Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Brad Smith - Bournemouth

Read 9904 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Brad Smith - Bournemouth
      Reply #23: Jul 24, 2016 08:22:00 am
      Bournemouth will have spent £14m on 2 left backs since their promotion. Will be interesting to see where they play Mings. Quite a few on the Bournemouth forum seem to think Mings will play CB now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Jul 24, 2016 09:01:01 am
      You say get over it, like I'm the only one who has an issue with him.

Do you really think it doesn't matter that he is such a defensive liability?  Did you already forget all the points he cost us last season?

Does that just.... Not matter?

No but your the only f**ker on here who is consistently f***in moaning about anything to do with who we buy who we sell and whatever is happening,
      We have a world class manager who will bring about a era of success we have all been craving for for f***in yrs,
      Get over it sunshine or F**k off and whinge elsewhere,
      To be honest with you, I think you bring your negative bullshit to draw attention to yourself,
      Most folk on here are happy, excited and are looking forward to how things develop under Jürgen, but not you, so sit down shut the F**k up and enjoy the ride.

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25: Jul 24, 2016 10:10:21 am
      £6M Holy sh*t what are they smoking down at Bournemouth.

Take the money and run.
      Not good enough to challenge Moreno unfortunately which gives you his level but hopefully he will get game time and improve on his defensive side of the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Jul 24, 2016 10:34:44 am
      £6M Holy sh*t what are they smoking down at Bournemouth.

Take the money and run.
      Not good enough to challenge Moreno unfortunately which gives you his level but hopefully he will get game time and improve on his defensive side of the game.

His delivery is second to none and that itself adds to his value and what he can give to Bournemouth.

Rarely tested in defence given who he has played against but i think he won't be too exposed playing in Howe's setup. Excellent opportunity for him and will be given the platform to repay the fee for Bournemouth. I hope he takes his chance with both hands.

Like the Ibe deal, i think everyone can benefit from it.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27: Jul 24, 2016 10:44:56 am
      With Mane and Winjladum in the side he may not be expected to bomb forward and provide width as much and thus probably won't be caught out of position as much, thus would probably be able to concentrate on his defending more.

I'm sure Klopp will bring in some one, but looking at it as it is Klopp obviously has Moreno down as a lesser priority, thus giving the impression he's got a plan in mind to minimize his mistakes.

Bombing down the line is what Moreno is actually good at. It's the defending he can't do. So adding Mané and Wijnaldum to "stop his marauding runs" isn't going to change the situation.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Jul 24, 2016 10:54:17 am
      Normal circumstances i'd sell him, but with Moreno as our only available left back i'd want a first choice left back brought in first.

Truth is there aint many great ones in world football though.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #29: Jul 24, 2016 11:43:02 am
      No but your the only f**ker on here who is consistently f***in moaning about anything to do with who we buy who we sell and whatever is happening,
      We have a world class manager who will bring about a era of success we have all been craving for for f***in yrs,
      Get over it sunshine or f**k off and whinge elsewhere,
      To be honest with you, I think you bring your negative bullshit to draw attention to yourself,
      Most folk on here are happy, excited and are looking forward to how things develop under Jürgen, but not you, so sit down shut the f**k up and enjoy the ride.

YNWA

Well said Billy, I think Fed must live in a dark world where there is no room to be happy and enjoy what's happening with our club. Would be nice if he could just post a positive post for once.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30: Jul 24, 2016 02:49:30 pm

Wait to see who Klopp has up his sleeve first, deffo another left back coming in me thinks.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #31: Jul 24, 2016 03:42:47 pm
      6m for Brad Smith is kooky talk. I mean he's decent and shows some reasonable promise, but he's only played like 10 matches for us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32: Jul 24, 2016 03:59:37 pm
      6m for Brad Smith is kooky talk. I mean he's decent and shows some reasonable promise, but he's only played like 10 matches for us.

The way the transfer market is at minute, we'd probably get £3m for me at 38 and other than five a side with the lads, i haven't really played at any competitive level for a long time :D

I'd still be better than Moreno
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #33: Jul 24, 2016 04:26:46 pm
      The way the transfer market is at minute, we'd probably get £3m for me at 38 and other than five a side with the lads, i haven't really played at any competitive level for a long time :D

I'd still be better than Moreno

;D We got mugged by only getting £75m for Suarez!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Jul 24, 2016 08:19:16 pm

Considering it's not so long ago he was nearly leaving for F**k all. Klopp comes in, new contract and then sells him for £6 million.

That's good business by Herr Klopp and the board.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #35: Jul 24, 2016 08:33:04 pm
      Damn good deal for us I reckon! Haven't been able to say that in a long time.
      Good luck to the fella.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #36: Jul 25, 2016 08:49:52 am
      I mean he's decent and shows some reasonable promise, but he's only played like 10 matches for us.
      Young Chilwell has only played 8 games for Huddersfield Town yet there's talk of figures of £7m, £8m and £10m, for him, Mozzie.

I guess it's just an indicator of how prices in 'England' are directly related to the vast amounts of money sloshing about in the Premier League. Bournemouth's scouts and Howe obviously fancy the lad enough to use a small portion of the T.V. windfall and to be honest buying a player from Liverpool reads well.

Posters used to mewl, like whelping pups, when we signed 'British' based players because of their cost when they believed that the managers only targeted (or even signed) too many 'Brits'. We didn't of course; that was just another myth, perpetrated by half-wits who would invent lies just to beat the then managers with. Thankfully we seem to have matured from then.

Is £6m a lot when you look the whole market objectively? I don't know for sure but I tell you what... it'll come in handy at some point so it ain't to be sniffed at.  8)
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2016 09:00:40 am by bad boy bubby »
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #37: Jul 25, 2016 03:29:11 pm
      Must admit didn't see this sale on the horizon,totally out the blue for me.
      Klopp wants the lad to get more game time and maybe thinks he cant  guarantee him that at Liverpool
      Where as the cherries can and as we all know you need to be playing games regularly to develop & I think he can do a job for them very much like ibe.
      Must admit I do like jurgens strategy & philosophy of including buyback options into the deals as I think that's a really good idea so I'm looking at the deal as 6mil with a great extra.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #38: Jul 25, 2016 06:20:27 pm
      Surprised to see this only because of the lack of cover at LB. Definitely a new LB coming in then be it as back up or starter.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Jul 25, 2016 06:49:19 pm
      Surprised to see this only because of the lack of cover at LB. Definitely a new LB coming in then be it as back up or starter.

From what I read last week, the intention was to keep him at the club but loan him out if we brought in a left back. That offer was obviously too good to turn down for somebody who won't get much game time at all this season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2016 08:59:44 pm
      Young Chilwell has only played 8 games for Huddersfield Town yet there's talk of figures of £7m, £8m and £10m, for him, Mozzie.

I guess it's just an indicator of how prices in 'England' are directly related to the vast amounts of money sloshing about in the Premier League. Bournemouth's scouts and Howe obviously fancy the lad enough to use a small portion of the T.V. windfall and to be honest buying a player from Liverpool reads well.

Posters used to mewl, like whelping pups, when we signed 'British' based players because of their cost when they believed that the managers only targeted (or even signed) too many 'Brits'. We didn't of course; that was just another myth, perpetrated by half-wits who would invent lies just to beat the then managers with. Thankfully we seem to have matured from then.

Is £6m a lot when you look the whole market objectively? I don't know for sure but I tell you what... it'll come in handy at some point so it ain't to be sniffed at.  8)

Oh yeah totally agree! It was more a comment on the way transfer fees in England are getting out of hand (which is why the Mane fee isn't a big deal).
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2016 09:02:51 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Jul 25, 2016 09:45:19 pm
      Know a few Bournemouth fans, they aren't happy about getting him at all because they've already got Daniels and a reliable cover. Would rather the money spent on a CB.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #43: Jul 27, 2016 02:35:38 pm
      deal completed
      good luck Brad smith on your new adventure
      http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/afc-bournemouth-brad-smith-3210011.aspx

YNWA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #44: Jul 27, 2016 03:44:28 pm
      Know a few Bournemouth fans, they aren't happy about getting him at all because they've already got Daniels and a reliable cover. Would rather the money spent on a CB.

Exactly. Didn't they get Nathan Ake on loan as well?

Well.. Howe knows better. Lets just be happy with their contributions.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45: Jul 27, 2016 04:51:00 pm
      I'm kinda gutted if I'm honest, I liked the lad, thought he had great potential, had the right attitude and would give his all when he played,
      only thing missing really was experience and being a tad naive,
      I'm glad tho there exists a buy back clause in the contract,
      I just hope Howe gives him enough game time,

Good luck Brad,  give it Bifters lad!

YNWA

Quick Reply