :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jul 23, 2016 10:47:02 pm
      Markovic in other direction ?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6: Jul 23, 2016 11:16:34 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Jul 23, 2016 11:25:20 pm

What a swap that would be, all day long snap their hands off.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8: Jul 24, 2016 02:46:18 pm
      Liverpool transfer news: Reds readying £28 million bid for German starlet Max Meyer

Max Meyer

By talkSPORT - @talkSPORT

Friday, July 22, 2016

Liverpool are lining up a bid for Schalke starlet Max Meyer.

Reds boss Jürgen Klopp is a huge fan of the 20-year-old midfielder and tried to sign him while he was in charge at Borussia Dortmund.

And now, according to Bild, the German is attempting to land his compatriot this summer as he continues to rebuild his Liverpool squad.

Liverpool's interest in the midfield talent dates back to 2014, when Chelsea also looked into bringing the then-teenager over to England.

But he has so far stayed put at Schalke and established himself as one of the best young players in German football.

Despite his age, Meyer has already played 95 times in the Bundesliga and Schalke are desperate to keep hold of him.

However it has been suggested that Liverpool are ready to test their resolve to keep him with an offer worth just over £28m for a player who is not yet 21 and within the final two years of his contract.

This is a kid I've seen a lot of and have never been disappointed. I like him a lot.

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #9: Jul 25, 2016 06:10:31 pm
      But do we need him. Priority is LB and possibly another CDM.

Quick Reply